Thread: Julie Andrews

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Julie Andrews

She strikes me as a sensor and probably rational.

Wikipedia article

"Dame Julie Elizabeth Andrews, DBE (born Julia Elizabeth Wells[1] on 1 October 1935[2]) is a British film and stage actress, singer, and author. She is the recipient of Golden Globe, Emmy, Grammy, BAFTA, People's Choice Award, Theatre World Award, Screen Actors Guild and Academy Award honours. Andrews was a former British child actress and singer who made her Broadway debut in 1954 with The Boy Friend, and rose to prominence starring in other musicals such as My Fair Lady and Camelot, and in musical films such as Mary Poppins (1964) and The Sound of Music (1965): the roles for which she is still best known. Her voice spanned four octaves until it was damaged by a throat operation in 1998.

"Andrews had a major revival of her film career in the 2000s, in family films such as The Princess Diaries (2001), its sequel The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004), and the Shrek animated films (2004–2007). In 2005 Andrews revisited her first Broadway success, this time as a stage director, with a revival of The Boy Friend at a theatre in Connecticut.

"Andrews is also an author of children's books, and in 2008 she published an autobiography, Home: A Memoir of My Early Years."

TIME article, 1966

"The most celebrated movie actress in the U.S. eats "squashy and gorgeous" boiled-potato sandwiches and drives around Hollywood singing at the top of her lungs. She doesn't do these things at the same time, but nobody would be surprised if she did. In a town where everybody plays the angles and wholesomeness is something of an aberration, Julie Andrews, 31, is tolerated as a delightful kook."

"The Royal Touch"

"Paul Fischer talks to Dame Julie Andrews about her role in the surprise hit The Princess Diaries"

"Thoroughly Modern Julie"

"She is best known for her clean-cut musical roles in the 60s, but behind Julie Andrews' impeccable vowels lies a formidable will. She talks to Emma Brockes about her stepfather's alcoholism, hitting Broadway at 19 - and the importance of being true to one's vowels."

Academy of Achievement interview - Includes video and audio clips

"Julie Andrews: My dad was a very special human being. He had an innate decency. It didn't come from...he was very bright. He was a nature-loving man. He treated all of us in the family -- including his first wife's other children -- he treated us all the same, and as beloved equals. And, we knew he was special. I mean, obviously any dad to a young girl is special if he does all the right things, and my dad certainly did, but he's the one that instilled in me any true reality in my life because on the one side I had this mad upbringing of vaudeville and touring a great deal and very little schooling. My father was the one that took me on nature walks, took me to the swimming baths, taught me how to swim, took me down to the seaside in freezing cold weather and we dipped in the sea. We climbed the local hills, and he gave me a love of books."

Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

ILE?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ILE?
    ILE?

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    My guess right now is LSE, but it may well change after I have the opportunity to watch the youtube videos.
    LSE is among my initial guesses, too, though sometimes she seems almost too refined and gracious for that type. Did you get a chance to watch the videos?

And does anyone else have any opinions, ideas, or suggestions?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si-ESFj?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost thought EIE at first because of resemblance to someone I know, but I can actually see some strong resemblances between her and my mother. The top left picture makes it look like she has weak ethics to me. LSE sounds good, ESE could work as well.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually she reminds me somewhat of an LSE I work with as well. That is my guess for now. Refinement and grace can be learned easily enough; I see strong resemblances to two LSEs and none to any ESEs I know.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Si-ESFj?
    That is a possibility, I think. Is there anything in particular that stands out that makes you consider Si-ESFj?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Actually she reminds me somewhat of an LSE I work with as well. That is my guess for now. Refinement and grace can be learned easily enough; I see strong resemblances to two LSEs and none to any ESEs I know.
    That is a very good point. She has received that kind of training, that of a performer, since a very young age.

I don't know that she's out to charm everyone so much as when she's gracious it's because she feels that's proper and a good thing to do. Not that she's insincere, but it's not... hm, don't know how to put it. I guess to put it in socionics parlance, it feels like Fe used but not particularly valued or encouraged to any great degree.

She definitely isn't a crusader. Her main non-show-biz endeavor seems to be her book partnership with her daughter, and even that is less a campaign to "change the world" and more a way to be with and do things with her daughter, as well as a way to contribute good.

In the 2007 interview, when asked about her relationship with her daughter, she seems to have a bit of trouble describing what it's like and why they're close even though the bond is obviously good, which may indicate weak (or even unvalued?) Fi. She seems to tend to talk about the "what"s and "what happened"s and "how it happened"s, if that makes sense.

She also admits to being a bit of a perfectionist, especially in her technique.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Julie Andrews

What type is Julie Andrews? (She played Mary Poppins?)

Is she using Fe or Fi?

Introvert or extravert?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drats. No interest?

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-ESFj probably. I also imagine her as some Sp/So 2w1; she brings a lot of that mindset to the Mary Poppins character.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good reply!

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info