Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Rate my understanding of socionics

How would you say my understanding of socionics is, since I first came here? Do you think I get the gist of it?

I want some honest feedback of my understanding on socionics. You won't personally offend me if you politely state areas I could improve on. =)

I probably only trust Expat, Allie, Vero, Gilly and Ashton (and to some extent Dolphin) with this, because to me those are the people who objectively understand the system quite well. Though I have since disagreed with Vero and Gilly that I'm a 4, and decided I'm a 6 again. =D

(This is based just on my understanding of socionics remember. I'm not asking to be ridiculed for talking about homosexuality too much. Or whatever.)

It might not look it, but I really do enjoy improving my understanding of socionics, especially cause I see so much of it play out in my real life. Even if I go 'socionics is dumb' a lot of times.

Remember, this isn't a thread to personally criticize me (well not that I care- I probably will enjoy the insults because I'm a victim), it's only to criticize my *understanding.* Please try to keep the topic intellectual.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you understand how the types act moderately well based on your descriptions I've seen in various places.

I do not know much about your understanding of theoretical underpinnings however.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm not too big on what is called 'mental masturbation' talk. Because it's just so out of place to me. It's like....so technical. I can't understand it.

I only have a two-year college degree though, so maybe that's why. I am smart, but I don't get the talks that get too 'Math-y' I guess.

Or maybe it's my polr. Whatever. It just doesn't mesh well with me.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your type descriptions were good.

You understand Socionics better than most ppl here, for sure... It seems like you're still confusing/conflating Socionics-off-shoots (e.g. Model X) with Socionics to a degree, and that may be what's holding you back from complete understanding. (Perhaps needless to say, I'm not sure of this--I'm only guessing...)

Your typings are relatively good/accurate.

on a 0-10 scale: 7-7.5

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what "socionics-off-shoots" does Sam employ? Additionally, how are these correlated with "model X"? More importantly, what do you even know about model X? Lastly, how would your (relative) knowledge of model X even be verified as correct, let alone commensurable with any notion of what consitutes socionics on a fundamental level, given that you have done your own off-shoot in the past few months?

*oops*

re: Sam, you seem to have a decent working understanding of the theory and types in general (if a bit stereotypical at times).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat, Allie, Vero, Gilly and Ashton (and to some extent Dolphin)
    What a bizarre grouping of people you've tossed me in.

TBH, Sam, I'm not sure that I know enough about your socionics perceptions to really "rate" your understanding. Additionally, I don't really like rating things like that. It's generally a matter of whether I find things are logically consistent, aligned with certain elements that I feel are core to socionics, and whether or not you are capable of justifying your arguments. I definitely wouldn't be able to give you a rating out of ten or anything. I prefer to criticize individual elements of someone's opinions and ideas rather than cluster them up as entirely inept or capable.

Maybe sometime we can have a convo about our thoughts on socionics directly?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm yeah Vero that sounds good.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How is that a weird combination? I mean okay look at it from this angle.

You can take like 7 people. And they're NOTHING alike, and can't be grouped in anyway. Except for these 7 people know what a town is truly like, cause they all been there pretty equally. They don't even live in the same area, but they've travelled there and have a good take on what it's really like. Not just the 'media image' but they know if it well down to the grain. They don't have to have anything else in common. But they do have that in common.

*sigh* I don't know what's so weird about what I said heh. Oh well.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though I wonder myself how well I grasp Socionics, it is a rather hard thing to rate. You say you only trust a couple of people to tell you what you need to know, maybe you should have just directly asked them? Even then, I try thinking of a way to assess someone else's Socionic abilities, and the only way I could think of objectively doing that is in a "test" of sorts. Ask for definitions of the IEs and functions, type people from videos, see an interaction between people and guess the relation. And being completely correct in the last two bits isn't point, it's more of how you came to that conclusion. Otherwise the only way one can tell if you're good or not depends on how well they see you type and explain yourself, and that might conflict just on value standings, which isn't really fair.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for including me in that list.

My impression is that your understanding of what each type feels and looks like is overall sound; somewhat less so regarding the actual nature of each type (ie their very core).

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    How is that a weird combination? I mean okay look at it from this angle.

You can take like 7 people. And they're NOTHING alike, and can't be grouped in anyway. Except for these 7 people know what a town is truly like, cause they all been there pretty equally. They don't even live in the same area, but they've travelled there and have a good take on what it's really like. Not just the 'media image' but they know if it well down to the grain. They don't have to have anything else in common. But they do have that in common.

*sigh* I don't know what's so weird about what I said heh. Oh well.
    Well, what's a bit weird is that while Gilly and I share the same broad understanding of what socionics is about, on the other hand Allie and Ashton share, among themselves, a view of socionics that is all but incompatible with the former. Not sure of where exactly Vero's fits in, but I'd guess closer to Gilly's and mine.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request