Thread: It's about energy

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default It's about energy

Me and look.to.the.sky were talking about this earlier....

And really it's easy to find out who is in your quadra and who isn't. It's all about ENERGY and just that feeling of life and like just that essence. A Delta can profuse their love for me and I'd just be all 'Meh' and not really feel it. But a Beta can say "How is your pizza" and my soul will light up. Maybe not that extreme, but it's just this subtle energy that feels so good. I feel at home.

It doesn't matter what they say or do. Somebody from your quadra could kill 5234 people and be a douchebag, but you'd still feel more comfortable around them then somebody that wasn't from your quadra. Every single time. It doesn't mean that a relationship would always work out or you'd always defend and agree with them, heavens no- but just that natural essence of comfort-ability and knowing and 'Betadar' or 'Insertyourquadraheredar' that transcends all words.

Because it's just this subconscious psychic energy that can't be put into words. When I'm with other Betas, there's just this knowing. We might even be not getting along at times. But I know in the end....they are just my Beta homeboys, and we just have this peace and understanding with each other.

There's no need to drive yourself silly with psychoanalyzations on all this, really. It's just 'Is this person giving me basic life energy or not.' It's really that simple.

You can respect and even like people from your conflicting quadras. But chances are, they are just going to drain you and feel 'iffy' no matter how much you want to like each other, or how much you agree with each other. And it's just this energy. Not really principals. I'd be attracted to a Beta homophobe over a Delta gay rights activists as strange as that sounds!

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YESYESYESYESYESYES
    loveyou.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha has this lovely new vibe. Its very open and expansive. Low limitations, very clear, and its... fun. Its like comic relief in movies. Nothing can ever be too bad that all hope is gone.

idk.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feeling is energy. Energy indicates action/movement. Action is choice- will.

So the choice of which people we prefer to be around is, no doubt, energy based.
    Last edited by Waddlesworth; 06-20-2009 at 03:53 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think there is something to this people from/not from your quadra thing. There are people who I just immediately click with and conversation is very easy (same quadra) even if they are seemingly very different from me (activity/duals).

Then there are people who I just feel rather uneasy around without a reason I can clearly articulate (probably opposing quadra with some SLE's as they supervise me and I feel like I'm being watched).

The people in my adjacent quadras feel more or less neutral- in general we feel reasonable comfortable around each other but there isn't that rapport or connection as there is with other alphas.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So the choice of which people we prefer to be around is, no doubt, energy based.
    To commit to something is a choice true. There are SO many other factors. However nobody ever chooses who they have chemistry with and who they don't. It just happens. I hate even calling it 'chemistry.' It's just a better energy.

And please don't romanticize this as I'm talking about all of our day to day interactions too and all that not only romantic interests.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    (Alphas are also sweet, but I feel you have to hold back, not to scare them or offend them.)
    Funny, I feel that way about Deltas

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I don't view betas as badass, I view our um badass attitudes are more of a kind of friendly bravado we do. I've heard from others that I appear domineering or too assertive or some such, like people who don't really understand me kinda see me as 'stern' and unfriendly at times.

I just view all these like, umm psychoanalyziations people have about people to be quite silly. They don't make any sense. Just get a general snap-shot/objective evidence of the person to find out their type, and it'll never lie. You don't really need to do much focusing with this. I suppose you could. But you'd just drive yourself batty.

Social interactions are innately generalized and they can only be intellectualized in a very limited way. Other than that, it's very weird and messy and crayola crayon-ish. You just end up getting an idea of 'Okay this is clearly working' or 'Okay this clearly isn't.''

It really isn't about your perceptions, but more like what is actually observable. And the 16 different types all physically behave in different ways and have predictable patterns of behavior that can be easily studied. It's not like, somebody just thought of all this crap in their heads. They observed their outside reality, like a scientist does- and just made theories about what they saw. ala Darwin. They didn't just manifest some mumbo jumbo in their head which is what I see a lot of people doing here. And yet *I'm* the stupid one just cause I can be campy, ranty and overly dramatic at times? Oh please. =D

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In other words:

Show. Don't tell.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    There's no need to drive yourself silly with psychoanalyzations on all this, really. It's just 'Is this person giving me basic life energy or not.' It's really that simple.
    True. I wish people would stop the 'he values Ne as a hidden agenda' crap talk, and just look more at the obvious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Betas feel "soft" and "comforting". I'm surprised when I see people stereotype Betas "badass", since I really find them the softest and most comforting of people. I get this "Beta" vibe almost instantly with people, and only seldom do I find myself relax as much with other types. Betas are the only ones who make me feel I can fully express myself the way I naturally do, and not be misunderstood.
    (Alphas are also sweet, but I feel you have to hold back, not to scare them or offend them. Gammas seem so focused it's almost boring (that, or I don't get their humor), and Deltas feel cold and harsh).

Energy, is exactly it.
    I am having a big transference with Mimosa. That is, I am relating her with someone I know.

It is my experience that this feeling of needing to 'hold back' is very dangerous. When you sense a person feels a specific way towards you, you should tell them how you feel about them. They will respect your honesty more than your reservedness, which usually leads to misunderstandings and the hurt feelings are inevitable.

I hope that is clear enough.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Funny, I feel that way about Deltas
    I kinda feel that way with alphas and deltas, seems like gammas and betas can stomach more strong humor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It doesn't matter what they say or do. Somebody from your quadra could kill 5234 people and be a douchebag, but you'd still feel more comfortable around them then somebody that wasn't from your quadra. Every single time. It doesn't mean that a relationship would always work out or you'd always defend and agree with them, heavens no- but just that natural essence of comfort-ability and knowing and 'Betadar' or 'Insertyourquadraheredar' that transcends all words.
    This is a great insight...

I just felt something like this in the weekend. A SLE girl I know and like was behaving as a total bitch... moody as hell and aggressive, snappy... and all I could feel for her was sympathy... compassion... I understood her background and I saw her in the context of her darkness. The understanding meant that I could also see the good in her, even if in this case was mostly potential and not actual.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even before I know (or care) about the quadra/type of someone, I tend to feel attracted to people who belong to my quadra. As compared to the rest, I tend to develop a heightened interest in these people and would like to get to know them better, even before I have a chance to speak to them. I believe that it could partly got to do with the energy/vibes/aura which they produce.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think we should all be wary of people who seem 'too interesting' to us because ime those are people from conflicting quadras. They are different from you, so that difference is intriguing, but upon further interaction you will soon discover you are not compatible at all and you will feel drained/tired from trying to interact with them in any personable way.

I guess there is benefit from interacting with other quadras though. But it does take more of a toll on you psychically I believe.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's how I feel about Calenwen and Cpig. They are intriguing to me in some way.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah Allie, if I simply met more people I would experience that. Although it's kind of an IEI thing to get a generalized snapshot of the person and then try to very generally discover if we'd make a good match or not. (For friends, or for a romantic relationship- or for anything) So I try to use that as my guide even though it's very 'cartoony' probably. But it's just like with me, a little experience goes along way. I know I should probably just 'do more' but I get such a good general gist of an institution or an activity or ANYTHING it's like 'What's the point?' you know. Much better playing the role as the writer/recorder, I guess. =/

I love your posts because of the . Yet I can still feel that you're not beta cause despite of the initial surge of Se that you give off, it's just I don't feel that 'well-roundedness' enough to be in my same quadra. I even like, (don't think this is too weird btw lol) pictured us trying to go on a date once and I could sense the immediate awkwardness. Still you're a cool person and I love the rush of Se you give me when I immediately read your shit. =D