Thread: My type, what is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My type, what is it?

I've been sort of vaguely lurking, but don't ask me what's been happening--I wouldn't know

I have no idea what my type is. How would you go about typing me?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answers to a few questions will help us narrow it down:

* Who are your heroes and why?

* What subjects do you like in school?

* What are your interests outside of that?

* What bands do you like?

* How big are your breasts? Penis?

* ... If possible, post a picture of yourself... and also of two of your best friends...

I should be able to get the typing right w/ this info, (or at least within the right quadra...) Glad you've stepped out of the shadows. Welcome! -Justin

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is what I think will be the best way to type yourself, but it doesn't really have instant gratification. First things first... learn the information elements! Like, really learn them lol Separate from the types at first, and separate from each other before observing them together. The Wikisocion is a good first stop. The type descriptions aren't the hottest, but the basics about Socionics are solid enough to start understanding the lingo around the boards. It's easy to want to jump into Socionics discussions with everyone, but with all that's going on, you can easily get terms misconstrued, and not everyone on the forum is self-typed correctly, as well as forum communication not being the best indicator for type.

After wrapping your head around the information elements, learn the functions of Model A. Even if there are those who disagree with this, they started from Model A and then deviated, so it's a good model to learn from. Get a good understanding of what each placement means, and make sure that if you happened to start from MBTI to detach it from Socionics.

Then, start finding what information elements you think you're skilled at, and ones you value. It will take a lot of switching around and fitting them together, but eventually they will piece together, and you'll have a good first start. You can start looking up threads in the quadra you think you're in, and search for threads that are about the types you're considering. You will soon start seeing people saying things similar to the way you think. This should slim it down a little more as well.

If you still have trouble, you can start typing those around you and see your relations with them. See where your conflicts and comforts are that align with the IEs, and I believe that will reaffirm your type.

Hopefully this helps!

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    You better hope this isn't type related JuJu, you might be in trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Batman. Purely for the music in The Batmanimation. I guess the win of the music mixed in with Batman's kickass, making him far and away my favourite superhero.

Ben Watkins, because he's a massive nerd, and totally unashamed of it. I also feel we share a similar imagination. (More on that: I heard this interview when I was probing around 'Tube for Juno Reactor stuff (he's the frontman), and he described his pair of songs, Nitrogen pts I & II about being in space and stuff. I really like imagining scenery, but I'd say I'm more about planet earth. Generally shady places and cliffs. So maybe we aren't that similar )

Maths, especially the physics side. I don't officially do physics, but I love trying to get behind the maths that I notice happening around me to reconstruct stuff.

Listening to music, watching anime, people. Talking to people and helping people.

Anything with intelligible lyrics. I lean towards Trance (and within that, to prog trance, followed up by vocal trance) and Hip-Hop. Good beat is important to me.

Both are large.

* ... If possible, post a picture of yourself... and also of two of your best friends...

Unfortunately none of my friends would be caught dead on film.

As for me, I find it easier to talk about myself than put myself up for show and tell Sorry.

I should be able to get the typing right w/ this info, (or at least within the right quadra...) Glad you've stepped out of the shadows. Welcome! -Justin
    Thanks!

Sky:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and report back

What do you think about the dichotomies?

Also, do you think it's harder to type yourself, or others?

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1984Pillbug View Post
    Sky:

You're welcome!

I dislike the dichotomies for typing. They force you to oversimplify yourself and others so they fit into an "either or" category. I see it as using a short-cut to typing and not guaranteeing accuracy. What dichotomies are good for in Socionics are examining interpersonal relations, and therefore I find them best post-typing. This applies to any sort of groupings outside of quadra values. Some people find clubs useful, but I've noticed that you blend the opposing quadra values together and it confuses you. I'm still trying to get over it, as it, honestly, shouldn't make any sense for you wonder if someone is TiNe or TeNi- See, as I write it in this format, you'll notice these guys are really different in what they value, and shouldn't be confused, even though they are in the same club. They have a lot of superficial (maybe behavioral? But that's MBTI stuff) similarities that can easily throw you off track, so keep these sort of groups out of your attempt to type.

Both are easy for me, but I had no questions about my type. But this isn't a general opinion, a lot of people aren't 100% of their type and are more sure of others, and some people don't seem to be quick to type anyone accurately, but have a good brain for understanding the format of Socionics. I think I'm good at typing and fall short in other areas. Self-typing takes a lot of self-reflection and awareness, and if you're not generally that type of person, then it might take you a while.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Batman. Purely for the music in The Batmanimation. I guess the win of the music mixed in with Batman's kickass, making him far and away my favourite superhero.

Ben Watkins, because he's a massive nerd, and totally unashamed of it. I also feel we share a similar imagination. (More on that: I heard this interview when I was probing around 'Tube for Juno Reactor stuff (he's the frontman), and he described his pair of songs, Nitrogen pts I & II about being in space and stuff. I really like imagining scenery, but I'd say I'm more about planet earth. Generally shady places and cliffs. So maybe we aren't that similar )

Maths, especially the physics side. I don't officially do physics, but I love trying to get behind the maths that I notice happening around me to reconstruct stuff.

Listening to music, watching anime, people. Talking to people and helping people.

Anything with intelligible lyrics. I lean towards Trance (and within that, to prog trance, followed up by vocal trance) and Hip-Hop. Good beat is important to me.

Both are large.

Unfortunately none of my friends would be caught dead on film.

As for me, I find it easier to talk about myself than put myself up for show and tell Sorry.

Thanks!

Sky:

Based on what you've said my guess is ILE.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my wild ass guess is ILE

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been typing since I was nine. Literally.

Great childhood, I know!

So I've sort of learned to freestyle across the keyboard without looking at it on muscle memory alone.

I think touch-typing is useful for people that don't have time to just naturally slowly learn where all the keys are, but I really wouldn't bother with learning it myself.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a rule's been established, I follow that.

If not, it seems the natural way I figure out how to do things is weird and deviant.

On a related note, most people seem to accept that I'm a martian.