Thread: Imagining yourself

Creepy-male

Default Imagining yourself...

Writing a forum reply, or talking to people, or reading a Wikipedia article.

For example, when I'm sorting out Logiks in my head, it's always in the form of a dialogue with someone else who's criticising what I say (but I never actually hear that person, so it's like asking and answering my own questions). Or I'll imagine that I'm writing a forum post and go over it again and again until it's vaguely coherent (this one took three days ).

I also had an experience where I had a brainwave, but the ideas were filtering through to me like I was reading them on wikipedia.

Assuming I'm not insane and on the fast track to schizophrenia, type related? Do you relate? Can you think of a function or dichotomy that would do or cause this?

Forts plz.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe it is type related, though it would definitely make use of intuitive elements combined with other elements for the actual topic/'interactions'/etc. (This is not to say that ONLY Ns do this.)

There are many people of differing types who rehearse what they will say on a phone call before they make the call...
    Many who will brainstorm what they want to say before writing a post...
    Many who will practice responding to different possible criticisms...
    Many who will rant and rave while walking around the block as a way of saying things they'd LOVE to say to someone annoying...but that they would never actually say irl. *innocent look*

Most children learned some form of pretend games, as well as learned how to prepare before saying/doing something, as well as doing mental rehearsals, or even just allowing themselves to react/do whatever in their heads....without it actually effecting the outside world.

It's a way of preparing.
    It's a way of making sure you're going to cover everything you want to cover.
    It's a way of relieving stress.
    It's a way of learning.

I'm pretty sure that it's part of being an intelligent being.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I don't get it.
    Me either.

What do you not get? Help me out here.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it's part of being an intelligent being.
    Hoho. Thanks.

Alright, and if I find my mind just sort of slipping into these?

Type-related?

Creepy-bg

I like to imagine girls sucking on my penis.

Creepy-male

What the hell is going on? I still don't get it. What do you do, you pretend or imagine posting? I'm so confused.
    Alright, good start.

What's the difference to you?

Creepy-male

Huh? I'm not asking you an either/or question. I was attempting to guess at whatever the fuck you guys are talking about. Is it pretending to post? Imagining? And what does that even mean—to pretend to post? What good start? I am really lost.
    Your confusion is contagious.

Creepy-male

I have no idea why you're confused, and it's confusing me. I can't help, sorry.

Anyway, you seem to be quite agitated at the moment.

Creepy-bg

sigh

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post

For example, when I'm sorting out Logiks in my head, it's always in the form of a dialogue with someone else who's criticising what I say (but I never actually hear that person, so it's like asking and answering my own questions). Or I'll imagine that I'm writing a forum post and go over it again and again until it's vaguely coherent (this one took three days ).
    No, that is not schizophrenia, that is the beginning stage of imagine conscious where everybody has/needs to function.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy fuck, am I the only one who doesn't get this? Fine, I give up.
    What I'm just explaining the OP's I have not read anything else.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy fuck, am I the only one who doesn't get this? Fine, I give up.
    Are you serious?! It's like a normal mental exercise.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During my day, I often rehearse in my head possible discussions I might have with people. Be they on politics, socionics, philosophy, w/e.

Then when I actually get into a conversation I gauge my points and adjust them based on the particular situation.

Then during, if its in text format, I pinpoint the area of contention and attempt to concentrate on that. If we can agree on premises then its usually easy to continue to conclusions.

So the dialouge comes before the discussion and is imagined.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gul, you sound like you're not really connected with the basic emotional suffering of humans.

Ie I think you are genuine sociopath. And that's why people are having trouble with you. =/

It's okay to be zany and 'little kid' ish I guess, bg is that way himself lots of times. But unlike bg you just don't seem to be very stable or sane.

Worried about you guy. For real.

I don't know what to say. But then again when dealing with a sociopath there really isn't anything you can do other than remove yourself from the situation for your own sanity.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Gul, you sound like you're not really connected with humans.
    That one, actually. I was raised a martian. I think I've only been able to connect with people for the past two or three years? So yeah, I'm a little behind.

TIM
    ISTp
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post

Do you relate? Can you think of a function or dichotomy that would do or cause this?
    Yeah, I basically do this all day with the many persons residing on the edge of my sanity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Gul, you sound like you're not really connected with the basic emotional suffering of humans.
    Ie I think you are genuine sociopath. And that's why people are having trouble with you. =/
    It's okay to be zany and 'little kid' ish I guess, bg is that way himself lots of times. But unlike bg you just don't seem to be very stable or sane.
    Worried about you guy. For real.
    I don't know what to say. But then again when dealing with a sociopath there really isn't anything you can do other than remove yourself from the situation for your own sanity.
    Gul, this is a great example of what happens when people DON'T let themselves cogitate on their posts for a little before hitting "send." Of course B&D is from my conflicting quadra, so that may be part of it, but if anyone said this to me, especially in a public post instead of via PM, I would probably stop interacting with them. It just sounds too demeaning and holier-than-thou.

I usually let myself respond to a post without forethought, but I always wait and read back through my post AT LEAST once before sending it off. I'm checking for a multitude of things: that I'm choosing my words well, so that I'm not evoking an undue connotation; that I'm sticking to the point I wanted to make instead of going off the deep end (yes, I know, even with a pause I'm not actually the best at keeping myself from doing this); that I actually feel strongly enough to make my point; that I've reviewed all the previous responses as well as the OP in case that changes what I want to say ... I'm sure I could think of more, but you get the idea.

I will say that waiting 3 days seems like a lot. I would venture a guess it was something that occurred to you, but you weren't sure how best to start the thread ... and then you got distracted by other things, and when it popped back into your mind, you weren't necessarily logged into the forum to actually be able to act on it ... and then finally you came to feel that one of the possibilities you'd already come up with was adequate, and made your move. If this doesn't represent your process, then you might venture your own guess that it sometimes represents mine.

I could snark back at B&D and tell him I'm worried about him, but that would just be hypocritical and passive-aggressive. So instead, I'll say this: I didn't think what you said to Gul was helpful, or even in the spirit of helping, B&D. Can you try to help me understand your strong reaction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    I will say that waiting 3 days seems like a lot. I would venture a guess it was something that occurred to you, but you weren't sure how best to start the thread ... and then you got distracted by other things, and when it popped back into your mind, you weren't necessarily logged into the forum to actually be able to act on it ... and then finally you came to feel that one of the possibilities you'd already come up with was adequate, and made your move. If this doesn't represent your process, then you might venture your own guess that it sometimes represents mine.
    Idea occurs while I'm drifting off -> not big enough to make a thread -> keep spinning it up while drifting off/playing WoW.

That was over three days, not spending eight or so hours each day for three days or something.

I guess the point is that my thought process involved me actually posting, only confined to my head. Like, gathering my thoughts was done in the context of vaguely visualising the post box and bringing the words up, and I did even start to make a post, then stopped.

I suppose I do have an Ulterior Motive here of trying to tie that to either Ni or Si and not "human being".

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get it.
    I didn't get it immediately either. I consider the post an interesting Socionics test in itself - testing for strength of iNtuition vs other functions.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker