Thread: What do INTjs do for fun?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do INTjs do for fun?

..... I figured I'd ask this even though it's somewhat stupid.

In all reality, I suppose I don't actually give myself anything really "fun" to do, and I guess that doing such a thing would bring some balance, or at least more so. Come to think of it, other than online posting (which is more and more tedious these days, less enjoyable...), I really don't have anything to do "for fun"

I guess I should get a videogame or something. I purposely didn't bring anything like that with my to college... but I suppose a vital part of maintaining my independence and sanity will be learning how to properly balance "relaxing" with working on school stuff, etc.

Any real suggestions are welcome
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can always make graphs.

J/K. I think getting a video game console or PC game is a good idea(if you have the money).

Another idea would be to socialize.

Or get a camera and take pictures of anything you want.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a camera, and I have some old video games and stuff... maybe I'll bring those up here again, or something like that. Maybe I could get a game for my laptop, which is relatively new tech wise, so... yeah....

we'll see.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What do INTjs do for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by UDP

In all reality, I suppose I don't actually give myself anything really "fun" to do, and I guess that doing such a thing would bring some balance, or at least more so. Come to think of it, other than online posting (which is more and more tedious these days, less enjoyable...), I really don't have anything to do "for fun"

I guess I should get a videogame or something. I purposely didn't bring anything like that with my to college... but I suppose a vital part of maintaining my independence and sanity will be learning how to properly balance "relaxing" with working on school stuff, etc.

i never really figured out what fun is. but i play with the comuputer, and shoot pictures.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What do INTjs do for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP

i never really figured out what fun is. but i play with the comuputer, and shoot pictures.
    yeah, I know what you mean....

In terms of what other people think/do for fun, I have no "fun" at all. But I don't really concern myself with others thoughts in that regard. And, as of late, my schoolwork has been interesting.

We're getting closer to Kant in my philosphy class...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would highly recommend a hobby (i play the guitar), just going out for a walk or whatever, and hanging out with people. oh, and concerts are fun. i am going skiing with some friends in the near future.

also amusement parks are fun to me for some reason. i think it is dual-seeking/ha related.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm going to get more intense about physical conditioning and training.... if anyone has any good suggestions, sites, programs, etc, I'd be interested. I'm going to make a thread in "anything goes", realated to this...

I rock climb (sometimes)

Pedro: concerts = good idea. That is something I enjoy doing that fits the normal person's definition of fun.

I would honestly suggest getting involved with some sort of extracurricular activity at your school.... I know, I know. I was against this when I came into college, but it turns out there are actually some cool things you can do. I'm in the rock climbing club and now I'm a DJ at the campus radio station (www.wrek.org). If you like music, I highly recommend talking to your campus radio station (if you have one).

As to working out... just do it. Too many people sit around and think about getting on some sort of exercise routine. Just get on the routine, don't think about it. The time to make life changes is now. Waiting only makes it harder to make the change. (I know from experience... quiting smoking... but that's a totally different thing altogether).
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is my first post so at least im not trying to give imput on the types or anything like that, but I would say get some games like mentioned before.

Get a xbox 360 for simplicity and a long lasting "up to date" type of system that will be on a performance level basically.

A computer is upgrade-able and has a wide range of other stuff to do but the price doesnt actually compete with the 360.

Working out, and cooking is very.....combined so maybe you could start that.

www.teenbodybuilding.com

After you get the routine, or overall idea you need to follow then you could start finding recipes to meet your nutrition needs.

Uhhh with all that you can easily occupy yourself. You will be more attractive in your eyes and others. That is a very good for your mind and body.

Dont know what else to say but that is a decent healthy in-home hobby.