Thread: Taking up space

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taking up space

I've noticed that when I'm in a large group of people I'm always that guy that sits in the middle of the couch with his legs fully extended and his arms over both adjoining cushions. I've noticed that others do this too, not necessarily verbatim but some people tend to take up a lot of space in certain social environments. Is this sorta thing type related?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a sort of "expanding and marking your territory".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Cyclops

I do it sometimes when i'm relaxing within company, but not to the detriment of other people, ie, i'm taking up a whole couch so that way no one else can get a seat.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the complete opposite. I am very conscious of how much space I'm taking and aware if others need room, and, in fact, I strive to take up as little space as possible (so as not to "inconvenience" others). Which means even if I'm crammed to one corner of a couch in the fetal position, so be it. Or if I have absolutely no leg room smashed against the side of a bus seat, so be it. I just deal with what I have and not make a big deal out of it and just get through it.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I am the complete opposite. I am very conscious of how much space I'm taking and aware if others need room, and, in fact, I strive to take up as little space as possible (so as not to "inconvenience" others). Which means even if I'm crammed to one corner of a couch in the fetal position, so be it. Or if I have absolutely no leg room smashed against the side of a bus seat, so be it. I just deal with what I have and not make a big deal out of it and just get through it.
    +2

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact, I would go so far as to say that seeing others sprawl out while in the presence of others is really annoying.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i prefer to take up less space and have other people take up more space.

really, at the end of day i want people to be available expressive relaxed outgoing themselves etc. and if you take up too much space it's like you feel like you need to show ownership.

i'm the one that says i work in the sky. i don't have a job. i'm just me. there's nothing to me. i'm empty inside.

i'm just a hollow worker, doing his bit.

i don't know. is taking up space really that important. if people need to show how much space they can take up, you can just walk away. if they're relaxed, you can take their drink. mmm.. alcohol..