3 42.86%

Thread: Survey: Rats vs Frogs

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Survey: Rats vs Frogs

What's your all time favorite household pet?

I always hear my neighbor talk about his frog and how he's so awesome and does the best tricks, and I'm like, yeah right. My rat can barrel role. Let's see a frog do that without choking himself. Pff, frogs? More like dumb.

Creepy-bg

I've had several rats throughout my life. they make wonderful pets if you care for them right.

I used to get paid 25c for each frog I shot and killed in our backyard by my dad (my little brother was terrified of them for some reason).

yeah, so rats! without a doubt.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Rats are hideous. (Although they might be presentable upon removal of their tails.) Frogs are fine. Vote for frogs. They're neat 'cause they can breathe in or out of the water.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Rats are hideous. (Although they might be presentable upon removal of their tails.)
    that's just mean

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used to keep rats as pets.

definitely rats. their tails are cool. you can just pick them up by their tails
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a pet rat once, and she was cool as hell. Housebroken and everything; I could leave her cage open and know she wouldn't range far or poop everywhere. A friend of mine used to walk around town with his pet rats in his hoodie (they'd go back & forth between the hood and the kangaroo pouch) and they were very well-behaved. But it was a little weird when he'd sneak them into restaurants, so I kept Whiffle at home.

The common domesticated rat is very prone to cancers, however, and Whiffle got a mammary tumor that eventually got so big that one of her feet wouldn't reach the ground. I asked a vet if she was in pain from it, and he acceded that she probably was. So I had her euthanized, and I was surprised at how sad I was afterward.

I haven't been able to bring myself to get another since; they only live for 2-5 years and it just seems too short. I even thought the short lifespan would be preferable because I move around so much and having a longer-lived pet would be a hassle when figuring out plans, but grieving every few years? No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Creepy-bg

my last rat used to pinch my bag constantly lol. I couldn't leave weed in my room because the fucker would take buds back to his cage. and yeah, they do get tumors I had to put her to sleep because the one on her leg was so big she could hardly get out of her cage and move around anymore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    my last rat used to pinch my bag constantly lol. I couldn't leave weed in my room because the fucker would take buds back to his cage. and yeah, they do get tumors I had to put her to sleep because the one on her leg was so big she could hardly get out of her cage and move around anymore
    Hahaha! Yeah, I forgot, that used to be something we rat-owners of Asheville (circa 94-95) would bitch about! Of course we got all our pets high, but that was on our secondhand smoke; they weren't supposed to nick our stash!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Frogs are dinner... so yea....
    Frogs.