Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: people suck

  1. #1
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default people suck

    I used to think I was bitter, too absorbed in da stryfe and such. But I've come to realize that this abject flaw in humanity that creeps its way into my awareness every day is simply not due to any fault of mine! Just ask Ayn Rand. Anyway, the point is, I can't bear these fuckers. I'm posting this in beta for obvious reasons, and would appreciate it if patronizing deltas stayed the fuck out of the thread (but the cool ones are allowed ). Ok... you sit down to eat with people, and they completely disregard their own boundaries, distending their sloppy presences all across the goddamn table, chewing like rabid animals, as if the voracity with which they consume their artificially made food will enhance the collective appreciation of the event itself. You know the implications of this kind of attitude? It stretches into EVERYTHING -- but most of all, that fucking poisonous attitude of obligatory collectivism, "holding out a hand for someone in need" bullshit. Now... I love morals, but not fear-based, imperious guidelines that stifle the heart of people, and bind them to things and people which they shouldn't be bound to, simply for the collective pillow of mediocrity. Lesson learned: don't chew like a rabid fucking animal at the dinner table, cause you never know what the effects of your actions might be!

    Now, if you want something, express it directly and purely. No passive-aggressive begging laced with proper manners, no hopeful moping aimed at getting consolatory attention. NO. You ask, and if the other party(ies) consent, go for it (of course, certain occasions require force, but I'm referring to common social contact). But if you don't even bother to declare your goal, you deserve to be ignored for the pathetic fuck that you are. But THEN, don't even dare have the nerve to attempt to gratify your desire through underhanded means. That means you, my little snaky ESTj brother, who, instead of honestly stating what he wanted to watch on tv, despite my sister watching it, furtively grabbed the remote, changed the channel, then pitifully claimed he didn't do anything when reproached. DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR THIS ATTITUDE STRETCHES??? It's the goddamn business CEOs who do this shit, squandering money, indulging whores in their house, all after giving some passive-aggressive, tentative "indication" that they may want to do/have something, then upon realizing that it cannot reasonably be obtained, slither through the grass to get it and abscond. BUT POOR ME CAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT AND I'M OH SO SORRY. That's ok, we'll just send them to timeout, while no one learns and their effects ripple insidiously into society, with several new snakes sprouting up in their fucking place once they're in prison. Christ.

    At least I still care. Kind of.


    //done
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  2. #2
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I used to have this very bitter feelings I have with people, and I always blame myself for it. I still do feel this way towards people from time to time. Stay away from people who do not understand the boundaries and if they don't tell them to F--- off, but remember that there are people who will respect your line, and you should cherish the good one, so you don't feel ill-will towards all people. posting this in the bets subform at the very least they can understand this boundaries, rather it is good beta or the bad one.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  3. #3
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dude... It's just dinner and a kid with a remote...
    Easy Day

  4. #4
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I used to have this very bitter feelings I have with people, and I always blame myself for it. I still do feel this way towards people from time to time. Stay away from people who do not understand the boundaries and if they don't tell them to F--- off, but remember that there are people who will respect your line, and you should cherish the good one, so you don't feel ill-will towards all people. posting this in the bets subform at the very least they can understand this boundaries, rather it is good beta or the bad one.
    That's true. There are people who understand boundaries, and I really appreciate them. I don't like feeling ill-will, but the reaction is hard to control when it's constantly glaring in your face.

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Dude... It's just dinner and a kid with a remote...
    Yeah, I figured it would seem extreme. But it's mostly due to observing the accumulation of behaviors from people around me and making sense of them in terms of abstract themes. So, I'm sort of at the threshold at this point. Whatever though.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  5. #5
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    simply for the collective pillow of mediocrity
    <3333333333333333333333
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  6. #6
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Yeah, I figured it would seem extreme. But it's mostly due to observing the accumulation of behaviors from people around me and making sense of them in terms of abstract themes. So, I'm sort of at the threshold at this point. Whatever though.
    No I mean do what you gotta do dude. If you gotta rant go right ahead and rant I was just trying to give ya some perspective in case you didn't have any.
    Easy Day

  7. #7
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    as in "fight more important battles"?

    or

    "fight battles you can possibly win, all of humanity is too hard?"
    As in Don't get upset over spilt milk... or sloppy dinner time etiquette.... or a changed channel...
    Easy Day

  8. #8
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    <3333333333333333333333
    haha "We will help our common man... why, you say? Because it is the moral thing to do!"


    Hate is a reaction to the suppression of hope witnessed in the rest of people. I "hate" that they operate in this manner.

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    No I mean do what you gotta do dude. If you gotta rant go right ahead and rant I was just trying to give ya some perspective in case you didn't have any.
    Well, simplifying it can allay things, I guess. But at this point, nothing will ever take that form for me, cause I'm just fed up lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    as in "fight more important battles"?

    or

    "fight battles you can possibly win, all of humanity is too hard?"
    See, I feel like this is resignation, in a way. The important battle is sometimes the smallest, and the fact that humanity is too hard is almost more reason to fight -- to bring them back to life.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  9. #9
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post


    You're my hero
    Honestly though, I'm not on some crusade for common man -- in all honesty, they can suck a dick. It's more about maintaining my belief [in something] because I know it's right, despite how much I [could] be castigated for expressing and pursuing it. The point is, not giving up is always the best option -- you can't corrupt yourself simply to escape the corruption, or detach to pretend it doesn't exist and live idly on your own.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  10. #10
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Ok... you sit down to eat with people, and they completely disregard their own boundaries, distending their sloppy presences all across the goddamn table, chewing like rabid animals, as if the voracity with which they consume their artificially made food will enhance the collective appreciation of the event itself.
    AAAAAHHHHHH I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS! IT DRIVES ME INSANE.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  11. #11
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I used to chew like a rabid animal but now I'm a bit better with that after 23942783 people told me how annoying it was. To be honest I like when humans (esp. males) are piggish though, it's kind of....hot? When people are too self-aware and prim and proper it kind of annoys me. But I know what you mean, I guess. I guess we all find different things disgusting. Chewing loudly never annoyed me, but chewing gum annoys me. Gum is so nasty, especially when I see people leaving it places. How gross.

    I also don't get annoyed when I hear people pissing but it drives my parents CRAZY. I absolutely HATE anything dealing with feces, and especially blood..... and also dandruff is sooooo nasty. Also the worst is probably when you look at somebody and you see a booger on their nose OH GOD THATS GROSS!

    Chewing loudly and smacking lips never really bugged me though. But people who don't floss or brush their teeth = Yuck.

  12. #12
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's more about maintaining my belief [in something] because I know it's right, despite how much I [could] be castigated for expressing and pursuing it.
    Uh well yeah, people are just annoyed by too many different things and can tolerate different things..... your thread just reminded me of that. However, if people tell me in real life that I'm doing something they don't like I try not to do it. But if they're a really big asshole about it and I know it bothers them, I'll probably just do it because they're not asking me to stop in a very nice way. I mean I'm only going to know that I'm being annoying to somebody if they tell me it's annoying. To them. They have to be assertive and subjective with it, but if they arrogantly declare their level of discomfort as 'truth' that applies to everybody, then I just gotta roll my eyes.

    I don't mind 'Can you please not do that? It annoys me.'

    What I hate is 'NOBODY LIKES THAT! STOP THAT! IT'S ANNOYING!'

    That just backfires.

  13. #13
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I used to chew like a rabid animal but now I'm a bit better with that after 23942783 people told me how annoying it was. To be honest I like when humans (esp. males) are piggish though, it's kind of....hot? When people are too self-aware and prim and proper it kind of annoys me. But I know what you mean, I guess. I guess we all find different things disgusting. Chewing loudly never annoyed me, but chewing gum annoys me. Gum is so nasty, especially when I see people leaving it places. How gross.
    It's more annoying that they're unaware of it (or at least seem to be). Like, it's one thing to be attuned to your 'instincts' and express them fully in the right setting; but if you're with other people, don't burden them with your nasty ass biological mannerisms. I don't like prim and proper, but I do like people reserving their disgusting behaviors for those who care (i.e. intimates). And gum is the worst, cause it's repetitive. I can't count the number of times my dad did this in the car. It's like, get some fucking self-awareness and control, and stop being such a sloppy fool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    AAAAAHHHHHH I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS! IT DRIVES ME INSANE.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  14. #14
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    And gum is the worst, cause it's repetitive. I can't count the number of times my dad did this in the car. It's like, get some fucking self-awareness and control, and stop being such a sloppy fool.
    Ahhh my mom always does this in the car and she gets all defensive whenever I tell her to chew with her mouth closed. Along with you, I couldn't care less for prim and proper; I just find it nauseating to hear people mashing away at whatever shit is in their mouth with reckless abandon.

    Oh yeah, and !
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  15. #15
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you're gonna eat nasty, for God's sake do it right!

  16. #16
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Ahhh my mom always does this in the car and she gets all defensive whenever I tell her to chew with her mouth closed. Along with you, I couldn't care less for prim and proper; I just find it nauseating to hear people mashing away at whatever shit is in their mouth with reckless abandon.

    Oh yeah, and !
    ahah... yeah. Sometimes I'll tell my mom "don't talk with food in your mouth," and she'll react all incredulously, as if I've just violated some invisible boundary or something. But really, I just want your fucking mouth closed in my presence.



    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsandDoves
    Chewing loudly and smacking lips never really bugged me though. But people who don't floss or brush their teeth = Yuck.
    Yeah. Brush your teeth -- especially if you're naturally attractive. That will ward me off -immediately- a) how the fuck is anyone supposed to kiss you, b) it just looks nasty as hell. Smoking occasionally is fine, though.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  17. #17
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eugh, my roommate chews with his mouth open sometimes and it really bothers me...I used to harass my sister by doing stuff like that, but I've found a new hatred for this PARTICULAR behavior in the last year.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  18. #18
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    The important battle is sometimes the smallest
    *cringes* Nick, your military is showing...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  19. #19
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    *cringes* Nick, your military is showing...
    What? That has nothing to do with anything military-related. Reread.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  20. #20
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    What? That has nothing to do with anything military-related. Reread.
    WAY TO USE YOUR NI NICK

    If you look at it sans thread context, plus broader context of other shit we've been talking about, YOU MIGHT GET IT, TOOLSHED.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  21. #21
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    WAY TO USE YOUR NI NICK

    If you look at it sans thread context, plus broader context of other shit we've been talking about, YOU MIGHT GET IT, TOOLSHED.
    ah... right... you can't expect me to not be defensive at apparent critiques of some perceived inculcation inevitably incurred from the military. sigh
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  22. #22
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know, that's why I couldn't resist
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  23. #23
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lolz
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •