Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Type Me?

  1. #1

    Wink Type Me?

    i've been interested in socionics for awhile, but i've never really gotten too in-depth with it. this is typical, it usually doesn't take me long to get interested in something, but staying interested is a challenge. in my spare time, i like to draw, write, play guitar, and hang out with my friends. usually i prefer concerts to parties, but i'll go with either. i'm not the most organized person, my room is always messy, and i've been told by most of my teachers throughout the years that i don't work up to my full potential.

    i'm a pretty laid back person. people tell me that i'm nice, but i don't really have to make an effort to be polite, it's just that most things don't faze me. i like getting to know people, and i think that they're interesting, so it's hard for me to find them annoying, weird, etc. the only trait that i really can't stand is when someone is constantly rude for no reason. i'm not really like anyone at my school, but i get along with most people, and can become friends with them easily.

    i have what most would define as a sophomoric sense of humor. people have trouble taking my seriously because i'm always joking around, and i don't mind. but most of my friends know that whenever they have a problem, they can call on me for advice, and i'll try my best to be honest and helpful, but i don't like to throw myself into emotional situations. i find it easy to move from group to group at school (i'll be a high school junior in the fall), but i have a core group of friends that i like to keep close, and those are the only ones that i truly trust. i can come off as arrogant at times, but i'm just confident in my abilities, and i don't see fault in that. i would never say that i'm better than anyone else, but i'm better than most people at a few specific things. i usually become more obnoxious than usual (ie make crude, passive agressive jokes) if i'm not accepted by someone, or i'll keep trying to win them over.

    i like amusement parks, especially roller coasters. i like to take chances, and i hate predictability and routine. i hate math. my favorite subject is probably english or american history. i dislike "chick flicks", my favorite movies are comedies (superbad, freddy got fingered, saving private ryan, transformers, etc) or cartoons. my favorite television shows are more of the same (how i met your mother, the marvelous misadventures of flapjack, and recently i've taken a liking to eastbound & down)when it comes to music i like mostly pop punk or indie pop (jack's mannequin/something corporate, all time low, the starting line, the format, brand new, etc).

    i have been told that i have very grandiose ideas about the future. i don't really have an idea of what i want to do, but if i had to decide now i'd probably say that i want to work in entertainment (behind the scenes). i tend to procrastinated or just completely avoid tasks that i don't want to do. i have trouble imagining myself getting married in the future because i don't think that being tied down would be fun, but i guess i'd be open to the idea if i met a really awesome guy.

    i wouldn't say that i have an authority problem, but if i'm given a reason not to respect someone i have trouble acting as their subordinate afterward. i like to be the center of attention, and i like for the people around me to have fun. i have kind of a potty mouth, and it's uncontrollable. i guess around my school i'm known as the weird-goofy-sweet-smart girl.

    if you have any questions, i'd be happy to answer them.
    Last edited by runningfromlions; 06-14-2009 at 12:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What kinds of persons you tend to have as close friends? On that note, do you have any idea of what your ideal husband or long-term partner would be like? Your "dream guy" if you will.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    What kinds of persons you tend to have as close friends? On that note, do you have any idea of what your ideal husband or long-term partner would be like? Your "dream guy" if you will.
    i'd say that most of my close friends are really accepting, funny, intelligent people. i have very few girl friends, most of them are guys and usually they're creative. i'm normally attracted to guys who are really confident, light-hearted, quick-witted and creative. also not overly dramatic.
    Last edited by runningfromlions; 06-14-2009 at 01:55 AM.

  4. #4
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILE

  5. #5
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runningfromlions View Post
    i'd say that most of my close friends are really accepting, funny, intelligent people. i have very few girl friends, most of them are guys and usually they're creative. i'm normally attracted to guys who are really confident, light-hearted, quick-witted and creative. also not overly dramatic.
    I don't think that anyone would say, "my close friends are not accepting people, and boring and supid. I'm attracted to guys who lack confidence, are dour, slow-witted and lack creativity, and are overly dramatic".

    My point is that these qualities mean different things to different people, so perhaps you could be more specific. As it is, it's a list of positive qualities that most people would apply to describe those they like.

    For instance, "confident". Confident in what, exactly?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  6. #6
    Board philosopher or bored philosopher? jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My first impression is IEE, but we'll see... I have two questions for you:

    1) What annoys you more: a) someone who thinks that they're intellectually superior or b) someone who is morally self-righteous?

    2) What would you like more in a person: a) someone who is practical and efficient, and can help you get things done or b) someone who shows a lot of enthusiasm and can improve your mood?

    Jason
    Last edited by jason_m; 06-14-2009 at 03:34 AM.
    LII

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    "my close friends are not accepting people, and boring and supid. I'm attracted to guys who lack confidence, are dour, slow-witted and lack creativity, and are overly dramatic".
    so, you're an SLE?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    My first impression is IEE, but we'll see... I have two questions for you:

    1) What annoys you more: a) someone who thinks that they're intellectually superior or b) someone who is morally self-righteous?

    2) What would you like more in a person: a) someone who is practical and efficient, and can help you get things done or b) someone who shows a lot of enthusiasm and can improve your mood?

    Jason
    1) b
    2) b
    Last edited by runningfromlions; 06-14-2009 at 04:54 AM.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I don't think that anyone would say, "my close friends are not accepting people, and boring and supid. I'm attracted to guys who lack confidence, are dour, slow-witted and lack creativity, and are overly dramatic".

    My point is that these qualities mean different things to different people, so perhaps you could be more specific. As it is, it's a list of positive qualities that most people would apply to describe those they like.

    For instance, "confident". Confident in what, exactly?
    i dislike the level of clinginess that most people would describe as being attentive. i need a lot more space than most people do, and being questioned about my actions irritates me. i like guys who are involved in sports or physically active in some way. i'd dislike being involved with someone who was introverted.
    Last edited by runningfromlions; 06-14-2009 at 04:55 AM.

  10. #10
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I also think ILE. The EP temperament is obvious and I sense an alpha vibe- particularly in the last sentence of your self-description.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  11. #11
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runningfromlions View Post
    i dislike the level of clinginess that most people would describe as being attentive. i need a lot more space than most people do, and being questioned about my actions irritates me. i like guys who are involved in sports or physically active in some way. i'd dislike being involved with someone who was introverted.
    Could you give an example, or elaborate further on the bolded bit? As in, what kind of questioning about what kind of actions, and why that irritates you?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  12. #12
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Total IEI-Fe!!! Wow。


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  13. #13
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Perhaps SEI.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Total IEI-Fe!!! Wow。
    Or that.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  14. #14
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    You sound like an IEI to me as well (INFp).
    Last edited by Cyclops; 06-14-2009 at 06:44 PM.

  15. #15
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics is dumb. You just like typical-acting males like some women do. Other women like more introverted, intelligent less jocky men like myself. That's just your preference. Some people like vanilla ice cream, others chocolate. Some people like to go to Paris for a vacation, others Hawaii. some people want a ranch-style home, others maybe victorian. Some people like winter, some people like summer. Some people don't mind doing housework others can't stand it. Some people like miley cyrus, others britney spears. YOU GET IT!

  16. #16
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didn't expect IEI. Most IEIs I know aren't like that. For example, they're not all out there and extrovertedish.

    However I've never seen many Fe-IEIs, so why not?

  17. #17
    clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kiev
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello, runningfromlions

    1. Why do you hate math?
    2. Can you explain this?
    I don't like to throw myself into emotional situations...
    3. How easy do you protect yourself? Would you like to do it yourself or prefer someone else to protect you?
    4.What do you mean saying this:
    I want to work in entertainment (behind the scenes)
    5.
    i'm better than most people at a few specific things
    Can you tell us what this things are?
    Last edited by clone; 06-14-2009 at 07:32 PM.
    ILI or

  18. #18
    Board philosopher or bored philosopher? jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILE.

    Jason
    LII

  19. #19
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see IEI, but not for certain. Most of what you wrote could be about me
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  20. #20
    The Greeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I can see IEI, but not for certain. Most of what you wrote could be about me
    When I read the description late last night this is what I thought as well.
    Another IEI vote here.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.




  21. #21
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes IEI is likely. But we might need somewhat more information to have confirmation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •