Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: look to my video :D

  1. #1
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default look to my video :D

    Why not, let's make videos more trendy I'm a little self-conscious about my appearance, so take it easy with those comments I made it after work, so my energy is a little low and I look frumpy, but for the most part it's near my natural speech pattern. It's also a little loud, so you won't want the volume all the way up. Enjoy!


  2. #2
    Binky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Burlow, Fryeland
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    VI and what you dub "video indentification" are basically the same arena imo.

    Your (and general focus ) is showing pretty clearly exactly 5 minutes into your vid (among other places), since you asked.

    You're right, we are living in a modern age and video recording devices for computers are cheap and easy to come by. You can by some from Wal-Mart for 20-30 dollars. You can buy some from Target for even cheaper than that. Uploading to YouTube is no big deal either.

    So you want more videos then? I'll think about it.
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter
    .

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You seem really sweet.

    That vid cracked me up b/c I think I am also that rambly. And I use the same hand gestures. ccrreeEEEEeepy lol
    IEE

  4. #4
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Mattie! I liked the video and the video response idea. That sounds like a pretty cool thing to try. You remind me even more of my IEE best friend seeing you talk on cam.

    And you looked great btw!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  5. #5
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    You appear to be very well spoken and likable. The whole time I watched I kept thinking about what a great talk show host you'd probably make, heh.

    I think IEE seems right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  6. #6
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    VI and what you dub "video indentification" are basically the same arena imo.
    You're right, I was kinda punning off that. I just really really really prefer videos, and want them to become a medium for holistic typing on the forum. There might be something to photo VI, but it just irks me to no end the confidence put in it. Videos, on the other hand, I am much more comfortable with, I wouldn't mind at all if people applied VI techniques to this video as opposed to my photos. And I think there's a major difference between watching forum members as opposed to celebrities and such. This feels so much more real and relevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Your (and general focus ) is showing pretty clearly exactly 5 minutes into your vid (among other places), since you asked.
    I see that, I felt like I had a real natural moment there as well. I think around that area you can see that I "live" in , as if that's just the way my brain is wired. I feel like signs of as my creative function also pops out every once in a while. I'd enjoy more of this

    Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    You seem really sweet.

    That vid cracked me up b/c I think I am also that rambly. And I use the same hand gestures. ccrreeEEEEeepy lol
    Thanks! I think my hand gestures somehow organize my thoughts... It's strange to explain, but it's like I project my ideas out of my brain through my expressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    Very nice video!

    The video response thing is a great idea, imo, by the way!
    I liked your video as well, it was edited very well. I'll take tips from that when I make longer more ramble-y videos I would like to get people interested in doing something like what I said, start getting topics and see how different people explain their viewpoints. The only thing I can find as a problem are people posting videos that there isn't a large consensus about their type, as they wouldn't serve as a good model for a particular type if it wasn't obvious what type they were. Can't see anything else wrong with the idea, unless it's just uninteresting to most people.

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Hey Mattie! I liked the video and the video response idea. That sounds like a pretty cool thing to try. You remind me even more of my IEE best friend seeing you talk on cam.

    And you looked great btw!
    Thanks so much Adam! That means a lot It's funny that I remind you a lot about your friend, it's almost like I have some sort of personality twin or something out there Just goes to show that there is a little something to Socionics

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    You appear to be very well spoken and likable. The whole time I watched I kept thinking about what a great talk show host you'd probably make, heh.
    This isn't the first time I've heard this, that's funny! Thanks for the compliments, maybe I'll host Socionics discussions or something

  7. #7
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would there be anyone willing to participate in these sort of video response discussions? Or are there other things to tackle before we would get to this?

  8. #8
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm not convinced of you being IEE, I think you could be beta NF. I don't want to resurrect something if you do not want it to happen. Presuming the purpose of this was that you were looking to discuss your type?
    I'm all about open inquiry, I posted this here to be discussed, and I'd like the Socionics part of my brain to be exercised a bit As for my stance, I really don't think I'm FeNi nor NiFe. If I am, then I'm doing Socionics all wrong. I'm open to the possibility of being wrong, so I will answer your questions as best as I can.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'd have a question, regards on your new thread about forum people making videos, why did you make a list of rules, or rather, instructions people have to follow when they make a decision to make a video on the thread? I ask because I think Ne/Si's would prefer to be able to do something more organic and spontaneous rather than have a list of things they should talk about. At least the irrational ones. It can be viewed in this context for such people as taking the fun out of it, or being able to be oneself, as in you saying at the end of it, 'be yourself and have fun <3' Although I understand you're probably just trying to help, i'm curious of your thoughts on this.
    When making that post, and making guidelines, in my head I wanted to create an ideal environment that would allow people to be themselves and minimize the usual BS that happens on this forum. My guidelines aren't really rules for the people posting, reading them again, there's no actual "rule" for the content of a poster's video. I think, for me, the format and guidelines was seeming more professional and setting up the stage for the desired environment rather than applying rules to be enforced. From my experience so far, it is easy for a thread to degrade into bickering or some other form of conversing I personally find unproductive and overall negative. In contrast, if this forum didn't have this overall bitchiness to it, I wouldn't have felt compelled to write that much. But most of all, I wanted my post to be taken seriously. I personally think you're thinking more of the aspect of valuing, and according to information element placing, I'm not good at replicating even though I want it, and I think you can tell I want it because I'm trying to set up a comfortable and open discussion where people don't have to feel like they have to constantly defend themselves. I think I might have derailed, my thoughts feel tangled and disorganized as I write this, but all in all, my aim was to create guidelines so an open and comfortable discussion free of unneeded tension and arguing is possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I have an inclination to think your natural focus is on Fe/Ti, but I thought to say I don't want to label you in such a way which may be unfair to you at this stage or not do you justice.
    It would be better to iron out the truth rather than be lead on thinking I know the truth. The best I can say to this (because how do you really argue verbally that you value certain functions other than plainly saying you do?) is to compare my style of posting to more obvious Beta members. I think you'll notice there's a style difference. What's better is to compare my video to those who have posted their's on youtube. I think you can start to notice the difference. I would like to help clarify whatever you're thinking, but I don't know what, in terms of information, you are looking for


    ETA: This was moved to PM, but anyone else who would like to comment, or also might think I'm a FeNi or NiFe, do feel free to share your observations!

    ETA2: Cyclops, your mailbox is too full, so I can't send you a response. Clean out that place!

  9. #9
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    I thought I should say that i've looked at it some more, and I was right to be hestitant in removing my initial post, but at same time I appreciate your replying.

    look.to.the.sky, thank you for your reply. It makes a lot of sense to me now (not just on reply but thinking about it more overall), and I think you are IEE now! (woo hoo, ha)

    Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky
    When making that post, and making guidelines, in my head I wanted to create an ideal environment that would allow people to be themselves and minimize the usual BS that happens on this forum. My guidelines aren't really rules for the people posting, reading them again, there's no actual "rule" for the content of a poster's video. I think, for me, the format and guidelines was seeming more professional and setting up the stage for the desired environment rather than applying rules to be enforced. From my experience so far, it is easy for a thread to degrade into bickering or some other form of conversing I personally find unproductive and overall negative. In contrast, if this forum didn't have this overall bitchiness to it, I wouldn't have felt compelled to write that much. But most of all, I wanted my post to be taken seriously. I personally think you're thinking more of the aspect of valuing, and according to information element placing, I'm not good at replicating even though I want it, and I think you can tell I want it because I'm trying to set up a comfortable and open discussion where people don't have to feel like they have to constantly defend themselves. I think I might have derailed, my thoughts feel tangled and disorganized as I write this, but all in all, my aim was to create guidelines so an open and comfortable discussion free of unneeded tension and arguing is possible.
    You know, you did a good job imo, fwiw. And I agree with you're what you say about how some discussions go.

    Re this quoted part of your post: I'm not sure I am very good at guiding such things well, as my "F" is not that well developed. Hey, I remember there was a thread before about moderators for Delta forum. At the time there wasn't viewed so much need for it, but.. on thinking about it now and what you've said, if you are interested in the position of Delta moderator I would put forward my support for you.

    Oh i've cleared out all the hatemail from my inbox now.

  10. #10
    i'll tear down the sky Mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    TIM
    NeFi
    Posts
    1,108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

    Re this quoted part of your post: I'm not sure I am very good at guiding such things well, as my "F" is not that well developed. Hey, I remember there was a thread before about moderators for Delta forum. At the time there wasn't viewed so much need for it, but.. on thinking about it now and what you've said, if you are interested in the position of Delta moderator I would put forward my support for you.
    I am pretty good at at least maintaining a co-operative and open environment, creating one is kinda tough when I feel people are resistant to it. It's a double-edged sword really. My friends tell me that whenever I'm around, there's a positive, peaceful feeling to the group and conversation can go on with minimal tension. But sometimes fights and disagreements need to happen, and I react almost physically in pain when listening to people argue, especially if I see them mis-communicating.

    My NeTi best friend started a secularist club on campus, and one day an Evangelical Christian was brought in to show them "evidence" of Christ's resurrection. And this is to a room full of atheists, some of them militant atheists if you know the term. All I could do was sit there with my face covered as people screamed at each other, I eventually had to leave. My NeTi friend was disappointed and said I should get thicker skin, and I told her she should be more sensitive. I told her I was thinking of not going back to the club because interpersonal cohesion is important to me, and I can't take it when every meeting is disagreement, and people don't mind that they all disagree. I find that when everyone doesn't have at least a respectful relation to each other or focused on the game goal, the process becomes very unproductive and negative. I try my best to avoid situations like that.

    As for being moderator, thanks for the compliment Delta seems to be a rather tame place other than some outbursts every once in a while. I can't say that I'd say no if offered, but I'm not sure if I'm "old" enough of the forum yet. I haven't had a personal conversation with Gilly or Sub, or really any of the higher ups, only some of the mods. Something to consider though

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •