Thread: Questions for IEIs-INFps about introverted intuition and poetry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Questions for IEIs-INFps about introverted intuition and poetry

Last edited by pga tour; 06-24-2009 at 02:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, those arent the answers but almost.

I posted some questions and it got like 12 views and I felt people weren't that interested. Anyway Ill just throw'em out here right now incase ne1 wwwants to answer.

1. How do you tell the Ni leading function in the IEI, is it mainly the great imagination part or a "seeing the future" type of thing??
    2. The type descriptions give the impression of a very ECCENTRIC type, I think tis associated with the enneagram type 4, maybe 6. E4 MIght be INFJ. I think the IEI type could come off as a normal, not eccentric type. UNLESS they mean eccentric in speech. Is IEI often times an eccentric/gothy type of person???
    3. The IEI descrptions list it as being a "poet," but not all IEIs may be interested in poetry.
    4. I1'm not sure about the Te and Si parts of the IEI, the 3rd and 4th functions. The descriptions dwell too much on the idea that the IEI "will spend more than they can afford for a luxurious item." Can anyone throw down any other Te things besides that and hesitation towards decision making?
    5. Finally, the "always the slave, never the leader" idea refers to the IEIs tendency to follow normal social codes etc. and rarely makes their own, right?

Who wants to lead off on answering these questions??????

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pga tour View Post
    Nah, those arent the answers but almost.

I posted some questions and it got like 12 views and I felt people weren't that interested. Anyway Ill just throw'em out here right now incase ne1 wwwants to answer.

1. How do you tell the Ni leading function in the IEI, is it mainly the great imagination part or a "seeing the future" type of thing??
    2. The type descriptions give the impression of a very ECCENTRIC type, I think tis associated with the enneagram type 4, maybe 6. E4 MIght be INFJ. I think the IEI type could come off as a normal, not eccentric type. UNLESS they mean eccentric in speech. Is IEI often times an eccentric/gothy type of person???
    3. The IEI descrptions list it as being a "poet," but not all IEIs may be interested in poetry.
    4. I1'm not sure about the Te and Si parts of the IEI, the 3rd and 4th functions. The descriptions dwell too much on the idea that the IEI "will spend more than they can afford for a luxurious item." Can anyone throw down any other Te things besides that and hesitation towards decision making?
    5. Finally, the "always the slave, never the leader" idea refers to the IEIs tendency to follow normal social codes etc. and rarely makes their own, right?

Sorry, it's just cause they're kinda bad questions. I'll try though. Let's see.

1. Ni leading function IS kind of hard to spot initially. We tend to have a spacey look (as do delta NFs) but once our attention is nabbed, we're really focused. Ni has more to do with what's going on inside of us and that's harder to spot than, say, Fe-base. But it could manifest itself in making connections between, for example, the image in a movie you just saw, to a scene from a different movie you saw when you were a kid. If those sorts of thought patterns are verbalized, it's easier for someone to pick up on it.

2. No, IEIs aren't necessarily goth or eccentric (tho they can be). We can often look very normal. But usually not completely boring. There's usually something different or interesting about the IEI that can tip you off. For example, my IEI brother isn't over the top about anything but he tends to wear really cool shoes. Off-the-beaten-path shoes. I know another IEI who likes to dye her hair with henna. It's a subtle effect but just different enough to make her look a bit edgy or something.

3. by "poet" I don't think the description means an actual poet, but rather someone who tends to think in metaphors and connections.

4. IEIs can get offended if you criticize them in Si. (I know I feel offended sometimes) because it's a lot of effort for something that they don't hugely value. And we like to be the one in charge of deciding whether or not we expend the effort in this area. I like to think that Si is something that can be ignored if I'm feeling stressed. Te, I don't know.

5. No, always the slave never the leader does not mean the IEI follows social norms. The meaning is more along the lines of "likes to be part of a larger vision in which IEI is following the lead of big, strong impressive SLE "
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone explain Si in the IEI.
    Is it related to phhyssical appearance?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pga tour View Post

IEIs will pretty much always be Enneagram 4s (4w3/4w5). INFjs can be 4w5 as well.

IEIs (especially as they get older) can appear very "normal". They get more eccentric as you get to know them. IEIs tend not to like to stand out for doing so would increase the chance that they be forced to interact with the external environment, which tends to be contrary to their primary function's () motivation.

IEI is listed as a lyricist, which is fine because it merely implies they like to play with words sometimes

Te - PoLR is exemplified in IEI's inability to follow simple step by step directions (particularly in technical manuals) or efficiently accomplish paper work on any sort of consistent basis

Si - Role, I believe, in some way has to do with IEI's unwillingness to clash with the external environment due to them holding deterministic notions about their role in said environment. Lack of "agency".
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA--I'm very good at following step-by-step directions. I learned to knit, crochet, spin and weave all by teaching myself from a book. And I'm way better than my husband (ESE) at setting up technology of any sort. (mostly because I have more patience and he doesn't think there needs to be a manual and that everything should be self-explanatory) And I do our taxes every year. But other than those things, I do hate paperwork.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    HA--I'm very good at following step-by-step directions. I learned to knit, crochet, spin and weave all by teaching myself from a book. And I'm way better than my husband (ESE) at setting up technology of any sort. (mostly because I have more patience and he doesn't think there needs to be a manual and that everything should be self-explanatory) And I do our taxes every year. But other than those things, I do hate paperwork.
    Open MS Word 2007 and try following instructions from google to place chapter and sub chapters to the page numbers of an already created, and lengthy, document using the multilevel tab (so you can end up with pages numbered something like page 5-I-a to 5-III-c etc. Seriously it took me like 8 hours and half way through I was so angry I kicked the fridge (don't worry it's still working and my rotting cucumber and my LIE friend's moldy leftover pasta are safe)
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    Open MS Word 2007 and try following instructions from google to place chapter and sub chapters to the page numbers of an already created, and lengthy, document using the multilevel tab (so you can end up with pages numbered something like page 5-I-a to 5-III-c etc. Seriously it took me like 8 hours and half way through I was so angry I kicked the fridge (don't worry it's still working and my rotting cucumber and my LIE friend's moldy leftover pasta are safe)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Please save yourself the trouble. No personal offense or anything Ephemeros, but you clearly do not know enough about Socionics yet to publish an article about it. You will just end up confusing people and will do nothing to really help the community.

Same with Nifweed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    Google prefer Te usually, which you have unvalued. Try some Ti instructions, "just for you" .

I hate Te documentation, for example I think OpenGL API is such thing, it makes me pull my hair and I find useless (except as a command reference). It's like they suppose you already know something, every explanation is based on a previous one, this one on another, and so on... basically you have to read a whole book for a simple thing. So, I find examples on the interned for the command I'm interested in (sometimes I have to find what I need, first), short and to the point. Ti instructions tend to be such a way that you can try them at once independently, without mastering a large framework.
    There apply to Fi/Fe as well.

Basically, I think both you and redbaron are right, but you're thinking about different things. I'm intending to write a Socionics-based article to reconcile these ideological schisms in technical development, Merry vs Serious dichotomy is the cause of all such misunderstandings.
    Good observation! Bloody hell I've already forgotten how I did that subchapters thing lol, here we go again. Looking forward to your article.
    INFp-Ni

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No offense, but I completely fail to understand what your problem is . I'm not 100% confident in my understanding in Socionics (each day adds new experience), but your remark is a bit shocking because I use the premise that when people don't agree, at least say that and why they don't, along the discussions. But you come from nowhere judging me.
    I don't really have a problem. I'm just tired of reading about articles with a bunch of stuff that I don't really ever agree with about the types. They always make SLEs sound like malicious assholes for one. I've liked what some people wrote cause I always got a sense they knew what they were talking about.

I'm just saying, until you are 100% sure- it's not good to write anything. And that well goes for me too, and for everybody. Otherwise you wouldn't truly educate somebody.

It's like people have these hunches occasionally that sound good in their heads, and they exclaim to the public (socionics IS a public forum, amiright?) about their new insights. The human mind will think up of all sorts of weird atrocities about anything if you let it long enough.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Please save yourself the trouble. No personal offense or anything Ephemeros, but you clearly do not know enough about Socionics yet to publish an article about it. You will just end up confusing people and will do nothing to really help the community.

Same with Nifweed.
    B&D how much have you actually talked to them about socionics? Have you tested their socionics understanding and found they come up wanting?
    Easy Day

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    Google prefer Te usually, which you have unvalued. Try some Ti instructions, "just for you" .

I hate Te documentation, for example I think OpenGL API is such thing, it makes me pull my hair and I find useless (except as a command reference). It's like they suppose you already know something, every explanation is based on a previous one, this one on another, and so on... basically you have to read a whole book for a simple thing. So, I find examples on the interned for the command I'm interested in (sometimes I have to find what I need, first), short and to the point. Ti instructions tend to be such a way that you can try them at once independently, without mastering a large framework.
    There apply to Fi/Fe as well.

I'm not sure if its Ti/Te differences or not but I definitely prefer instructions of the latter type. I also like it when I can understand the why behind each step, especially when its something completely unfamiliar to me. Instruction manuals almost never explain the why. By knowing the why behind the individual steps, I can construct my own internal understanding of how something works. Sometimes this will help me figure out how to do a different, yet related thing.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP