Thread: it is related to type, losing weight??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default it is related to type, losing weight??

i have seen a television advertisment for special rubber band, doctor does surgery and puts it around the over weight persons' stomach. i think to myself if it is some socionics types that would do this and some that would instead loose the fat by dieting and exercize, i think the rubber band is not for everyone and may be some types rather loose the fat through hard work, other types take the easy way??

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we can observe some similarities in how types behave, the IEs don't directly correlate to behaviors. What you're talking about isn't really type related, it's more of a personal choice. If all things were equal, and we got overweight representatives for each type, I can't see some being more likely to do it than others. The way IEs work wouldn't make certain types more gullible about things like that, I don't think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    While we can observe some similarities in how types behave, the IEs don\'t directly correlate to behaviors. What you\'re talking about isn\'t really type related, it\'s more of a personal choice. If all things were equal, and we got overweight representatives for each type, I can\'t see some being more likely to do it than others. The way IEs work wouldn\'t make certain types more gullible about things like that, I don\'t think.
    no?? you do not then think socionic type makes difference between the hard work methodology of losing the weight verses the easy and lazy way?? i think this is may be related to socionic type afterall where weak types choose one way and strong types choosing the other way??

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilma View Post
    no?? you do not then think socionic type makes difference between the hard work methodology of losing the weight verses the easy and lazy way?? i think this is may be related to socionic type afterall where weak types choose one way and strong types choosing the other way??
    Who would exert themselves for no reason? Even those that love to exert themselves would probably prefer to exert themselves in some other way. If they're convinced that there is an easier way... a more efficient way... a way that won't waste as much of their time... they're going to go with that.

I suppose the image of being "strong"could come into play, but that's very much a societal factor.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-bg

not really on topic for your post, but on topic for the title...

I don't think about it. maybe once a year I happen to step onto a scale just because it's there. Sometimes I might go "wow I've gotten heavy" and without thinking about it, a year or two later when I step onto another scale I've lost most of the extra weight. My "normal" size is chubby, but not too fat, and I'm totally cool with that. (right now I'm 5'3" (that's a guess, I don't actually know or care how tall I am) and 175 lbs... within the past 10 years I've been up to 200 and down to 150 at various times).

I wouldn't do surgery or a special diet. I am what I am.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilma View Post
    Socionics doesn't have much to do with this senario, it's a case-by-case thing. The reasons why someone chooses what seems an easy way to lose weight could be for all sorts of possibilities that isn't type related. Maybe people lazy overall and are used to taking shortcuts might do something like this, but this could apply to any type. There are certain types that have a stereotype of being lazy, but it doesn't mean everyone of that type is nor they would be "lazy" in every aspect of their life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    Socionics doesn't have much to do with this senario, it's a case-by-case thing. The reasons why someone chooses what seems an easy way to lose weight could be for all sorts of possibilities that isn't type related. Maybe people lazy overall and are used to taking shortcuts might do something like this, but this could apply to any type. There are certain types that have a stereotype of being lazy, but it doesn't mean everyone of that type is nor they would be "lazy" in every aspect of their life.
    +1. Also, in the post to which LTTS is replying above, wilma talks about "strong" and "weak" types, so I think it's important to point out that those aren't really a part of socionics. Each person develops strengths and weaknesses, but these will be in relation to upbringing & circumstances as much as to inborn temperament.

SLI is one of the types to be frequently stereotyped lazy, and I even like to call myself lazy, but for a large number of reasons, I choose to keep myself in very good physical fitness. You could try to attribute that to my Si-leading, but just above me by a few posts is another Si-leading who takes nearly the opposite approach. I seriously doubt it's due to our creative Te/Fe divide, either!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yuu are i am thinking right that this methodology for how to lose the weight is may be not so about socionic type but it is more depending on people as people alone, i say sorry to you if any one was offended, i was thinking that may be some types have more weakness then other types but now that i am learning some more i think no

i will be going away to be quiet for a time to read more and learn before i am going to say more things of a silly nature!!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read somewhere that rationals in general have a stronger set biological constitution and it is harder for them both to gain and loose weight, and easier for irrationals. The truth...idk

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    I read somewhere that rationals in general have a stronger set biological constitution and it is harder for them both to gain and loose weight, and easier for irrationals. The truth...idk
    No... There is NO biological differences between types. Type ranges over so many different types of people. Socionics has to do with information... Not your body. These sort of correlations don't exist, or if they do, we have NO possible way to prove that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

committed individuals lose weight.
    asd

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    so assuming there isn't a way to prove or disprove it, then it can't be said for sure whether or not there are biological differences between the types then, right?
    There is a way, if we as a community got funded and ran tests. But in our current state, there isn't really a way we can observe this claim and similar ones. But, generally, it is thought examples like this are not type related. Have you come across other information that says differently by chance?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you calling me fat?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beta STs on my HS wrestling team always lost the most weight during practice between 6-10 pounds in 2 hours. I was the lightest at 150lbs and usually lost about 8lbs. our heavy weight who was prolly another SLE lost about 12. My friend (another SLE) lost atleast 6 every practice. Everyone else on the team lost about 2-4lbs with a few exceptions here and there.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not my knowledge....comes from that crackpot intj Gulenko.

Rationality-Irrationality - Wikisocion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    The beta STs on my HS wrestling team always lost the most weight during practice between 6-10 pounds in 2 hours. I was the lightest at 150lbs and usually lost about 8lbs. our heavy weight who was prolly another SLE lost about 12. My friend (another SLE) lost atleast 6 every practice. Everyone else on the team lost about 2-4lbs with a few exceptions here and there.
    people in power sports like this lose a lot of weight because they carry a lot of water weight and body fat.

anyway, i remember one bike team trip we were coming home and stopped off for a burrito and there was a table of body builder/football types next to us. they were eating twice the food we were. we looked at them; we were faster, leaner, and had better stamina. we looked at their bodys- bulky, but with a fatty character. our bodys were as slim as possible, and we could see nets of veins in our arms and legs. anyway, we kind of thought it was a big waste, having that much mass requires you to eat so much, consume so much, highly expensive, and the real health benefit is limited.
    asd

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    committed individuals lose weight.
    I'm a committed individual. There seems to be something missing here. If only I were interested in my weight would I be committed to gaining some pounds. Interested in such a field could very well be type correlated. Being a committed individual could be another correlation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my experience ENFj is the fattest sociotype

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I'm a committed individual. There seems to be something missing here. If only I were interested in my weight would I be committed to gaining some pounds. Interested in such a field could very well be type correlated. Being a committed individual could be another correlation.
    take steroids.
    asd