NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Video Discussions

DISCUSSION HISTORY

TOPIC #1

What does Socionics do for you? Talk about the certain aspects of Socionics you find the most interesting and/or useful. Also add in what you'd like to learn more about or what particular lessons you'd like to share.

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    TOPIC QUESTIONS ROUND 1

1. What qualities or parts of Socionics drew you to study it? If you left MBTI for Socionics, describe the experience and why you did the switch.

2. What is the toughest part about learning Socionics? Are you better at this now?

3. Are there "lessons," or mistakes, that you made that would prove helpful to beginners to know about?

4. What do you think Socionics needs to become a more solid hypothesis? Can you see Socionics being as widespread as MBTI in the West?
    TOPIC QUESTIONS ROUND 2

1. How would you describe the way you type? Do you think there should be a standardized way to type?

2. What difficulties make Socionics hard to teach? What is the best way you found to teach Socionics, or, what would make teaching Socionics easier?

3. Since learning Socionics, how has knowledge of Quadra values help you in your offline experiences?

4. What games/exercises/topics have you encountered or thought up that would be good for viewing information elements on video or at meet-ups?

5. How easily does Socionics' intertype relations work out for analyzing your relationships? What is your stance on the thought of people believing they can predict the dynamics of your relationships based just on your type?

6. Do you think types type differently? What specific traits common to your type help/hinder the typing process?

7. What are your thoughts about ascertaining someone's type based on "vibes" or general intuition? How easily do you assign value to qualitative and subjective data relevant to type/Socionics?

8. How flexible is Socionics, or how flexible should it be? When can we be too rigid, and when is flexibility inappropriate?

9. Boxes. Do you likes them?

TOPIC QUESTIONS ROUND 3

1. Is there an area of Socionics the forum should focus on building up more of an understanding of? Or does the general active population need an overall brush up on Socionics?

2. Do you think the Wikisocion is a good resource for learning Socionics? What about the Wikisocion could be improved?

3. What details need to be ironed out to make Socionics more testable? How do you imagine Socionics being tested?

4. Have any suggestions to improve the Video Discussions?

TOPIC #2

Tell us about you! Use these topics to show how you're unique as a person and share facts other forums might not know!

TOPIC QUESTION ROUND 1

What's in your bookshelf? What are your favorites, and what do they say about your interests? If you're not an avid reader, share your movies, video games, any collection that reflects a little bit of who you are.

Original Post:
    Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky
    I originally posed this idea in my video that I posted in the VI section of the forum, but I didn't really get as much response as I wanted to, so I wanted to bring this up in the general section in case it was the placement of the thread that affected its visibility. I was talking about how I thought the best way to type someone on the forum might be through the video medium, and maybe if we can start to gain a good consensus on certain forum members' type from the videos, we could assemble some sort of gallery or collection of sorts that we can refer members in general to observe certain types or information elements/functions being used.

We could possibly pose questions in a form of a thread and have members record video responses to these questions, focused on identifying what information element is being used in what function. I figure they would be a more "hands-on" experience for the forum, since the only other way would be to host something on Stickam, or actually meet-up, both being rather hard to set up.

I don't really see anything inherently wrong with this idea, unless there's just no interest for it, but I know there might be details I'm overlooking. Like, how to decide if someone is "fit" to model, or if it should be limited to responses from community members that the community widely agrees on a typing or not. I'm hoping that this might catch the interest of other people and can bounce ideas to make this a realistic and plausible idea to actually put into action, so definitely share your thoughts about this, especially if you have the means to make videos
    Last edited by Mattie; 06-29-2009 at 02:33 AM.