Thread: 1st and 7th functions in relations of supervision and conflict

Creepy-

Default 1st and 7th functions in relations of supervision and conflict

In relations of supervision (specifically supervisors) and conflict, is it more significant that their 1st function (naturally confident) is your PoLR, or that their 7th function (naturally aggressive) is your hidden agenda?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would say that your primary is their aux (up) or that their primary is your aux (down)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. I was woundering has anyone have a friend who their conflict or is that like impossible since were too different?
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i have or at least I was close aquaintances with a few but i am not right now. we never fought or anything though.

Creepy-

I have an LSE brother, we get along very well until we start fighting. It isn't impossible for conflicting types to get along, but it tend to be stressful.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Supervision and Conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    In relations of supervision (specifically supervisors) and conflict, is it more significant that their 1st function (naturally confident) is your PoLR, or that their 7th function (naturally aggressive) is your hidden agenda?
    I would say that its more infuential that their 1st function is your POLR. But Ive never though about the second reason before, I always thought the 7th function wasnt naturally aggressive.

Creepy-

Function of Personal Knowledge
    strong
    accepting

This function will keenly observe and remember important information which may produce opinions or behavior that is agressive or arrogant. This function does not create, but adheres to observed behavior.
    I can back up the idea about aggression

The 7th vs. 6th idea occurred to me only recently, I though it might be worth considering.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have met my conflict. But I'm to nervious to try to get to know her. So with conflicts relationship is like you get along then, get mad at each other take a break then be friends again?
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 7th vs. 6th idea occurred to me only recently, I though it might be worth considering.
    This was discussed in this old thread:

http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...highlight=#424

It isn't impossible for conflicting types to get along, but it tend to be stressful.
    Yes, but this is where I think socionics is useful. Now I know how to minimize the stress in my relationships with ISFps.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    It isn't impossible for conflicting types to get along, but it tend to be stressful.
    Yes, but this is where I think socionics is useful. Now I know how to minimize the stress in my relationships with ISFps.
    Oh, I totally agree! And even if it still gets stressfull, knowing that it's likely the result of incompatible information metabolism rather than a personal slight makes it easier to not get so worked up about it. (I hate being on someone's bad side).

edit: and thanks for the link!