Thread: Sensory Introtims and laziness

Creepy-male

Default Sensory Introtims and laziness

Si base is a white function, so it's inherently subjective, and also inherently directed at the self. (Seen with EXIs self-directed usage of the creative, compared to their mirrors, who hop from invitation to invitation, mirite )

SEIs are Negativists. They see their and others' situations as being inherently content, and thus only register negative deviations from that state.

SLIs are Positivists. It follows logically that they see their and others' current state as being discontent, and thus seek to improve upon that. Feel free to adjust this to reality, btw. (But I think it neatly explains the SLI pessimism. "Look at how horrible everything is, won't you help me figure out how to make it better? ")

So, SEIs are displeasure-avoiding, and distraction-seeking (since distractions don't cause deviations in the present state of contentment). SLIs are _____? (Need input!)

Why this post? Very selfish reasons...

I'm seriously struggling at school. Schoolwork is a source of displeasure, so I'm avoiding it, through distractions. Then, an assessment comes up, and all my avoidance comes back and beats me to death with a +9 Hammer that, really, leaves me needing stitches. Recognising this pattern leaves me anxious, but not enough to actually go out and study.

Needless to say, this sucks. Halp.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm lazy as hell.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    I can relate to trouble with school and it's always been when I was depressed. I couldn't figure out why I didn't want to go, why it seemed like torture to make me go, when sometimes I love it. Social Anxiety Disorder & Depression.
    School is fine, actually. The only days I don't go are when I simply lack energy to even get as far out of my room as the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm lazy as hell.
    Correction.

You're back as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by ollobollo View Post
    I completely understand and relate to your issues, because I have exactly the same ones and feel like you about it. The past two years, I've become increasingly lazy and tired of everything. Grades at school have gone from very good to very bad. I can't concentrate, and I can't realise that now is the time to learn and be happy and be responsible for what I do and don't. Last Autumn, I pinpointed this at a depression, and started going to a therapist early this year.

It turned out I had symptoms of moderate depression, being the cause and effect of social anxiety and difficulty concentrating. This has helped me see my problems clearer, and also made me recall many memories of my childhood that are most likely related, but I see no hope in continuing with this treatment as the therapist is never available and has been sick-listed for months.

The past 12 months, I have acquired a lot of self-help material to resolve my problems, but I have only gotten through a few, largely due to lack of motivation, which I'm incapable of building. Now, however, I'm really psyched up about a program called Beyond Positive Thinking, which has got a lot of positive reviews, and I'm also starting to learn to play the guitar. I'm switching school next year - one much closer and more convenient - so for me, this Summer and the following months and year is the perfect time to change.

Right now, I'm both displeasure-avoiding, and distraction-seeking, which - while you attribute them to SEIs - is probably most related to symptoms of depression when displayed strongly. In any case, I'm really looking to change my life for the better, albeit without quite feeling I should.

If I were you, I'd give a therapist a go. It'll probably help you in some way. I don't really have more to say about this. I wish you the best of luck and happiness.
    Best of luck with the therapy.

Unfortunately, my current therapist is completely useless. She alternates between telling me I'm doing it wrong and trying to medicate me. She's also my Supervisor, funnily enough.

I also wonder about depression, but I doubt I suffer from it. When I made that post, I was particularly anxious... I think the enneagram basically covers that. "In case of emergency, break down."

Now? Still not doing anything, but no longer fretting about it.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It helps to have a drive to perform better and better every day in school. That slows laziness up, but I agree, when I don't want to do something, it doesn't get done for a very long time.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a sensory introtim and I am not lazy at all.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hopefully Archon will make some amusing comment about milk and cookies.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Wouldn't you technically be a sensing introtim?

Or did I remember the names wrong?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I think he meant base persons.
    IEI-Fe 4w3