Thread: Inter-quadra relations: Accepting vs Producing subtypes

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Inter-quadra relations: Accepting vs. Producing subtypes

Socionics' hypothesis is that relations are best within one's own quadra.

I find it to be true, in my own experience.

Lately however, as I've begun to understand more about subtypes... I realize that intertype relations, even w/in quadra, can have varying degrees of comfort.

For example: almost ALL of my best friends are producing subtype betas... My best friends are fe-infp and se-istj... (my older bro, ti-estp, is one of my best friends as well.) These ppl seem to understand me clearly, without any strain on either of our parts.

I have more strained relationships with se-estps and ni-infps... (not so much with the accepting subtype of my dual, ti-istj.)

Can anyone else speak to this..?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, spending time with alphas is wonderful. When I meet for first ever this kind of people relationships start quickly and are amazingly satisfying.

Alphas live in a different world. Their sick quest for comfort turns me off. Interacting with them is really boring.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool... Yeah, that's my experience too, except w/ beta:

I find the accepting subtype betas to be much more 'traditional,' if that makes any sense... A lot of the producing subtype betas are counter-culture in one way or another, (not that accepting subtypes aren't counter-culture--just that, in my experience, it's a different, more straight-forward manifestation of it...) Sense of humor also seems slightly different... to me, less is 'off-limits' with producing subtype betas, (i wonder their opinions on this.)

What's strange though, is I find the opposing subtype helps relations with identicals... Relations with Fe-ENFjs are much less boring than relations w/ other Ni-ENFjs b/c they have enough of a different focus to make the conversations interesting and eye-opening... Whereas conversations w Ni-ENFjs usually just seem like shitty monologues i have in my head.

i've found that as a producing subtype beta, w/ accepting subtype betas, relationships take a little while to 'warm up'--whereas relationships w/ producing subtypes are warmed up immediately.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't observed this one bit. Firstly, there don't seem to be any traits that are intrinsically derived from being an "accepting" or "producing" subtype; those terms are just descriptors augusta used to better structure the model. The general notion that your leading function will be the most receptive, with the auxiliary working as a support/filter, is sort of obvious to anyone with a rudimentary type understanding; so, inflating the terms assigned to the functions and generating a bunch of overly-specific traits based off of them, is just wrong. And I can't see what would differentiate an accepting subtype from a producing subtype (aside from functions). Like, are there any traits that actually describe that dichotomy? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    I find the accepting subtype betas to be much more 'traditional,' if that makes any sense... A lot of the producing subtype betas are counter-culture in one way or another, (not that accepting subtypes aren't counter-culture--just that, in my experience, it's a different, more straight-forward manifestation of it...) Sense of humor also seems slightly different... to me, less is 'off-limits' with producing subtype betas, (i wonder their opinions on this.)
    I haven't observed this at all, nor could I think of a justification for such a claim one way or the other.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Can anyone else speak to this..?
    Yes, I have noticed that too.

It seems correct that same subtypes share a common (undescribable) feeling, yet I'm curious whether it falls into the same catagory as having a person next to you who wears a blue sweater and you yourself wearing a blue sweater too.

I hope you get what I mean. It's just, you recognize that they are they same 'kind' but maybe it's just the same effect as for example 2 bold people who share boldness and therefor like eachother.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    bla blah
    are you purposely responding to shit i didn't denote or even connote..? (i.e. how all producing or accepting subtypes act... this post is not about that, despite your response.)

you jumped about three steps ahead of anything i wrote and essentially responded to your own imagination, Nick.

... i am writing how I perceive the types/subtypes in my own experience, and am wondering if others perceive them similarly... others say "yes," you say "no..."

i think we may just be talkin apples and oranges here, e.g. you still think gilly is entp in socionics, etc... i think maybe we can't relate re: this stuff anymore (for reasons known only to you, btw.)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what i'm saying re: "counter-culture" is just HOW I PERCEIVE IT, i.e. in my relationships with other betas I KNOW... I'm not saying it's a hard and fast rule, or even a rule at all... just among PPL I KNOW, this is how it plays out for whatever reason... my PERCEPTION. Like slater, I'm sharing my fucking perception

holy fuck, i wish ppl would read EVERYTHING I WRITE so i don't need to repeat myself again and again

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok that is fair

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    are you purposely responding to shit i didn't denote or even connote..? (i.e. how all producing or accepting subtypes act... this post is not about that, despite your response.)
    No. I simply stated that I hadn't observed it at all in my experience. The criticism was of the idea of accepting/producing subtypes affecting anything -- let alone existing as a real phenomenon -- in the first place (I believe in subtypes, but "accepting/producing" is a vacuous descriptor). I wasn't trying to criticize your experience.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all I've noticed is that I do enjoy INFp-Fe subs more than INFp-Ni subs for exactly the reason you described. They give a new twist and it's less like talking to myself.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather not chose to dislike a certain type just because of people I've met, even people on this forum. Some people are just complete bitches, if you catch my drift. I'm sure I'd like any non-bitch, anytime.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I'd rather not chose to dislike a certain type just because of people I've met, even people on this forum. Some people are just complete bitches, if you catch my drift. I'm sure I'd like any non-bitch, anytime.
    LOL!! well-put... this should be socionics' warning label

Creepy-male

mn0: excitingly psychotic ILE.
    schoolfriend: exciting ILE
    hkkmr: psychotic ILE
    1981slater: needs to be female and in Australia

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Feedback: unless my subtype (Ti) is wrong, I'd like to say talking to an identical can be very pleasant, specially if it is much older/younger than you. I don't know many ILEs Ti so when I find one I think "Oh, we are so like-minded, I don't believe it".

ILEs Ne and all alphas NeSi have different goals (if they have any) in life and I can't develop a solid relationship with them.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    ISTp-Si, ISTp-Si
    Two mentions for Si-ISTps and not one for Te subs?

DeAnte must be hurt.

-
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everyone likes producing subtypes more. It's called survival of the fittest.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think everyone likes producing subtypes more. It's called survival of the fittest.
    I seem to favor the producing subtype for most of the socionics types FWIW.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!!

My little bro, Ni-INFp, favors Se-ESTps and Ti-ISTjs (those are his two best friends, anyway...)

I'm not sure that my little bro is representative of all Accepting subtypes, but I imagine that most accepting subtypes have an easier time relating w/ other accepting subtypes--just as I, as a producing subtype, have an easier time relating w/ other producing subtypes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've vaguely noticed the trend; mostly within my own quadra, but the further away things get from identical / duality the more the trend becomes boggled and meaningless