TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Emotional Intelligence

I scored a 98 on queendom.com

By the way if you like personality tests, or IQ tests... or pretty much any kind of online tests, queendom.com is a great place to go.

Anyway, just like regular IQ tests, 98 is just below average
    So... el oh el. I failed. Um.

here:
    Snapshot Report Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 98
    Subscale percentile = 47

98 According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is slightly below average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is just barely acceptable. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a solid ability to offer advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

http://www.queendom.com/tests/take_test.php?idRegTest=1121 is the link for the test.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 104. Still says I'm below average, though (?).

Anyone think EQ is related to childhood and social experiences? Like, I would think those with a lower EQ faced either a lack of social experience in childhood or emotional invalidation or both.

Either way, I don't think many people would score very high on this test, or even above average (fuck this culture, seriously.) I sort of got tripped up on the pictures, as I feel that I need to see people in motion to have much of a chance of pinpointing their emotions, instead of knowing them statically.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    I got 104. Still says I'm below average, though (?).

Anyone think EQ is related to childhood and social experiences? Like, I would think those with a lower EQ faced either a lack of social experience in childhood or emotional invalidation or both.

Either way, I don't think many people would score very high on this test, or even above average (fuck this culture, seriously.) I sort of got tripped up on the pictures, as I feel that I need to see people in motion to have much of a chance of pinpointing their emotions, instead of knowing them statically.

yeah, probably somewhat. but i think some are just better at it naturally as well. but of course experiences influence it as well.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I expected there'd already be a thread about this.
    I took the test.

Snapshot Report
    Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 104
    Subscale percentile = 61

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is slightly below average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is just barely acceptable. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a solid ability to offer advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snapshot ReportSelf-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 127
    Subscale percentile = 96

127According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is good. People who score like you do feel that they have little trouble understanding and dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They generally are able to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are able to control their moods in all but the most trying of times. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; this is likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice.

pretty good test i thought. some of the interpersonal situations hit the Fi pretty well. i actually had more trouble diagnosing feelings. once they have me some context it was easier.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I scored a 99, 47th percentile. I had a hard time with the section on reading others' body language. That's always been a struggle for me.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP