Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polikujm Discussion

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Polikujm Discussion

Hi everyone. I am going to take a poll of various items that could apply to me, because I still don't seem to have a hang of my type. Select all that apply. I wish to spark more discussion about it too, at least as much as you can handle.

Such as:

- comparing photos of celebrities to mine, take this new page I found for example Gallery
    - temperament
    - rationality
    - extroversion
    - function positions, creative vs leading

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first Ne should be Si. Can someone fix that please?

Also if anyone has an idea to what "PoLR" I have, I'd like to hear it as well.
    Last edited by 717495; 06-17-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with the following is having a bias just for to the following. But I thought it might help.

I also don't find the following that correlated to type. For instance, "focused on interests." You have to tell me what kind of interests *facepalm*

Since these interests are more personal, should that suggest I'm more introverted? Fields are percieved through the self, etc. Even though I don't necessarily know what they mean by that.

bolded is a "kind-of" or "sometimes" underlined and bolded is a "usually"

ILE explorative; light-hearted curiosity; optimistic; focused on interests; interested in ideas; usually upbeat; detached curiosity
    SEI soft, helping; gentle smile; touch naturally; comfort oriented
    ESE strong tastes and preferences; enthusiastic and forceful about likes and dislikes; socialites; emotional involvement; reflect values of community; large emotional range
    LII detached critical analysis; clear and independent thought and worldviews; appearance of self-control
    EIE alarm, dramatism, restraint; purposeful emotions and involvement
    LSI tough, controlling, serious, decisive, tough-minded, disciplined, mistrustful; stand their ground
    SLE forceful; demanding of others; go-getter; not easily intimidated; ready for battle
    IEI wacky, goofy, dreamy; clown; interested in people’s inner life and where people are going with their emotional life
    LIE unbridled optimism; like movement; energetic; opportunistic; like to test limits
    ESI concerned about proper behavior; stand their ground; hard to convince; conservative views and methods
    SEE flair, playfulness; socialites; physical center of attention; hands-on involvement in world around them
    ILI goofy; don’t reveal inner life; interested in processes; passive relaxedness; ironic attitude
    IEE playfulness; tinge of irony; acceptance; frivolous; warm curiosity about people and relationships
    SLI soft blankness; internal independence; hard to impress; not easily excited; (emotionally) cool
    LSE always busy with projects; practical and skeptical; action oriented; professional; active involvement
    EII gentle but have firm principles; demonstrate positive attitude; willingness to share your world
    Last edited by 717495; 06-17-2009 at 10:49 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My guess is LII but I wouldn't discount the possibility of ILE either. Not sure about subtype or what you VI as. I noticed you put Ne subtype in your sig and I can see that working.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See that's basically the thing. I'm not discounting ILE, and having two possible types is where the trouble is coming from. I'm also not that good at self-identification or VI, so there is more trouble there.

Rationality, straight lines, irrational, soft lines. I have no idea what to look for. I don't fit the IJ or EP temperament as much as IP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Focusing on those interests is the wrong approach. The real scoop is why you are interested in what you are. Socionics explains the why not the what.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erk View Post
    Focusing on those interests is the wrong approach. The real scoop is why you are interested in what you are. Socionics explains the why not the what.
    Yes. However I don't have a why, so I was exercising to maybe spark some ideas on why.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    The first Ne should be Si. Can someone fix that please?
    Oh I forgot you can't edit polls. *facepalm*

Okay, the first Ne will hereby be known as Si. If you put Si but mean Ne, you're an idiot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot give you any definite answer but you seem to vi like a Ni/Se. The pictures are kind of bad though so that's up in the air.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The problem with the following is having a bias just for to the following. But I thought it might help.

I also don't find the following that correlated to type. For instance, "focused on interests." You have to tell me what kind of interests *facepalm*

Since these interests are more personal, should that suggest I'm more introverted? Fields are percieved through the self, etc. Even though I don't necessarily know what they mean by that.

bolded is a "kind-of" or "sometimes" underlined and bolded is a "usually"

ILE explorative; light-hearted curiosity; optimistic; focused on interests; interested in ideas; usually upbeat; detached curiosity
    SEI soft, helping; gentle smile; touch naturally; comfort oriented
    ESE strong tastes and preferences; enthusiastic and forceful about likes and dislikes; socialites; emotional involvement; reflect values of community; large emotional range
    LII detached critical analysis; clear and independent thought and worldviews; appearance of self-control
    EIE alarm, dramatism, restraint; purposeful emotions and involvement
    LSI tough, controlling, serious, decisive, tough-minded, disciplined, mistrustful; stand their ground
    SLE forceful; demanding of others; go-getter; not easily intimidated; ready for battle
    IEI wacky, goofy, dreamy; clown; interested in people’s inner life and where people are going with their emotional life
    LIE unbridled optimism; like movement; energetic; opportunistic; like to test limits
    ESI concerned about proper behavior; stand their ground; hard to convince; conservative views and methods
    SEE flair, playfulness; socialites; physical center of attention; hands-on involvement in world around them
    ILI goofy; don’t reveal inner life; interested in processes; passive relaxedness; ironic attitude
    IEE playfulness; tinge of irony; acceptance; frivolous; warm curiosity about people and relationships
    SLI soft blankness; internal independence; hard to impress; not easily excited; (emotionally) cool
    LSE always busy with projects; practical and skeptical; action oriented; professional; active involvement
    EII gentle but have firm principles; demonstrate positive attitude; willingness to share your world
    Hmm, what you bolded and underlined here is eerily similar to what I would would have selected myself. I say its likely we're both the same type.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course my conclusions on this matter are only theoretical:

From all of my experiences Ti is characterized by a piercing, penetrating look. Often when I see types I pick up on symbols of powerful wizards holding very heavy, primordial thoughts in their minds. There is something dark about and it gives a feeling of hidden, elusive mysteries. Often, but not always, a very squared forehead is involved, or the eyes are always lowered to accentuate the forehead- instinctively.

Your look is one of more of an emotional, explorative, somewhat bohemian quality. Also, you do not appear to make efforts to, or naturally form a penetrative look. Your look doesn't say "I am figuring this situation out" it says "I am reflecting. I am searching." There is nothing visceral about you, nothing being conjured from the darkest depths of your being.

You seem to identify with the external world. For example, your hair, your shirts. This is more of(and correct me if I am wrong in my label) an 'emo' look. It is an established behavior. It indicates that you mingle with a specific 'crowd' with established norms, though these norms are on the fringe. This is something I associate with

So from this I get a feeling of IEE.

LII is just very much not you.
    Last edited by Waddlesworth; 06-18-2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: just trimmed some fat

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize this, but Ne and Ni impart their own distinctive orientation to the Ti gaze. Of course like I said his photos are not that great, a little too poised. He does give off an alpha vibe to me too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erk View Post
    I realize this, but Ne and Ni impart their own distinctive orientation to the Ti gaze. Of course like I said his photos are not that great, a little too poised. He does give off an alpha vibe to me too.
    I am having alot of trouble expressing why does not seem right. There is just something very telling about and I do not see it in Polikujm.

I truly can't find the right words to describe this at the time. I just have alot of trouble believing that a logical type would have the kind of style he has. The clothing, the hair. This is just not something a logical type take interest in. This is essentially like an NF phenomenon.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha NT

Not Ne ENTp

Ti ENTp, Ti INTj, Ne INTj

I favor Ti leading.

Unsure of rational/irrational
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Alpha NT

Not Ne ENTp

Ti ENTp, Ti INTj, Ne INTj

I favor Ti leading.

Unsure of rational/irrational
    I just can't see this. I have to respectfully disagree.

This bohemian/emo look is the result of choosing a style which will unite him with some kind of subculture. It is obvious that his appearance/image is the result of a desire to fit in with a specific crowd and it is clear this is important to him. His choice of style is 'tailored' in order to facilitate communication with others that he somehow relates to.

Wouldn't an LII abhor this? An ILE have no interest in this?

It could be that he is still differentiating his T/F and has not yet made a choice. But I think it is obvious which direction he is headed.

Also, I speculate that if he were T he would not be so dependent on the advice of others to determine his type. There is just no independence here.

But then again maybe I am just out of touch with the times. Call me old fashioned. Maybe this is just a matter of personality and not type.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlesworth View Post
    I just can't see this. I have to respectfully disagree.

This bohemian/emo look is the result of choosing a style which will unite him with some kind of subculture. It is obvious that his appearance/image is the result of a desire to fit in with a specific crowd and it is clear this is important to him. His choice of style is 'tailored' in order to facilitate communication with others that he somehow relates to.

Wouldn't an LII abhor this? An ILE have no interest in this?
    Or its not. Maybe he just likes the look? Maybe he has an image of himself he wants to project? Ya know those subcultures are popular for a reason.

Secondly, thats absolutely Alpha anyhow.

The idea of subcultures as group dynamics in which members share an aesthetic cohesiveness with rebellious undertones is totally stereotypical Fe+Si (And not totally unsound).

It could be that he is still differentiating his T/F and has not yet made a choice. But I think it is obvious which direction he is headed.

Also, I speculate that if he were T he would not be so dependent on the advice of others to determine his type. There is just no independence here.

But then again maybe I am just out of touch with the times. Call me old fashioned. Maybe this is just a matter of personality and not type.
    Your use of the T and F dichotomies is silly. They don't adequately described types at all.

He is not dependent on the advice of others he is just keeping an open mind and learning.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or its not. Maybe he just likes the look? Maybe he has an image of himself he wants to project? Ya know those subcultures are popular for a reason.

Secondly, thats absolutely Alpha anyhow.

The idea of subcultures as group dynamics in which members share an aesthetic cohesiveness with rebellious undertones is totally stereotypical Fe+Si (And not totally unsound).

Your use of the T and F dichotomies is silly. They don't adequately described types at all.

He is not dependent on the advice of others he is just keeping an open mind and learning.
    Somehow I am not buying all of that.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol well im not buying that being into a fashion subculture means you're Fi/Fe ego!

(if he even is!!!)
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol well im not buying that being into a fashion subculture means you're Fi/Fe ego!

(if he even is!!!)
    Well I think polikujm would be the best person to talk about this with us.

So, polikujm, tell us about your friends, what kind of people are they? Into the music scene? A 'skater'?

Tell us about your aspirations and interests. What kind of music do you listen to? Do you draw, compose music or paint? If so, what are your inspirations?

As a child, what kind of pictures did you draw? How did you perform as a student?

Tell us about your theories. Surely if you are alpha you have an interest in the sciences? Philosophy? Or do you have a fresh perspective on these matters?

If you have been in any romantic relationships, what were the problems? Were you often jealous? Were you very 'chill'?

I am starting to think that many of you are very young and might even be too young to be making drastic conclusions about type/identity. Of coure my own negative experiences with type theory play into this conclusion.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Archon, you type EVERYBODY as Ti-something.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it'd make sense somewhat for a large amount of Ti ego typings.

What is socionics, but an explicit and categorical model of latent psychological elements that when combined in certain ways create their own self-standing sub-systems and thus explains human relationships clearly and externally?

Sounds like Ti + Ne to me and thats who is gonna be attracted to the typology.

Alpha fuckin NT.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget to give your reasoning for why you do those things that waddlesworth has requested too. Who cares if you want to do this or that, so do a million others all with different types and backgrounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it'd make sense somewhat for a large amount of Ti ego typings.

What is socionics, but an explicit and categorical model of latent psychological elements that when combined in certain ways create their own self-standing sub-systems and thus explains human relationships clearly and externally?

Sounds like Ti + Ne to me and thats who is gonna be attracted to the typology.

Alpha fuckin NT.

It could be that he is alpha NT.

He could just be a young, confused and misdirected kid in search of identity though. And to assume that he is 'alpha NT' without any ground other than some transferences or projections of other confused, misdirected kids in search of identity, might be very foolish and a fatal mistake.

I already see a bizarreness in the fact that his signature indicates he is a type when he is still not sure of whether or not he is this type. Seems fishy to me. Seems like he is confused.

There is no doubt that I am a hypocrite since I am slandering type theory and then simultaneously typing, or attempting to type people. I suppose I just have alot of time on my hands on account of my recent layoff.

@ CONE

HOW THE HELL ARE YA!!?!?

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh im not at all typing him based on his fashion. That would factor in only marginally and was not my focus. I just meant that if we were to go fashion wise, he does in fact look more Alpha.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ WADDY

FUCKIN' GREAT! Great to see you around still!
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just meant that if we were to go fashion wise, he does in fact look more Alpha.
    How so?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This bohemian/emo look is the result of choosing a style which will unite him with some kind of subculture.
    WTF are you talking about? Seriously?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think polikujm would be the best person to talk about this with us.

So, polikujm, tell us about your friends, what kind of people are they? Into the music scene? A 'skater'?
    No. I don't have any friends.

Tell us about your aspirations and interests. What kind of music do you listen to? Do you draw, compose music or paint? If so, what are your inspirations?
    I'm an orchestral composer.

As a child, what kind of pictures did you draw? How did you perform as a student?
    This is something I don't remember/care about.

Tell us about your theories. Surely if you are alpha you have an interest in the sciences? Philosophy? Or do you have a fresh perspective on these matters?
    I have theories. Just ask BlackCat or somebody who knows me online.

If you have been in any romantic relationships, what were the problems? Were you often jealous? Were you very 'chill'?
    Nope never any serious relationships.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF are you talking about? Seriously?
    I'll elaborate on that only under the condition that you explain to us why you have your hair the way you do. What are the influences?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll elaborate on that only under the condition that you explain to us why you have your hair the way you do. What are the influences?
    I like long hair. Does this mean I'm Fi because I like/dislike something?

Anti-MBTI has spawned a new theory. Good luck with that. Really.

He could just be a young, confused and misdirected kid in search of identity though. And to assume that he is 'alpha NT' without any ground other than some transferences or projections of other confused, misdirected kids in search of identity, might be very foolish and a fatal mistake.
    Yes see, I am young confused and misdirected, but that all started when you got here.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are you going to tell me about your cultured background in socionics and how you apply this vice to me being of a certain thought process? Right now you're not making much of a point even though you're trying. I know you want to help, but someone of less knowledge to the situation isn't bound to help anyone.

I agree. I am independent-minded like I am trustful of discussion, but I apparently have my limits.

I think niceness and openness to you somehow means "ethical." For pandemonium's sake, I've decided to stop being nice, and next what will go is my openness, if you do not explain your reasons with more logic, with more connection to the source.
    Last edited by 717495; 06-18-2009 at 05:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm
    So are you going to tell me about your cultured background in socionics and how you apply this vice to me being of a certain thought process? Right now you're not making much of a point even though you're trying. I know you want to help, but someone of less knowledge to the situation isn't bound to help anyone.
    I am of the opinion that you have a Bohemian/emo flare to you. You may not label it as such, but this is how I define it relating it to what I see in the world. It seems that you dye your hair, is this true?

Ti is a function connected with the primordial, with the logos. a Ti as leading is not going to be dying his hair and composing music 'that goes for an epic' sound. Ti is very concentrated intelligence with alot gravity and is very devaluing. This is not your leading function.

That is my conclusion, which could be wrong.

I guess you are ENXP.

As for your comments about my proficiency in typing:
    I am simply trying not to be pretentious like most others on this forum. I am practicing my art of this.

So when I say I am unsure, I am just expressing what everyone else really feels inside.

I mean nothing personal. You seem like a nice, intelligent guy who I can relate to in a variety of ways.

My advice to you is you hit the hills and get as far away from socionics as you can.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waddlesworth. It seems as though you provided your way of typing, which shows no connection to the sources of socionics. I have no advice for you, however. Your understanding of the information elements is visibly fixed to but a few conventions that imply no understanding of my behaviors or intentions. What it does imply is an exact opposite to this, as you believe I have PoLR Ti. You don't seem to think or even wait for a decent cue, rather you judge even more rashly than I, no pun intended.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am of the opinion that you have a Bohemian/emo flare to you. You may not label it as such, but this is how I define it relating it to what I see in the world. It seems that you dye your hair, is this true?

Ti is a function connected with the primordial, with the logos. a Ti as leading is not going to be dying his hair and composing music 'that goes for an epic' sound. Ti is very concentrated intelligence with alot gravity and is very devaluing. This is not your leading function.

That is my conclusion, which could be wrong.

I guess you are ENXP.
    I can safely say that I'm pretty well informed on how Polikujm is. I've known him for several months on other forums and we've been talking for a while.

I don't think he's emo or anything... and dying one's hair is a showing of individuality... which is a human trait and not a type trait. He may look "emo" because he's tired in a lot of his pictures (or looks tired)... and being tired changes how you look. That doesn't make him emo... I don't even know where you got that from. That was totally random and doesn't apply to type.

This is the same thing for music... That really seems sketchy to say certain types would like an epic feel to their music and certain types wouldn't. That just seems like a personal preference, not really a type trait. Not sure how Ti =/= epic feel. So... because of his music he cannot be a Ti lead? What?

From my knowing him for several months he's not an ENxp... not at all. He's INTj. We've gotten personal, talked about personal things, I have really seen his personality show through. I'm certain he's INTj. He is an Ne subtype... and yeah that shows through in that he uses Ne more and such.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waddlesworth. It seems as though you provided your way of typing, which shows no connection to the sources of socionics. I have no advice for you, however. Your understanding of the information elements is visibly fixed to but a few conventions that imply no understanding of my behaviors or intentions. What it does imply is an exact opposite to this, as you believe I have PoLR Ti. You don't seem to think or even wait for a decent cue, rather you judge even more rashly than I, no pun intended.
    Of course you are entitled to your opinion on this matter.

It is untrue to claim that I believe that you have Ti as a "PoLR".

It is untrue to claim that my typing methods have no connection to the sources of socionics. My method is at the very base and core of what socionics is and every word you read from me is born from the programming dictated from a central, axiomatic nucleus.

This axiomatic nucleus was given to me in 2006 because of something that I was doing at the time. The axiomatic nucleus is essentially alive and is evolving, as any organism in the consciousness should be.

As a result everything I say on this forum is formidable and definitive. Most importantly it is formidable and definitive for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    From my knowing him for several months he's not an ENxp... not at all. He's INTj. We've gotten personal, talked about personal things, I have really seen his personality show through. I'm certain he's INTj. He is an Ne subtype... and yeah that shows through in that he uses Ne more and such.
    His physiology seems to indicate otherwise. The shape and volume of his cranium is a dead giveaway. He is not LII.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a result everything I say on this forum is formidable and definitive. Most importantly it is formidable and definitive for me.
    Your typing method is insulting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your typing method is insulting.
    you simply misunderstand it. If I at any point insult you I apologize in advance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His physiology seems to indicate otherwise. The shape and volume of his cranium is a dead giveaway. He is not LII.
    VI can be insightful in telling some aspects of someone... but wtf. Is this your only basis for him not being LII? VI is NOT this reliable or useful. I'd say VI is useful to get somewhat of an idea... but isn't a sure fire way of typing someone. For instance I got typed as a gamma introvert in my VI thread, which was dead accurate. But other than that stuff was sketchy. I got VI'd as ILI or SLI by a lot of people... which isn't accurate.

Physiology isn't as reliable as personality or how someone is. Not at all. Do you have any real basis for him not being an LII? If no then basically what you're saying and your insight is useless.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make me wish my cranium was smaller so I wouldn't have to fit all this crap in there.

First of all, you have no access to the shape of my cranium. I have long hair in my photos. Secondly, you really just don't know how to VI and are using your results from it in a nonprofessional manner. If you don't think I VI as an LII, you are denying that of most LIIs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast