Thread: Various DC characters

Creepy-male

Default Various DC characters

"In the early 1970s, writer Denny O'Neil and artist Neal Adams teamed Green Lantern with archer Green Arrow in groundbreaking, socially conscious, and award-winning stories that pitted the sensibilities of the law-and-order-oriented Lantern with the populist Green Arrow."

LII/SEE tensions?

Also,

"The Green Lanterns are often depicted as being close friends of the various men who have been the Flash"

What types are The Flash-es?

Someone who knows these characters better than me help me out!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    "In the early 1970s, writer Denny O'Neil and artist Neal Adams teamed Green Lantern with archer Green Arrow in groundbreaking, socially conscious, and award-winning stories that pitted the sensibilities of the law-and-order-oriented Lantern with the populist Green Arrow."

LII/SEE tensions?
    From what I remember of that phase, I'd have said that the Green Arrow was portrayed there as a LSI, and the Green Lantern, as some Gamma.

I disagree with the premise, Green Lantern = "law-and-order" and Green Arrow ="populist".

Rather, it was more like, Green Arrow = "the whole 'system' is wrong" and Green Lantern = "we work within the system to improve things".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-male

Interesting.

Unfortunately, I don't know where to find the comics, so I can only comment based on what I read on Wikipedia.

I don't know, was there ever a more extended discussion on The Flash's (Wally West version) type? From what I've seen in Justice League (which is not much), he and The Martian Manhunter are interesting characters for me.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think many people here are that interested in those characters.

When they first revamped the Flash as Wally West, they made him into a sort of supposedly unconventional super-hero, somewhat obnoxious, that is, he preferred to ask for some sort of compensation (financial or otherwise) for his heroics, and with a sort of self-centred, casual approach to relationships. Maybe a not-very-nice SEE or something.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!