Thread: Speed of Speech

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Speed of Speech

I've noticed something:

It seems that I've come across a number of ILIs who speak extremely slowly. To me, it's as if their speech is almost moving in slow motion. For this reason, I have to strain to understand what they're saying. (They probably perceive me as speaking too quickly.)

On the other hand, I've come across some people who talk extremely quickly, and, for this reason, I find their train of thought equally hard to follow. However, I'm not sure what type they are.

Has anyone else noticed something like this? Do you think it's type related? What types would seem to speak quickly/slowly to an LII?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    It seems that I've come across a number of ILIs who speak extremely slowly. To me, it's as if their speech is almost moving in slow motion.
    Yeah I usually speak quite slowly, sort of like I was half-asleep. I've been told that I sound "smooth" and very calming.

For this reason, I have to strain to understand what they're saying. (They probably perceive me as speaking too quickly.)
    Actually I used to worry at one point if people understand what I say, because my speech came out so mumbling sometimes to me, but apparently they do.

Jason
    It would save you effort if you had your name on your sig, instead of typing it every time
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I speak at an average speed, unless I'm excited. If I'm nervous, I tend to speak more slowly.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

E's seem to speak faster than I's do. Some E's appear to just blurt things out without much thought to their words. I's are more likely to think, then speak then think then speak, making their speech slower.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sumtimes my mind speak more fast than my voice can affort. That's why I tend to speak faster. When nervous or excited, I try to speak more slowly.