Thread: Brand loyalty

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Brand loyalty

and not just loyalty but the inclination to go with brands that have a particular image associate with them. Is this related to a function? Fi maybe?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a form of eccentric-ism.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know...

But I'm very not brand loyal. I just buy whatever most meets whatever I'm looking for at the time.

For example, dish soap. Which is the cheapest one? How heavy is the bottle? (I hate carrying overly heavy things home).

If I've found a particular product to be amazing, I will buy it again, but not because of the brand. For instance, Dove Energy Glow was the best self-tanner lotion last summer (and I told everyone about it and all my friends bought it), but they discontinued it. So now I have to buy some other less good crap. I don't even know which brand I bought.

I actually strangely enough feel like brand loyalty might be related to something else. Perhaps wanting to be part of groups? I've noticed a sort of "us against them" feel w/ some people who always buy certain brands. Especially expensive brands like "I only wear Mac eyeshadow." etc. Which I think is ridiculous.

My ENFj sister will rave about certain brands and buy them all the time. The perception of the product or status seem more important to her than the actual product sometimes.

So I guess getting to know how the product works/what it does/if you like it, would be Fi. Going on the brand name, the perception of that name would be more like an Fe impression.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just thinking about how many Te-egos are more than not uncomfortable with "unfamiliarity," and I think this could relate to brand name loyalty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldn't a Ti type be more likely to be brand loyal than a Te? I mean, system vs. case by case...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just an observation. I don't see how a brand name could be relevant to a logical system. Te deals in objects, often assessing and distinguishing quality. To think we don't have a memory for simple things like this.

I am not part of this one brand name favoritism. There are however brands that I will not buy.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be any Judging function, but loyalty implies familiarity. will go with a brand known to work better than the others; will go with a brand with a better system than the others (i.e., that uses materials in a way he deems correct); might prefer a brand with friendly customer support or recommendations from friends... and might go for an appealing logo or slogan. (The and ones actually don't seem quite as loyal as the others.)

Sometimes people will support brands because they view them as having been mistreated (Macintosh has benefited from this)... ?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ILI friend and I are both mac patriots. I think we support the brand because they are less showy with their software, which have more relevant features and less flaw to design: if x happens then y has more chance of happening, so we'll extend these features together, and such.