Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 112

Thread: Star Wars Characters

  1. #1
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Star Wars Characters

    The unirascible rigolet heliotypically disoccluded the allopelagic electrophoridae while uncurtailably destooling the fenagler.

  2. #2
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One would expect there to already be a thread about this, yet I searched rigolets and found nothing.

  3. #3
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You appear to be trapped in a downward spiral of incoherent babble. Let me help you
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  4. #4
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You've gone loony, my good man!
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  5. #5
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Help me by helping me to learn Star Wars characters.

  6. #6
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    heres my take :

    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader; ENFj
    Empereor Palpatine; ENFj
    Luke SKywalker; INTp
    Leia Skywalker; ENFp
    Yoda; INTj
    Mace Windu; ENFj
    Padmé; INFp
    Obi Won Kanobi; ENTp
    C3PO; ESFj
    Lando; INFj
    Viceroy; ESFp
    Jengo Fett; ESFp
    Han Solo; Unkown

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    C3PO: EII
    R2D2: ??? or SEE
    aren't they alpha instead ?? They are so hilarious together. C3 looks more Fe to me. R2 is intellectual, adventurous, kind of rebellious, and does not care for emotions

    I would say

    C3PO SEI : extremely low intuition, puts feelings in the forefront and worries for comfort and security, doesn't know how to go with the flow
    R2D2 LII : very good timing and intuition of situations, logical type
    Anakin : beta type, SLE maybe. Tends to be physically involved and use his hands before his brain
    Padme EIE : rationnal beta NF who tries to teach Anakin to think more before doing things
    Luke IEI : introvert irrational NF, has a hard time keeping emotions in check
    Leia EII : rationnal NF, kind of control freak with low Fe
    Han SLI : well... He's a ST, he's irrational, and I can't picture him being a beta.
    Yoda : Yoda
    the others : I don't know, maybe chewbacca is ESE ??


    But you know... it was a long time ago, in a far, far galaxy...

  8. #8
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mmm I can relate to R2D2.

    I dislike the fact that Wall-E reminds me of an E.T./artoo hybrid.

  9. #9
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Luke: IEE or IEI
    Obi Wan: ILI
    Anakin: EIE or SLE
    Han Solo: SLI
    Leia: EII or ???
    Darth Sidious: IEI
    Yoda: ILI, EII, or some other type
    Padame: IEI
    C3PO: EII
    R2D2: ??? or SEE
    Windu: ESI, LSI, or something

    Those have been my thoughts. The only ones I have a strong feeling for are Luke as IEE, Obi Wan as ILI, Han Solo as SLI, Darth Sidious as IEI, Anakin as being Beta extrovert, Padame as IEI, and C3PO being most likely EII.
    Obi Wan: EII > LII. I also have a strong feeling for this typing.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  10. #10
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anakyn Skywalker / Darth Vader ILE Ti
    Luke Skywalker IEI Ni
    Han Solo SLE Se
    Princess Leia SEE Se
    Chewbacca ESFj Si
    R2D2 ILE Ti
    C3PO ILI Ni
    Lando Calrissian LSI Se
    Master Yoda ILE Ti
    Obi Wan Kenobi IEE Fi
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  11. #11
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see

    Luke: IEE
    Yoda: LII
    Obi wan: EII

    Yoda didn't seem to care for Luke while he was training him, while Obi wan was trying to defend him.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  12. #12
    € € € MrMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    C3PO ILI Ni
    Are you kidding me?

  13. #13
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Are you kidding me?
    Yea C3PO is definitely ESE imo. Always complaining about Han Solo's dangerous behavior (something an ILI would probably not do). He sorta follows R2 around and acts as his voice while R2 does all the quiet technical work of saving people. They have the ESE LII duality going on for sure.

    as an aside I think Leia is LSE. She gave off that tough-princess vibe in episodes 4 and 5. The conflicts she has with Han sorta resemble Ej vs Ip, i.e. she cares a lot, he could give a crap.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  14. #14
    € € € MrMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    Yea C3PO is definitely ESE imo. Always complaining about Han Solo's dangerous behavior (something an ILI would probably not do). He sorta follows R2 around and acts as his voice while R2 does all the quiet technical work of saving people. They have the ESE LII duality going on for sure.
    Indeed.
    And what about "Anakin/Vader"? Slater, did you just assign your type to the SW characters that you think are cool and strong, and assign the ILI-type to the character from SW that you find the most annoying? I think you did, because even a child can see that Anakin (EP I, II, III) does not have the same personality type as Darth Vader (IV, V, VI)

  15. #15
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Luke: IEE-ish
    Leia: not very consistent - maybe SEE
    Han: in Empire Strikes Back, a clear SEE; less clear otherwise
    Darth Vader and Palpatine: in Episodes V and VI, a ESI-LIE pair as seen by Alphas
    Obi-Wan: EII sounds good
    Anakin Skywalker: SLE
    Yoda: LII maybe
    Darth Sidious/Palpatine: in the first trilogy, maybe ILI
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  16. #16
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Luke: Delta NF
    Han Solo - SEE
    Leia - LSE
    Darth Vader/Anakin - Gamma SF
    Obi Wan - LII or EII
    Yoda - Alpha NT
    Lando - ESE
    Palpatine - LIE
    C3PO - EII
    R2D2 - Alpha Irrational-ish
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Luke: Pretty sure he ain't an IEE. Seems IEI to me.

    Han Solo: SLI. Pretty sure of this one.

    Obi-Wan (in the original 3): EII
    C3PO: I reckon ENTJ. I think he uses extroverted thinking a lot. Seems like his main function. But then again maybe ENTP. Now I'm thinking maybe ESFP. Or ESFJ. Man I dunno at all for this one. Maybe, being an android and all, he ca use all of the functions efficiently.

    R2D2: ENTP or INTJ

    Yoda: To me he seems to be a mix of INFJ and INTJ
    IEE

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually I think YODA = INTJ.
    IEE

  19. #19
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Luke - Ne-IEE
    Han Solo - Fi-EII
    Leia - Te-LSE
    Anakin - Te-SLI
    Yoda - Ni-ILI
    Palpatine - Fi-SEE
    Obi-Wan - Ni-EIE
    3CP0 - Se-LSI
    R2D2 - Ti-LII

  20. #20
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    C3PO: I reckon ENTJ. I think he uses extroverted thinking a lot. Seems like his main function.
    Actually, his main functions are etiquette and protocol.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  21. #21
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Indeed.
    And what about "Anakin/Vader"? Slater, did you just assign your type to the SW characters that you think are cool and strong, and assign the ILI-type to the character from SW that you find the most annoying? I think you did, because even a child can see that Anakin (EP I, II, III) does not have the same personality type as Darth Vader (IV, V, VI)

    No, no one annoys me. I have friends IRL/OL among the 16 types.You said what you said, I said what I said

    Typing fictional character is actually "wrong" because they don't have a "personality", they don't exist.

    Vader is an old, unhealthy ILE with an unfulfilled Fe hidden agenda. I don't see any Fi / Te in him. In SW4 he says:"your lack of faith is disgusting", something fellow ILEs would say.

    R2D2 is a...robot. Anyway, it has a poor temper and gets angry easily: a traits most ILEs share. It is a trouble shooter. BTW I've read polikujm's typings and I think he is right about R2D2 as LSI Se.

    Yoda acts silly but is actually someone rational, an trait.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  22. #22
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Luke - Ne-IEE
    Han Solo - Fi-EII
    Leia - Te-LSE
    Anakin - Te-SLI
    Yoda - Ni-ILI
    Palpatine - Fi-SEE
    Obi-Wan - Ni-EIE
    3CP0 - Se-LSI
    R2D2 - Ti-LII
    Some of these are good, but...Han Solo EII? WTF? Anakin SLI????? Yoda a Gamma????? OBI WAN A BETA?!?!?!?!? o_O
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  23. #23
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the mistake you make in typing the characters is that you look at the functions they exhibit rather than the character as a whole. Yes C3PO gives a lot of facts and probabilities, but he's a robot. His character is an overbearing robot that is constantly worried about the people around him and especially R2D2 that is always running off doing the quiet technical work. I'm not looking at their functions, I'm looking at the characters and what role they play in the movie.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  24. #24
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The ones I see as most obvious are Han Solo as SEE (surprised more people aren't saying this, actually), C3PO as some kind of Alpha SF SEI>ESE imo(try putting C3PO and Wall-E side by side...) and Obi Wan as EII.

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Darth Vader and Palpatine: in Episodes V and VI, a ESI-LIE pair as seen by Alphas
    I think this is a really interesting observation, and I think I can actually agree with you here. They really do seem like archetypes of the most negative aspects of ESI-LIE from an alpha perspective. I actually would have found it difficult to type them because they're just so heavily constructed as negative characters, but I think ESI and LIE could be a really good typing for them.

    Actually, I think I can agree with all of your list, Expat. Perhaps with the exception of Leia, who I can more easily see as LSE than SEE. That said, I also find Leia a little inconsistent.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  25. #25
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMO Anakin is SEE and Vader is ESI.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  26. #26
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    IMO Anakin is SEE and Vader is ESI.
    I suppose a lot of parallels can be drawn between Anakin and Julius Caesar.

    edit: as well as the fall of the Old Republic and the fall of Rome.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  27. #27
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Actually, I think I can agree with all of your list, Expat. Perhaps with the exception of Leia, who I can more easily see as LSE than SEE. That said, I also find Leia a little inconsistent.
    Thanks I don't have any particular reason to object to LSE, actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    IMO Anakin is SEE and Vader is ESI.
    Although I don't really see Anakin is a good character for typing, one problem I have with SEE is that all of his problems in Episode III stemmed from poor Fi: not knowing who were his friends and whom to trust. His speech about "bringing order to his new empire" and projecting onto the Jedis the revolutionary goals of "taking over" also reinforces Beta.

    Finally, his whining about the Jedi council not granting the title he "deserved" is more from a SLE perspective. SEEs are more concerned about being accepted as leaders from those around them in a inner, Fi way; not due to formal Ti titles or hierarchies.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  28. #28
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Although I don't really see Anakin is a good character for typing, one problem I have with SEE is that all of his problems in Episode III stemmed from poor Fi: not knowing who were his friends and whom to trust. His speech about "bringing order to his new empire" and projecting onto the Jedis the revolutionary goals of "taking over" also reinforces Beta.

    Finally, his whining about the Jedi council not granting the title he "deserved" is more from a SLE perspective. SEEs are more concerned about being accepted as leaders from those around them in a inner, Fi way; not due to formal Ti titles or hierarchies.
    The reason I think he is definitely Gamma is that he abandons all of his ideals, and is even willing to "sink" to the Dark Side, in defense of Padme, his love; this is his first step towards "the dark side." The initial motivation for his desertion was not necessarily acting against it because of an ideological problem with the system, as a Beta might do, but simply for the fact that it was not conducive to his Fi goals, which I see as very Gamma. After he has been corrupted by the Emperor, I think we can give leeway to the fact that he doesn't know "who his friends are," because he has obviously been totally brainwashed. The important part, I think, is that his initial break with "the system" is for very typically Fi+Se reasons: doing whatever it takes to defend his lover.

    Also, as far as the "title he deserved" part goes, I think this attitude is actually demonstrative of weak Ti. He doesn't understand what it really means to be a Jedi Master, the "definition of a Jedi," if you will; he sees that he is the strongest Jedi, and thinks that nothing else should matter, when in reality being a Jedi Master is obviously as much about discipline, patience, and clear-minded judgment (all of which are both lacking in Anakin's character and easily attributed to Ti in the sense that they are portrayed in the movies and in other Jedi masters, including Mace Windu, whom I think is Beta ST) as it is fighting skill.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  29. #29
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm really tempted to say Han Solo and Chewbacca are an SLE/LSI pair. The smarmy smooth talker and the silent brawn. Yea Harrison Ford is SLI and it really shows in the movie, but I don't think that's what Han's role in the film is.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  30. #30
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    The reason I think he is definitely Gamma is that he abandons all of his ideals, and is even willing to "sink" to the Dark Side, in defense of Padme, his love; this is his first step towards "the dark side." The initial motivation for his desertion was not necessarily acting against it because of an ideological problem with the system, as a Beta might do, but simply for the fact that it was not conducive to his Fi goals, which I see as very Gamma. After he has been corrupted by the Emperor, I think we can give leeway to the fact that he doesn't know "who his friends are," because he has obviously been totally brainwashed. The important part, I think, is that his initial break with "the system" is for very typically Fi+Se reasons: doing whatever it takes to defend his lover.
    Ok, that's a valid way of looking at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Also, as far as the "title he deserved" part goes, I think this attitude is actually demonstrative of weak Ti. He doesn't understand what it really means to be a Jedi Master, the "definition of a Jedi," if you will; he sees that he is the strongest Jedi, and thinks that nothing else should matter, when in reality being a Jedi Master is obviously as much about discipline, patience, and clear-minded judgment (all of which are both lacking in Anakin's character and easily attributed to Ti in the sense that they are portrayed in the movies and in other Jedi masters, including Mace Windu, whom I think is Beta ST) as it is fighting skill.
    Ok, that's also a good argument.

    I would only argue that he was only appointed to the council specifically to be the liaison with Palpatine, that is, not through his personal merits, or due to being acknowledged by the other Jedis as deserving. I think a SEE, not understanding maybe, as you say, the precise definition of a Jedi, but understanding how he fits among the Jedis in a Fi network - would be more aware of the politics involved: understanding that he is, in fact, a political appointee, he would use his "foot in the door" to "win over" the Jedis later. What he did was to assume that his formal position - a council member - made the political context irrelevant, as if the Jedis were the military, so to speak (not that politics is irrelevant in the military, but I think you know what I mean).

    I think LSI for Mace Windu is a good bet, by the way.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  31. #31
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I think a SEE, not understanding maybe, as you say, the precise definition of a Jedi, but understanding how he fits among the Jedis in a Fi network - would be more aware of the politics involved: understanding that he is, in fact, a political appointee, he would use his "foot in the door" to "win over" the Jedis later. What he did was to assume that his formal position - a council member - made the political context irrelevant, as if the Jedis were the military, so to speak (not that politics is irrelevant in the military, but I think you know what I mean).
    Hmmm...I see where you are coming from, but I think an SLE might just as easily be aware of how he doesn't meet the Ti "qualifications" of a Jedi as an SEE would of how he fits in the Fi "social network" of the Jedis; what is relevant to determining his type, IMO, is that he clearly values Se above either Ti or Fi, and his motivations are primarily Fi>Ti.

    I think LSI for Mace Windu is a good bet, by the way.
    I agree, I definitely think LSI is the best type for him. I actually had "LSI" in place of "Beta ST," but I decided that emphasizing the fact that the Ti-relevant aspects of "being a Jedi" are relevant to both Alpha and Beta perspectives on Ti, as opposed to just Ti in general, would make my point about Anakin a bit clearer.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  32. #32
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    None of that makes any sense at all. Revise your understanding of Socionics, please.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  33. #33
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sigh, idiots...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  34. #34
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    First thing first, why isn't Han Solo an EII to you? He portrays a crap load of Fi and Ne, more than he does his super Id. Yoda as an LII makes no sense. Where's the Ti? Obi Wan is either an EIE or ESE, but EIE fits a lot better. I can't see how Fe isn't his dominant Definitely not Fi valuing, like Yoda or Anakin, you can see the contrast. He kind of bases his whole premise on Fe, and Se HA is seriously the only fit, and I don't see how he could be Te leading.
    All of this is very abstract and I don't think anyone knows what you mean. Saying Han Solo is an EII because he "portrays a crap load of Fi and Ne" is circular reasoning.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  35. #35
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So you're telling me you are going off the model and not just recycling various stereotypes that say all "Gammas" could seem to fit into context because they all think they're Gammas in the first place? If you're doing something miraculous here besides using the socionics model, and I'm simply overlooking that, just let me know. I will completely understand what you're on to.

    Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    All of this is very abstract and I don't think anyone knows what you mean. Saying Han Solo is an EII because he "portrays a crap load of Fi and Ne" is circular reasoning.
    I'm not trying to reason. I'm saying for anyone who wants to use the socionics model to type fantasy characters, they should consider this typing as I've considered every type and nailed it down to this one. As far as I have seen, everyone has a different understanding. Who can varify what anyone means when everyone has a different understanding? It's not logic that has to be explained here.

  36. #36
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok well this is my opinion, then.
    Fictional characters are based on stereotypes. They aren't real people, they are made to represent "good" or "bad" people according to the writer's "vision."

    Long story short, if a character is to be believable it has to be consistent. If a character is consistent enough, it should fit a socionic type to some degree. I don't think using the elements to describe a fictional character is useful. You have to consider the character in the broader context of the movie and the writer's overall attitude. An alpha writer is more likely to portray gammas negatively, and vice versa. It's all stereotypes.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  37. #37
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    An alpha writer is more likely to portray gammas negatively, and vice versa. It's all stereotypes.
    In the end you are left with a series of false assumptions, just like this one. I'm not at all trying to conclude a typing of a character, because I would be assuming that my understanding of socionics and socionics itself is faultless or consistent.

  38. #38
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    In the end you are left with a series of false assumptions, just like this one. I'm not at all trying to conclude a typing of a character, because I would be assuming that my understanding of socionics and socionics itself is faultless or consistent.
    Cartesian doubt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  39. #39
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    You are straying from the point: Your reasoning on why the model should not be used on a type does not contain the self-evidence of inconsistency in the model.

  40. #40
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    You are straying from the point: Your reasoning on why the model should not be used on a type does not contain the self-evidence of inconsistency in the model.
    I'm not saying there is inconsistency in the model, I'm saying there is inconsistency in the characters that don't fit the model, so the writer's intentions and attitude should be taken into account.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •