Thread: SLI-ILI Business/Look-alike relations (INTp & ISTp)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLI-ILI Business/Look-alike relations (INTp & ISTp)

What's this look-a-like relationship like?

I just got to know this nice, smart and cool SLI and I'm wondering what you SLIs and ILIs think of this relationship romantically.

I've an SLI friend, we get along really well, but when we meet, we usually have long periods of silence, which feels pretty weird. So I'm not sure if it'll work out.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    What's this look-a-like relationship like?
    Most of my romantic interests thru the years have been SLIs. Some years ago I actually got to seriously date one. It was wonderful.

YMMV, but for me there never was any shortage of things to talk about. Also, I appreciated her natural quietness - there are enough people around who'll drown me in hot air if I give them half a chance to do so.

The best was when we did things together, like driving thru an unfamiliar neighborhood. I really loved her practical sense and skills, in particular skills of observation.

She told me she appreciated my theoretical skills.

The main relevant problem I think was that she needed emotional support that I was unable to provide.

All in all, I see look-alike socionics relations as fully acceptable in marriage. You're better off married to a look-alike who's otherwise compatible to you than you'd be with a dual who's not.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's really good news!

i'll prolly try it out and pray for the best. he seems like a great guy that's worth the effort.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    that's really good news!
    YMMV, though. No guarantee your experiences will even remotely resemble mine.

Her background was rural and semi-academic. Mine is rural/urban and academic.

We had same ethnicity, decently compatible religion and almost identical value system. There was no intense physical attraction to cloud the judgment. Both of us were over 30.

Variation among such parameters may affect the outcome significantly, IMHO.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like SLIs in real life. My SLI bro and I get along well, we usually end up making jokes that show we hate minorities

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've dated 2 SLI women.

I was surprised how great the relationship felt, because it's not a quadra, not a dual etc, you'd expect it to not be any good.

What has been said before here in this thread is also as I experienced it. The SLI finds the stories of the ILI very interesting especially his philosophical interests and knowledge
    (SLI can be really good at those too, watch out!) The ILI likes the sensory stuff that the SLI provides as a sort of protection.

The talks go pleasant, though for a relationship you've got to watch out not letting things get to cold or to business like. Especially with two logical types.

What stood out was that the Si subtype had really simple humor and was really relaxed. The Te subtype was really loyal, ready to help you out with anything was more extreme.

Both girls dumped me, probably because I didn't give them enough attention. The si girl did it in an arrogant way. The Te type said she rather wanted to stay friends and after that we had a good fuck.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    The Te type said she rather wanted to stay friends and after that we had a good fuck.
    That's a friend.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty positive feedback.
    So I guess it's not harm trying?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you'll probably have fun sex and end up breaking up when your relationship goes cold.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    you'll probably have fun sex and end up breaking up when your relationship goes cold.
    I'm not that boring really.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kinda-sorta-sure that my two best friends are ILI. In both cases, we started dating within a few weeks of meeting, and broke up perfectly amicably 4-5 months after that. The one I'm more certain of being ILI, we actually started hanging out more often after breaking up! (He got married last year, and I think his wife is SEE - sweet, sweet girl.) For my part, I have zero regrets at having dated them in the first place, and I'm very, very fond of each of 'em as friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any INTp and ISTp relationship experiences??

Hello! Are there any ILIs with relationship (ideally romantic) experiences with SLIs that they would like to share?
    Last edited by Pastel; 09-11-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've recently witnessed a very poor one. The SLI is very technically competent and productive technologist but isn't very diplomatic. The ILI engineer hasn't a practical bone in his body and although intelligent, is ill-suited to his job but he can talk and write very convincingly. He spends a lot of time attacking the reputation and competence of the SLI, who is obviously seen as a threat; when the SLI misquotes or spells wrong, the ILI takes the time to give an oral dissertation of his thesis to each and every staff member personally. The SLI, who is ex-military, thinks the ILI is a coward and a total waste of oxygen and takes his criticisms directly to the ILI, which adds fuel to the ILI's fire.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I've recently witnessed a very poor one. The SLI is very technically competent and productive technologist but isn't very diplomatic. The ILI engineer hasn't a practical bone in his body and although intelligent, is ill-suited to his job but he can talk and write very convincingly. He spends a lot of time attacking the reputation and competence of the SLI, who is obviously seen as a threat; when the SLI misquotes or spells wrong, the ILI takes the time to give an oral dissertation of his thesis to each and every staff member personally. The SLI, who is ex-military, thinks the ILI is a coward and a total waste of oxygen and takes his criticisms directly to the ILI, which adds fuel to the ILI's fire.

a.k.a. I/O
    I have witnessed this exact thing between an ILI and an SLI. It shocked the hell out of me.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, it's my band teacher. I already talked about him. He does live up to the Bond stereotype, I think. More on the side of incredibly hardworking, but pretty much unknown to the public.

I don't know about the arguments though. Hey I mean it could've happened, had I pressed with things. I remember, I got carried away with some coincidental evidence, and Si users really like that. So that was shut down pretty quickly. Like I have a birthday on the same day as Louis Armstrong and the Fourth of July. It was more meaning to say that tons of stuff happened on the 4th of July, but I was less developed back then. It pretty much amounted to "look at me, I'm special". Anything to satisfy the id, or super-id in this case, honestly. Now, me being a reasonable person, I did not press on further on the matter.

That's an interesting thing though. I never really got too close to him to cause that kind of thing, and I think neither of us felt that we're dealing with issues of too much importance in the grand scheme of things. I'm actually sure I surprised him, like when I figured out my issue came from mouthpiece size. I played Tuba, and had an issue of producing enough sound. As such, I tried things. Like first, I did it the conventional, just kill yourself over it method. It really didn't work. Then, I realized, my friend, who was incredibly loud, had a different bore mouthpiece. I got another mouthpiece, and voila, problem solved. Still, I'd honestly be surprised if he remembered it as well as I do, because I just remember these things.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have more contact with another one. Pretty much like me, but more of a WW1 style officer. No retreat and such, inflexible so on and so forth. Definitely not the Max Hoffman. Has a weird compulsion to redo organization and names of things. Like I feel it is because he is out of work to do. If he was given some kind of productive task, this would probably die.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 12-02-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko