Thread: Gammas: what is a good sign that you really trust someone?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gammas: what is a good sign that you really trust someone?

I'll start-

1. I am totally unafraid of your judgment. I will take it in, accept it, and generally welcome it no matter how harsh it is as long as you have a good intent. I do this because if I let someone fully in and trust them then I know that they have good intentions and would never want to harm me (and if they did then it would be obvious to me, since at this point I have them pretty much figured out). I blame this on a non valuing of Fe on my part. Plus I'll ask for your opinion on a lot of delicate issues for me and expect an honest answer.

2. I trust you with my material possessions. I know that this is weird, but I find that I have a really hard time with letting anyone be responsible for any of my things. Even my mom. I only trust five people with my material things and trust that they won't screw anything up.

3. I will go to great lengths to make sure that you feel good when you're down. I will also go to great lengths to preserve your well being.

4. I'll let loose my weird and quirky side. I'm usually afraid that I won't be funny or I'll weird someone out... but you'll know it when I get close to you.

I'll add more later. What about the rest of you?
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'll start-

1. I am totally unafraid of your judgment. I will take it in, accept it, and generally welcome it no matter how harsh it is as long as you have a good intent. I do this because if I let someone fully in and trust them then I know that they have good intentions and would never want to harm me (and if they did then it would be obvious to me, since at this point I have them pretty much figured out). I blame this on a non valuing of Fe on my part. Plus I'll ask for your opinion on a lot of delicate issues for me and expect an honest answer.
    Hmm idk I'm not really afraid of anyone's judgement per say, but if I trust you I will ask you for your opinion a lot more and value it more. I think I wouldn't even value people's opinions of me who I didn't trust and know well.

2. I trust you with my material possessions. I know that this is weird, but I find that I have a really hard time with letting anyone be responsible for any of my things. Even my mom. I only trust five people with my material things and trust that they won't screw anything up.
    Haha me too. I hate lending stuff. My lending people stuff depends on if I trust them and if I know they aren't clumsy/forgetful etc.

3. I will go to great lengths to make sure that you feel good when you're down. I will also go to great lengths to preserve your well being.
    I agree with this.

4. I'll let loose my weird and quirky side. I'm usually afraid that I won't be funny or I'll weird someone out... but you'll know it when I get close to you.
    I agree with this too and I'll add that I am more willing to share my wierd life like tell you I post on a psychology typing forum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    When I trust someone, I may or may not choose to tell them my deepest failings, greatest longings, my lingering regrets, and the things I clung to in the past which I now am ashamed of.

I trust them and thus become more spontaneous, open, verbal, and care-free.

I become open about my ideas and musings which I otherwise tend to keep to myself or say indirectly.

If I trust them, I almost completely drop my guard and reserve and I don't worry about maintaining my social image which is otherwise meant to be dignified and such. I also tend to be blunter but on the other hand, I will accept the person and stand with them and for them. I am prone to protect those sort of people or else justify them and support them when I feel I can.
    This stuff is really representative of my behavior too. I would like to add that I just feel more comfortable overall with people I know and trust. I will talk more and be more friendly with them. There are some people who I just don't trust and without trying I just don't have much to say to them.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    Hmm idk I'm not really afraid of anyone's judgement per say, but if I trust you I will ask you for your opinion a lot more and value it more. I think I wouldn't even value people's opinions of me who I didn't trust and know well.
    Yeah I think that this is what I was trying to get at, that I welcome your opinions and such. Basically what you said.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is only one person who I really trust, and I don't trust them completely. How i act toward them is I say all the negative shit that's on my mind and they agree with me about it and we talk about it. I also sometimes act really fucking weird just to get a reaction because it's mildly entertaining.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally trust people quite easily, unless they are specifically assholes, or we don't really "click". So, if I'm talking to you for an extended period of time in a non-business setting, I probably trust you.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In most things is am trusting of people until proven otherwise. The exception is emotional trust.

The only visible difference is that I will not avoid sharing my feelings/emotions with the person. The invisible difference is that they have the ability to affect my emotional state, something that most people can't do.
    ILI

¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
    ¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión;
    una sombra, una ficción
    y el mayor bien es pequeño.
    ¡Que toda la vida es sueño
    y los sueños, sueños son!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

usually when someone criticizes me (and they haven't said that one so many times it has no effect(sp?)) I will consider their criticism (though at a later time when I have a free moment. When I really trust them I will consider it then and may take action correct it at that time.

Also, I think I have a tendency to trust someone more if they are willing to criticize me once in a while. Does anyone else have this tendency?
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You tell them detailed, specific events in your life. You don't speak in generalities, but in specifics. For example you could tell a whole group of people that 'I'm shy.' Or 'I'm nice.' But you might only tell your close friends about the time you were so shy that you hid in the closet when your uncle was over. Or whatever.

Eh that example kind of sucked but you get what I mean.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smilodon View Post
    Also, I think I have a tendency to trust someone more if they are willing to criticize me once in a while. Does anyone else have this tendency?
    I do.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You tell them detailed, specific events in your life. You don't speak in generalities, but in specifics. For example you could tell a whole group of people that 'I'm shy.' Or 'I'm nice.' But you might only tell your close friends about the time you were so shy that you hid in the closet when your uncle was over. Or whatever.

Are you talking about yourself or talking to someone else?
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will lend an ear to listen to their opinions and take an interest in their persona.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I leave my important stuff or a person in their care.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

Telling details and specifics of my life is sometimes easy for me with strangers or with people I don't trust in certain areas of their lives.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll act like my goofy self around someone I trust.
    I'll probably laugh a lot at my own jokes....
    and more than likely if I trust someone, they can get me to laugh too.