Thread: VI Me please

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI Me please.

So I've identified myself as ESI after a lot of soul searching and research, but I'm curious about what you people VI me as.

EDIT: Keep in mind I'm actually trying to smile in these pictures.

Last edited by BlackCat; 06-06-2009 at 09:36 PM.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Sensory-ethical-introvert
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I would have VI'd you as Alpha. SEI or even SLI, Matt Groening subtype.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Data integrated*
    *Parameters set*
    *All systems go*

ENFp, ISFp, ISTp, ENFp, ISFp???, ENFp, Ne Ne Ni, Si Ne, Se? No Ne, Si Fi Fi Fi, Ti? No ENFp ENFp ENFp ENFp ENFp ENFp ENFp Fi Fi ENFp Irrationality ENFp Infantile Infantile Infantile ENFp INFj? No irrational ENFp ENFp 1110101011010000101010010101010000101010100101010

*Ding*

Type: Fi ENFp

Broad sets: Infantile>Caregiver, Alpha-Delta, Ne/Si, Irrational

Alternate: ISFp, ISTp, INFj, ENTp
    The end is nigh

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    *Data integrated*
    *Parameters set*
    *All systems go*

ENFp, ISFp, ISTp, ENFp, ISFp???, ENFp, Ne Ne Ni, Si Ne, Se? No Ne, Si Fi Fi Fi, Ti? No ENFp ENFp ENFp ENFp ENFp ENFp ENFp Fi Fi ENFp Irrationality ENFp Infantile Infantile Infantile ENFp INFj? No irrational ENFp ENFp 1110101011010000101010010101010000101010100101010

*Ding*

Type: Fi ENFp

Broad sets: Infantile>Caregiver, Alpha-Delta, Ne/Si, Irrational

Alternate: ISFp, ISTp, INFj, ENTp
    lol Cute

I can't say I disagree with your self-typing on a purely VI place, but I'm not sure if I really sense the from the pictures you've provided. I've been acquainted with an FiSe who has a somewhat similar look to you, but there's a very clear show of . I do think you seem > , so I'm going to guess FiNe. Concerning the SiFe guesses, most of the SiFe I know can smile pretty easily and have a generally wide smile. This could easily be a superficial generalization though. Maybe once we learn more about you, we can get a better picture of your type

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    I can't say I disagree with your self-typing on a purely VI place, but I'm not sure if I really sense the from the pictures you've provided. I've been acquainted with an FiSe who has a somewhat similar look to you, but there's a very clear show of . I do think you seem > , so I'm going to guess FiNe. Concerning the SiFe guesses, most of the SiFe I know can smile pretty easily and have a generally wide smile. This could easily be a superficial generalization though. Maybe once we learn more about you, we can get a better picture of your type
    I initially thought I was an EII, but I couldn't relate to POLR Se whatsoever. This just really doesn't click with me-

EIIs are typically negligent of their surroundings and have difficulty keeping track of objects or constantly monitoring things and people around them.

They can be passive and self-absorbed, often preferring to wait for things to happen rather than make them happen. As such, they tend to have quite a number of lost opportunities. To a certain extent, EIIs can be oblivious to hints from someone who is romantically interested in them. Therefore, this gives the other party the wrong impression that they are not interested in them.

Outsiders often think the EII is oblivious to reality because they will often neglect basic needs. Although it is by no means necessary, this may also manifest itself as a general rejection or aversion to violence or force as a means or way of life.
    Not at all.

I do relate to ego Ne.

EIIs have a natural understanding of people's inner makeup and see what can be done with that makeup to bring them closer to ideals. EIIs have a very well-developed view of what people and relationships should be like and are able to help others reach those ideals.

EIIs understand people very well. They often give good advice, and have a strong understanding of the inner workings of even the most complicated minds. They have well developed ideas concerning ideal emotional states for individuals, and always have advice as to how an individual can reach that ideal.
    I can relate to that very well... But I also relate to ego Se. I also relate to super ego Ne.

I'll just type some random stuff about decision making I suppose.

I see the possibilities in everything, but I think that things will definitely go wrong if I go off on a tangent. If I get unrealistic about a concrete situation... that's just no good. So I like to stay grounded in my decision making, I like to make the most realistic choice that I can think of. With the variables that already exist. I just simply think that it's the best thing to do. People often see Ne in me, but that's because we're talking about a theory here. I will get theoretical about a theory, but about real life situations I stick to my guns. I have learned in life (the hard way, via experience) that if you go off on a tangent, jump to conclusions, think of unrealistic possibilities, that this will just make things worse for you.

Surface value is something that every living being can relate to, and it's a good medium for decision making when it comes to people. If the possibilities presented by something at surface value don't add up, then I'll think about what the possible meaning behind the facts I have is. It will cause harm if you jump to conclusions in my opinion, meaning if you actually believe these conclusions. Everyone can be hopeful about something and imagine things that could happen, but it's nice to keep these things close at hand just in case something of that sort happens. Usually I have these conclusions mapped out in my head, ready for when something of that sort will happen.

Another thing to note is that I try to crush my weaknesses. I'm an enneagram 8w9, I try to make myself better, to be the strongest human being I can (mentally). My theory behind this is that I have improved on my weaknesses in POLR Ne (possibly), or in the case of EII, improved on my weaknesses in POLR Se. All of these typological theories, MBTI and socionics, have helped me realize my weaknesses and helped me improve on them. In MBTI I am an INFP. MBTI and socionics are different from each other... and it's to my understanding that your types can be different in each (as in as an INFP in MBTI I don't have to be INFj/EII in socionics).

SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I initially thought I was an EII, but I couldn't relate to POLR Se whatsoever. This just really doesn't click with me-

Not at all.
    I didn't really like that description, I don't think it's well written. Can anyone who knows a few FiNe or is a FiNe back up this description? I think a way you can also find out if belongs in your ego or not is to read more into the actual function , read about the -leading types, and see if you can draw comparisons to people like that in your life and see how that makes you feel.

I do relate to ego Ne.

I can relate to that very well... But I also relate to ego Se. I also relate to super ego Ne.
    If you relate to the being in your ego, then definitely would not jive with you. Same way with them switched.. Maybe you can snoop around for FiNe topics? Or maybe read more descriptions about them, or talk about the functions themselves. I think that might actually be your type!

I'll just type some random stuff about decision making I suppose.
    I see the possibilities in everything, but I think that things will definitely go wrong if I go off on a tangent. If I get unrealistic about a concrete situation... that's just no good. So I like to stay grounded in my decision making, I like to make the most realistic choice that I can think of. With the variables that already exist. I just simply think that it's the best thing to do. People often see Ne in me, but that's because we're talking about a theory here. I will get theoretical about a theory, but about real life situations I stick to my guns. I have learned in life (the hard way, via experience) that if you go off on a tangent, jump to conclusions, think of unrealistic possibilities, that this will just make things worse for you.
    This could possibly be creative rather than being valued. What do you think?

Another thing to note is that I try to crush my weaknesses. I'm an enneagram 8w9, I try to make myself better, to be the strongest human being I can (mentally). My theory behind this is that I have improved on my weaknesses in POLR Ne (possibly), or in the case of EII, improved on my weaknesses in POLR Se. All of these typological theories, MBTI and socionics, have helped me realize my weaknesses and helped me improve on them. In MBTI I am an INFP. MBTI and socionics are different from each other... and it's to my understanding that your types can be different in each (as in as an INFP in MBTI I don't have to be INFj/EII in socionics).

This may not be type related, but I remember a couple of conversations about NeFi projecting this image of being "perfect," or always in a good mood and not showing personality flaws (this is generalizing), etc. Maybe the same happens with FiNe, just in a different manner? In both MBTI and Socionics I am an ENFP/NeFi, so there is some sort of correlation, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. How are you enjoying your foray into Socionics? Is it not as bad as you first thought, perhaps?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty confident in ExI.

I would VI you ESI, but knowing you, I'm still leaning toward EII.

My VI skills definitely need sharpening though.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either these descriptions on wikisocion are awful or it's just that I'm highly balanced, or both. Since I can relate to both the Se and Ne descriptions... except not Se in the vulnerable slot. Is there any better descriptions of these two functions somewhere?

Also I can relate to mobilizing Ni but not mobilizing Si. I can sort of relate to Ni as demonstrative, and Si as a demonstrative's definition just seems absolutely terrible. Actually... the demonstrative function just doesn't make much sense to me period. Maybe if I had a better definition then I could better type myself.

So is there a better page other than wikisocion?
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either these descriptions on wikisocion are awful or it's just that I'm highly balanced, or both. Since I can relate to both the Se and Ne descriptions... except not Se in the vulnerable slot. Is there any better descriptions of these two functions somewhere?

Also I can relate to mobilizing Ni but not mobilizing Si. I can sort of relate to Ni as demonstrative, and Si as a demonstrative's definition just seems absolutely terrible. Actually... the demonstrative function just doesn't make much sense to me period. Maybe if I had a better definition then I could better type myself.

So is there a better page other than wikisocion?
    The type descriptions might not be the best, but I'm going to advise that you learn about the functions themselves, at least what they are in Socionics. Wikisocion, as well as threads around here, should be good enough for learning the functions. then separate everything into value vs not valued, and skilled vs not skilled. So you ego is your skilled and valued functions, while super-ego is not skilled unvalued. I think Wikisocion also has fine descriptions for the separate areas of the the psyche, the placement of the functions. So instead of just relying on the type descriptions, synthesize your knowledge of the functions plus the psyche placements and go from there.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I agree

Looking at quadra values might help too.

This explains it fairly well, but also look at the wikisocion quadra values.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ws-socion.html
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    You look SEI.
    As far as VI, that seems likely too. You should post more candid pictures if you can.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    You look SEI.
    Out of curiosity, what about SiFe looks makes you come to this conclusion? Enough people have suggested SiFe for me to ignore, but he doesn't seem like any of the SiFe I know.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo it looks like there is a reserved warmth of Fe creative, and he seems more Si-caregiver than Ni-victim. The Fe is weak in this one however, so I wouldn't doubt ExI.

The more I talk about this.. the more I feel like I have no idea what I'm saying.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    imo it looks like there is a reserved warmth of Fe creative, and he seems more Si-caregiver than Ni-victim.
    Well, it is only photo-VI, I guess everyone can free-associate with whatever past experience they have. But there seems to be a lot of SiFe, so I'd have to reconsider, but if he's not SiFe, then I guess it doesn't matter.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is def not Se valuing.
    The end is nigh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you're an SEI, EII, or IEE.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then what Poli?

Or do you not have something in mind?

This guy screams Ne imo...

Maybe more pics would help?
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try to get a "natural" look picture as soon as I can... I was attempting to smile in these pics. That's probably throwing you off.

As I keep understanding this theory ESI keeps making more and more sense to me. PoLR Se just really isn't descriptive of me at all. It sucks though because I think I'm pretty balanced Se and Ne wise, but after talking to Poli for a good bit last night over IM I'm pretty sure he concluded that the intuition you're seeing is Ni at work mixed with Se. Just keep in mind that I'm very balanced, I had a very hard time typing myself in MBTI because of this.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 06-07-2009 at 04:03 PM.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try to get a "natural" look picture as soon as I can... I was attempting to smile in these pics. That's probably throwing you off.

As I keep understanding this theory ESI keeps making more and more sense to me. PoLR Se just really isn't descriptive of me at all. It sucks though because I think I'm pretty balanced Se and Ne wise, but after talking to Poli for a good bit last night over IM I'm pretty sure he concluded that the intuition you're seeing is Ni at work mixed with Se. Just keep in mind that I'm very balanced, I had a very hard time typing myself in MBTI because of this.
    Keep in mind that there isn't really "balanced" in the sense that MBTI has "balanced." I think once you become more familiar with the functions, it'll become clearer which you value and which you're skilled at.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man,

Could you please post a couple more photos..? It's hard to go off of just two, (although I think, in this case, alpha is pretty clear.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More pics coming right up, I'll edit this post when I post them.

EDIT:

These are back from when I had long hair. lol

Here is a "natural" expression-

Attempting to look okay for the camera-

This is me at 5 AM at a gas station with a bunch of friends... I didn't seem to acknowledge the camera existed. I am tired in this picture keep in mind-

This one is the same place and time as above, only I actually acknowledged the camera was there-

SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

You look like my dad!

I changed my mind. Si ISTp.

So instead of Fi mode Si agenda You are Si mode Fi agenda.

omg thats funny.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, ISTp from those pictures.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah im floatin around Delta irrational and maybe maybe maybe Alpha irrational

I think Ip over Ep though.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me or do most people type ISxp?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, finally... A Gamma introvert...

No hint of Fe, or appreciation for it... No smiling... Nothing... (the Te/Fi is obvious.)

I don't sense any valuing of Si either... Rather you have that look of Ni 'unfocus' in your eyes.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JuJu you are a whacky whacky guy.

Not Gamma at all.

"no smiling"

I want to shit on your door step for that one.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. SLI.

And uhh Ni unfocus? They are, but so is Si.

Have you never seen a spacey Si dude?

Bret Mckenzie Si ISFp:

Pretty unfocused to me.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Polikujm you change your mind alot

No. I'm not seeing the Ni/Se.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Wow, finally... A Gamma introvert...

No hint of Fe, or appreciation for it... No smiling... Nothing... (the Te/Fi is obvious.)

I don't sense any valuing of Si either... Rather you have that look of Ni 'unfocus' in your eyes.
    After having read up on ILI it seems pretty accurate, there just wasn't something right about my other two choices, but this is totally correct it seems, there isn't a part of the profile that's flawed. I am also clearly an Ni subtype.

Thanks for your assistance. You were very accurate in that judgment.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No i mean in general lol, not about him, so I'm just forseeing you being 6 or so posts away from saying he's a different type, no offense you just jump around alot.

Anyways, I don't think the Ni INTp typing is too bad because at least you recognize the Fe polr and Ip temperament.
    The end is nigh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather leave that up to Black Cat honestly. He knows himself better than I do.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he does, but does he know socionics?

INTp could mean many different things depending on info source.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using wikisocion. Polikujm has done the noble job of teaching me socionics, and I must say it's much more descriptive of me than MBTI ever was.

It makes sense regardless. With my typing of ESI I was looking mainly at the Fi primaries for a start, since Fi is very strong in me. It was easy to get confused, but the description of ESI was somewhat off for me, but still seemed sort of decent. Then in discussion with polikujm he realized that I valued Se and Ni, and then we got around to ILI. After the VI done by JuJu and reading the description it's safe to say that it's an excellent description for me.

Plus when I said ENTps were my conflictors in my other thread, I didn't realize what true conflict was like. My mom is ESE, now THAT is real conflict. ILEs are just... yeah. Not going to go there, that's a different thread. I don't feel like derailing this one. I'll read more into the relationships for ILI, but ILI is truly just a good description.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay well i don't think the self typing typing is far off from mine, so i'll consider it and see what happens.
    The end is nigh