Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Is being Enneagram type 9 and Socionics Se ego compatible?

  1. #1
    BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Georgia
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Is being Enneagram type 9 and Socionics Se ego compatible?

    Why? I'm a 9w8 sx/so.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

  2. #2
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  3. #3
    BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Georgia
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah, I see now. But the 8 wing of mine plus sx/so makes it not really conflict much with Se. Here's a quote-

    This subtype of Nine may appear least like a stereotypical Nine because the outward sexual and social energies obscure some of the withdrawing and "zoning out" tendencies of the Nine. These Nines are the most connected and assertive of the subtypes of Nine, especially when it comes to relationships. There is still some internal struggle, as with the sexual/self-pres, but overall there is less of a tendency to withdraw. With the self-pres instinct last, this subtype can neglect self-preservational needs in favor of the intensity of their sexual instinct's pursuits. Individuals of this subtype could easily be mistaken for the dominant wing, because the sexual energy tends to flow in a manner similar to the energy of the wing. A Nine with a One wing would therefore appear more One-like and a Nine with Eight might be mistaken for an Eight.
    This explains also why I thought I was an 8w9... but I'm really just a 9w8 sx/so since this fits perfectly. I'm not afraid to influence, bend, and push situations etc, 9w8s will assert and do whatever it takes to preserve the peace.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

  4. #4
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  5. #5
    BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Georgia
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Your goal is to keep the peace? And you'll do whatever it takes to make that happen? What do you get out of it? How does it benefit you? (not trying to be a pain, just trying to understand)
    I feel quite unsettled if the peace isn't preserved. What I get out of it is inner harmony, and seeing the harmony between people is very nice. I'm not entirely sure how it benefits me besides keeping me sane.

    The 9's main motivation is peace, hence "Peacemaker". I can't really explain it much further than that. If things are bad between a someone I care for and myself then I'll confront them with the problems that we have until we have an understanding and everything is okay. If someone I care about is having trouble with something then I'll feel unsettled and try to make things okay for them, or at least do the best that I can. The way I see Se and w8 working into all of this is the whole "confronting" factor (I'm not afraid to do it, this is w8), and when I'm keeping the peace then I'll offer real solutions to problems and make decisions based on tangible things, and also assert and make these things happen to keep the peace.

    I'll answer any other questions if you have them.

    I think what the person I saw saying that was reading some 9 profiles that weren't all that great. Most 9 profiles are based off of 9w1s, the more common 9 type (9w8s are the rarest ennetype I'm pretty sure). A 9w1 ESI wouldn't make as much sense as a 9w8 IMO, because 9w1s try to make everything perfect in order to preserve the peace, and have trouble asserting and being outgoing. They hate confrontation. There aren't any 9w8 profiles on the net... which is problematic. People don't know much about us, and their knowledge about 9s is primarily from 9w1s.

    Yep rambling now. Lol.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    have you ever considered ISFp for yourself?

  7. #7
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  8. #8
    BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Georgia
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    have you ever considered ISFp for yourself?
    No. The ESI profile fits, I fit all ESI dichotomies, Gamma quadra fits me quite well, and I relate to a lot of ESI/gamma posts in where they are coming from. Also there is no way in hell the ILE is my dual, I LIEs. Why do you say this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Even from what you've said, it seems like ESE would fit 9w8 better than ESI, but I'm not well-versed in the enneagram, and will look at it more.
    Enneagram and socionics do have some correlations in that some sociotypes may tend to be a certain enneatype, but other than that there isn't much. Any enneatype can be any sociotype, no matter how strange it may seem. ESE seems to be commonly 3 or 2, and I've seen a few 1s.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No. The ESI profile fits, I fit all ESI dichotomies, Gamma quadra fits me quite well, and I relate to a lot of ESI/gamma posts in where they are coming from. Also there is no way in hell the ILE is my dual, I LIEs. Why do you say this?

    Enneagram 9 usually fits ISFp like a glove and quasi identicals can be confused as they have so many similarities in their strengths and weakness. But I personally think that the enneagram is so simplistic and generic to the point that I don't take too seriously.

  10. #10
    ESTj Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    9 is more of an Si/Ne thing, but 9w1 and 1w9 aren't too unbelievable, and actually very easily believable for Fi ESI. If in fact you are ESI, I've really no opinion one way or t'other yet lol. 9w8s are generally Si egos. Its all about controlling your environment.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

  11. #11
    ESTj Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also several "gammas" on this forum are alphas, so beware. Typing by relation means you have to be correct about everyone else's types. Everyone's. Exactly. Not going to happen here, nor is it really a good idea anywhere.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

  12. #12
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    The 9's main motivation is peace, hence "Peacemaker". I can't really explain it much further than that. If things are bad between a someone I care for and myself then I'll confront them with the problems that we have until we have an understanding and everything is okay. If someone I care about is having trouble with something then I'll feel unsettled and try to make things okay for them, or at least do the best that I can. The way I see Se and w8 working into all of this is the whole "confronting" factor (I'm not afraid to do it, this is w8), and when I'm keeping the peace then I'll offer real solutions to problems and make decisions based on tangible things, and also assert and make these things happen to keep the peace.

    I'll answer any other questions if you have them.

    I think what the person I saw saying that was reading some 9 profiles that weren't all that great. Most 9 profiles are based off of 9w1s, the more common 9 type (9w8s are the rarest ennetype I'm pretty sure). A 9w1 ESI wouldn't make as much sense as a 9w8 IMO, because 9w1s try to make everything perfect in order to preserve the peace, and have trouble asserting and being outgoing. They hate confrontation. There aren't any 9w8 profiles on the net... which is problematic. People don't know much about us, and their knowledge about 9s is primarily from 9w1s.
    You know, actually I think I might know someone else who is an ESI 9w8. He's very much the way you describe (and definitely not an SEI). I'm not in contact with him anymore but I dated him for awhile and we were friends for many years. So I believe you. Anyway, he never went looking for trouble but he was the type of guy who valued peace and justice and would never settle for burying his head in the sand, whether regarding relationships or public policies or social justice. I respected him a lot actually.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  13. #13
    Grand Inquisitor Bardia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I feel quite unsettled if the peace isn't preserved. What I get out of it is inner harmony, and seeing the harmony between people is very nice. I'm not entirely sure how it benefits me besides keeping me sane.

    The 9's main motivation is peace, hence "Peacemaker". I can't really explain it much further than that. If things are bad between a someone I care for and myself then I'll confront them with the problems that we have until we have an understanding and everything is okay. If someone I care about is having trouble with something then I'll feel unsettled and try to make things okay for them, or at least do the best that I can. The way I see Se and w8 working into all of this is the whole "confronting" factor (I'm not afraid to do it, this is w8), and when I'm keeping the peace then I'll offer real solutions to problems and make decisions based on tangible things, and also assert and make these things happen to keep the peace.
    I can relate to that somewhat. I don't like for their to be disharmony between myself and a friend or someone who I don't dislike. I have confronted several friends when they did something to piss me off and I will continue to do it. To explain the latter part I'll give an example of an interaction between me and niffweed. I called him an ass because he was acting like one on stickam sometime and in my opinion for unjustified reasons. I then wanted to make sure that he didn't think that I really disliked him as much as what he did (I don't really dislike him and wanted him to know that). Well I guess that made me SEI because that's what he types me as lol.

    But... I don't care about causing fights between me and someone I don't like. I usually don't try to start it but I have no problem going after someone if they even drop a hint that they want to start something with me. I try to keep the peace between two of my own friends if possible and if they are going to hang out with me at the same time. That doesn't always work though and if it doesn't whatever some people just hate each other and can't get along. I just wouldn't put them in the same room together. I have to admit though sometimes conflict can be entertaining to watch if i doesn't involve anyone I know well.

    I wouldn't say harmony really makes me happy though. I don't like to be in a fight with friends and if it continues after trying to talk to them I just break off the friendship.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

  14. #14
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I don't know you or anything, but this seems extremely unlikely.
    And how are you helping?

    I for one don't think there is conflict between Se egos and type 9s even though there is evidence that points to say most Se egos aren't type 9 peacemakers. I think you're giving too much of a stereotypical partisan conjectural viewpoint to what Se actually is, and it doesn't work that way. If one's "goal" is to keep the peace, then how is it not that one could achieve this through Se? How can you deny that of any type?

  15. #15
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are some Etypes that seem to inherently conflict with the nature of a sociotype. 9 and ISFj-Se I don't think are necessarily one of them. A 4w5 ESTp ... Doesn't make sense. A 2 INTp doesn't make sense. There really isnt a good system for relating both of these, though, so if someone says they're an E-type am content to take their word on it and move on
    INTp

  16. #16
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    There are some Etypes that seem to inherently conflict with the nature of a sociotype. 9 and ISFj-Se I don't think are necessarily one of them, though. For example a 4w5 ESTp ... Doesn't really make sense
    right. or like 8w7 ISFp hehe
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  17. #17
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sure I can understand criticism. However I'm just curious, why are you only stating a deficiency about the type? How is it impossible to assume any function can't work in tandem with a practical goal proposed by the enneagram. Perhaps you're not envisaging the internal conflict that agitates within a type 9, Se ego, and you can't make out any other reason for a type 9 to be perceived as so passive.

  18. #18
    BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Georgia
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm a 9w8 sx/so. I figured by that the people opposing my typing would have done their homework before challenging.

    9w8s aren't afraid to disrupt the peace. We love to preserve the peace. But we don't strive to make everything perfect beforehand like the 9w1, it's not really a main motivation. We will notice any rifts in out network of peace and then assert to make sure that they stay peaceful. 9w8 sx/so types aren't as afraid of confrontation. I am not afraid of asserting myself at all. I am generally very outgoing and don't mind confrontation, if it's all for the sake of preserving the peace or otherwise leading toward some sort of greater peace. Here is a quote on the sx/so stacking-

    This subtype of Nine may appear least like a stereotypical Nine because the outward sexual and social energies obscure some of the withdrawing and "zoning out" tendencies of the Nine. These Nines are the most connected and assertive of the subtypes of Nine, especially when it comes to relationships. There is still some internal struggle, as with the sexual/self-pres, but overall there is less of a tendency to withdraw. With the self-pres instinct last, this subtype can neglect self-preservational needs in favor of the intensity of their sexual instinct's pursuits. Individuals of this subtype could easily be mistaken for the dominant wing, because the sexual energy tends to flow in a manner similar to the energy of the wing. A Nine with a One wing would therefore appear more One-like and a Nine with Eight might be mistaken for an Eight.
    Source- Nine Stacks - the enneagram ...info from the underground

    ^I pretty much relate to that in it's entirity. Here is a 9w8 description-

    Awakened Nines with an 8 wing have a modest, steady, receptive core. They are charged by the dynamism of 8 - when focused on goals they often have great force of will. Get things done, make good leaders. May have an animal magnetism of which they are only partly aware. Can seem highly centered, take what they do seriously but remain unimpressed with themselves. 8 wing can bring a strong internal sense of direction. Relatively fearless and highly intuitive. Generally not intellectual unless they have it in their background. When more entranced, they manifest the contradictions of the two styles expressing them in sequence. Could be passively amiable like a Nine and then turn horribly blunt like an 8. One moment they are opinionated or nasty, next moment kindly and supportive. Often don't hear their voices when angry. Can have a sharp, grating edge. May be slow to anger and then explode. Or angry but don't know it; may confuse being assertive with being rude. Placidly callous - both styles support numbness. Tactless and indiscriminate and indiscreet. May be unwittingly disloyal, spilling everyone's secrets. Sexual confusion, sometimes they are driven by lust.
    I can relate to this too.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

  19. #19
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Why? I'm a 9w8 sx/so.
    I think it makes sense... my SEE boyfriend was 9w8 too.

  20. #20
    BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Georgia
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks^ the people who support me in this. I've never actually read a real argument against why 9's can't be Se egos, the only thing that I ever get when I ask this question is "I'm correct and that's not possible". It's ridiculous. Or the definition that the person is going by isn't that great.

    However, I would more so say this for Se creative types versus Se leading types to where I would truly be surprised to see a type 9
    Yeah agreed, I would be surprised to see one too. But I don't think it's impossible.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

  21. #21
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    My mom is ESI. She is likely the same E type as you Type 9 not correlating with Se ego is nonsense. However, I would more so say this for Se creative types versus Se leading types to where I would truly be surprised to see a type 9, but I'm sure there are plenty ESI type 9s out there. Take everything you read about socionics with a grain of salt...except for the essential elements. Elements, get it?

    I'm not below shitty jokes.
    Why can't LSI be nine, they are the benchtype for 9w8, which is called the referee, which 16 types in all socionics fits the word "referee" more so than the LSI?

    And i definity agree with the SE dominant over SE creative you have said.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  22. #22
    Grand Inquisitor Bardia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you sure you are a 9? It's just that I find this sentence about 9's inability to deal with conflict (see below) as in contradiction to what you said earlier (see below).

    "As the potential for conflict in life is virtually ubiquitous, the Nine's inability to confront it forcefully and deal with it effectively, leaves the Nine at a serious disadvantage when it comes to living a full, satisfying and honest life"

    "the way I see Se and w8 working into all of this is the whole "confronting" factor (I'm not afraid to do it, this is w8), and when I'm keeping the peace then I'll offer real solutions to problems and make decisions based on tangible things, and also assert and make these things happen to keep the peace."

    The point seems to be that 9s don't deal well with conflict where you say that you can effectively deal with it.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

  23. #23
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see an ISFj with Fi subtype being 9 easily - in fact, I think I've met some - but it seems harder for a Se subtype.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  24. #24
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hope everyone is aware that confronting conflict is a common exemplar definition of Se. You're missing the point that Se is external sensing, and doesn't necessarily mean confronting conflict, rather confronting conflict in some origin is a manifestation of Se that with reason unknown. If one has Se with type 9, what is left is what works within both, so any number of possibilities could emerge from this, that aren't contradictory with the actual theory. Elements are regions with boundaries, but within the boundaries are a number of points. Some of you are mistaking an element for strictly "a point."

  25. #25
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    What. Ever.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •