Thread: The Wire tv series

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Wire tv series

anyone see this, have thoughts? i am through the third season.
    asd

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been discussing the types of characters with my roommate. I've only seen the first season.

McNulty: logical. my roommate thinks ILE. Maybe LIE?
    Rawls: SLE, duh
    Daniels: LSI, maybe LII
    Greggs: LSE
    Freamon: some type
    Avon Barksdale: SEE?
    Stringer Bell: ILI
    Bubs: SEI
    D'Angelo: not sure.
    Omar: ESI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one else watches this??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avon Barksdale: LSI i think. Definitely an Se type, but also generally fairly reserved, and calm, paranoid, but i think that comes with the territory.

Stringer Bell: LIE, EIE, LSE. Definitely an extrovert. Totally the brains of the operation, and the public face of Barksdale's money. He's very charming and interesting and classy despite being a gangster deep down. I don't think ILI at all.

Lester Freamon: Not Ne. Exudes a certain knowing cool. Not outlandish with bright new ideas, also finds people helps 'guide' them in this infinite wisdom sort of way, SLI/SEI/IEI, god, very much an IP type, seems to take on a parental role for a lot of the younger cops.

Bubs: SEI, yeah, good call.

Omar: EIE. without a fucking doubt. Loves to leave his mark, to have a special way of doing things that stands out, also obsessed by his personal sense of justice. ESI? Not a chance.

Greggs: totally LSE. good call.

rawls: yeah SLE, or SEE, totally. Loves to berate others, and LOVES brow-beating people, typical of people with out of control Se.

Daniels!!! total fucking LII, poss. even LSI. He rules. Calm, deeply interrogative, piercing sense of justice in the face of politics. You don't see much Se from him really, he seems very Ti-dominant. He lacks a very aggressive character, but solves this by being completely righteous and not betraying his principles(which is a central conflict with his character).

McNulty: ILE might not be a bad guess!
    Last edited by heath; 04-20-2010 at 06:38 PM.
    asd

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the whole show like two years ago, so I don't remember a lot of the names.

I think McNulty is probably ILE. On a side note, the actor who played him is British and another fine example of a British actor doing a flawless American accent.

Avon is EIE I think....

Stringer Bell is probably LSE

Marlo is LSI

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched a couple episodes, but I was high as fuck and with a bunch of Te/Fi people, so I was on edge.

Also, the show seemed Gamma.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    Avon Barksdale: LSI i think. Definitely an Se type, but also generally fairly reserved, and calm, paranoid, but i think that comes with the territory.
    Yes, definitely ego. Other than that I don't really have a strong opinion.

Stringer Bell: LIE, EIE, LSE. Definitely an extrovert. Totally the brains of the operation, and the public face of Barksdale's money. He's very charming and interesting and classy despite being a gangster deep down. I don't think ILI at all.
    ok, I would also consider LIE. Basically I see him as a very cautious and thoughtful person who complements Barksdale's impatience. Also, his role in money management and interest in economics should say something for . How is being "classy" or "interesting" relevant?

Lester Freamon: Not Ne. Exudes a certain knowing cool. Not outlandish with bright new ideas, also finds people helps 'guide' them in this infinite wisdom sort of way, SLI/SEI/IEI, god, very much an IP type, seems to take on a parental role for a lot of the younger cops.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with being "IP". The way I see it, he uses his experience to find clever ways of dealing with situations. Like he was the first to realize that they could lie about someone monitoring the wire.

Omar: EIE. without a fucking doubt. Loves to leave his mark, to have a special way of doing things that stands out, also obsessed by his personal sense of justice. ESI? Not a chance.
    ok, "personal sense of justice" sounds a lot more like ESI than EIE. He also has very high ethical standards in general, loyalty to his boyfriend/friends, etc.

rawls: yeah SLE, or SEE, totally. Loves to berate others, and LOVES brow-beating people, typical of people with out of control Se.
    Yeah, he's a "bad" kind of leading type.

Daniels!!! total fucking LII, poss. even LSI. He rules. Calm, deeply interrogative, piercing sense of justice in the face of politics. You don't see much Se from him really, he seems very Ti-dominant. He lacks a very aggressive character, but solves this by being completely righteous and not betraying his principles(which is a central conflict with his character).
    Yeah, the main reason I would say LSI is because of how he's supposed to be very focused on career advancement. He's a pretty 1-dimensional character in general.

Why does ILE make sense for McNulty? Of course there is the fact that he's a total jerk, lol.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really believe in typing fictional characters but since this is one of my top five favourite series evah, I'll make a semi-lighthearted guess at some types. Done quickly and out of memory.

Jimmy McNulty Homicide Detective ENTp
    Chris Partlow Drug organization chief enforcer ISFj
    Frank Sobotka Union secretary-treasurer ESFj
    Spiros "Vondas" Vondopoulos Organized Crime Underboss ESFp
    Norman Wilson Mayoral Deputy Chief of Staff ISTp
    Dennis "Cutty" Wise Youth boxing instructor ISTj
    Duquan "Dukie" Weems Corner boy ESTj
    William Rawls Police Commissioner ESTp
    Idris Elba Russell "Stringer" Bell Drug Kingpin ESTj
    Ervin Burrell Police Commissioner ESFp
    Tommy Carcetti Mayor of Baltimore ESFj
    Ellis Carver Western District Sergeant in Charge INFj
    D'Angelo Barksdale Drug organization crew chief INTj
    Avon Barksdale Drug Kingpin ISFj
    Marlo Stanfield Drug Kingpin ESTp
    Michael Steintorf Mayoral Chief of Staff ENFj
    Augustus Haynes City Desk Editor of The Baltimore Sun ENFp
    Maurice Levy Defense attorney ENTp
    Thomas "Herc" Hauk Defense investigator ENTj
    Rhonda Pearlman Assistant State's Attorney in charge of Violent Crimes ESFp
    Scott Templeton General Assignments Reporter atThe Baltimore Sun Metro Desk ISFp
    Felicia "Snoop" Pearson Drug organization enforcer ESTp
    Lester Freamon Major Case Unit Detective ISFp (of this one I feel very strongly)
    Bunk Moreland Homicide Detective INFp
    Cedric Daniels Deputy Commissioner for Operations INTj
    Bubbles Soup kitchen volunteer and newspaper vendor INFp
    Beatrice "Beadie" Russell Port Police Officer INFj
    Kima Greggs Homicide Detective ENFp
    Roland "Prez" Pryzbylewski Teacher ENTp
    Clarence Royce Former Mayor of Baltimore ENFj
    Clay Davis Maryland State Senator ENTj
    Michael Lee Drug organization enforcer and crew chief INTp
    Preston "Bodie" Broadus Drug organization crew chief ISTj
    Omar Little Stick-up man ESFj
    Howard "Bunny" Colvin Retired INFj

That's not a very good list, but it was a pleasant diversion writing it. I might rewrite at some point. Nevertheless, everyone, watch it!

EDIT:

also:

Ziggy Sobotka ENTp
    Randy Wagstaff ENTj
    Donut ISTp
    Stan Valchek ISTj
    Proposition Joe ISFp
    The Greek INTp
    Brother Mouzon ESTj
    Cheese ENTp
    Nick Sobotka ESFp
    Nerese Campbell ENFj
    Namond Brice ENTp
    Jay Landsman ENTj
    Horseface ESTp
    Sergei Malatov ISFj
    Tony Gray INFp
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 04-21-2010 at 09:07 PM.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mcnulty - ENTx seems appropriate. I can see the argument for both Fi-Polr and Te-Dominant with the way he makes enemies by nature.
    Daniels - LII
    Stringer - LIE
    Avon - SLE
    DeAngelo - Gamma
    Kima - Delta
    Freamon - ILI
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.