Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some insight on my type

Cool Looking for some insight on my type.

Hi guy and gals I'm looking for some helping figuring out my type, I thought I knew what it was but then I questioned it, as well did a friend of mine. So long story short, I would love some help.

I'm never really sure what to say when I describe myself, so let's give in a whirl and if you have any more questions then just let me know.

I am a fairly girly girl, one of my friends claimed I was "obnoxiously girly," but that is debatable. I do enjoy looking presentable as well do I have a minor obsession with Disney. But I also have a manly side in that I like to play sports, not in a league or anything, but with friends. I can get quite competitive. I really like hockey, GO WINGS. That is the only sport I would actually watch on television.

One of my major goals is to make a difference in this world, hopefully by spreading love. After all, Love is all you need.

My major in college is communications, I'm not sure what I can do with a degree in this, nor do I know if that's the degree I will end up with, but as of now it seems fitting. I love people. Meeting new people is probably one of my favorite things. It's always interesting to see how they differ from myself.

In my spare time I enjoy puzzles, coloring, reading and anything that either stimulates my mind, mainly my imagination. I see myself as an optimistic person and try to see the best in all situations. As well do I try to help out others as much as possible. If I'm able to make another person happy then I easily can make myself happy.

In regards to interacting with others, I seem to vary in great quantity. I am an outgoing individual who can enjoy the spotlight but isn't in it all of the time. I do get slightly annoyed when I am in a group and I feel invisible, but I don't need everyone's eyes on me all of the time.

I like to do things. I can get vary antsy when I am not doing anything for an extended period of time. I am impatient as well. Randomness makes me happy, as well does change. I could never live in a routine, it would slowly kill me.

When people tell me their problems I don't always no how to react. Majority of the time I get awkward and try to make them laugh either with or at me. I'd say I'm pretty successful with the laughs.

All of my friends are really important to me, but usually I can't spend too much time with an individual or else I get annoyed. I tend to stick to a certain person and tell them everything and try to spend the most time with them. This person can vary from time to time but they stay in that position for a while, or at least I try for them too.

Umm, I'm not really sure if there is anything left to say, or I'm at least blanking out right now. Any questions please ask. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you would know so much better than anyone could tell you here, but just from the general impression of what you wrote, my guess would be either ENFp or ESFp If not that, then maybe ESFj or ISFp.

That's just the vibe I got, but you could of course be anything. Reading the type descriptions helped me figure mine out.

Welcome to the forum
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

merry, positivist, extroverted, probably irrational... my guess for now would be ILE (ENTp).
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beeyouteafull View Post
    Hi guy and gals I'm looking for some helping figuring out my type, I thought I knew what it was but then I questioned it, as well did a friend of mine. So long story short, I would love some help.

I'm never really sure what to say when I describe myself, so let's give in a whirl and if you have any more questions then just let me know.

I am a fairly girly girl, one of my friends claimed I was "obnoxiously girly," but that is debatable. ESFP / ESFJ

I do enjoy looking presentable as well do I have a minor obsession with Disney. ESFJ / ENFJ

But I also have a manly side in that I like to play sports, not in a league or anything, but with friends. ESFJ / ESFP

I can get quite competitive. I really like hockey, GO WINGS. That is the only sport I would actually watch on television.

One of my major goals is to make a difference in this world, hopefully by spreading love. After all, Love is all you need. ESFP / ENFJ

My major in college is communications, I'm not sure what I can do with a degree in this, nor do I know if that's the degree I will end up with, but as of now it seems fitting.

I love people. Meeting new people is probably one of my favorite things. ESFP

It's always interesting to see how they differ from myself.

In my spare time I enjoy puzzles, coloring, reading and anything that either stimulates my mind, mainly my imagination. ENFJ / ENFP

I see myself as an optimistic person and try to see the best in all situations. As well do I try to help out others as much as possible. If I'm able to make another person happy then I easily can make myself happy. ESFP / ENFJ

In regards to interacting with others, I seem to vary in great quantity. I am an outgoing individual who can enjoy the spotlight but isn't in it all of the time. I do get slightly annoyed when I am in a group and I feel invisible, EXTRAVERT

but I don't need everyone's eyes on me all of the time.

I like to do things. I can get vary antsy when I am not doing anything for an extended period of time. I am impatient as well. Randomness makes me happy, as well does change. I could never live in a routine, it would slowly kill me. EP TEMPERAMENT

When people tell me their problems I don't always no how to react. Not ENFJ

Majority of the time I get awkward and try to make them laugh either with or at me. I'd say I'm pretty successful with the laughs.

All of my friends are really important to me, but usually I can't spend too much time with an individual or else I get annoyed. I tend to stick to a certain person and tell them everything and try to spend the most time with them. This person can vary from time to time but they stay in that position for a while, or at least I try for them too.

Umm, I'm not really sure if there is anything left to say, or I'm at least blanking out right now. Any questions please ask. Thanks!
    My guesses/hunches are added in your story. I'll come up later with some questions if necessery.

My bet would be ESFP at this moment.
    Last edited by Jarno; 06-12-2009 at 11:13 AM.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the creative types, I lean more towards SeFi. Do you mind describing how you act at parties? Especially at ones you know a lot of people vs the parties you don't? SeFi vs NeFi have different ways of commanding and sustaining attention, and it's the easiest example I can think of

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a fairly girly girl, one of my friends claimed I was "obnoxiously girly," but that is debatable. I do enjoy looking presentable as well do I have a minor obsession with Disney. But I also have a manly side in that I like to play sports, not in a league or anything, but with friends. I can get quite competitive. I really like hockey, GO WINGS. That is the only sport I would actually watch on television.

One of my major goals is to make a difference in this world, hopefully by spreading love. After all, Love is all you need.

My major in college is communications, I'm not sure what I can do with a degree in this, nor do I know if that's the degree I will end up with, but as of now it seems fitting. I love people. Meeting new people is probably one of my favorite things. It's always interesting to see how they differ from myself.

In my spare time I enjoy puzzles, coloring, reading and anything that either stimulates my mind, mainly my imagination. I see myself as an optimistic person and try to see the best in all situations. As well do I try to help out others as much as possible. If I'm able to make another person happy then I easily can make myself happy.

In regards to interacting with others, I seem to vary in great quantity. I am an outgoing individual who can enjoy the spotlight but isn't in it all of the time. I do get slightly annoyed when I am in a group and I feel invisible, but I don't need everyone's eyes on me all of the time.

I like to do things. I can get vary antsy when I am not doing anything for an extended period of time. I am impatient as well. Randomness makes me happy, as well does change. I could never live in a routine, it would slowly kill me.

When people tell me their problems I don't always no how to react. Majority of the time I get awkward and try to make them laugh either with or at me. I'd say I'm pretty successful with the laughs.

I can relate to a lot of what you wrote about yourself. I can see you as ENFp or ESFj, you also remind me of a friend who is ENFp. ESFp and ENTP are less likely but can be considered. I can come up with other options but comparing you to people I know, this is what you remind me of.

If you want to narrow down your temperament, you can think of how you are when you're working. Ips are kind of slow paced and have their own rhythm of doing things, Ejs can be zealous and untiring, Eps have bursts where they're full of energy and get things moving but then have periods of downtime, Ijs have a stable pace and can be hardworking but do not expand their energy like Ej temperament.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My overall impression is ESE; I will elaborate later.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say IEI.

I'd type you as... Merry, Emotivist, Positivist, Results, Irrational, Creative Fe...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely not Fi creative.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Definitely not Fi creative.
    Mind expanding on why? And outside of just using dichotomies if you will

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Of course you would know so much better than anyone could tell you here, but just from the general impression of what you wrote, my guess would be either ENFp or ESFp If not that, then maybe ESFj or ISFp.

That's just the vibe I got, but you could of course be anything. Reading the type descriptions helped me figure mine out.

Welcome to the forum
    Thanks, it's great to be here. I have read a few of the type descriptions and I can relate to some, or parts of some, and then I can completely disagree with others and parts of others.

merry, positivist, extroverted, probably irrational... my guess for now would be ILE (ENTp).
    I would have to admit that I can be irrational.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    Mind expanding on why? And outside of just using dichotomies if you will
    Fe > Fi bias is almost TOO obvious. She's either Fe ego or has a pumped up Fe HA.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    My overall impression is ESE; I will elaborate later.
    This bit did sound like possible Ne HA to me:

Randomness makes me happy, as well does change. I could never live in a routine, it would slowly kill me.
    And Ej temperament could make sense overall.

One of the creative types, I lean more towards SeFi. Do you mind describing how you act at parties? Especially at ones you know a lot of people vs the parties you don't? SeFi vs NeFi have different ways of commanding and sustaining attention, and it's the easiest example I can think of
    Alright. At parties where I know people I tend to bounce around and talk to everyone, sometimes be considered the "life of the party," I sometimes tend to think of an activity for everyone to do, such as a game and then organize it. At parties in which I don't know very many people I tend to be reserved. I make small talk with some people I may be around or may have met previously, but I'm still pretty quiet. However, at some parties where I don't know may people, I have an easier time being social when people come up to me, then I tend to be more outgoing and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    I can relate to a lot of what you wrote about yourself. I can see you as ENFp or ESFj, you also remind me of a friend who is ENFp. ESFp and ENTP are less likely but can be considered. I can come up with other options but comparing you to people I know, this is what you remind me of.

If you want to narrow down your temperament, you can think of how you are when you're working. Ips are kind of slow paced and have their own rhythm of doing things, Ejs can be zealous and untiring, Eps have bursts where they're full of energy and get things moving but then have periods of downtime, Ijs have a stable pace and can be hardworking but do not expand their energy like Ej temperament.
    My work ethic definitely varies. There are times where I am go! go! go! and get a great deal done, but there are other times where I am completely unmotivated and put it off to the very last minute. I can be quite the procrastinator.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Say no more, you're an ESFj.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe > Fi bias is almost TOO obvious. She's either Fe ego or has a pumped up Fe HA.
    I don't see how it's "too" obvious, maybe you can point out something in particular that is "obviously" ? Mostly for my own curiosity, because I don't see it. Though, I can see FeSi as a distinct possibility.

Alright. At parties where I know people I tend to bounce around and talk to everyone, sometimes be considered the "life of the party," I sometimes tend to think of an activity for everyone to do, such as a game and then organize it. At parties in which I don't know very many people I tend to be reserved. I make small talk with some people I may be around or may have met previously, but I'm still pretty quiet. However, at some parties where I don't know may people, I have an easier time being social when people come up to me, then I tend to be more outgoing and friendly.
    This seems kinda NeFi-ish to me, so I'll move away from the possibility of SeFi and say it's between FeSi and NeFi. NeFi is my vote based on what I've read. Look up descriptions on these two types, and other similar ones, and you might be able to narrow it down for yourself

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Say no more, you're an ESFj.
    I've yet not seen any reason to exclude ESFp.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe you can point out something in particular that is "obviously" ? Mostly for my own curiosity, because I don't see it.
    "One of my major goals is to make a difference in this world, hopefully by spreading love. After all, Love is all you need. "

But that's only one instance. The entire OP is full of it.

This seems kinda NeFi-ish to me
    That post was particularly FeSi-ish. The whole "enthusiastically organizing fun social activities" thing is an ESE trademark.

Look up descriptions on these two types, and other similar ones, and you might be able to narrow it down for yourself
    Or have a read at this page and get it over with. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I've yet not seen any reason to exclude ESFp.
    Well that would be your problem, sir.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am impatient as well. Randomness makes me happy, as well does change. I could never live in a routine, it would slowly kill me.
    These are not the typical ESE words, though it's something that SEE say often.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are not the typical ESE words, though it's something that SEE say often.
    Let me brake it down for you:

Sentence #1: EJ temperament
    Sentence #2: Ne valued
    Sentence #3: Ne Super-Id

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"One of my major goals is to make a difference in this world, hopefully by spreading love. After all, Love is all you need. "

But that's only one instance. The entire OP is full of it.
    I relate to a lot of what she says, especially something like this, so I found this less distinctive of ego itself. Maybe if it's a main facet of her personality rather than one of many goals/interests, then it would be a more leading thing.

That post was particularly FeSi-ish. The whole "enthusiastically organizing fun social activities" thing is an ESE trademark.
    I agree, when she said that it reminded me more of some of my FeSi friends, but I can't say an NeFi wouldn't do that at the same time. Most of the FeSi I know tend to be more of a presence wherever they are, even in social situations where they don't know anyone, and establish rapport with people quickly. NeFi tend to be reserved until they feel comfortable or feel like they've figured out their situation and can be more themselves, which is what I got from what she wrote. Either way, I'm not die-hard either way, it seemed easy to narrow it down.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1 might then be also for ESE but SEE are VERY impatient
    #2 is EP temperament
    #3 is EP temperament

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a question for Beautifaalll.

Are you a go with the flow type, see what happens, like surprises.

Or are you controlling, quickly stressed, decisive.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    I only do that sometimes, but then I am Si-FeSi sooo... :/

It's possible, it might be a more FeNi thing, maybe I just like to keep the possibilities open Either way, I hope it was helpful to beeyouteafull.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to decide on the MBTI J/P dichotomy? You might have posted on the wrong forum, pal.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to decide on the MBTI J/P dichotomy? You might have posted on the wrong forum, pal.
    First of all I like to know if she's a Socionics Irrational or Rational. I use words that come up in my mind.

Secondly I just checked 'impatient' and it's catagorised under EP temperament in wikisocion, so not EJ as you claim under #1.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Secondly I just checked 'impatient' and it's catagorised under EP temperament in wikisocion, so not EJ as you claim under #1.
    Well hands down, you're certainly a pro at picking irrelevant words and taking them out of context to further their meaninglessness. Perhaps you could do that with each and every word of her posts and see which wikisocion profile they best correspond to.

Creepy-Cyclops

Impatience can also be EP.
    Not necessarily. For instance, LSE's are Ne valueing and they do not like change. Typically, Ne valueing-seeking is a way to look for someone to recognise or realise ones talents, whether that is work related, or for ethical types, perhaps emotional related.
    How so?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say either ESFj or ENFp.

Just wondering, are you aware of people's physical comfort level? As in, do you know when someone is thirsty (even though they may not say it) or hungry and so on? Or is a way you try to make people feel happy or better is by keeping them physically content --making sure the above does not happen?

Or, do you prefer that others do that for you instead?

Or, you don't relate to either?
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reading it again, I'm going to go with ESFj.

Despite the focus on randomness and lack of routine, I think the writing also shows a structure that an ESFj would use.

"I sometimes tend to think of an activity for everyone to do, such as a game and then organize it."

An ENFp would be more likely to make a suggestion or get the ball rolling, but would be less comfortable "thinking of an activity for everyone to do." That is more of a caretaker attitude...as in, "this will be best for everyone."

Also, the description names a few categories that she puts herself into..."girly girl" and "have an obsession with disney" and "I enjoy puzzles, coloring, reading." ENFps and ESFps are usually less comfortable placing themselves into categories based on interests, because they don't want to be judged by "what we do" but instead by "who we are."

The part about "spreading love." and "love is all you need" sounds Fe to me. I'd be uncomfortable writing that, even though I agree with it.

And ESFjs can like variety and change, even though they really are more focused on structure...I have a friend who gets angry if people describe her as "organized" etc, as she'd rather see herself as a wild and crazy fun type of a person.

I don't think ISFp is possible because of this, which is extroverted: "All of my friends are really important to me, but usually I can't spend too much time with an individual or else I get annoyed. I tend to stick to a certain person and tell them everything and try to spend the most time with them. This person can vary from time to time but they stay in that position for a while, or at least I try for them too."

Though extroverts often like to have one person they talk to deeply, they prefer to focus on the wide circle of friends (which would be why she can't spend too much time w/ one individual w/o getting annoyed).

So yeah, ESFj would be my final guess
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

I am a definite go with the flow type. I love surprises but always want to know what it is. I am anything but decisive. Well I tend to be decisive for others, but not myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I would say either ESFj or ENFp.

Just wondering, are you aware of people's physical comfort level? As in, do you know when someone is thirsty (even though they may not say it) or hungry and so on? Or is a way you try to make people feel happy or better is by keeping them physically content --making sure the above does not happen?

Or, do you prefer that others do that for you instead?

Or, you don't relate to either?
    I'm no mind reader, that's certain. I always check to see if whoever I am with is not hungry or thirsty of needs anything, but I don't know it when they need it.

I usually initiate that everyone is at a good "physical comfort level," not vis versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    What's your idea of a perfect life?
    A perfect life, hmmmm, I haven't really thought about that.

Being able to have complete freedom to do whatever I'd please, whenever. To live in a world with less violence and corruption would be desirable, as well as less selfishness from everyone. If everyone were able to just care about others as much as they cared about themselves the world would be a much better place to live.

My perfect life would include me, of course, along with a group of friends that were 100% open with each other. It would have to be an environment with trust and love. I would go on adventures all of the time, trying to see as much of the world as possible and soak up its beauty. I also would want to see everyone's talent. That little something about them that makes them different. I love watching people do what they love. You can see that happiness inside them.

ummmm, this is a hard question. I'm not exactly sure what else to write.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a definite go with the flow type.
    Oke that points clearly towards ESFp and not ESFj.

I'm curious, what was your original typing, the one that you are doubting over?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no mind reader, that's certain. I always check to see if whoever I am with is not hungry or thirsty of needs anything, but I don't know it when they need it.

I usually initiate that everyone is at a good "physical comfort level," not vis versa.
    Thanks for responding. I think with all the information given so far, I would say you are an ESFj also known as ESE moreso than an ENFp (or IEE). Do you enjoy doing the above?

If you want, you can read some of these descriptions (1. and 2. are the most relevant, if you feel they are too long) and see if you relate:
    ESFj: Ethical sensing extrovert - Wikisocion
    ENFp: Intuitive ethical extrovert - Wikisocion
    Some suggest ESFp: Sensing ethical extrovert - Wikisocion

Tell us which you related to the most; it would be helpful.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think with all the information given so far, I would say you are an ESFj also known as ESE moreso than an ENFp (or IEE).
    Is this information included?

"I am a definite go with the flow type."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this information included?

"I am a definite go with the flow type."
    Yes, I did consider it. And a go with the flow kind of person does not neccesarily mean an irrational type. Go with the flow implies many things such as being laid back, not imposing on others, ability to adjust in crowds and such.

Another thing I also considered is that you may be right and I, wrong. So I included the ESFp description as well.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds alot like ESE.
    LII?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And a go with the flow kind of person does not neccesarily mean an irrational type.
    oke I know I'm nagging about it... but it is neccesarily an irrational. it's not only the most obvious definition of an irrational but also wikisocion has it as a typical irrational trait.
    But if you have a better definition, please post it, so we can ask it her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast