Thread: Umhow did everyone get so damn good at socionics?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Um..how did everyone get so damn good at socionics?

I've been coming back here for...im not sure for how long, but a while now, and there are so many people here who are so good with typing people and discussing other theories. How??

When did you start studying socionics? did you have to practice? did you study descriptions? where did you learn this information from?
    Peggacorn
    ENFP

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3RainbowSprinkles View Post
    I've been coming back here for...im not sure for how long, but a while now, and there are so many people here who are so good with typing people and discussing other theories. How??
    It's all Rick DeLong's fault.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with aixelsyd, especially about the introspection part. Socionics theory itself seems rather simple however, and people have different methods, coming from different sources. I have my own private source that I've developed from what I consider the keypoints of socionics. What I've realized is that people make the actual theory itself too complex, and I'm trying to stick to what makes relations work and "duality."

You can say that I don't want to post my own observations on here anymore because of people trying to pick them apart with the wrong reference in mind. Everyone has to start somewhere, and usually this somewhere is rather unique. For me socionics is self reflection. Am I good at socionics? Who knows? I'm good at understanding what I need to think. I'm not closed-minded. I like to hear more practical derivations people give off on the forums. Sometimes these derivations relate back to the original keypoints i've adopted.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did you start studying socionics? did you have to practice? did you study descriptions? where did you learn this information from?
    I started carefully with the 4 dichotomies and type descriptions to type all my colleague's. Also I had some friends of mine do an MBTI test to get some idea of what type they could be.

After about 1 year I knew all types of my 25 colleagues, then I started to see similarities. Those small little things that are typical per type. Then things got easyer and I used to type people by comparison. You start getting definitions of your own in your mind of what a certain type behaves like. You'll start understanding the different functions and what kind of behaviour it results in. For example: the business-like behaviour = Te. Dominating the room/performing for others = Se.

Also when I started dating a lot, I recognised the peculairities of the different relationships. All in all dating was the best thing for the learning curve. You get to know people at short psychological distance.

Probably the last things that you'll start noticing is that people of the same type often have similar facial traits, and that there are (not really important) subtypes among types. If you are at that level, you won't get much better.
    Last edited by Jarno; 07-01-2009 at 10:55 AM.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i assume it's cos they have no lives.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    And sometimes people do have the right things in mind but it may be too soon to learn them without gaining misunderstandings.
    Right is subjective. What is right for me isn't right for you. We adopt the same behaviors for personal benefits sake. Never unity of all, but alliance of few, and these alliances are misunderstood.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly have no idea about how objectively good I am, and I'm not sure if others can really answer that for me either... But it's a combination of curiosity and humility. For me, I wanted to to learn, so I read through a lot of wiki articles, forum posts, and tried to type people in my life. But, I had to keep an open mind that I might be wrong, and my understanding might be flawed. There have been times I realized I had certain concepts wrong or my typing was being screwed up because of a way of thinking holding me back.

For literal steps... I would say to reread the basics. Read everything you can find on the IEs and the placements within model A. Everything boils down to those two things, and if you didn't look too much into completely understanding them, then your exploration of Socionics is greatly hindered.

Then you would have to find your own type. This does take a lot of self-reflection so you avoid putting yourself into a type you want to be, or get stuck in a mistyping. Once you're confident in your own type, start typing people in your life. Again, be open-minded about being wrong with their typings, and question each type for each person, until you can narrow it down and keep the good guesses in your mind until they click. Eventually, you'll start creating a library of examples in your offline interaction of types, and can start more confidently typing other people.

After that, it's just looking into subjects that spark your curiosity. I'm very into the people aspect and not into the falsifying part. Find what you may be good at and contribute

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You get good at Socionics the same way you get good at other things...

1) Listen to people who know more than you do about it.

2) Apply what they say continually, testing out what you've learned

3) You're good at it

4) You're so good at it, ppl don't even believe it

Same as with anything...

I started studying Socionics in 03 or 04... (I'd been interested in MBTI...)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is all so interesting. the first time i encountered MBTI or a personality test was in 2007. For a long time I felt like personality study was something that was an invasion of privacy to find out about others...so i only found the types of people who were very, very close to me. Not even my friends. Only recently after being here at 16 types i've been more open to finding people's types. and now? I'm an addict<3

I'm still learning and still researching, but its good to have guidance. thanks guys! :]
    Peggacorn
    ENFP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    bingo.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    bingo.
    SHIT! *throws his bingo card* THIS GAME SUCKS! I was one got dang space away! *flips off his bingo card on the floor* FUCK YOU O7! FUCK YOU!
    Easy Day

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    SHIT! *throws his bingo card* THIS GAME SUCKS! I was one got dang space away! *flips off his bingo card on the floor* FUCK YOU O7! FUCK YOU!
    haha

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Hey this socionics stuff is kinda neat
    2. Hmmm this is kinda vague, hard to understand, and contractictory
    4. I AM THE ALL KNOWING SOCIONICS PRIEST(ESS), BOW IN REVERENCE AND BASK IN MY WISDOM.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    4. I AM THE ALL KNOWING SOCIONICS PRIEST(ESS), BOW IN REVERENCE AND BASK IN MY WISDOM.
    +10

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    lol

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Same reason why people follow the bible to a T, support the Iraqi war, measure their penises, hate gays, drink nasty American beer(water?), and get married.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"