Thread: Base function = empathy?

Creepy-male

Default Base function = empathy?

Ok, specifically I wonder about LIIs.

By Notes on "The Semantics of the Information Elements" <- this page, Ti is "thinking processes". Does that mean that LIIs have a knack for being able to follow what other people are thinking?

And, from that, is the base function able to follow its element in other people?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

We all see the world through our leading function, so we can clash with other people on behalf of our beliefs, since an Ne world vision is very different from an Se world vision, for instance.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    We all see the world through our leading function, so we can clash with other people on behalf of our beliefs, since an Ne world vision is very different from an Se world vision, for instance.
    Actually, this has nothing to do with the thread

zzzz
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone is trying to communicate something to me, I'm usually really good at figuring out what that is. I was watching TV with an SEI friend of mine and I said the middle eastern guy on the TV looked a lot like George Clooney. She then was trying to remember the name of a movie, and I knew right away she was thinking of Syriana. I'm really good at figuring out what people are trying to think of. It's pretty amazing sometimes with some ILEs because they would say something completely nonsensical and off the wall, but I would know exactly what they mean.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have something of a knack for telling what someone is thinking (I am frequently annoyed by one person asking another what they're talking about), but I think the focus on thought processes has more to do with us correcting the way we think about something - we'll put more effort into finding the best way to think about something than into figuring out the thing itself. (Usual disclaimer: I may be mixing up my ego block elements.)

Re:Carla: My way of telling what someone is thinking does involve running through the possible interpretations of their actual words and finding one that makes sense. I agree with you, though as above, I wonder if we're not mixing Intuition into this.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari