Thread: When you've listened to a CD many times before

Creepy-

Default When you've listened to a CD many times before....

... and you're used to the order of the songs, do you anticipate the first few notes of the upcoming song each time a song ends?

And if you do, do you find it momentarily disconcerting when you hear Song X [in a mix compilation or something], followed by Song B, rather than Song Y?

Is this socionics-related?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice this regularily.

And when I'm listening to a shuffle, the odd coincidence of predicting the right song freaks me out every time.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes to the first part, no to the second part. I often put my iPOD on shuffle so the second part doesn't really apply.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in this case the soundtrack basically becomes one large song.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    ... and you're used to the order of the songs, do you anticipate the first few notes of the upcoming song each time a song ends?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    And if you do, do you find it momentarily disconcerting when you hear Song X [in a mix compilation or something], followed by Song B, rather than Song Y?
    Unless I purposefully have the cd on random continuous play (which is very rare as I tend to listen to a cd's/mp3 player's tracks in order) and I expect the songs to be out of order or I'm listening to a compilation cd of a mix of songs, but then I just anticipate and know the songs that are about to come up from that mix.

I think it would be more disconcerting if, say, I was listening to a 2-hour trance set which seamlessly weaves in various songs into the set and I'm anticipating a particular song playing but another song plays.

It's easier for me to just listen through a cd/track list in order. It feels more fluid and seamless to me.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also anticipate the first notes and it's normal to do that. Because listening for some times you could remember the order .