Positivist and negativist types
* Positivist types are: ILE, ESE, LSI, IEI, SEE, LIE, EII and SLI.
* Negativist types are: SEI, LII, EIE, SLE, ILI, ESI, LSE and IEE.
* In four-letter code, positivists are: ENTx, ESFx, ISTx, and INFx, while negativists are: ISFx, INTx, ENFx, ESTx. "x" means that both "j" and "p" types with these letters belong to the dichotomy.
 Theoretical properties
Image:Mark exclamation.gif Plus and minus IM elements are not accepted by many socionists.
* Positivist types have either a static plus element or a dynamic minus element in base function.
* Negativist types have either a dynamic plus element or a static minus element in base function.
 Typical characteristics
1. More inclined to optimize already functional systems of things and processes.
2. "This glass is half-full", "We have already collected $438,000 for that project"
3. Usually more complimenting than reprimanding.
4. Socially and intellectually more trusting.
5. Explains what things are (irrationals) or should be (rationals).
1. More inclined to solve problems in systems of things and processes.
2. "This glass is half-empty", "We need $62,000 for that project"
3. Usually more reprimanding than complimenting.
4. Socially and intellectually more mistrusting.
5. Explains what things are not (irrationals) or should not be (rationals).