View Poll Results: Is XoX primary function E or I?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • E (Te, Fe, Ne, Se)

    2 28.57%
  • I (Ti, Fi, Ni, Si)

    5 71.43%
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Is XoX more E or I?

  1. #1
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Is XoX more E or I?

    I'm exploring the possibility of being something else than ISTp...I do this "letter by letter".

    My wife just switched from ISFj to ESFj which actually seems to fit better and she likes it more too. She haven't considered E before because she is not very loud person or even too talkative in small talk kind of way. Anyways this made me wonder if I could be E after all. Even dj switched between E and I so it is possible...

    Anyways, I often talk way more than my wife does when we are with friends. I am actually quite talkative and even loud when I'm with people I enjoy. When in an environment I feel comfortable with I joke alot, interact with many people, can be somewhat an attention whore too...but I am never like this with strangers or in a strange environment. And I am quite selective of the company I like to hang out with. I don't make friends too easily because most people bore me and I bore them I guess. I am reserved among total strangers or among people that I have nothing in common with.

    I don't like to go anywhere alone. Traveling alone, going to a club or a bar alone, even going to shopping alone is not fun. Partly this is because I like company of people and most of the fun comes from the interaction. Partly this is because I'm not good at making new friends. Like if I would travel alone I think I would not be good at making new friends on the road so I rather bring them with me (or something). Shopping alone is just boring. So I'm not sure if this is E or I behavior.

    When home I often talk way more than my wife. I can be talkative to a point she gets annoyed...But she seems to be much better at getting to know our neighbours. She knows them all. I rarely interact with them unless I have to. The problem again being I don't find our neighbours very interesting. My wife always seems to find something to talk about with them.

    I have been called extrovert by several friends. I'm not sure but I think have been called introvert too. I like to consider myself introvert however. And I do spend a lot of time alone. Ok not totally alone because I can chat in internet or play multiplayer role playing games or something but physically alone. This makes me think I am more introvert after all...

    About functions...

    I might well be Te primary...
    Who knows I might be Se primary after all...
    Some people have suggested I'm Ne primary!
    I doubt I'm Fe primary but who knows

    This is my first poll so I hope this does not end up being corrupted somehow when I submit it...

  2. #2
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTp?

    You seemed to be just as bored as I am on when it comes to doing things. You have to give more information to differentiate between N and S and F and T. Your definitely a perceiver, I can tell you that.

    BTW, I actually thought of you as being a female for a while, I think I got confused with you and flower.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  3. #3
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    ENTp?
    You seemed to be just as bored as I am on when it comes to doing things.
    Haha oh yes I get bored really easily. Sometimes I can get obsessively interested in something like studying some subject or some hobby or a computer game or whatever. After a short period of intense devotion I get bored at the subject completely (when there is nothing more to learn or when I just don't make progress). Sadly I sometimes do this with people too Anyways I often feel boredom and I desperately try to figure out new ways to amuse myself.

    My wife actually thinks "to be loved" might be a good hidden agenda for me. And Trans (if I remember correctly) said something like "you could be ENTp whose life force has been sucked out" or something, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    You have to give more information to differentiate between N and S and F and T.
    This poll is only about if the first (subconscious) function is introverted or extroverted. So no need to differentiate that yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    Your definitely a perceiver, I can tell you that.
    What makes you say this?

    Anyways this would make me Ne, Se, Ni, or Si primary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    BTW, I actually thought of you as being a female for a while, I think I got confused with you and flower.
    Haha. This happens occasionally...when I arrive in a new forum/chat the first impression is I'm extroverted female...then later when I get bored and my energy levels drop I more or less convert to being introverted male

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    XoX,
    do you recognize your PoLR? you could try figuring it out that way.

    I think one of your primary functions or role function might be , considering the little reservation you have in displaying it.

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't look at I, E, N, S, F, T, J, and P. Look at Ne, Se, Te, Ti, Fe, and Fi.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is XoX more E or I?

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I might well be Te primary...
    Who knows I might be Se primary after all...
    Some people have suggested I'm Ne primary!
    I doubt I'm Fe primary but who knows
    I think that's very ISTp . It sounds like something I would have written. For instance, I am sure I am an Introvert and an Ixxx, but there's times when I question that, too. I can also relate to the boredom thing and the "to be loved" hidden agenda. I think the hidden agenda can be easily confused among IxTps because of our weak Fe which we continually strive to strengthen. But then, I am not sure of my type either, so...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  7. #7
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is XoX more E or I?

    I have now read more and talked about my type with several people now and it seems there is no escaping from the ISTp You can still vote (the poll is still open for some days I think) but I guess my MBTI type won't change in socionics no matter how hard I try

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would have said ISTP as well.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Xox, I see that your posts are not like some other ISTPs in the forum, though there are similarities between you and flower. Maybe it as to do with subtypes? Either way, if you don't feel well adjusted to ISTP then you should not try to modify yourself to fit. Types are just a way to group similar individuals.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •