Thread: Anyone bored enough to type me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone bored enough to type me?

I've started think I'm probably too difficult to type, but if anyone wants to try... here are some examples of my thought process. First, here's an internal conflict :

This is a conflict between two parts of myself that I recently looked at from a different perspective.

I'll call the first mind "Lineon" and the second one "Mudd."

Lineon: I wish to find a job. I'm going to go through job listings, bus routes, and find out what I can reach that's within walking distance, and sort/compile all of that information into a list of jobs I can apply for. I will then organize that list first in order of travel difficulty, and second in order of projected likelihood of employment. *starts to look through job listings*

Mudd: Oh my! I'm so nervous. All of that travel stuff looks dreadfully complicated... what if I screw it up and something bad happens? How am I going to deal with the mess of working around my mother's schedule and convincing her to go along with this? Oh, and they all want experience or some ridiculous amount of education. I'm doomed! This is complicated and making me uncomfortable, so I'm going to think about something else.

Lineon: You're being ridiculous. You're not going to screw it up, the situation is very simple and impossible to screw up if you're paying attention. I already understand it. You're bound to get a job eventually if you keep pushing, and you know your mother will cave if you press. We've done Algebra and configured Linux before, this is nothing compared to that. Stop freaking out.

Mudd: But I've never done it before! And what if I get distracted or something? And it's going to take so long and stress me out. On top of that, it will stress my mother out, and I don't like that. Algebra and Linux didn't have such big consequences riding on them, I felt free to mess around with those.

Lineon: Can you hear yourself? Don't you realize that there was a first time you did everything? You're going to pay that much more attention and not get distracted precisely because it's your first time. And please... do you honestly believe that the value of consequences changes the nature of the situation? It doesn't, it's only changing your perspective.

Mudd: I'm still scared, though. And the value of consequences might not change anything for you, but I'm actually bothered by the thought of being uncomfortable. I might have to be uncomfortable for a long time before I see any benefit from doing this.

Lineon: But you're going to be so much more comfortable later on. And no one is going to let anything bad happen to you. You're not in the middle of the wilderness, you're in a functional, civilized society. You're perfectly safe.

Mudd: I'm only going to be more comfortable if it works out like you plan. Otherwise I'm screwing everything up for nothing. And don't you dare lie to me. I've seen what happens to people on the news and in movies. You're going to tell me I can trust people I don't even know? There are whole organizations that are probably out to get us!

Lineon: It will work if you try hard enough, and long enough. And you're surrounded by human beings. The news prints the worst stories, and movies are mere entertainment and dramatization. You know that you're a human being, and you have shown compassion, so why don't you expect it in return?

Mudd: You don't understand me at all. I can't just rely on what you're saying. I haven't seen any reasons to do things differently than I'm doing them now, or to think differently than I do now. I'm not going to rely on your invisible assumptions. You could be both wrong and insane for all I know. I haven't got any thing to weigh what you're saying against. Just leave me alone.

Lineon: Fine. I can't seem to get through to you anyway, so I suppose I'll have to try something else.

Mudd: That's good, I'll be right over here if you need me, taking a nap. *goes to sleep*

Lineon: *sigh* I wish I had someone else to help me. Mudd is useless, and I can't do this on my own.

Why does it tend to seem like I'm stuck dragging Mudd around, and am frustrated in my efforts because I can't simply become Lineon and act as they would?
    Next, here's an essay I once wrote a long time ago:

I prepared to take my first step through the unfamiliar glass paneled steel doors, and found them so heavy, that necessity dictated I use both hands and my back to push them open. Once inside, I tightened all nerves, and steeled for another year of school. The environment itself seemed an ordeal, with all of the raucous laughter, erratic movements, and general chaos abound. This occurred on the first day of eleventh grade. Looking down at my schedule, which I clutched tightly, as if my very life depended on that letter-sized printout, I read the word “Chemistry”, and immediately began searching for the class.

That the hall layout accorded with predictable alphabetic and numeric sequences was comforting to me, as navigating previous schools had been a nightmare. While seeking the class, the teacher’s name registered in my mind as a terrible omen. What sort of person is named Killen? As I walked through the halls to reach the class, I gazed at the patterns of tiles on the walls, which seemed reminiscent of Conway’s game of life.

I apprehensively approached the class door, and entered. The room felt sterile, and the air seemed thin. I customarily take a seat nearer the teacher, but an instinct told me to sit near the door, away from him. After taking a seat, I became aware of tension in the air, and of an emotional distaste for this room. Nevertheless, I waited patiently for the bell to ring. When class began, the teacher suddenly began yelling in an unnervingly hostile tone.

Taken aback, and intimidated by his attitude, I shed a few tears silently, and prayed that no one noticed. He decided that, after he felt he had the entire class on the brink of vomiting in fear and disgust, he should pass out an Algebra test, and begin a ten minute time limit before everyone had even received a copy. Normally, I would have done well, but this man had me so emotionally distraught, I had been rendered incapable of answering a single question correctly. After collecting the tests, the teacher looked at my test, and began to mock me, and encouraged the other students to mimic his tasteless behavior.

I felt so frightened, embarrassed, and angry, that it took every bit of fortitude and self-restraint I possessed, to avoid running out of the classroom, crying like a child. I decided, then and there, that I urgently needed to request schedule modifications before leaving school that day. As first period ended, I proceeded to my next class with caution, where I met a friendly teacher, who made me feel at ease, in sharp contrast to that awful Chemistry instructor. In fact, every other teacher met that day seemed quite amiable, and by the end of the day, I felt much better about the school, and myself.

After the day ended, I returned to A Hall, a corridor with white paneling, several wooden doors, and black and red stripes across the top, to find the councilor’s office. I felt relieved upon meeting her, because she had a very kind face, and a sweet disposition. When I explained my dilemma with Killen, and how I couldn’t handle the class, she was completely sympathetic, and scheduled me for Aquatic Science the next day. I thanked her, and walked out of the building into the afternoon sun.
    Finally, here are 4 images I've used as avatars in the past:

So... any ideas?

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Typing you will only make your inner conflictions worse right now.

You are a great writer, you're a lot like me in ways, so I want to help you.

You need to meditate, if you haven't been already. You need to quiet your strong mind, so some sort of path is revealed to you, even if it's just realizing you are right where you need to be right now. I want you to concentrate on your breathing and stop listening to the voices. Just focus on your breathing, take deep breaths through your nose.

You seem to be at some sort of inner turmoil about what society expects from you and your own self-expression. This can be soothed out if you keep connecting to others in realistic ways, in your own way. Consider becoming a writer, artist, teacher, or therapist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Typing you will only make your inner conflictions worse right now.

You are a great writer, you're a lot like me in ways, so I want to help you.

You need to meditate, if you haven't been already. You need to quiet your strong mind, so some sort of path is revealed to you, even if it's just realizing you are right where you need to be right now. I want you to concentrate on your breathing and stop listening to the voices. Just focus on your breathing, take deep breaths through your nose.

You seem to be at some sort of inner turmoil about what society expects from you and your own self-expression. This can be soothed out if you keep connecting to others in realistic ways, in your own way. Consider becoming a writer, artist, teacher, or therapist.
    Thanks, although I really don't understand most of what you said. Sounds really mystical and spiritual... but maybe it's worth a try.

I'm definitely experiencing inner turmoil regarding what's expected of me and my own self-expression. That's on top of another problem that I kind of didn't want to bring up so soon, but... well, I've kind of felt like I'm a boy who wants to be a girl. And I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure what's wrong with me and why I feel that way. Two good explanations were either a feminine personality that needed an alternate expression, or sublimated homosexuality, I can't find any reason to believe either one, and the feeling won't go away.

I figured that typing myself would potentially reduce some of my stress and help me figure how I work, so that I can do something... anything. Or at least give me something to do.

Well, this is a messy and personal subject to introduce in the middle of a type thread... sorry if I've freaked anyone out. This issue has a sneaky way of becoming relevant to anything I want to share or discuss with people.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I'm thinking Alpha

Mc Escher is a Ti INTj and his art illustrates Fe (internal causalities), so if you are into him then, yeah.

How well does Alpha fit you?

Do you liek mudkipz?
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe ENTp

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure what's wrong with me and why I feel that way. Two good explanations were either a feminine personality that needed an alternate expression, or sublimated homosexuality, I can't find any reason to believe either one, and the feeling won't go away.
    Well I'm a gay man myself. You might be crying out for help subconsciously to come out of the closet, that's a possibility.

Or you could have a genuine case of GID. Which really isn't an actual disorder, it's just that - gender identity confusion isn't as socially acceptable as homosexuality is now, so it's still listed in the DSM. But that book is just all about fear and social control. As soon as most people realize that every man questions themselves in that way (degrees varying) then it will be removed.

I know it makes you feel kind of weird and different and out of place, and I can relate to that. So I suggest joining a support group of other gender confused/ambivalent people, and well I'm one of them so you are already doing that. Like attracts like.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guesses: INXx, probably INTx. Here I see Introvert-Intuitive-Farsighted.
    Last edited by Trevor; 06-08-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Lol I'm thinking Alpha

Mc Escher is a Ti INTj and his art illustrates Fe (internal causalities), so if you are into him then, yeah.

How well does Alpha fit you?

Do you liek mudkipz?
    I relate most to Alpha and Delta, I'm indifferent to Gamma, and dislike Beta.

I've been typed as two different types from Alpha Quadra, and I kind of relate to it, so I think it fits pretty well.

Eh, I'm not really into mudkipz. They're not my cup of tea, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Well I'm a gay man myself. You might be crying out for help subconsciously to come out of the closet, that's a possibility.

Or you could have a genuine case of GID. Which really isn't an actual disorder, it's just that - gender identity confusion isn't as socially acceptable as homosexuality is now, so it's still listed in the DSM. But that book is just all about fear and social control. As soon as most people realize that every man questions themselves in that way (degrees varying) then it will be removed.

I know it makes you feel kind of weird and different and out of place, and I can relate to that. So I suggest joining a support group of other gender confused/ambivalent people, and well I'm one of them so you are already doing that. Like attracts like.
    Yes. That's what the people I've spoken with this about have said. When I get into a position to associate with such a group, I'll do so. Thanks for dragging it out of me. I'm still so inclined to censor myself on this issue. Social programming is hard to overcome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    I can tell you that the thought process you showed us at the top is SUPER INTj. I still say INTj.
    I'm sure you do. But you seem rather biased towards INTjs, so I'm not sure what value to place on your input.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My typing (I am familiar with athenian from another forum) is very Ne IJ, at the border between INFj and INTj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I also think INTj. Less probable, ENTp. Your avatars scream INTj in my mind.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    My typing (I am familiar with athenian from another forum) is very Ne IJ, at the border between INFj and INTj.
    Hahaha..interesting...Lineon is Positivism and Mudd is Negativism. They're equally strong in IJ-Ne point of temperament ring.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Hahaha..interesting...Lineon is Positivism and Mudd is Negativism. They're equally strong in IJ-Ne point of temperament ring.
    That's a good observation
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    The value of someone who knows them well?

That could also be interpreted as bias based on experience with a particular INTj. But it's understandable that you think you've got LII's pinned down.
    Actually this comment from you makes me think you're possibly ENTp (haha).
    Well, at least everyone thinks I'm Alpha. I've gotten LII, SEI, and ILE... wow. Looks like this quadra thing really works after all.
    Last edited by athenian200; 06-09-2009 at 04:16 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Intuitive-Introverted-Farsighted as I stated before. That's IP-Ni or IJ-Ne. Your(FDG) typing made me thinking. IP-Ni is Resolute-Tactical. IJ-Ne is Judicious-Strategic. His(Athenian's) first quote indeed is Strategic>Tactical. Tahnk you for that. This made up my day and now i know i'll survive the night.