Thread: Your Favorite Socionicists

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your Favorite Socionicists

Whom do you often agree with when it comes to socionics? Whom do you believe has a better understanding of socionics than most others? Whom do you trust with expertise of socionics, of anyone here? Members. I'd like to know why you trust or end up in consensus with a socionicist. Do you understand them better because they share your IMs? Why are they better at objectively explaining socionics than other "enthusiasts" of their type? Nominate your favorite socionicist!

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By no means do I intend a perfect socionicst.

All member nominations:

Smilingeyes
    labcoat
    Brilliand
    Isha
    Rick
    Niffweed
    Expat
    Noam Chomsky
    Oleg
    Mcnew
    Tcaud
    Dee
    Phaedrus
    Ashton
    strrrng
    Steve
    Gulenko
    ragnar
    Lucas Winfield
    William Conly
    Hugo
    Zeldafan
    Harry Truman
    Oprah Winfrey
    Conan O' Brian
    David Rockefeller
    Socrates
    Diana
    Augusta
    Filatova
    Stratieveskaya
    Reinin
    LlywelynapGruffydd
    ArchonAlarion
    Deante
    Jriddy
    Eldanen
    Stratievskaya
    1981slater
    Polikujm
    Hkkmr
    Ephemeros
    Last edited by 717495; 08-07-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really favor these nominations. I intend to turn this into a vote and an award ceremony, and this is the original phase, so keep the nominations coming or your favorites might not make it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the quiet one who doesn't talk about socionic anymore and just roll their eyes on the outspoken one who gets it wrong. which is why they don't speak anymore becuase it would be useless to argue with them.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe so, but that does not make them more favored than those who speak. For those who know when to make an impact should make one, or they are themselves useless and unwise, and deserve no such praise or entitlement to an award. They have weakness that can not be overcome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't be sure any Socionists know what they are talking about.

I feel that I have wasted much time with Socionics and through this waste of time I have learned that no socionist that I have read in English can prove type is real. This essentially makes it a belief system and indicates that no one really understands what they are talking about. What is worse is no one says "alright, type might not be real, let us prove it" they are all protecting their egos by not admitting that possibility. This is what it looks like, though it does not prove there is no such thing as type.

Amateur socionists' work, especially based upon translations and posted on this forum, reminds me of rotten processed meat being reprocessed. Then this reprocessed meat has new additives and preservatives mixed in, and then is really spiced up to mask the odour.

What happens if you eat it? You become mentally ill.
    Last edited by Waddlesworth; 07-12-2009 at 06:50 AM.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It depends on what you mean by "Socionist", but I would say my favourite is probably Noam Chomsky.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean, you people?

Creepy-male

Brilliand, Isha. I basically trust them absolutely, even if Brill's theories are a little weird and off the planet (Isha helped a lot for my understanding of the basics). And not that he posts anymore, but Rick as well.

Creepy-bg

Mcnew, Tcaud, Dee and Phaedrus

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    me too!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Whom do you often agree with when it comes to socionics?
    Typing various people: I agree usually with a "consensus" formed by weighing various people's opinions against each other and taking into account each opiner's idiosyncrasies. Among long-term forum members most weight is usually placed on the individual's self-typing.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Whom do you believe has a better understanding of socionics than most others? Whom do you trust with expertise of socionics, of anyone here?
    Niffweed and Expat mainly.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smilingeyes

Ashton

strrrng

Steve

Gulenko

ragnar

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    +100

Lucas Winfield, William Conly, Hugo and Zeldafan.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-Diana

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on whose opinion I trust most in typings and general socionics:

Myself, Steve, Ashton, Strrrng, Deante, Jriddy, Eldanen

Those who I believe have shown potential or whose theories have piqued my interest:

Labcoat, Brilliand, Smilingeyes, Tcaud, Mcnew, 1981slater, Polikujm, Hkkmr, Ephemeros

Everyone else can be great too and I would like to add more people to this watchlist.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    My favorites: Diana, Augusta, Filatova, Stratieveskaya, Reinin, Gulenko
    Yea that Diana. I love reading her socionics articles.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    LlywelynapGruffydd
    LlywelynapGruffydd is a fraud. All of his fame is derived from publishing Earl B. Frobes notes which he stole while Frobe was passed out after a particularly wild night of Socionisizing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolz

Also I tend to agree the most with Ashton, Strrrng, Steve, and Jake. 1981slater is also almost always right.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aushra Augusta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i appreciate many authors but at the moment i'm impressed with the work stratievskaya is doing on intertype relationships. she's publishing it here ????????? ?? ???????????? in portions. it's in Russian though. sometimes i find her approach too colored. you can just see her own intertype relationships when she's characterizing the types in different life situations and she can't restrain herself from moral judgment (oh yes she doesn't seem to admire my type :wink: ) and she uses too extreme illustrations from life to my mind. but still if you don't pay attention to that it's very informative and exact.

Most marketing books are written solely to market their authors.
    Time management ruined my life.
    There are only two worthy occupations in Belarus - IT and music.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On this forum, I probably trust Expat the most. I haven't really thought much about which of the 'famous' socionists I trust the most. Gulenko, probably. It's easier for me to come up with a list of socionists I DON'T trust.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Niffweed and Rick, I see a trend of accuracy, but furthermore a display of common law with their explanations. Even when their understanding becomes internalized. it is originated from socionics. Most others listed here sit on the fence, many ideas/sterotypes don't apply to socionics, and those many who don't state their ideas give obsurd impressions and stick to them without investing in reformation of their ideas in directive of common law, especially when it comes to the information elements. It tends to be that there is no common law, only consensus, and members turn into benchmarks of types, and from there we get fake impressions. Impressions should be backed up by what is for a better part, common law, and this application of common law is when impressions fit the standard of what is feasible. Much of what goes around I'm afraid to say is quite MBTIish in its behavior analysis matching up to stereotypes and not the information elements. Then again there are some people who are good at typing within a few types, mainly of their quadra, and they're appreciated to that extent of validating intertype relations, and again this is understanding that is internalized, yet is originated from socionics. Solutions mainly involve downplaying of repetitive activity that extensively causes momentary illusions of grandeur. Simply put, everyone in their idealistic state wants a piece of the pie, and will heed shortcuts, blight for a lack of context. And no I don't mind rephrasing myself now and again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Rick's and Expat's explanation of thing. Smilingeyes and Niffweed also seem to provide good information, but for whatever reason it's not as easy for me to absorb their style of presentation.

I seriously doubt the veracity of tcaud, Phaedrus, mcnew, labcoat and brilliand. The first three because they've got a few good ideas wrapped in a chocolate-flavored coating of egomania, labcoat perhaps due to simple communication difficulties, and brilliand because his religious views seem to skew things to me (but then again, that may just be me allowing that he's strongly religious to color my impression of the information he presents).

At times I agree with strrrng. I like Isha's posts in general but I haven't seen much of what she says about the theories of socionics. I began learning about socionics on Sergei Ganin's site, but he seems to go too far trying to reconcile it and MBTI, so I stopped reading at his site.

I have not read much of the writings from Russian socionists; every time I've tried I've felt frustrated by what seemed poor translation issues.

There's been a few times that Implied has talked about the theories, and she seems to have a good handle on it, but she also doesn't seem to get into it too often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI