User Tag List

Thread: Hello, any other infj's out there willing to help me decide if I am or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello, any other infj's out there willing to help me decide if I am or not?

Hello, well I pretty much said it in the title. I think I'm infj but am not sure. The main reason I wonder is because I am not an impassive sort of person, I am actually quite expressive, yet socionics describes infj as impassive and myers briggs ordinary sometimes describes infj as 'cold on the outside'. Yet I am clearly a warm, accepting person. The thing is, I can't really be anything else as I am definitely an NF, definitely a J, and definitely not an EJ in charge type person. I am not shy but rarely the initiator with relationships - I hate answering the phone etc - but when I am with people I am fun and friendly and talkative. Are you other infj out there impassive or not? Do you think I am on the wrong track?

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That barely says anything about you at all! lol

You seem to be in the very common situation of MBTIism. Socionics is totally different, and will take time and effort to get even a decent understanding. If you'd like help decoding your type, tell us more about yourself and include pictures if possible; I'm sure we'll all be glad to give you our opinions. You should try socionix.com as well for further (and probably better) input.

Anyway, passivity is generally attributed to Fi INFjs, though they are very expressive, subtly. Ne INFjs are generally more overtly expressive.

Also, Ritella, while a good example of Ne INFj, still might not be the best choice to gauge yourself against. There are several types of each subtype of INFj (usually enneagramic differences), and she may not immediately come off as your identical.

Other INFjs on the forum (in my opinion, in case you wanted a list) include:

Subterranian (Fi)
    Diana (Fi, though obviously she self-types otherwise)
    Rick (Fi)
    Minde (Fi)
    Rockclimber (Fi)
    Ritella (Ne)
    Christy_B (Ne)
    Bionicgoat (Ne)
    Munenori2 (Ne) (both BG and Mune self-type as ISFp, I believe)
    and Pesto (Ne) on socionix.com

I hope that's helpful, but for anyone to be of more use, you'll need to supply more info. and perhaps pictures of yourself.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Tom

Anyway, Katharine, I don't think I can help you with knowing if you're INFj or not :/.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I'm still trying to figure you out Sereno; sorry I didn't include you in the INFjs!

For the record, INFj doesn't seem too far off (if at all) from what I can tell as of now.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The damage is done Tom, this is almost like Kill Bill backstabbing status... You go figure me out while I train in martial arts and get my life back together.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D:

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tom, I think Bionicgoat is Si-SEI
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katherine, with the information you have given thus far, nothing seems to go against your self-typing of EII. But perhaps you should start your own type thread in the 'What's My Type' sub-forum, if you are unsure.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging from your whole bunch of total 2 posts on this forum, particularly that other one in Ryu's thread (about what attracts you), I'd say you might want to look up some INFp description. That's my gut impression, anyhow.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're asking a bunch of strangers on the internet to describe you better than you know yourself? I'm just saying, it's not very realistic. I don't know you from adam. I'd like to get to know you, perhaps- but I never saw you before or had to live with you so I can't really say what your type is.

So what do you think your type is? You obviously know yourself better than anybody here. If you are certain you are INFj, why does the opinion of anybody else matter? You'll just drive yourself batty that way IMO. It's like if I ask for life advice from 15 people I may get 15 different answers. Better to just have trusted my own gut/instincts all along, eh?

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Judging from your whole bunch of total 2 posts on this forum, particularly that other one in Ryu's thread (about what attracts you), I'd say you might want to look up some INFp description. That's my gut impression, anyhow.
    Yes, same here.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
    Hello, well I pretty much said it in the title. I think I'm infj but am not sure. The main reason I wonder is because I am not an impassive sort of person, I am actually quite expressive, yet socionics describes infj as impassive and myers briggs ordinary sometimes describes infj as 'cold on the outside'. Yet I am clearly a warm, accepting person. The thing is, I can't really be anything else as I am definitely an NF, definitely a J, and definitely not an EJ in charge type person. I am not shy but rarely the initiator with relationships - I hate answering the phone etc - but when I am with people I am fun and friendly and talkative. Are you other infj out there impassive or not? Do you think I am on the wrong track?
    Based on this and what you wrote on that thread how delta NF's show interest. I would say you are Beta-NF, most likely NiFe (in case you don't understand my usual notation that is INFp). But since you are sure about being a J, you might also be FeNi (ENFj), they aren't necessarily that much of take charge people. The difference between EJ-temperament and IJ-temperament is more about energy levels.
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-22-2009 at 11:18 AM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Katharine! (run while you can!)

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suggest trying to talk to some EIIs (INFjs), and SEIs (ISFps), along with trying to learn more and more about socionics on your own.

Good luck.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are INFj from your style, but i'm no expert on INFjs. It isn't uncommon for there to be variance in behavior based on subtype. Alot of words in descriptions are open to interpretation.. That said, it might be easier for you to distinguish your type through identifying your dominant function. Fi for INFj, Ni for INFp. Read descriptions of the functions and see which one you relate to better. Do a google search of it if you cant find anything.