View Poll Results: Do you feel the most intense inital attraction to your conflictor?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes!

4 14.29%
  • noooo!

21 75.00%
  • it dependss...

3 10.71%

Thread: Do you feel the most intense inital attraction to your conflictor?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you feel the most intense inital attraction to your conflictor?

I wonder if the level of intensity of attraction you feel is related to how many differences you have. You are very attracted to people like yourself and people in your quadra--thats understandable. But if someone is so different from you, doesnt it make sense that you would find them to be most desirable (at least at first)?

I had an experience with an istj where i felt enamored with him for a very, very long time. Ive also read a thread recently about problems between istp and enfj. is it this attraction factor that is very strong for your worst relation?
    Peggacorn
    ENFP

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't so much about 'out of your quadra' but more a trait of conflicting relationship. I've read it in several conflict relationship descriptions.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory/on paper; god no

IRL? More data is needed to reach any conclusions
    Easy Day

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beefore I learned Socionics, I felt the most initial attraction to my activity relation... Now that I can recognize my dual on sight, it's my dual...

I've never been attracted to my conflictor... They're ppl I smile and say hi to, but keep the hell away from For whatever reason, they don't bother me as much as my supervisor does.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my conflictors feel like a cold shower lol My most intense attraction is with my duals. When they come around, it's almost instant, I feel almost like "Why bother with all this beginning stuff, we're good for each other!" I mean, I could entertain the idea of a superficial relationship with Beta, something tells me sex would be interesting with the extroverted ones, but that's about it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really, I usually get most attracted to duals (allover attraction), or illusionary (physical).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been in love with my conflictor, ever since I split up I avoid ISTj like a plague. That's was like first class ticket to destroying your self esteem and not because she was a bad person, we both genuinly were attracted to each other and tried to make it work. Lets just say me and ISTj's just have nothing in common and I dont want to ever date a person having a similar mindset ever again, or even get close to people like that. I like people but some things just not meant to be.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, and if you think you do then you probably have your type wrong or his type wrong. Don't be retarded.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been pretty attracted/unattracted to everybody.

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends on if she's typed wrong or not.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it makes much sense to have, as a rule, the most intense initial attraction to your conflictor.

Maybe sometimes the conflictor will give the impression of something like "a dual that's also more exciting for being different/excessive etc", but I can't see how it would be a general trend.

Personally, as a longer-term trend before I learned socionics, probably I used to be initially most attracted to EIEs.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only met one LSI that I could see myself being attracted to. He reminded me a great deal of my LII ex. Very quiet, philosphical, thinks a lot.. Luckily, he's with a super-cute EIE.. probably one of the most adorable couples I've ever run across. Other than that, though, not really. It's pretty easy for me to tell that I'd drive them crazy.
    IEE

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEI's are, SLI's have been tough for me to ignore. IEI's are way too easy to find too.

I went out with a conflictor once and the first miserable thing out of her mouth was some comment about my shoes being scuffed up and I was thinking like, "Wow, you face is all scuffed up." So we went out a second time, and she was all like, "Wow, have you ever been in a relationship, do you got a problem with women?" And I was like, "Wow, I have got a problem with a cunt like you, so go fuck yourself." This concluded the evening and time together.

The lesson is, you can go out with your conflictor again to see how much you will hate this person.

Creepy-Diana

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to that socionics site, Germans are Ti egos. Not sure about 1/2 Germans... Te egos?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Nope. I'm not sure what type I've been initially most attracted to, if there's even a pattern. Curious fact though, I realized that anyone who I've actually gotten involved with, has been at least 1/2 German. Total coincidence I'm sure, but it's somewhat amusing. Maybe it's like that thing where people are attracted to others whose immune systems vary from their own, hah, subconsciously picking good gene combos.
    Supposedly there's something about scent/smell that has to do with good gene combination. I don't remember.

I don't feel strongly attracted to a type, it's more hotness. I could see someone finding their conflictor appealing if they don't know much about what really works for them, or, they don't care. I "have been" attracted to IEIs, but in more superficial ways or liking certain qualities about them... but I don't think that it was any less superficial attraction than any other type.