Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extraverted intuition Ne column

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Extraverted intuition Ne column

Yes, this thread started, because I was bored.

Now, I'm going to keep it going, again, because I'm bored.

I'm going to write about stuff that bugs me and stuff I feel people are screwing up when they don't think about socionics. Maybe I'll write about something else too. It's a column. It's not about socionics.

Feel free to suggest names for the column.
    Last edited by Trevor; 04-10-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Ne types good at IQ tests? Just seems like they would be.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ENTp who writes IQ tests. And isnt marilyn von savant ENTp? I can't really think of a type who would be as interested in the study of small puzzles

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can somehow picture ENFps getting in on it too, with the actual taking of the tests.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I've read that intuitives are biased toward IQ tests, in taking them. Even though when I took one (not online) I scored 145, but from what I've read it makes sense if there is a correlation.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Are Ne types good at IQ tests? Just seems like they would be.
    I am good at IQ tests as long as they are not the emotional kind. I suck at those.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do extremely well at IQ tests, Ne-ENFp brother not so much.

Intellectual tests are typically skewed towards NTs.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dream. Various tasks were listed. I was the one who was supposed to do them. Odds for completion of tasks were also listed. They were ranging (approximately) from 2.40 to 3.80 (25-42% approximately). Once I finally started doing the tasks all odds changed to 1.03(97% respectively).

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah I've read that intuitives are biased toward IQ tests, in taking them. Even though when I took one (not online) I scored 145, but from what I've read it makes sense if there is a correlation.
    That's how it seems in MBTI, and in socionics it leans more towards Ne Ti types because of basically what it tests you on has much less to do with Ni. Although I'm pretty good at IQ tests, its because I've learned them. I could imagine Se dominants doing better at a fresh perspective on the test than I do, because they probably use Ne consciously more often than I do. Same goes with Fi dominants with Ti. Tests like these might come across as more phony to those Ne/Ti Hidden Agendas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think that merging 3 good ideas into 1 new idea is a good idea?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Even though when I took one (not online) I scored 145
    braggart :-p

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering, wouldn't it be nice to let's say have some kind of an instrument, star-trek tricoder, some kind of an inner eye or such, which tells you someone's type in a second. I mean, you take your instrument with you, go outdoors..somewhere where great mass of humanity is concentrated, and after two weeks you go back to your place and realize that you have become a socionics god. Of course this can be done gadgetlessly but it takes a whole lot more of time.
    Last edited by Trevor; 04-10-2010 at 12:22 AM.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I have one. Going for 30 bucks. Anyone?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Only if the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you have this goal in your mind. You know the procedure, you know how to get there. How would you do it? As fast as possible (using really fast and semiretarded body movements, so that you can move on quickly to another task) or slowly(so that you can enjoy the process more)? Is this Result vs Process? Which stance is to be adopted? Both seem nice, especially when they're accompanied by self-possession.
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-28-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you have this goal in your mind. You know the procedure, you know how to get there.
    That already sounds like Process.

Result feels more like responding to an oppurtunity.

"You know what's good and bad for you, but in your current state see no real reason to undertake action toward anything. If just the right thing were to happen, or the right situation was to pop up, you could push things in the direction you want with only a minimal amount of effort. But to make anything happen of your own effort seems wasteful. So you bide your time, observe, wait and respond to things as they come along."

or a more extroverted version:

"Interesting and fruitful things are going on all around you. Although you would like to benefit from all of these activities, you can not afford to get occupied with a single one of them lest you miss out on the others. So you contribute to every activity what you can right now and move to the next."

What matters is that the Result type acts towards a process that wasn't his to begin with. He never was invested in what was going on and only supported the proceedings for a very brief moment.

Process: invested, occupied
    Result: uninvested, idle

Were the words in your last post written by smilingeyes or are they yours?

The above video shows the difference between Process and Result with pristine accuracy.

Pacino plays the Process character:
    "You search for the scent of your prey, and then you hunt them down. That's the only thing you're committed to."
    "It keeps me sharp, on the edge. Where I gotta be."

De Niro plays the Result character:
    "When you want to be making moves on the street, allow nothing to be in your life that you can't walk out of in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."
    Last edited by krieger; 07-28-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    "You know what's good and bad for you, but in your current state see no real reason to undertake action toward anything. If just the right thing were to happen, or the right situation was to pop up, you could push things in the direction you want with only a minimal amount of effort. But to make anything happen of your own effort seems wasteful. So you bide your time, observe, wait and respond to things as they come along."
    That sucks man. These words, are they written by you, or(they're quoted, that's why I ask)? Let's say I have a problem(solvable in a conservative way). I'm thinking and thinking and thinking how to solve it in a different way. Then I start to feel really bad since it seems that I cannot find an elegant, candy-ass solution. So at some point I say to myself, that's it, I'm sick and tired of this thinking, I'll instead use knowledge that I already have to solve it. That implies a lot of hard work(from an elegant solution's point of view) on my part, but you know, i'm tired, my head is about to explode, can't take it that way anymore. If I again start searching for an elegant solution, chances are, i won't do a damn thing so I have to be careful and not let the old pattern of thinking come back. Then I go and solve it(first thing's first: it has to start with meticuolous cleaning of my room, otherwise world would fall apart). Is this Result vs Process, or what?

Were the words in your last post written by smilingeyes or are they yours?
    They're mine. Why do you ask that? Sounds familiar, induction, or?
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-28-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-cloudy-windy-70 deegrees-
    Walking towards xyz..making grimaces simultaneously..testing various snarling faces..confused faces..hypnotized faces..happy silent faces..faces. I've heard that voluntary manipulation of one's facial expressions manipulates one's emotions as well, even blood pressure, heart rate, etc..good..playing with the concept..looking for a suitable face and emotion. OK..i've found it..it feels good..i'm like hypnotized..like on weed..every house is a story of its own..hm..interesting..tov meod..So i've just found really good grimace-induced emotional state..check..more to go..now, this emotional state is generally OK but it aint gonna make me rich 'cause money is of no big interest to her..the thing is..i am going to be rich..and i'm also adopting this emotional state..i just have to make her to love money just as i love it..to do that i have to asociate something she adores with money..now, she(the new emotional state) is a hard worker and would gladly work for well organized(swiss-watch-like) corporation, because she's like on weed, weedsters are good workers..that's it..i 've told her..you can work for me..you just do as i say and we'll all be happy..you'll be happy fulfilling your duty, hard work, childlish enthusiasm,hallucinations, happy face and such..i'll be happy because i'll get my money.Isn't it lovely when everyone's happy.

EDIT:i'm gonna call her Kruno. Actually him. It's a male name. C'mon..be a man..starting now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once upon a time, there was a young shepherd. His main interest were various usually horned ruminant mammals of the genus Ovis in the family Bovidae, especially the domesticated species O. aries, raised in many breeds for wool, edible flesh, or skin.
    Last edited by Trevor; 08-27-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I take the Puss in Boots, you stay with the seal without a ball. ILEs always win.
    Awesome. I have actually spend some minutes trying to find the rime except Puss-Boots. The rime was non-existant. It's just that the line is so good that I thought that there must be a rime.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All posts written by me in the period from 11-05-2009, 10:58 PM CET(this post: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/578247-post17.html) to now are written by a smilexian-ISFj. Now you know.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This quote from the socionics.com "INTj Uncovered" profile sums up my feelings about pretty much everything in this thread:

If there were Weirdness Olympics between all 16 types then INTj would be an unbeatable gold medallist. In fact INTjs are so weird that they do not just appear weird to people who don't know them, but to other INTjs as well.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Ne column needs more real Ne types.
    Last edited by krieger; 11-08-2009 at 03:02 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything has been said on the topic as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dream. Various tasks were listed. I was the one who was supposed to do them. Odds for completion of tasks were also listed. They were ranging (approximately) from 2.40 to 3.80 (25-42% approximately). Once I finally started doing the tasks all odds changed to 1.03(97% respectively).
    The question of acquiring skills. Everyone has them, everyone wants more of them. Practicing the skill improves the skill. Practice enough and you might master it. What I, and you; what we don't have? We don't have enough of time to perfect all the skills we'd want to. Anyone seen Groundhog Day? It's my favorite. The guy had all the time in the world, and he mastered all he wanted to master. A rather deep movie inspite of the fact it's a romantic comedy. ....so given that we don't have enough of time; the question of acquiring skills faster appears. Maybe it would appear regardless but who cares.

Anyone seeing where all of this is heading?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    This quote from the socionics.com "INTj Uncovered" profile sums up my feelings about pretty much everything in this thread:

My friends told me that I would win the "you always look completely spaced out when we're talking to you - like your attention is somewhere else entirely - but somehow you are listening" gold medal. This is in addition to the gold medal my friends assure me I would win for the best conversational non sequiturs.

Heh, so true. I hate speaking with other INTjs(or should I say against other INTjs) offline. They're too weird for my taste.
    Which is why LIIs bond so well with ESEs: "Hooray! Normal people!"
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hooray! someone interesting!
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is tomorrow gonna be peace or war in your town? If you could bet on it what would you put your money on, and why? Actually, what I'm asking is; what would be your betting strategy, how would you generally pick your picks?

I'm interested in your answers before I give mine. (I'm already half-anticipating no one's gonna answer but hey, gotta try my luck, given the odds; this just has to be taken.)
    Last edited by Trevor; 04-10-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peak oil, global warming, fascist China becoming the main economic superpower of the world... War? Yes, you can count on it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not deleting the post.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peak oil, global warming, fascist China becoming the main economic superpower of the world... War? Yes, you can count on it.
    Peak oil is just another scare story like the world ending in 2012. Oil will eventually peak, and a new kind of energy will slowly replace it. Global warming is merely a gradual change in global climate and the planet isn't unable to adapt to gradual change. The world changes everyday. Call me an idealist, but one day more effort will be put into reversing global warming instead of merely reducing it. Carbon Capture and Storage, anyone? As for China, it's growing but still has a long way to go before it's the main economic superpower. China is still behind Japan in GDP and still has less than a third that of the United States.

Peace tomorrow.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So did you mean actually "tomorrow" or the close future?
    Tomorrow.

OK, 3 answers. 3 is the number.

If it's war today I'd put my money on war for tomorrow. If it's peace today I'd put my money on peace for tomorrow.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if MatthewZ lives in Afghanistan? He said "peace".
    What if lighting struck the same place twice, stopping a man's heart with the first strike and reviving him with the second?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if MatthewZ lives in Afghanistan? He said "peace".
    He lives in the US, if I recall correctly.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    IQ Testing isn't type-related (imo).
    I disagree. Intelligence isn't type-related, but the ways we test for it are biased towards intuition and thinking.
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question of acquiring skills. Everyone has them, everyone wants more of them. Practicing the skill improves the skill. Practice enough and you might master it. What I, and you; what we don't have? We don't have enough of time to perfect all the skills we'd want to. Anyone seen Groundhog Day? It's my favorite. The guy had all the time in the world, and he mastered all he wanted to master. A rather deep movie inspite of the fact it's a romantic comedy. ....so given that we don't have enough of time; the question of acquiring skills faster appears. Maybe it would appear regardless but who cares.

Anyone seeing where all of this is heading?
    I had this idea, last summer, where I would achieve my megalomanic hard-to-achieve goals almost solely by doing minor, in itself insignificant, but easy to do things which in the context of my goals can and will help. Kinda like, you do this bunch of minor, in itself insignificant, easy to do things, and then, when you're done or almost done with them, you can say "the time is ripe" and move in for the kill. Reducing the accomplishement of your goal(s) to the level of a finger snap.

First thing's first:

It is obvious from experrience that there are such Zs that can be done with various random binary property configurations. Some of them in particular mutual combinations might be more helpful for doing the Z than the others(basically, there are easier and harder ways to do the things). However, in order for Z to be done some requirements just have to be met. They're a conditio sine qua non. So, some random properties configuration + the necessary Z requirements(Z doing steps amongst them) = the Z done.

Reinin Insight Corner:

Let us say doing either X+Y or (-X)+(-Y) alleviates doing the Z. Doing either X+(-Y) or (-X)+Y not quite so.The X, Y, (-X) and (-Y) all being easy to do in comparison with Z. Let us also say that doing the X+Y is significantly easier than doing the (-X)+(-Y). Therefore, in order to do the Z easier one ought to do the X+Y rather than (-X)+(-Y).
    Let us thence say that doing either W+A or (-W)+(-A) alleviates doing the X and doing either J+K or (-J)+(-K) alleviates doing the Y. Now, if it's given that doing the W+A is significantly easier than doing the (-W)+(-A) and that doing the J+K is significantly easier than doing the (-J)+(-K) thence it is correct to say that out of all possible WAJK configurations that contribute to the Z being done, the W+A+J+K one contributes the most(types everywhere ). Neat.

To be continued..
    Last edited by Trevor; 04-17-2010 at 05:39 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends. Is the new idea good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast