Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 49

Thread: I have finished a free typing site

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I have finished a free typing site

    Hey all,

    Ok, my site is done. It will type you completely free, after you get your results, if you feel nice click on a google ad, i make about 10 cents

    There are 40 multiple choice questions, doesn't take too long.

    You not only get your type, but also a % breakdown of strengths in each category. (ie. 90% thinking, 10% feeling).

    For those who already know your type, would very much like your feedback on the accuracy. I have had about 20 pre-typed people test it, and so far everyone has been typed as they knew they were.

    the site is:
    career-test.co.uk

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got

    Introverted (I) 54%Extraverted (E) 46%Intuitive (N) 64%Sensing (S) 36%Thinking (T) 90%Feeling (F) 10%Judging (J) 82%Perceiving (P) 18%




    INTJ – Scientists and Strategists
    Which is what I most often get in MBTI-like tests.

    This bit is accurate:

    More than the other personality types, you are brilliant at grasping complex concepts and applying them to problems to create with long-term strategies. Since this type of "strategizing" is your central focus and drive, there is a good match between desire and ability. Being an INTJ you will be happy and most effective in careers which allow this type of processing, and which promote an environment in which you are given a lot of autonomy over your work and life.
    As for your list of careers, I am or have been a scientist, engineer, and business manager.

    As for this:

    You dislike messiness and inefficiency, and anything that is muddled or unclear.
    It depends on what you're talking about, as there are some kinds of "messiness" I couldn't care less about.

    I thought the question were generally far better than those in most MBTI tests. I liked it.

    But, FYI, this is a socionics site, not a MBTI site. So I will move your thread to another subforum.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Introverted (I) 54% Extraverted (E) 46%
    Intuitive (N) 73% Sensing (S) 27%
    Feeling (F) 80% Thinking (T) 20%
    Perceiving (P) 77% Judging (J) 23%

    Yet, right below that, I got rated as an ISFP.

    Coding error?
    Last edited by male; 06-09-2009 at 11:42 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    I have suspicion that this might be from a bot, or that we won't hear from this user again. But anyway, here's my results. I always get INTP from MBTI tests, this time I had higher perceiving score than usual.

    Introverted (I) 100% Extraverted (E) 0%
    Intuitive (N) 86% Sensing (S) 14%
    Thinking (T) 100% Feeling (F) 0%
    Perceiving (P) 68% Judging (J) 32%

    INTP – Thinkers and Engineers
    Last edited by Warlord; 06-09-2009 at 12:36 PM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Introverted (I) 54% Extraverted (E) 46%
    Intuitive (N) 73% Sensing (S) 27%
    Feeling (F) 80% Thinking (T) 20%
    Perceiving (P) 77% Judging (J) 23%

    Yet, right below that, I got rated as an INFP.

    Coding error?
    lol the numbers might just be too big for you Gully
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  6. #6
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Extraverted (E) 82% Introverted (I) 18%
    Sensing (S) 64% Intuitive (N) 36%
    Thinking (T) 85% Feeling (F) 15%
    Perceiving (P) 77% Judging (J) 23%

    ESTP – Doers and persuaders

    Career relevant traits:
    • Live in the present.
    • Do not like abstract theory without a practical application.
    • Like immediate results for their work
    • Fast-paced and energetic
    • Flexible and adaptable
    • Rarely working from a plan you like to make things up as they go Highly observant, with an excellent memory for details
    • Excellent people skills
    • Excellent ability to see an immediate problem and quickly devise a solution
    • Like initiating things not necessarily following them through to completion

  7. #7
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    lol the numbers might just be too big for you Gully
    Oh snap!

    I meant ISFP. Lemme go edit that.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey! I'm not a bot!! hehe.

    Thanks for trying the test. It is great to get feedback.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Allie, Why do you say the careers are wrong?

    Actually, this is not a definative list, but more a suggestive list based on strengths in your personality and also any correlations with those types in that profession.

    This is also why I made the voting section in the forum, so I can get some feedback about each type's ideal profession.

    Regards,
    Vern

  10. #10
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    Percentage breakdown of your results:
    Extraverted (E) 96% Introverted (I) 4%
    Intuitive (N) 64% Sensing (S) 36%
    Thinking (T) 70% Feeling (F) 30%
    Judging (J) 86% Perceiving (P) 14%

    ENTJ – Executives and Chiefs

    Career relevant traits:
    • Natural leaders
    • Driven to turn ideas into plans
    • No patience with incompetence and inefficiency
    • Want order and structure
    • Highly developed verbal communication skills
    • Do not like routine, detailed jobs
    • Decisive and self-confident

    You love to interact with people and to be part of an intellectual lively conversation. You respect others who can stand up to you and who can persuasively argue your point of view, and because of your self-confidence and excellent verbal skills, others may loose confidence when debating with you.
    You don’t live in the world of feelings, but can be quite sentimental, even if it is not shown to others. There exists the risk that you could make a judgement based on ill-founded emotions and sentiments which could lead to problems.
    If your thinking and intuitive nature is less developed you can be prone to making hasty decisions which may not always be the best, and another risk is that you can be giving orders and directions without sound reasoning, or consideration for the people involved.
    Having said that, you likely have many gifts which give you a great deal of personal power, as long as you remain balanced in your life. Your ability to be assertive with long range thinking, combined with organisational skills allows you to create plans from theories, and have the personal tools to accomplish whatever goals you strive to attain.
    You are especially well-suited to be a leader or organization builder. You contain the ability to clearly identify problems and find innovative solutions for short and long-term goals. Having a strong desire to lead, you are usually not happy just to follow. Being an ENTJ means you like to be in control, and need to take charge to use the advantage of your special capabilities.
    You focus strongly on your career and naturally fit into the corporate environment. You are constantly scanning your world for potential problems which you can turn into solutions. You generally see things from a long-range perspective, and are very good at identifying plans to turn problems around, particularly problems of a corporate nature. As an ENTJ you are usually successful in the business world, because you are so driven to leadership. You are a hard and dedicated worker, and driven to recognize where an organization is headed. For these reasons, you are a natural corporate leader.

    Possible Career Paths for the ENTJ:
    • Corporate Executive Officer or Organization Builder
    • Entrepreneur
    • Mortgage Banker or Broker
    • Scientists
    • Marketing manager
    • Politician
    • Computer Consultant
    • Lawyer
    • Judge
    • Business Administrators and Managers
    • University Professors and Administrators
    I think the percentages are right, and in line with my Big-5 scores (which are, in my opinion, the most accurate psychometric tool). I don't love the MBTI ENTJ descripion because it sounds too hardass and too organizationally-minded than I am, but I can recognize myself in some parts of it. 80 percent of the careers listed look good to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  11. #11
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I will comment in more detail:

    Career relevant traits:
    • Can absorb highly complex theories and material
    • Strive to create structure from theoretical abstractions
    • Brilliant strategists
    • Strong insights and intuitions, which are trusted implicitly
    • Enjoy difficult theoretical challenges
    • Bored with mundane routine tasks
    • Calm, collected and analytical
    • Very logical and rational
    • Original, creative, independent, ingenious and resourceful
    • Natural leader, but will follow if you can fully support the person and plans
    • Prefer to work alone and better at doing so.
    The bolded are traits that I, personally, do not really identify with, although they make sense, I would think, for INTJ as a type.


    Possible Career Paths for the INTJ:
    •
    Scientists
    • Research department managers
    • University instructors
    • Engineers
    • Professors and Teachers
    • Medical Doctors or Dentists
    • Psychologists
    • Corporate Strategists and Organization Builders
    • Business Administrators and Managers
    • Military Leaders
    • Lawyers
    • Judges
    • Computer programmers/specialists, or Systems Analysts
    The bolded above are not only careers I can't see for myself, but also I don't think they make particular sense for INTJ as a type.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Allie,

    To answer the question, why an ISTJ is suggested teaching maths over teaching another subject:

    Keeping in mind that everyone is different, and certainly there are many exceptions of course. The test doesn't measure education, intelligence and environment, which play crutial roles in who we are, and what we want. However, to explain in terms of type:

    I in the INTJ. Introverted teachers better in sciences as they need less expressive explanations than say humanities, arts, drama.

    T in INTJ. Thinking, rather than working with feeling (which often translates as strength in jobs and tasks involving human relationships). You are more likely to be better at teaching things which don't require more of the human touch, (like Physical eduction, music), but better again in things like maths, chemistry, physics.

    Sensing. Sensing people like concrete ideas and facts, over hunches or feelings. So, again, maths. It is as concrete as you can get.

    Finally, J. You are organised and structured. Hence would be better at teaching things that fall into this category.

    If you were higher in P, then you could be better at teaching say marketing or business, which are subjects which have maths elements, but you need to have strengths in being reactive and at times creative. Things which are inline with the Perceiver rather than the Judger.

    So, generally, ISTJ is more suited to teaching maths, but doesn't mean necessarily that you are, or that you want to me.

    Hope this explanation is satisfactory.
    Regards,
    Vern
    www.career-test.co.uk

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Gulazon,

    You mean you saw all the relevant information for the ISFP? That's no good. I will have a look at that. Thanks for the heads up.
    Vern

  14. #14
    ESTj Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sigh, yet another non-socionics test...ENTJ

    Extraverted (E) 54% Introverted (I) 46%
    Intuitive (N) 55% Sensing (S) 45%
    Thinking (T) 70% Feeling (F) 30%
    Judging (J) 59% Perceiving (P) 41%
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

  15. #15
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've bolded the parts that apply to me:

    Introverted (I) 71% Extraverted (E) 29%
    Intuitive (N) 86% Sensing (S) 14%
    Thinking (T) 80% Feeling (F) 20%
    Perceiving (P) 73% Judging (J) 27%

    INTP – Thinkers and Engineers

    Career relevant traits:
    • Enjoy abstract ideas and theory
    • Seek to understand things by analysing underlying structures and principles
    • Value competence and knowledge above everything else

    • Apply your own high standards for performance
    • Original and independent, at times eccentric
    • Value autonomy and work very well alone.
    • No yearning to lead or follow
    • Dislike the details of day to day mundane work.
    • Not especially interested in the practical applications of your work
    • Astute, intuitive and creative.
    • Future-oriented
    • Often wise and ingenius
    • Have more trust in their own insights and knowledge than other’s
    • Living primarily in their own minds they can seem at times removed from other people.


    Possible Career Paths for the INTP:
    • Scientists particularly Physics and Chemistry
    • Photographers
    • Strategic Planners
    • Journalists
    • Mathematicians
    • University Professors

    • Computer Programmers, Systems Analysts, Computer Animation and Computer Specialists
    • Technical Writers
    • Engineers
    • Lawyers or judges
    • Forensic Researchers
    • Forestry and Park Rangers
    That last career path seems kind of... esoteric to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  16. #16
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Extraverted (E) 79% Introverted (I) 21%
    Intuitive (N) 73% Sensing (S) 27%
    Thinking (T) 80% Feeling (F) 20%
    Perceiving (P) 86% Judging (J) 14%
    No surprises.

    ENTP – Visionaries and Inventors

    Career relevant traits:
    • Project and future oriented
    • Excellent communication skills
    • Natural leaders
    • Able to grasp difficult concepts and theories
    • Do not like confined schedules, routines or detailed tasks
    • Creative, ingenious, bright and capable
    I don't see anything wrong with this, however you should consider either expanding on types like this or perhaps trimming down the number of traits you have for other types. For instance, you have only 6 traits for ENTp and 7 for ENTj, while you have 16 for ISTj and 14 for INTp.

    As an ENTP you are less interested in developing plans of [action] than you are in generating ideas. You are an ideas person, and see opportunities and possibilities everywhere, making you resourceful in problem solving. However, following through on the implementation of an idea is usually a chore to any ENTP, this is because of the dislike of the tedious details required. For some ENTPs, this results in the habit of never finishing what they start.
    I've fixed typos in bracketed words.

    Others may disagree, but it's not the tedious details that prevents me from finishing what I start. It's the fact that I've already solved the initial problem and therefore my skills are no longer particularly useful. Tedious details are part of the problem solving process, and part of the challenge, which makes them fun (if sometimes aggravating). There's no challenge in completing something for which the course is already plotted, which is why I rather that someone finishes for me.

    The ability to intuitively understand people and situations gives you a definite advantage as you quickly grasp concepts and situations with great depth. This flexibility means you can adapt to a variety of different skills and tasks, and will inevitability be quite [adept] at almost anything that is of interest to you.
    This is generally true of me.

    Being an ENTP means you are a fluent [conversationalist], mentally quick, and enjoy verbal sparring with others. The ENTP personality type is also sometimes referred to [as] the "Lawyer" type. The ENTP "lawyer" quickly and accurately understands a situation, and objectively and logically acts upon the situation.
    Also generally true.


    Possible Career Paths for the ENTP:
    • Lawyers
    • Inventors
    • Entrepreneurs
    • Investigators
    • Technical writing
    • Psychologists
    • Photographers
    • Journalists
    • Designers
    • Consultants
    • Engineers
    • Scientists
    • Actors
    • Sales Representatives
    • Marketing
    • Public relations
    • Computer [specialists]/[programmers] or systems [analysts]
    • Musicians
    • [Politicians]
    I'm almost positive that Technical Writing would be extremely tedious for an ENTP. I have no idea why you would suggest an ENTP pursue a career as a Technical Writer. I also don't understand the rational for Photographer.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  17. #17
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Percentage breakdown of your results:
    Introverted (I) 93% Extraverted (E) 7%
    Sensing (S) 86% Intuitive (N) 14%
    Thinking (T) 85% Feeling (F) 15%
    Perceiving (P) 64% Judging (J) 36%



    ISTP – Mechanics and Craftspeople

    Career relevant traits:
    • Have an excellent ability to apply logic and reason to their immense store of facts to solve problems or discover how things work
    • Usually able to master theory and abstract thinking, but donดt particularly like dealing with it unless they see a practical application
    • Thrive on new experiences and variety
    • Excellent "trouble-shooters", able to quickly find solutions to a wide variety of practical problems
    • Risk-takers who love action
    • Continuously storing facts about their environment and storing them.
    I agree with this pretty much, except for perhaps the risk-taking, i'm not so sure I enjoy the action, and i've known myself to play it safe. For hobbies though, in sports related things, i've taken risks, and suffered some injuries in the process (all healed though)!
    You are lucky because you have the ability to be good at many different things.
    Your introverted and thinking strengths give you the ability to concentrate and work through problems which leaves you many open doors. To be happiest an ISTP needs to lead a lifestyle which has much autonomy and which doesn’t include very much external enforcement of structure. An ISTP will do best working in highly flexible environments or being their own boss. Your natural interests are in applying your very good reasoning skills against known data and facts to discover underlying structure, or solutions to practical questions.
    Pretty much.
    ISTPs are compelled to understand how things work. Being good at logical analysis, and enjoy using it on practical issues. Typically you will have strong powers of reasoning, although you are not interested in concepts or theories except when you can see a practical application. You enjoy taking things apart to see how they work.
    Pretty much applies to me too, although I don't take things apart unless I *think* I know what i'm doing, depending on how important the thing is i'm taking apart.

    I can take apart actual objects to see how they work, or other things related to business work.
    ISTPs are excellent in a crisis.
    Yeah, i've noticed this. I've sometimes wondered what it would be like if I could apply this ability consistently, but it seems that not doing so probably goes hand in hand with being a P type.
    You are likely to be a good athlete, having very good hand-eye co-ordination. You are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends.
    Well, depends what you mean by being a good athlete! I'm OK, have competed a bit and done OK, i'm not so sure about my hand-eye co-ordination, maybe resulting from a slight inner ear inbalance.
    You usually donดt or didn’t have much trouble in school, because you are an introvert who can think logically. You are usually a patient person, although you are susceptible to the occasional emotional outburst, due to the inattention of your own feelings.
    Depends on the method of schooling, i'm usually OK at learning things but I don't particularly like on going assessments, as I typically have found myself leaving things at school to the last minute and "cramming" for the exam. As a side note, I remember at school I used to sort of challenge myself to see how much, or rather, how little work I could do and still get a decent grade, which is really pretty reckless now that I think about it.

    I'm usually patient but I can flare up with not paying attention to my feelings, also I can flare up if i'm in an environment where I perceive people being excessively rude to each other.
    As an ISTP, you thrive on action, and are quite possibly fearless. Your adventurous nature finds them attracted to motorbikes, sky-diving, flying, etc.
    I'm not so keen on motorbikes, but I think that's just me personally, but I like the other stuff. I'm typically a fearless person.
    ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make your own decisions about your next step. You do not believe in or follow regulations and rules, as this would prohibit your ability to "do your own thing". Your sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs liable to quickly becoming quite bored.
    I like some element of rules because if it involves a group structure, because I can get a bit lost if everyone is doing whatever and the idea of the group is to achieve something. I do get bored pretty easily. I'm also extremely independent, which at times I think can work against me.


    Possible Career Paths for the ISTP:
    • Pilots, Drivers, Motorcyclists
    Police and Detective Work
    • Fire-fighters
    • Paramedics
    Probation officers
    • Forensic Pathologists
    • Computer Programmers/Specialists, System Analysts
    • Engineers
    • Carpenters
    • Construction workers
    • Mechanics
    • Farmers
    • Transportation workers
    • Athletes
    Entrepreneurs
    Personally, most of those careers are something that would suit me. I've bolded ones i'm not sure about:

    Entrepreneurs, I think i'd like to be an entrepreneur, but I struggle to come up with the idea to persue to be one.

    Probation officer, i'm not sure if i'd be good at that. Typically, at least here, probation officers are expected to be understanding of peoples situations and what have you, which i'm maybe not that suited to on a wide scale with people, but as I understand that sort of job, it's maybe a reflection on current society values where I am.
    Also, the police, i'm not too fond of them, but paradoxically perhaps, detective work wouldn't bother me, as I think i'd enjoy solving things.


    Working in the medical profession or forensic pathologist appeals to me. They give a certain amount of freedom and at the same time require skills to be learned, perfected, along with using these skills for problem solving, which suits me pretty well.


    This seems to be MBTI focused, but to be honest it's a pretty good description, and going by it, i'm quite happy to call myself an ISTP.

  18. #18
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Extraverted (E) 79% Introverted (I) 21%
    Sensing (S) 82% Intuitive (N) 18%
    Thinking (T) 80% Feeling (F) 20%
    Perceiving (P) 82% Judging (J) 18%

    ESTP

    whoop whoop!
    All the stuff is accurate too, I liked how it told me I would make a good comedian.
    Easy Day

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    HI,

    The coding errors, where INFP was giving ISFP text has been fixed! Thank you very much for the notification!
    Vern

  20. #20
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My results
    Percentage breakdown of your results:
    Extraverted (E) 64% Introverted (I) 36%
    Intuitive (N) 59%
    Sensing (S) 41%
    Feeling (F) 80% Thinking (T) 20%
    Perceiving (P) 64% Judging (J) 36%


    ENFP – Inspirers and Advocates
    Career relevant traits:
    • Future and project oriented
    • Bright and capable
    • Warmly and genuinely interested in people, having great people skills
    • Very intuitive and perceptive about others
    • Can relate well to others on their own level
    • Service oriented, you put the needs of others before their own
    • Do not like doing routine tasks
    • Require appreciation and approval from others
    • Friendly, creative, co-operative and energetic
    • Strong verbal and written communication abilities
    • Are natural leaders which do not like to control or be controlled by others
    • Work with reason and logic, with intuition to comprehend the end goal.
    • An ability to grasp difficult theories and concepts

    ENFPs luckily are capable of a lot of different things.
    As an ENFP you are enthusiastic about your work, you generally perform quite well. The downside is that you can become bored of details and routine work rather quickly, and therefore do not always see tasks through to completion, so you should avoid such jobs with many tedious routine tasks.
    The best careers for you will be ones that allow you to work closely with people and using your creative skills to form new ideas. Avoid positions which are routine and regimented.
    You unusually have a wide range of talents and skills, such that you may have various careers throughout your lifetime. Importantly you need to be doing what you feel is right and be doing something that fits with your strong values.
    To others, you at times may seem directionless and without purpose, however you in reality are quite consistent to your sense of values which you never leave. Seeing meaning in everything, you are acutely aware of the big picture and how things work.
    Living in the world of exciting possibilities the details of everyday life can be boring chores, and thus working with menial tasks is not easy. This can lead to an avoidance of maintenance type tasks which can frustrate others, including your family members.
    You are basically a happy person who thrives on change and excitement, and can perform well as long as the job retains these qualities. Ingenious, risk-taking, charming and sensitive your people skills give you capabilities in a wide range of areas.


    Possible Career Paths for the ENFP:
    • Teachers
    • Consultants
    • Sales representatives
    • Artists
    • Designers
    • Psychologists
    • Social worker
    • Social scientist
    • Public relations
    • Entrepreneurs
    • Actors
    • Counselor
    • Politician or diplomat
    • Television Reporter
    • Systems Analyst, Computer specialist/programmer
    • Scientist
    • Writer or Journalist
    • Engineer
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  21. #21
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is mostly accurate, though I would not call myself a risk-taker by any stretch, and I wouldn't say that I exactly "thrive" on change either.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oops!

    Introverted (I) 96%
    Sensing (S) 68%
    Thinking (T) 75%
    Perceiving (P) 59%

    Extraverted (E) 4%
    Intuitive (N) 32%
    Feeling (F) 25%
    Judging (J) 41%

  23. #23
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Percentage breakdown of your results:
    Introverted (I) 79%Extraverted (E) 21%Intuitive (N) 73%Sensing (S) 27%Thinking (T) 75%Feeling (F) 25%Judging (J) 59%Perceiving (P) 41%
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  24. #24
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Percentage breakdown of your results:
    Introverted (I) 71%Extraverted (E) 29%Sensing (S) 68%Intuitive (N) 32%Feeling (F) 100%Thinking (T) 0%Perceiving (P) 86%Judging (J) 14%





    ISFP – Artists

    It was really easy for me to pick the feeling options over the thinking ones you gave, I guess. That's not really a criticism. I've never come out a thinker on any personality test ever. I'm a little surprised how heavy some of my preferences are though.
    Career relevant traits:
    • Like a slower pace to have time to savour the present
    • Do no like abstract thought or theory, except when you see a practical application
    • Faithful and loyal to people and ideas which are important to them
    • Individualistic, having no desire to lead or follow
    • Have close bond with children and animals
    • Service-oriented; theyดre driven to help others
    • Usually original and unconventional
    • Learn best with hands-on training
    • Strongly dislike confining schedules and regimens
    • Require freedom and space to do things your own way
    • Do not like mundane, routine tasks, but will do them if necessary
    All but one seemed to be a pretty good fit. There's an extent to which I think theory can get too skewed to the point that other people can't relate, understand, see how it might work in action, and I want to see it more grounded, but it would be pretty hard for me to bold that one given that I got a degree in Philosophy. I also don't know how original I am, but I would definitely say there are a lot of ways I'm unconventional.
    Warm, sympathetic, sensitive, quiet and reserved, you likely have an affinity for aesthetics and beauty. Keenly aware of how things look, feel, smell, sound and taste, you have an appreciation for the arts that likely makes you one yourself, in one way or another. You live with strong personal morals and will likely put your efforts towards achieving your own personal goals.

    Having an appreciation for nature and beauty, you are most likely an animal lover. Your powers of perception are keenly aware, and this enables you to be penetratingly accurate in your perceptions of others.
    Because you genuinely care about others you are service orientated and have a desire to please. Although you keep your ideas close to you, and hold back your opinions, you are more likely to show your love through actions rather than words.

    You are a very special individual who requires a career to be more than just a job. The standard and usual way things are done does not likely create an environment where you will be fulfilled and content. You need to have a career which is consistent with your strong core of inner values. Since you prefer to live in the present, and to take the time to savour it, you do not do well with more fast-paced corporate work-places.

    You require a great deal of space and freedom if you are going to function in your natural realm of acute sensory awareness. If you give free reign to your natural abilities, you may find a wonderful artist within yourself. Almost every major artist in the world has been an ISFP. Being an ISFP makes you so acutely aware of peopleดs feelings and reactions, and is driven by your inner values to help people, you could also be a natural counsellor and teacher.
    Not too bad.
    Possible Career Paths for the ISFP:
    • Artist
    • Musician / Composer
    • Designer
    • Personal service worker
    • Secretary
    • Child Care or Early Childhood Development
    • Social Worker or Counsellor
    • Teacher
    • Psychologist
    • Veterinarian
    • Forest Ranger
    • Naturalists
    • Paediatrician
    • Chef
    • Nurse
    • Dental and Medical staff
    • Carpenters
    The bolded ones I've thought about from time to time (musician would be awesome if I had the talent) and I could totally see myself working with animals or a field that let me work with my hands. Teaching I think I could handle, medical stuff I could like but I just worry about having people's lives in my hands.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  25. #25
    Bow to the Ninchucks Microknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Introverted (I) 75% Extraverted (E) 25%
    Intuitive (N) 86% Sensing (S) 14%
    Thinking (T) 85% Feeling (F) 15%
    Judging (J) 55% Perceiving (P) 45%

    INTJ

    I was expecting INTP, but the relevant career traits do describe me well.

  26. #26
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In bold are professions I've either done or can see myself doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Possible Career Paths for the ENFP:
    Teachers
    Consultants
    • Sales representatives
    Artists (maybe)
    Designers (maybe)
    Psychologists
    Social worker
    Social scientist
    • Public relations
    Entrepreneurs (maybe)
    Actors (maybe)
    Counselor
    • Politician or diplomat
    Television Reporter
    Systems Analyst, Computer specialist/programmer
    Scientist
    Writer or Journalist
    Engineer
    I'd feel too haughty to go through the career relevant traits and bold which ones apply to me.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  27. #27
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vernm View Post
    Hi Allie,

    To answer the question, why an ISTJ is suggested teaching maths over teaching another subject:

    Keeping in mind that everyone is different, and certainly there are many exceptions of course. The test doesn't measure education, intelligence and environment, which play crutial roles in who we are, and what we want. However, to explain in terms of type:

    I in the INTJ. Introverted teachers better in sciences as they need less expressive explanations than say humanities, arts, drama.

    T in INTJ. Thinking, rather than working with feeling (which often translates as strength in jobs and tasks involving human relationships). You are more likely to be better at teaching things which don't require more of the human touch, (like Physical eduction, music), but better again in things like maths, chemistry, physics.

    Sensing. Sensing people like concrete ideas and facts, over hunches or feelings. So, again, maths. It is as concrete as you can get.

    Finally, J. You are organised and structured. Hence would be better at teaching things that fall into this category.

    If you were higher in P, then you could be better at teaching say marketing or business, which are subjects which have maths elements, but you need to have strengths in being reactive and at times creative. Things which are inline with the Perceiver rather than the Judger.

    So, generally, ISTJ is more suited to teaching maths, but doesn't mean necessarily that you are, or that you want to me.

    Hope this explanation is satisfactory.
    Regards,
    Vern
    www.career-test.co.uk
    That (the bolded above) doesn't make sense to me in MBTI.

    I would think that maths is far more an NT than ST thing; further, maths is not really "concrete" in the way that MBTI's Sensing is concrete.

    So, the argument as to why an ISTJ would be good at teaching maths would be related to T, not S.

    Also, Allie scored 50% F and 50% T, so the above would be consistent with her as a "borderline" ISTJ/ISFJ in your test.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  28. #28
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Percentage breakdown of your results:

    Introverted (I) 96% Extraverted (E) 4%
    Intuitive (N) 64% Sensing (S) 36%
    Thinking (T) 85% Feeling (F) 15%
    Perceiving (P) 73% Judging (J) 27%

    INTP – Thinkers and Engineers

  29. #29
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Percentage breakdown of your results:
    Introverted (I) 71% Extraverted (E) 29%
    Intuitive (N) 95% Sensing (S) 5%
    Thinking (T) 85% Feeling (F) 15%
    Perceiving (P) 77% Judging (J) 23%





    INTP – Thinkers and Engineers

    Career relevant traits:
    • Enjoy abstract ideas and theory
    • Seek to understand things by analysing underlying structures and principles
    • Value competence and knowledge above everything else
    • Apply your own high standards for performance
    • Original and independent, at times eccentric
    • Value autonomy and work very well alone.
    • No yearning to lead or follow
    • Dislike the details of day to day mundane work.
    • Not especially interested in the practical applications of your work
    • Astute, intuitive and creative.
    • Future-oriented
    • Often wise and ingenius
    • Have more trust in their own insights and knowledge than other’s
    • Living primarily in their own minds they can seem at times removed from other people.

    Being an INTP means you live in a world of theoretical possibilities. You constantly are thinking about how things can be improved or what it could be developed into. You live primarily inside your own mind, working to analyse problems, discover logical explanations and seek clarity in all things. Such is your drive to attain knowledge you can take on a personal responsibility to solve problems and help society attain a higher understanding.
    You tackle issues logical reasoning and have little respect for personal subjectivity or emotion, and do not place importance on emotional considerations to decisions. Therefore you may not be in-tune with other’s feelings and not always equipped to meet the emotional needs of other people.
    You are likely to be very independent, original and unconventional as you perceive different ways to achieve things. This can mean you put less importance on other traditional things, such as security or popularity. A complex individual who dislikes the tedious and mundane, you can be restless and temperamental. Strongly ingenious, your original thought patterns allow you see new paths, and consequently many scientific breakthroughs in the world have been achieved by the INTP.
    Your ability to grasp of theories and complex abstract thoughts allows you to prove or disprove submitted concepts and ideas. You are a creative and insightful thinker using logic and reason to analyse problems and theories to find the truth about them.
    Working independently with a desire to find the truth, more than a practical solution gives rise to the ideal career environment for an INTP.




    Possible Career Paths for the INTP:
    • Scientists particularly Physics and Chemistry
    • Photographers
    • Strategic Planners
    • Journalists
    • Mathematicians
    • University Professors
    • Computer Programmers, Systems Analysts, Computer Animation and Computer Specialists
    • Technical Writers
    • Engineers
    • Lawyers or judges
    • Forensic Researchers
    • Forestry and Park Rangers



    I bolded what applies to me.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Introverted (I) 68% Extraverted (E) 32%
    Intuitive (N) 55% Sensing (S) 45%
    Thinking (T) 65% Feeling (F) 35%
    Judging (J) 95% Perceiving (P) 5%

    INTJ – Scientists and Strategists

  31. #31
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Introverted (I) 82% Extraverted (E) 18%
    Sensing (S) 64% Intuitive (N) 36%
    Thinking (T) 75% Feeling (F) 25%
    Perceiving (P) 55% Judging (J) 45%

    ISTP – Mechanics and Craftspeople

    Career relevant traits:
    • Have an excellent ability to apply logic and reason to their immense store of facts to solve problems or discover how things work
    • Usually able to master theory and abstract thinking, but donดt particularly like dealing with it unless they see a practical application
    • Thrive on new experiences and variety
    • Excellent "trouble-shooters", able to quickly find solutions to a wide variety of practical problems
    • Risk-takers who love action
    • Continuously storing facts about their environment and storing them.

    You are lucky because you have the ability to be good at many different things.
    Your introverted and thinking strengths give you the ability to concentrate and work through problems which leaves you many open doors. To be happiest an ISTP needs to lead a lifestyle which has much autonomy and which doesn’t include very much external enforcement of structure. An ISTP will do best working in highly flexible environments or being their own boss. Your natural interests are in applying your very good reasoning skills against known data and facts to discover underlying structure, or solutions to practical questions.
    ISTPs are compelled to understand how things work. Being good at logical analysis, and enjoy using it on practical issues. Typically you will have strong powers of reasoning, although you are not interested in concepts or theories except when you can see a practical application. You enjoy taking things apart to see how they work.
    ISTPs are excellent in a crisis. You are likely to be a good athlete, having very good hand-eye co-ordination. You are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. You usually donดt or didn’t have much trouble in school, because you are an introvert who can think logically. You are usually a patient person, although you are susceptible to the occasional emotional outburst, due to the inattention of your own feelings.
    As an ISTP, you thrive on action, and are quite possibly fearless. Your adventurous nature finds them attracted to motorbikes, sky-diving, flying, etc.
    ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make your own decisions about your next step. You do not believe in or follow regulations and rules, as this would prohibit your ability to "do your own thing". Your sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs liable to quickly becoming quite bored.
    The description is quite good and it applies to me. However, I dislike the career suggestions.

    Possible Career Paths for the ISTP:
    • Pilots, Drivers, Motorcyclists
    • Police and Detective Work
    • Fire-fighters
    • Paramedics
    • Probation officers
    • Forensic Pathologists
    Computer Programmers/Specialists, System Analysts
    Engineers
    • Carpenters
    • Construction workers
    • Mechanics
    • Farmers
    • Transportation workers
    • Athletes
    • Entrepreneurs
    I personally don't find myself and have rarely been interested in any of these (except perhaps the bolded ones), but I suppose they could work for some ISTPs.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Percentage breakdown of your results:

    Extraverted (E) 68% Introverted (I) 32%
    Intuitive (N) 77% Sensing (S) 23%
    Feeling (F) 70% Thinking (T) 30%
    Perceiving (P) 55% Judging (J) 45%
    ENFP – Inspirers and Advocates

    Career relevant traits:
    • Future and project oriented
    • Bright and capable
    • Warmly and genuinely interested in people, having great people skills
    • Very intuitive and perceptive about others
    • Can relate well to others on their own level
    • Service oriented, you put the needs of others before their own
    • Do not like doing routine tasks
    • Require appreciation and approval from others
    • Friendly, creative, co-operative and energetic
    • Strong verbal and written communication abilities
    • Are natural leaders which do not like to control or be controlled by others
    • Work with reason and logic, with intuition to comprehend the end goal.
    • An ability to grasp difficult theories and concepts

    ENFPs luckily are capable of a lot of different things.
    As an ENFP you are enthusiastic about your work, you generally perform quite well. The downside is that you can become bored of details and routine work rather quickly, and therefore do not always see tasks through to completion, so you should avoid such jobs with many tedious routine tasks.
    The best careers for you will be ones that allow you to work closely with people and using your creative skills to form new ideas. Avoid positions which are routine and regimented.
    You unusually have a wide range of talents and skills, such that you may have various careers throughout your lifetime. Importantly you need to be doing what you feel is right and be doing something that fits with your strong values.
    To others, you at times may seem directionless and without purpose, however you in reality are quite consistent to your sense of values which you never leave. Seeing meaning in everything, you are acutely aware of the big picture and how things work.
    Living in the world of exciting possibilities the details of everyday life can be boring chores, and thus working with menial tasks is not easy. This can lead to an avoidance of maintenance type tasks which can frustrate others, including your family members.
    You are basically a happy person who thrives on change and excitement, and can perform well as long as the job retains these qualities. Ingenious, risk-taking, charming and sensitive your people skills give you capabilities in a wide range of areas.

    Possible Career Paths for the ENFP:
    • Teachers
    • Consultants
    • Sales representatives
    • Artists
    • Designers
    • Psychologists
    • Social worker
    • Social scientist
    • Public relations
    • Entrepreneurs
    • Actors
    • Counselor
    • Politician or diplomat
    • Television Reporter
    • Systems Analyst, Computer specialist/programmer
    • Scientist
    • Writer or Journalist
    • Engineer
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  33. #33
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Introverted (I) 79% Extraverted (E) 21% Sensing (S) 77% Intuitive (N) 23% Feeling (F) 55% Thinking (T) 45% Judging (J) 50% Perceiving (P) 50%


    ISFJ – Nurturers and Defenders
    Career relevant traits:
    • Very observant and aware of others reactions and feelings
    • In-tune with the surroundings giving an excellent sense of space and function
    • Practical, down-to-earth and stable. You do not like to work with abstract thought and theory
    • Service oriented, the ISFJ focuses on other’s wants and needs
    • Very uncomfortable with confrontation and conflict
    • Learn best with hands-on training

    You have two basic qualities which define your best career orientation:
    a) You are extremely interested and tuned to how other’s are feeling, and
    b) You enjoy creating order and structure, and are extremely good at this.

    You should choose a career in where you can use your exceptional people observation skills to determine what people want or need, and then use your brilliant organisational abilities to create an environment or plan for creating these wants and needs.
    Your awareness of aesthetic quality, combined with your strong sense of space and function also allows you to have special abilities in the practical arts, such as clothes design and interior decorating.
    ISFJs are kind and warm-hearted people. You believe the best in people and treat others with kindness and consideration, as you value harmony and co-operation.
    An ISFJ is a practical person that learns by doing rather than by reading or applying a theory. For this reason you are not likely to be found in a field which requires a lot of conceptual theory or analysis. An ISFJ enjoys working on something for its practical application and once you know how to perform the task, you will do so faithfully and continually, through to completion. Thus making an ISFJ an extremely dependable person.


    Possible Career Paths for the ISFJ:
    • Interior Decorators
    • Designers
    • Gardeners
    • Curators
    • Medical technologists
    • Nurses br /> • Administrators and Managers
    • Administrative Assistants
    • Librarians
    • Child Care and Early Childhood Development
    • Social Work / Counsellors
    • Paralegals
    • Religious Workers or clergy
    • Office Managers
    • Shopkeepers
    • Bookkeepers
    • Home Economics(home makers)

    yeah i dunno about this. i picked "i'm really in between" on so many.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  34. #34
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hate it how visual and performing art disciplines are overpresented in SF (and NF) career paths. That's so wrong.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  35. #35
    ***el X Mercenary Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Socionix sleeper cell
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here are my results.

    Percentage breakdown of your results:

    Introverted (I) 100% Extraverted (E) 0%
    Sensing (S) 82% Intuitive (N) 18%
    Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
    Perceiving (P) 55% Judging (J) 45%
    Like everyone else, I bolded what I agreed with.

    ISTP – Mechanics and Craftspeople

    Career relevant traits:

    • Have an excellent ability to apply logic and reason to their immense store of facts to solve problems or discover how things work.
    • Usually able to master theory and abstract thinking, but donดt particularly like dealing with it unless they see a practical application
    • Thrive on new experiences and variety
    • Excellent "trouble-shooters", able to quickly find solutions to a wide variety of practical problems
    • Risk-takers who love action
    • Continuously storing facts about their environment and storing them.

    You are lucky because you have the ability to be good at many different kinds of tasks.

    Your introverted and thinking strengths give you the ability to concentrate and work through problems which leaves you many open doors. To be happiest an ISTP needs to lead a lifestyle which has much autonomy and which doesn’t include very much external enforcement of structure. An ISTP will do best working in highly flexible environments or being their own boss. Your natural interests are in applying your very good reasoning skills against known data and facts to discover underlying structure, or solutions to practical questions.

    ISTPs are compelled to understand how things work. Being good at logical analysis, and enjoy using it on practical issues. Typically you will have strong powers of reasoning, although you are not interested in concepts or theories except when you can see a practical application. You enjoy taking things apart to see how they work.

    ISTPs are excellent in a crisis. You are likely to be a good athlete, having very good hand-eye co-ordination. You are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. You usually don't or didn’t have much trouble in school, because you are an introvert who can think logically. You are usually a patient person, although you are susceptible to the occasional emotional outburst, due to the inattention of your own feelings.

    As an ISTP, you thrive on action, and are quite possibly fearless. Your adventurous nature finds them attracted to motorbikes, sky-diving, flying, etc.

    ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make your own decisions about your next step. You do not believe in or follow regulations and rules, as this would prohibit your ability to "do your own thing". Your sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs liable to quickly becoming quite bored.


    Possible Career Paths for the ISTP:

    • Pilots, Drivers, Motorcyclists
    • Police and Detective Work

    • Fire-fighters
    • Paramedics
    • Probation officers
    • Forensic Pathologists
    • Computer Programmers/Specialists, System Analysts
    • Engineers
    • Carpenters
    • Construction workers
    • Mechanics
    • Farmers
    • Transportation workers
    • Athletes
    Entrepreneurs *maybe*

    "His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

    SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

    Johari
    Nohari

  36. #36
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Extraverted (E) 61% Introverted (I) 39%
    Intuitive (N) 68% Sensing (S) 32%
    Feeling (F) 80% Thinking (T) 20%
    Judging (J) 73% Perceiving (P) 27%

    ENFJ – Givers and Mentors

    Career relevant traits:
    • Warmly and genuinely interested in people
    • Value otherดs feelings
    • Value organisation and structure
    • Place importance on harmony and creating it.
    • Exceptionally good people skills
    • Dislike impersonal logic and analysis
    • Creative and imaginative
    • Enjoy variety and new challenges
    • Obtain personal satisfaction from helping people
    • Extremely sensitive to criticism and disorder
    • Seek approval from others to feel good about themselves

    As an ENFJ you have a very large range of potential careers which can make you happy. Most importantly you need exist in a supportive and people orientated environment, where you can use your creativity and organisational skills on a variety of differing challenges. This allows the ENFJ a great deal flexibility in their career.
    More than any other personality, you have excellent people skills. You have a talent for brining out the best in others by giving love, support and hospitality. As you encourage and support people, and strive to understand them you attain a great deal of personal satisfaction.
    More than other extraverted personalities you may keep your ideas to yourself, particularly if it interferes with bring out the best in another. You are motivated to help people change their lives for the better, and therefore usually put other’s needs before your own. You are warm, gracious, charming and creative, with a rich insight to what motivates and moves other people. Your special ability to genuinely help people makes the ENFJ a truly valued person. As giving as you are, it is important to remember your own needs as well as those of others.

    Possible Career Paths for the ENFJ:
    • Facilitator
    • Consultant
    • Home maker
    • Musician or actor
    • Designer
    • Psychologist
    • Social Worker / Counsellor
    • Teacher
    • Clergy
    • Sales Representative
    • Human Resources
    • Manager
    • Events Coordinator
    • Sales Representative
    • Politicians and Diplomats
    • Writers "

  37. #37
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Percentage breakdown of your results:
    Introverted (I) 64% Extraverted (E) 36% Intuitive (N) 68% Sensing (S) 32% Feeling (F) 55% Thinking (T) 45% Perceiving (P) 68% Judging (J) 32%


    INFP – Idealists and Dreamers
    Career relevant traits:
    • Devoted and loyal
    • Have strong values
    • Warmly interested in others
    • Service oriented, often putting the needs of others before theirs.
    • Future and growth orientated, constantly wanting to grow in a positive direction
    • Complex, creative, sensitive and inspirational
    • Easy going and flexible, except when a ruling principle is violated
    • Do not like working with details and routine work
    • Original and individual - "thinking out of the box"
    • Very good written communications
    • Prefer working alone, possibly can have problems working in teams
    • High value on authentic and deep relationships
    • Want to be appreciated and seen for who you are
    Sure.

    Interesting, though; it's the first time in a while I've gotten anything on an MBTI test other than ENTP.

    Interestingly, the majority of the world’s greatest authors have been INFPs.
    Damn straight

    Your career will be more important to you “just a job”, you will need to be doing something meaningful that suits your strong value systems.
    Yup.

    The INFP will be most happy in a career that has a direct or indirect goal of achieving something positive for all of humanity. You are highly focused on making the world a better place, and also for attaining the meaning of life.
    Sounds about right.

    As an idealist and perfectionist you work hard on your quest for achieving the goals you have set yourself.
    You are intuitive about people and also rely on your intuitions to guide you through life and search for value and meaning.
    You hate conflict and take lengths to avoid it. If it must be faced, it is approached with the perspectives of other’s feelings in mind.
    Thus you don’t really care who is right or wrong, but only how the conflict makes you feel. Other’s may see this as irrational behaviour during conflict situations. On the other hand, as an INFP you can make a very good mediator, and good at solving other’s conflicts because you intuitively understand each person’s feelings and perspectives and truly wish to help them.
    You are easy going and flexible until someone breaks you of your values, to which you can aggressively defend, and fight for a just cause. Because of your high standards you can be hard on yourself, and even others in group or team situations because your ideals are higher. This can create problem of control, which may need to be a addressed in order to live in balance
    Fair enough.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  38. #38
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mbti infps are darling. dont' ever changeeee.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  39. #39
    INTP Kritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's fairly accurate

  40. #40
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritik View Post
    it's fairly accurate
    yes think so too, when comparing peoples socionics type.

    I read in a MBTI book that they find a test to be accurate when it has a 75% hit score.

    (They compared the test result with 'best fit' which was determined by other tests and a bunch of psychologists.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •