from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao @ him being cheerful.

Sirena come ON... all your friends (I'm assuming he's your friend) seem SO CLEARLY DELTA to me! YOU ARE AN IEE!!!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Lmao @ him being cheerful.

Sirena come ON... all your friends (I'm assuming he's your friend) seem SO CLEARLY DELTA to me! YOU ARE AN IEE!!!
    Seriously. That first picture of both of them makes it blatantly clear.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj Ni??
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid posturing.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why, yes Sirena! I would love to help you with VI.

Sirena is Fi-ENFp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    ESTj
    +1. Most likely Te subtype.

On a side note, he seems to have only one facial expression.....lol.....

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I was thinking that or ENTp.
    wtf?

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got a problem?
    Basically, Yes.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Glam, you're too cute to argue with, yet I am still feeling feisty.

Fight me.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, what I thought was LSI. And it was mainly the seventh picture that sort of seemed like LSI.

Anyway, my naked impressions of the pictures:

1 - hard, dead look, with elements of "I'm so tough, don't mess with me"

2 - hard, dead, sociopathic look that doesn't seem to be trying to convey the "I'm so tough"ness as much, but that is oddly similar to the sort of look in the eyes of that ex-bf you posted pictures of once.

3 - similar to 2

4 - I can see elements of trying to project the "MTV version of himself" (as I've decided to call it).

5 - Maybe trying to look a way that he thought was "cool" and "hip" that really isn't, an Fe DS fail?

6 - The culmination of the MTV "I'm so gangsta cool" look. Partially able to pull it off, but people like Lenny Kravitz can do it so much better and make it look natural.

7 - What I feel is the most natural presentation. No emotional expression, nothing at all... but the people he's with are quite expressive seemingly... and I was thinking perhaps he gravitates towards such people because he's wound up in a tight inexpressive ball, wanting to connect with outward emotionality deep inside, but typically not doing so. It seems like a need for someone to set up an interaction or environment where he can get warmed up and sort of "let it all out" as though if someone infused him with enough then he might start being more open, but just hangs back on "empty" in the meantime, helpless.

8 - Least dead/emotionless looking one. But I also sort of see it as trying to put forth some kind of Fe, and feeling a bit more safe/confident (?) to do so, because he isn't trying to put out the tough look. So it's more emotionally open, but it does look "not natural" in a way as well.

9 - Struck suspended in between his tough MTV persona and the more natural look in picture #7... Seems to almost be feeling more "comfortable" and "confident" in being a little more open and revealing of vulnerability.

---

Edit: this isn't to say I think he *is* LSI, it's just sort of my impressions off of pictures.
    Last edited by marooned; 06-18-2009 at 04:54 PM.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Definitely low Fe. Tempted to say LSI. Gotta be some logical type, probably introverted.

But as a rule I don't rely on VI.
    Then we certainly appreciate your comments and overall participation in this thread and sub-forum.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But as a rule I don't rely on VI.
    infidel!
    ILE "Searcher"

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is 100% certainty required for every post one makes? Must I already be an expert in order to participate in a conversation?
    No, but I always find it amusing and somewhat contradictory whenever someone basically says "i don't rely on VI and/or I am skeptical of VI and do not promote it's use as a primary tool for typing, yet here I am in a VI thread in a VI sub-forum where VI is promoted as a primary tool for typing to offer my VI impressions."

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deadpan expressionless is not "typical" of LSIs in the slightest, as Fe super-ids, they most often appear Fe receptive with their facial expressions. This guy does not. Trying to look cool also has nothing to do with Fe. The slightly "controling", tough guy machismo act or natural demeanor is largely an EJ-Si-ST phenomenon (Schwarzenegger, Ezra and Tom are good examples). Loki's comments are shit and not even s/he could commit to an opinion even after going through the trouble of typing and posting such a useless write up.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, really?? LOL. Maybe, maybe you guys are right. I have known this guy my whole life and one thing I'm almost certain about is that we're identicals, though I guess it's possible we could be duals. So...go figure! I'd be very shocked if we turned out to be in different quadras, especially opposing ones, so again...maybe you guys are right. Shit, I think I'm done with this socionics thing. Can't seem to get it right and no matter how hard I try, I simply cannot see IEE over IEI for myself. Maybe I'm just really weird?

P.S. I've actually considered SLI for him, but LSE...no way. But like I said, I either REALLY suck at this or socionics just sucks, period.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    P.S. I've actually considered SLI for him, but LSE...no way. But like I said, I either REALLY suck at this or socionics just sucks, period.
    SLI for him is not possible IMO. And you just suck at socionics, but I am here to help. You've allowed JuJu to corrupt your mind too much.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider yourself emoticon jacked.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah Te LSE, big scary Ej-ness is obvious.

*edit: not sure on sub actually, but I lean to Te.

*edit^2: actually he looks much like Tom so maybe he is Si sub.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Deadpan expressionless is not "typical" of LSIs in the slightest, as Fe super-ids, they most often appear Fe receptive with their facial expressions. This guy does not. Trying to look cool also has nothing to do with Fe. The slightly "controling", tough guy machismo act or natural demeanor is largely an EJ-Si-ST phenomenon (Schwarzenegger, Ezra and Tom are good examples). Loki's comments are shit and not even s/he could commit to an opinion even after going through the trouble of typing and posting such a useless write up.
    I personally saw his attempts at looking tough as in the way of clarity regarding what type he could be because it does not seem like a natural presentation. And his reasons for (and what led to) trying to put up that sort of appearance are unknown to me.

Futhermore, to commit to an opinion off of pictures is imo, ridiculous. I can't possibly commit to an opinion by looking at pictures (I believe that this would significantly miss the depth of who people actually are, even if "pictures are worth 1000 words" or whatever).

I was essentially giving my impressions, because if you don't give your impressions, what is the point in trying to VI? Saying "LSE" and leaving it at that seems even worse to me (even if he is in fact Delta ST).

Furthermore, to say that all Fe super-ids will be one way with their facial expressions, while all Fe super-egos will be another seems like it's too simple. Personally I thought he did look receptive to Fe, where as I would see Fe super-ego as more "get it away from me" regarding it.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact, I know almost nothing about Sirena, but she looks SOOOOO Fe ISFp that I suggest her to think about it a little bit
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI for him is not possible IMO. And you just suck at socionics, but I am here to help. You've allowed JuJu to corrupt your mind too much.
    Well then, LSE simply isn't either. For his type, I would only reasonably consider SLI, IEI, LSI.

The two of us are sooo similar in many ways, yet one difference I've noticed is that he tends to be more optimistic and I more pessimistic. He seems to only focus (at least expressively) on things turning out positively if it's something he believes in, whereas I tend to dwell on the possible negative consequences. And I'm not referring to practical matters here, at all. Our conversations and overall interactions largely focus on abstract things like feelings and spirituality. Neither one of us seem very connected to "the real world". We're both extremely romantic and idealistic, believing that love conquers all and fuck everything else, etc. Lots of philosophical discussions about soul mates, "true love" and all that. He's not externally expressive, it's true, at least not at first sight, but neither am I most of the time. Am I some sort of ST too??? At first look I can very much seem closed off and intimidating, unreachable...because I keep myself hidden inside, which is where I remain most of the time if not all. I wouldn't say I typically radiate some sort of "glow" you associate with NFs. His world is also internal and seems full of all the totally impractical musings mine is filled with. We only let very few people in, including each other.

Can't stress enough that he is NOT LSE. He might be Delta and I might be wrong in my IEI self-typing, but that is one thing I am sure of.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Loki, I found your posts very helpful, so don't let DeAnte make you feel otherwise. I appreciate the time you put into explaining your impression as thoroughly as you did.

Thanks to everyone else for their opinion also!

Creepy-Cyclops

It's interesting you mention INFp. To me he looks like he's in touch with his emotional side, but overall tries to look tough, hard, sort of thing. I could be completely wrong, but, i'm only giving my opinion from a 'VI' point of view. He looks like he tries to be tough but could cry easily, sort of like he values Se but is quite an emotional chap, in this instance emotion being Fe.

Although he looks as he does, Ni base, sort of glazed look, for want of an expression, is there.

I think the sort of thing i'm eluding to could fit a male INFp quite well, possibly someone, ie a guy, who's also aware of male sex stereotypes so has to be tough with that, a certain amount of perhaps feeling he has to go to some complicance with gender expectations. So INFp is plausable from his picture.

Also, he has in a way, some sort of look about him which reminds me of strrrng.

Hmm, sorry if any of this is wrong, but it's a VI thread and those are my thoughts, and on it, INFp I would say, fwiw.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It's interesting you mention INFp. To me he has looks like he's in touch with his emotional side, but tries to look tough, hard, sort of thing. I could be completely wrong, but, i'm only giving my opinion from a 'VI' point of view. He looks like he tries to be tough but could cry easily, sort of like he values Se but is quite an emotional chap, in this instance emotion being Fe.

Although he looks as he does, Ni base, sort of glazed look, for want of an expression, is there.

I think the sort of thing i'm eluding to could fit a male INFp quite well, possibly someone, ie a guy, who's also aware of male sex stereotypes so has to be tough with that. So INFp is plausable from his picture.

Also, he has in a way, some sort of look about him which reminds me of strrrng.

Hmm, sorry if any of this is wrong, but it's a VI thread and those are my thoughts, and on it, INFp I would say, fwiw.
    You've described him almost perfectly, actually. I think you hit the nail on the head with why he would come off as trying to look tougher than say, me. He is usually off in another world, as am I and people frequently have to snap us both out of it, lol. He is a very, very emotional person, which I don't think everyone understands. It's why we're so comfortable around each other.

LOL, I had the exact same thought about some of his pics reminding me of strrrng and I find it comical that strrrng can be so adverse to some of these things he makes such a point to speak out about (ie. posturing). Sounds like defensiveness every time he mentions this, lol. I wonder if it's just painful to see in others what you abhor in yourself? Your own weaknesses? Hmmmm.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^lol.

Actually, I think IEI is an interesting suggestion as well.

especially given this:
    He is usually off in another world, as am I and people frequently have to snap us both out of it, lol. He is a very, very emotional person
    I mean if he's trying to look "tough" and "hard" to cover his vulnerable side in an environment where you need to be "tough" then that could make sense with Se DS (or HA).

I'm just not sure why he's coming off the way he is in some of those pictures.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE, IEI..?

You are all hopeless.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    How can you find this guy's looks similar to the looks of Strrrng? Compare with Strrrng in this picture, for example :

LMAO

Love!

On the typing side of things obviously -- okay, there is like little to zero chance of him being either LSI OR IEI! IEI, no matter how 'tough' they might try to appear... you can always see through into their heartfelt, gooey core. When they try to look tough also, it's more endearing than scary. I, like Mimosa Pudica said, would NEVER want to be friends with this guy. Jeezus, he looks so deadpan all the time and humourless.

LSIs - NO! Okay, just because someone is "ST" or whatever dichotomy you wanna use, does NOT mean they will be tough looking. Fe seeking leads LIIs and LSIs to usually smile and try to emotionally expressive in posed pictures. I DEFINITELY have noticed this pattern in my real life LSI friends. They are extremely outwardly friendly, exuberant, smiley in pictures. Rarely, if ever deadpan like this -___-.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

Actually, I think IEI is an interesting suggestion as well.

especially given this:

I mean if he's trying to look "tough" and "hard" to cover his vulnerable side in an environment where you need to be "tough" then that could make sense with Se DS (or HA).

I'm just not sure why he's coming off the way he is in some of those pictures.
    Hmmm, let's see...he doesn't walk around acting all tough and being an asshole, if that's what you mean. I think it's more subconsciously ingrained in gender stereotypes than that and not that obviously apparent. He does, to some extent, try to hide how much his world revolves around his feelings, but who doesn't! Especially if you know just how vulnerable you really are, you are not just going to put your vulnerability out there for anyone to step on. I mean, geez, I sure as hell don't. It's one of the reasons I can come off as aloof sometimes and even a bitch at other times. Defense mechanisms ftw!

Actually, maybe I do question myself too much, because the more I think about it, there isn't much of a chance he is an ST at all. I've been around STs plenty and it's a totally different vibe. I sense the same deep sensitivity in him as in myself and he identifies himself in terms of feelings. And by deep I mean in the "still waters run deep" kind of way. And again...abstract, romantic ideals ARE his focus in life. You should see us together, whether in person or in writing, it's like we're constantly suspended in some parallel universe or something.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say....FUCK SOCIONICS! lol hmm

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mimosa: Thanks for going through the trouble of pointing this out and posting the two descriptions. You make valid points, so I thought I'd go through both descriptions and bold the parts I relate to from each. Also, I've underlined the parts that are so NOT me that you could say they are an antithesis to my personality.

IEI-Fe
    Ethical subtype: (The Diplomat)
    (Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) The ethical subtype provides the impression of a soft, charming and emotional person. Usually look inspired and optimistic. Possess a fine sense of humor allowing them to list their problems and failures while smiling. Are ironic, crafty, unpredictably and inconsistent in behaviour and conversation. Creating original contrasts, they can unexpectedly prick and then just as quickly embrace/kiss. Artistic and charming; are eloquent in dialogue, occasionally portraying shades of familiarity and impudence. They’re generally affable, kind and careful. Easily draw attention and thereby attract people; talent towards persuasion: states requests in such a manner that it is difficult to refuse them. Movements are graceful as is their gait. Speech is emotional, rich with shades, sometimes melodious.

(Victor Gulenko) Flatters and is charming and communicable. If they see negative emotions in the people around them, they will try to arrange things so that people will calm down. They will mobilize well in dangerous situations. Loves to be in the centre of attention and dramatize proceedings, possesses a sense of humour. They easily manipulate by intonation and voice; can work successfully as a journalist --- They easily succeed in enticing the person they talk to. Outwardly they can appear extravagant; frequently takes a bohemian and bright form.

(Sexual behaviour) Strongly emotional and they express their emotions easily. Are coquettish, enticing, and dress with taste. The aesthetes in relations, they value good manners. Know how to provoke their partner’s initiative. Usually remain diplomatic but sometimes become capricious, exacting and easily agitated, however they are easily appeased. Love sexual games and prolonged preparations. Need a strong, loyal, practical, sensitive and initiative-taking partner; and sufficient support in their lives.

Retrieved from "http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEI_subtypes"

Quote:
    IEE-Fi
    Ethical subtype: (The Improvisator)
    (Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) The ethical subtype is artistic, impatient and a little extravagant. Unpredictability rules their actions and statements. Like to surprise/entertain friends, in which case even insignificant events can present them with sensations. Frequently the soul of the company, they’re self-assured with a good sense of humor, are easy to get along with and very impulsive. Are able to create familiar (i.e. home) conditions of dialogue, even among unfamiliar people. Willingly pay compliments while admiring (and being admired by) friends. Optimistic and friendly, charming and coquettish, they give the impression of theatricality. When focusing directly on something or someone they rarely blink. Their movements are sharp and resolute, their gait prompt and assured, though a little angular. Love originality and dress tastefully with the purpose of making an impression.

(Victor Gulenko) Sees in people their concealed gravities and attachments. Prefers to work on a short psychological distance (unlike the other subtype). They love to give advice, and they gravitate towards psychoanalysis, in this case counts on manifestation in people of their positive qualities. They can stand up for others, defending their interests, but find it difficult to stand up for themselves. Is outwardly more frequently thin and elegant. In their clothing, they prefer comfort and soft colours.

(Sexual behaviour) Emotional and affectionate, they are optimistic and initiative taking. Inclined to uniquely express emotions. Erotically inventive when positively reinforced by their partner. Tendency to lose restraint when angry means they need a reasonable and patient partner; then they become natural, sincere and direct in their emotional expression. Need someone that intrigues by reticence, acts unsure of him/herself. Take pleasure in being the leader in relations and skillfully attaining reciprocity. Stable relations require someone energetic, reliable, with business sense and the ability to know how to explain things.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, I had the exact same thought about some of his pics reminding me of strrrng
    No fucking way.

Your guy vs. Nick = no comparison. They are nothing alike.

Speech is emotional, rich with shades, sometimes melodious.
    I see this with IEIs, but I have yet to see it with you.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    If he's an ethical, I'd say he's ESI. Is that possible?
    Nope, I wouldn't say so. Fi leading, not very likely, as well as rational.

Honestly, I feel pretty strongly that we are in the same quadra (whatever that may be), and more than likely are identicals. I flinch at his weaknesses with self-embarassment because they are mine also. We're like soulmates. Dunno, this is probably the only person in the world I can say this with confidence about.

Errr, guess maybe I should point out that most of the pics are taken either the day before or the day of my departure (some are at the airport) and needless to say we were both dwelling on the coming pain and misery of missing each other. We're so much a part of each other it hurts to be apart. So, maybe that explains his oh-so-gloomy expression. I don't know about anyone else, but I can look sort of pissed when I'm sad.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're like soulmates. Dunno, this is probably the only person in the world I can say this with confidence about.
    Oh Fuck you then.

What am I, chopped liver?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on a completely unrelated side note: the title of this thread is bugging me to no end, as i forgot to capitalize it! lol

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Fuck you then.

What am I, chopped liver?
    you are.......the new pheadrus?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I see this with IEIs, but I have yet to see it with you.
    k, thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast