Thread: Renin Dichotomies

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Renin Dichotomies

I think are the name of these dichotomies

Dichotomies - Wikisocion. Are these the only ones?

Unusually, I fit exactly into the INTp dichotomies. I even feel as though the IJ temperament is second to IP, however that's slightly off this subject. I am wondering about your opinion, where you and others fit with these dichotomies. Are they accurate, and if so how accurate?

The third tier dichotomies however is where the change occurs. For instance, I identify more with the result type:

Process
    Prefer to finish the entire process till the end before doing something else.
    Do things sequentially, from the beginning to the end.
    Immersed to a process and tends to single-tasking.
    Focus between the beginning and the end of processes.
    More inclined to read texts on books or computer from beginning to the end.
    Socially more inclined to large groups.

Result
    Use words such as "start", "end", "result" very quite often, and can have many things running in parallel and managing them quite ok.
    Do things randomly, seemingly doing them from the end to the beginning.
    Detached from processes and tends to multitasking.
    Focus on the beginning and the end of processes.
    More inclined to read texts on books or computer randomly, maybe reading random paragraphs or chapters.
    Socially more inclined to small groups or intimate conversations.

I'm just as curious about third tier as I am second tier.

Third tier I fit exactly into LII,
    however second tier I fit exactly into ILI.
    Last edited by 717495; 06-07-2009 at 05:58 AM.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Still, I've read some more of your e-mails, and you do feel a bit too all over the place to be a process type.....
    Depends. You ever talk to a SEI?

Scattered-ness I think hinges more on Negativist/Positivist, where Negativist is the more scattered of the two.

Likewise, if you spend a good five hours hooked up to an LII, you'll see how jumpy their thinking really is.

EDIT

And I might also add, dichotomies are why I thought I was IEE. That, and getting way too absorbed in the description of E7.

FURTHER EDIT

One of my first really good friends was an LII. Why? He was as random as me. I attribute that to Negativist thinking. (Context: everyone I've ever been drawn to has been resonatory in some way.)

^ Though, from the above, I've never found SLEs that interesting. There's probably more to it than just Negativism, or I could be barking up the wrong tree.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Oh. I didn't mean he had to rethink his type because of ONE Reinin dichotomy, haha. I just meant he doesn't feel anything like the description of a process type.
    Oh, I wasn't talking about Polikujm

I just used LII as an example of Negativist because I know a few quite well.

Mybad

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Result
    More inclined to read texts on books or computer randomly, maybe reading random paragraphs or chapters.
    Wow, I do exactly these... heh. I thought that it was just a personal quirk. I usually try to figure out the answer first (in math, for example), and then try to figure out how to get there.

Heh, isn't this what's usually stereotyped as Fi?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I did state that I'm a result type, so there shouldn't be any confusion about that, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Heh, isn't this what's usually stereotyped as Fi?
    Oh, God no. I love getting into intimate conversations.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The third tier dichotomies however is where the change occurs. For instance, I identify more with the result type:

Process
    Prefer to finish the entire process till the end before doing something else.
    Do things sequentially, from the beginning to the end.
    Immersed to a process and tends to single-tasking.
    Focus between the beginning and the end of processes.
    More inclined to read texts on books or computer from beginning to the end.
    Socially more inclined to large groups.

Result
    Use words such as "start", "end", "result" very quite often, and can have many things running in parallel and managing them quite ok.
    Detached from processes and tends to multitasking.
    Focus on the beginning and the end of processes.

I identify clearly with the result type. I cannot imagine that ILI's like large groups anyways.
    Reinin sucks.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is one of the dichotomies where I go against my type. I'm pretty sure I prefer process but I'm an LII, which is supposed to be a result type.

I generally prefer to do one thing at a time. I prefer not to multitask but I can do it fine if needed be.

I really hate being interrupted in the middle of doing something. It can be difficult to get started on something but once I get started, it can be difficult for me to stop. I often like to do things in one go. I've been told that I can get so wrapped up in something that I don't notice other things that are going on.

I also hate it when people try to talk while I'm reading a book, change the channel or radio station in the middle of a TV show or a song I'm enjoying. Its as if I get wrapped up in the book/show/song/whatever at the moment and don't wish to be presented with another alternative. Is this related to this dichotomy or is it something else?

BTW, what does preferring large groups or small groups have to do with this dichotomy? I can't see a connection. As an introvert, I'm much more inclined to smaller groups in general. If the group is too large, I tend to feel lost in the shuffle and ignored. On the other hand, I do get uncomfortable if things get too intimate, which is less likely with a larger group.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    This is one of the dichotomies where I go against my type. I'm pretty sure I prefer process but I'm an LII, which is supposed to be a result type.

I generally prefer to do one thing at a time. I prefer not to multitask but I can do it fine if needed be.

I really hate being interrupted in the middle of doing something. It can be difficult to get started on something but once I get started, it can be difficult for me to stop. I often like to do things in one go. I've been told that I can get so wrapped up in something that I don't notice other things that are going on.

I also hate it when people try to talk while I'm reading a book, change the channel or radio station in the middle of a TV show or a song I'm enjoying. Its as if I get wrapped up in the book/show/song/whatever at the moment and don't wish to be presented with another alternative. Is this related to this dichotomy or is it something else?
    That's normal for introtims, apparently.

Now, how do you think we introverted process types feel?

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    BTW, what does preferring large groups or small groups have to do with this dichotomy? I can't see a connection. As an introvert, I'm much more inclined to smaller groups in general. If the group is too large, I tend to feel lost in the shuffle and ignored. On the other hand, I do get uncomfortable if things get too intimate, which is less likely with a larger group.
    Non-socionics introversion.

I think the wiki description might be able to be modified for Merry/Serious, since I know an LII who enjoys telling stories in an energetic manner to a small group of friends. Compare to an IEE, who's always hanging out with another tiny group I visit, or wandering around with just a single friend. (Both are Result. So, I guess, change "intimate" with "energetic", but keep "small groups" for the Result dichotomy across Merry and Serious.)