Thread: Which type falls for cons?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Which type falls for cons?

Okay we all know the cons are ESTPs , so we just have to know which types would fall for them the most.

Or does it just deal with intelligence or awareness and have no correlation with type?

I heard ENFp's are likely to do this, though I think they fall for it in the same manner I do:

I personally don't fall for traps that involve giving deposited money for cheap deals or anything of that nature. However, when it comes to lending money to friends, I fall for their ridiculous excuses to give it to them because I'm such a useless idiot. It doesn't happen anymore, since I don't hang out with them anymore.

Any other types that fall for the bullshit excreted by the cons of the worlds?
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Types that have as dual-seeking function.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, and what's the dual-seeking function, is it the 5th - the sugestive function? Just for clarifying.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the suggestive function.

My interpretation is that such types crave but not always differentiate it well from . Especially in critical situations, they may find more seductive than and therefore mistake for "more effective" - in other words, falling for a con man.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say the SF types more likely are to. NTs I think pick up on them pretty fast. The fact that an NFj is an ESTps dual makes me wonder about them.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G
    The fact that an NFj is an ESTps dual makes me wonder about them.
    The INFp is the ESTp's dual, and what they crave is precisely , not .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all i will say is that intjs can be pretty damn thick sometimes. i know mystic said the other day something like (and I note similar properites in other intjs including myself) "most people put up a facade which in my opinion is quite difficult to differentiate fromt their true personality." perhaps we should say that all types are likely to be fooled by people with their their suggestive but that certain types abuse this property more than others?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I just think that even though some types are not guided by feelings they do take them into consideration. If you don't, bad stuff can happen...i.e. you piss someone off.

I think that's why I pick out ESTps so easily actually. They don't always tend to notice when they are hurting someone's feelings but seem awful concerned about their own.

Thanks Expat...didn't know where I got in my head that the INTj was the ESTps dual. It doesn't seem like one that would work out. The con artist and the prophet.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat wrote:
    My interpretation is that such types crave but not always differentiate it well from . Especially in critical situations, they may find more seductive than and therefore mistake for "more effective" - in other words, falling for a con man.
    I don't know if it's necessarily so. Do people "crave" their dual-seeking function? I think that it is more of lacking it, than actually wanting it desperately. If it is manipulation, I would think it has more to do with overpowering your role function. Even though I have as a dual seeking function, I wouldn't see myself being conned by someone using , since I will automatically try to avoid it and initially distrust with . However, I could definitely see myself being manipulated by someone who manages to make me undervalue my . It would leave me submissive, rather than aggressive, when confronted with my 4th function ( PoLR).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

infj probably.

they tend to believe everything you tell them. or at least they believe what I tell them.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    infj probably.

they tend to believe everything you tell them. or at least they believe what I tell them.

All INFjs are suspicious of people. They trust and like very few people I think. They do like to pretend to agree or like some people out of politeness but I think generally they are the type least likely to be fooled.

Rocky, I suspect very strongly that the INFjs here believe very little if anything you have ever written here. Trust me on this one.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, Megan, I think you do just as much to spread stereotypes about INFjs as the rest of us.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From experience I would have to say that the type must likely to be conned are ENFps. Unlike INFjs who are always searching for and finding what is negative about others, some ENFps have minds that seem to want to see and believe only the positives about people.

And yes, I do believe it is very easy to con ISFjs and ISFps but only at first. They do catch on eventually.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woowhooo... those are strong words. "INFjs" as in all of them? That I have "ever written"?

Possibally you disagree with what I wrote right now, and that's fine, maybe I was wrong, but that was a severe exaggeration. You can point out one thing without attacking my entire character.

BTW, didn't I say "probably", not "definatly without a shadow of a doubt"?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woowhooo... those are strong words. "INFjs" as in all of them? That I have "ever written"?

Possibally you disagree with what I wrote right now, and that's fine, maybe I was wrong, but that was a severe exaggeration. You can point out one thing without attacking my entire character.
    Err... I am not sure how you have reached the conclusion that your entire character was being knocked. If I meant to knock your entire character I would be more direct about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    all i will say is that intjs can be pretty damn thick sometimes. i know mystic said the other day something like (and I note similar properites in other intjs including myself) "most people put up a facade which in my opinion is quite difficult to differentiate fromt their true personality." perhaps we should say that all types are likely to be fooled by people with their their suggestive but that certain types abuse this property more than others?
    romantically maybe. but we can read right through most situations, i know i can anyway.

the type that will get conned the best are the ones that are greedy, too trusting, and not very observant. INTJ's don't trust anyone (including themselves). are very observant, to the tiniest of details - and really we aren't that greedy. spend money on things that you really need after a complete research.

the type would probably fit into a SFP/J type. where you need intuition to smell something fishy. someone spontaneous, where they may not think too deeply about a situation. and a feeler who may want to feel the riches they royaly deserve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky wrote:
    infj probably.

I completely agree with Rocky, if he is referring to friends lying to me. Once someone is considered my friend, I don't see any reason to disbelieve what they tell me. Even if I suspect, which usually happens, I will always give the benefit of the doubt. But I believe that Young and Confused was referring to cons, not so much in "believing" lies.

Btw, I think Rocky said it jokingly... or at least, thinking of a joke or small prank being pulled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the type that will get conned the best are the ones that are greedy, too trusting, and not very observant.
    hahaha... That type should be destroyed then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanum
    the type that will get conned the best are the ones that are greedy, too trusting, and not very observant.
    hahaha... That type should be destroyed then.
    they should be. but unfortunately that's most of the populace. we would be all alone - who will do all the menial chores?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    romantically maybe.
    yeah but like when people become your friends because you have money or something. that sort of shit is what i meant

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    You know, Megan, I think you do just as much to spread stereotypes about INFjs as the rest of us.
    I really think the INFjs I have known do not really like and trust as many people as it first appears(they may say otherwise of course). That does not mean they (INFJs) do not have many other fine qualities. Just because something is a stereotype I do not believe it is completely lacking in the truth.

And Cone I do really try to ignore you but I might need to try a bit harder.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, I think Rocky said it jokingly... or at least, thinking of a joke or small prank being pulled.
    yeah, that's closer to what I was saying.

Mike: are INTJs really that observant and pay close attention to details? I thought that was more sensing. Or do you mean they concentrate more on the foreground of things? I could see that being judging.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to go to bat for the INFjs here. From my point of view Rocky kind of knocked the INFjs and sounded a bit boastful. Someone just pointed out a characteristic of INFjs and it looked pretty evenly justified to me.

From what I know of INFjs including the one closest to me and my closest friend for 9 years...they don't let people into their inner circle very easily. They think things over very deeply and don't tend just leap on the bandwagon of what anyone says. Infact, they are likely to play devil's advocate instead.

If an INFj found out you said what you did about them and you were their friend they would feel really betrayed. Their loyalty to their friends run deep and even if they disagree with you, they will defend you to others. If you had anytype of condenscending attitude or acting like you were just feeding them something, they would pick up on it and may even get defensive.

The INFjs I know are very quick and very intuitive. Even though I hate to admit it, they are wise. (Even if they do tend to see things pretty black and white sometimes).

I think the type most likely fooled by an ESTp is probably an ESFj. While they can carry a charade on with other types it won't be long before eventually they are found out. They'd have to keep a psychological distance from anyone intuitive especially. Although at first they might even appeal to some types like an ENFp, the ENFp will eventually see past the superficial part of the relationship and it won't hold an interest for them.

I know some INTps who can tolerate them quite well too but I'm not sure why. I know ENTjs see through them as quick as ENTps.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, that's closer to what I was saying.

Mike: are INTJs really that observant and pay close attention to details? I thought that was more sensing. Or do you mean they concentrate more on the foreground of things? I could see that being judging.
    it's based on myself mostly. maybe i'm more of a split type. but i'll hear voice inflection, eye direction, something out of place. how someone moved, how it might have been different, etc. i can pay close attention to details - depending on what the details are. instructions on how to diffuse the bomb - we would all die. intructions on baking a cake - we would all eat.

the intuition and sensing line always confused me. people say that if your a sensor you enjoy the senses more - scent, vision, etc. however i like smelling thing, i rely on listening to something to identy what's wrong with it. if something looks odd, or smells odd. a scent of a deer, the feeling of the wind and where it's coming from, get the camera out and find it.

i think a sensor is simply less likely to use intuition as a source of information. or is less likely to listen to that voice in their head. i feel we are all sensors. and intuition is an overlay, an extra feature that other's dont' have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sniffs at Polly's accurate explanation of INFJs*

There's really no need to defend anything though. I know Rocky wasn't expecting the reaction his post got. I'll go so far as to say that he was just teasing like a joke, but now it backfired on him. Of course, I am assuming an understanding of ISTP language :wink:.

mike INTJ wrote:
    they should be. but unfortunately that's most of the populace. we would be all alone - who will do all the menial chores?
    ... I was joking!! I should not say certain things...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mike: WOW.

"Inner voice" is apparently tied to Introversion, not Intuition.

But you apparently don't understand the differences between the types, which makes me wonder if you are really an Intuitive, but I don't know your type, so I won't say anything.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you apparently don't understand the differences between the types, which makes me wonder if you are really an Intuitive, but I don't know your type, so I won't say anything.
    maybe. i consider introversion as looking at ones self from an outside vantage. intuition is a feeling that i can feel, or rely on simply knowing. inner voice can be either thing. something telling you that the cake is poison - can be intuition speaking, i assume extroverted people also have a voice in their head as well.

oh and the WOW thing - is that a good wow? or a sarcastic wow?

i should also add - that i am INTJ on all tests i take, the intuition can land in the middle. the socion test showed a INTP as the top score. the type descriptions are of little importance to me. as they are only an interpretation of what other's think - and they seem to change each day.

i create new theories based on my own thoughts. no one is actually wrong. and placing people into specific types based on a theory that is still a bit half baked is a bit silly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to go to bat for the INFjs here. From my point of view Rocky kind of knocked the INFjs and sounded a bit boastful.
    Precisely what I detected too.

I think extraverts also have that "Inner voice". Where does this idea that only introverts have an inner voice come from I wonder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i create new theories based on my own thoughts. no one is actually wrong. and placing people into specific types based on a theory that is still a bit half baked is a bit silly.
    I couldn't agree more. Its like taking anything too literally. This is not an exact science so you can't look for exact answers. Just generalizations but you have to be weary in how you apply them.

Most personalities do have some stronger traits which tend to rule them. But that doesn't mean they haven't been raised in an environment that helped them strengthen their weaker traits and put their strong ones in perspective.

sidebar: when you come off as sarcastic and cocky be prepared to get a negative reaction from some people. Not everyone appreciates sarcasm.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't agree more. Its like taking anything too literally. This is not an exact science so you can't look for exact answers. Just generalizations but you have to be weary in how you apply them.

Most personalities do have some stronger traits which tend to rule them. But that doesn't mean they haven't been raised in an environment that helped them strengthen their weaker traits and put their strong ones in perspective.

sidebar: when you come off as sarcastic and cocky be prepared to get a negative reaction from some people. Not everyone appreciates sarcasm.
    sarcasm is tricky. online, it never comes out, it needs voice.

in person, people think your mean. or they do like it as it is funny, but in a mean way. other's need to understand the words behind it.

but the real weird one was - sarcasm takes a certain type of person to understand it. a person i used it on, understood very fast, knew when i was kidding, etc. and she barely spoke english, or a very limited amount. i can only assume it's an intuition thing, she understood without know what i was talking about. and i tried both real and sarcastic, she knew. and she's no introvert. she actually dances in front of a mirror every night for fun! i can't imagine such a spectacle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    I think extraverts also have that "Inner voice". Where does this idea that only introverts have an inner voice come from I wonder.
    Because at one time I assumed that everyone did it until Gilligan said that he and other Extraverts don't.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We now pause for a useless fact:

When I first saw this thread, I read the topic as: "Which types falls for CONE?"

You may now continue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can take small amounts of sarcasm in doses but I do find its not something that translates of the net. If someone is a bit overly sarcastic though it will usually provoke a response.

I find some sarcasm a bit mean. Its meant to demean in some way way but in a humourous way. When you are the only one left laughing...guess who looks like the asshole.

I have a little voice. Its sort of like the struggle between the angel and the devil inside of me. When I start to slip and my vices/faults start to get the best of me the angel kicks in and scolds me. When I'm getting stressed out, my little voice tells me to calm down and breath....take a step back if necessary than refocus.

I don't know if stuff like that can be explained by type and even if so I think it would be speculation. I know I'm very visual. I might 'get' a lot but I'm also pre-occupied by the possibilities and sometimes might see the possible negative impacts of a person's actions and it can make me downright tense sometimes. I think that might be why sarcasm doesn't go over that well with me.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    We now pause for a useless fact:

When I first saw this thread, I read the topic as: "Which types falls for CONE?"

You may now continue.
    so what type were you thinking?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever type implied is, of course.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote]
    I can take small amounts of sarcasm in doses but I do find its not something that translates of the net. If someone is a bit overly sarcastic though it will usually provoke a response.
    since i like angering people - then i guess it works. you learn about a person on how they repspond when angered. most people are used to happy thoughts and can deal with that only.

I find some sarcasm a bit mean. Its meant to demean in some way way but in a humourous way. When you are the only one left laughing...guess who looks like the asshole.
    it can be mean. it depends on what was said and how it was said. some are more sensitive then others. and other's don't know if they just insulted them or not.

I have a little voice. Its sort of like the struggle between the angel and the devil inside of me. When I start to slip and my vices/faults start to get the best of me the angel kicks in and scolds me. When I'm getting stressed out, my little voice tells me to calm down and breath....take a step back if necessary than refocus.
    i have two little devils.

I don't know if stuff like that can be explained by type and even if so I think it would be speculation. I know I'm very visual. I might 'get' a lot but I'm also pre-occupied by the possibilities and sometimes might see the possible negative impacts of a person's actions and it can make me downright tense sometimes. I think that might be why sarcasm doesn't go over that well with me.
    sarcasm is an art. i'll joke around. usually i won't bother thinking before i talk. i'm more of a Groucho when sarcasming someone. it has many levels. you get the ones that are clever and pun like. other's are a play on words. other's put you in your place (the i'm better then you type), and then the last type is the DUH catagory. where anything is simply DUH - kids use this as they develop their sarcasm skills. many use a certain type of voice for sarcasm. an INTJ, doesn't use a voice, it comes out like a normal sentence. which is why i think some sites decribe it as biting sarcasm, as it's said with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Whatever type implied is, of course.
    She is insane.

On topic; I can't see the bad in people. I'm often had.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    Because at one time I assumed that everyone did it until Gilligan said that he and other Extraverts don't.
    i suppose the best thing to do is to explore that and see what types are listed. i don't recall any test asking me about the two devils that live inside my head. so it may not fall under any type in particular. it might make an interesting study.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast