View Poll Results: What do you think my type is?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE

0 0%
  • SEI

0 0%
  • ESE

0 0%
  • LII

0 0%
  • SLE

0 0%
  • IEI

0 0%
  • EIE

0 0%
  • LSI

0 0%
  • SEE

0 0%
  • ILI

0 0%
  • LIE

0 0%
  • ESI

1 100.00%
  • IEE

0 0%
  • SLI

0 0%
  • LSE

0 0%
  • EII

1 100.00%
  • I don't know

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Type Me

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Me

I haven't had a typing thread in quite some time and I have had a challenge to my type . So what says ye people? I also posted on the socionics ws page if someone feels more comfortable talking there.

My old typing thread is this one: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...t-my-type.html

I think it is far outdated though. I did kind of write this today as a response to someone else on the ws but I don't feeling like typing out another full description so here is something to use to type me at least:

Okay I see where you are coming from. I can understand why you would see Si from that post. I wrote that the summer before I went away to college. My group of friends at home is primarily Si oriented unfortunately(including an ESFj, ENFp, ISFp and ISTp). Pretty much all we ever did were Si related activities and for the most part I didn't view myself as too social because I was easily worn out hanging out with them (An Fe atmosphere dominated the social setting). I have discovered that I am actually much more social (in that I like to be around people) but still not very outgoing (not good at engaging people). I have two group of friends that provide pretty much two different styles of hanging out. One that is more Si oriented (2 ISTps and some other irrational Si valuer) in which we go out to eat a lot together, watch tv game shows and friends, play lots of board games and card games. I really enjoy hanging out with them but... I enjoy hanging out with my SEE, ESI (?), and INFp friends more because we actually go out and DO stuff. I hate just laying around all the time watching tv and movies. I go to concerts with them, do sports related stuff, and in general do a lot of stuff that I don't have the initiative to do myself but enjoy doing. So I guess I would say "I think I get along best with people who are relaxed and can enjoy just hanging out and talking" no longer really applies to me. Granted being able to have serious conversations with all of the above people strengthens our friendships and is essential but I like people who can do that and be able to go out and do fun stuff and not lie around all the time.

I would still say I am industrious. I stay ontop of my work unlike a lot of my friends and my homework takes priority (most of the time). I think my industriousness shows itself best when I have to do group projects. I despise group projects. It often consists of me having to prod others to do their work and always hoping that my group members didn't do an awful job that I am going to have to correct later. They also often consist of people looking to see what I did and then basing their work off of how much effort I put in. For instance, in my research methods class it was a group of 3 and I was the one always having to say "hey we should probably meet soon since our next section is due" and we would meet and I would work on my part and my two other group members would try their best and ask me what did, read mine, and format their similar.

I would agree that I am like munenori in that I am shy with people I don't know, but once I get to know someone well I enjoy being sarcastic (almost in a mean way to them). This is pretty much how my frienship with my ESFp friend goes. He does something and I make a sarcastic comment to make fun of him, he laughs and says something back. We go back and forth for a little bit. I am not expressive at all though and I think that obviously points away from any Fe ego. I can be expressive with people I know very well but that is mostly only to comfort someone and not something I normally do. Constant expressiveness by others is irritating and I tend to leave environments where it is expected. I have found at college the game Apples to Apples is the game for Fe valuers. I DESPISE that game. It is essentially a way to act illogical and laugh about peoples inability to think in a rational manner.

In high school my intellectual persuits didn't exist lol. Not that they are a whole lot better now but I do have some. I am working on a research project that I hope to be able to present at an conference (maybe APA) and possibly publish in the psi chi journal of undergraduate research. I'm going to be VP for the psi chi chapter for my school so hopefully I can actually get people involved and do something with the club. I do really enjoy studying psychology but I think my relationships with friends trump my desire to have serious intellectual persuits at this time. I have the rest of my life for those but only a few short years to have fun at college.

As per my self typing of ISFj... I think I am primarily Fi oriented in that my focus is on friendships and drawing the people I like closer and keeping a lot of distance between myself those I dislike. My ESFp friend frustrates me in that he invites people that I don't really care for to hang out with me and my other ISFj firend (we mutually dislike these people). When they are hanging out with us I am pretty much silent and mostly only make comments to the people I like. I don't really make any attempt to make them feel welcome. It is rather easy for me to see exactly who likes who and how much and in what way. I think I am Se creative because I often apply pressure to people to try to motivate them to do stuff (like getting my ISTp friends who are also my roomates to actually clean) and I definitely apply pressure when people irritate me. I have no qualm about telling someone off in a purposefully pissed off way. This is why I have a hard time seeing myself as a 9. I think I am a 6 but some other people think I am a 1. I appreciate help with Ni as I get easily stressed out about planning but I have to plan none the less. I am currently stressed out about planning for grad school. I am currently studying for the GRE while everyone else I know have not even thought about taking it. I also very much appreciate help with Te as I often feel like I don't have enough information to make decisions and have to spend hours researching everything before I make a choice. I don't really see how I value Ne. I don't like to think about all the alternatives but what is most likely to happen and I especially don't appreciate when people try to convince me I should not be mad at someone because maybe they were motivated by this or that. I don't care. Ti isn't really important. I think I do often contradict myself (probably morally a lot lol) but I don't like it being pointed out and I don't really see a contradiction in my line of thinking as some sort of major flaw that undermines an argument (ESTps seem to like to point out contradictions a lot, like it somehow invalidates an argument). Si is okay but can be boring, and Fe can be draining and irritating if it dominates. Also, I just having a very very hard time seeing an ENTp as my dual.

As for temperament, I think I am more IJ than IP. I always want to be doing stuff but I simply don't have the initiative. My ESFp friend helps some with initiative but then he crashes and I am left wondering where all his energy went. I could definitely use some EJ in my life. My large amount of IP friends make me feel that I am too uptight and not flexible at all but I think it is just in comparison to them.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are ISFp, just like my friend Bill:

(This is another case of temperament descriptions misleading ppl...)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol you hate Apples to Apples? I hate it too, except in my experience, Fi people like it more than Ti. It always seems to turn into a game of who understands the other person's sense of humor better, rather than who is being more accurate with their comparisons. I think it is more of an Fi game because the rules are not at all binding and they're hardly followed. Maybe it's just the people I play with (they're mostly delta).

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    You are ISFp, just like my friend Bill:

(This is another case of temperament descriptions misleading ppl...)
    Do you have any sort of evidence besides VI?

It is not just an IJ temperament that I identify with. I identify with a lot of the description of an ESI on the wikisocion and with ESIs on the board. Diana has the most logically sound and relatable posts that I have come across.

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    lol you hate Apples to Apples? I hate it too, except in my experience, Fi people like it more than Ti. It always seems to turn into a game of who understands the other person's sense of humor better, rather than who is being more accurate with their comparisons. I think it is more of an Fi game because the rules are not at all binding and they're hardly followed. Maybe it's just the people I play with (they're mostly delta).
    I've seen mostly deltas and alphas play it. With deltas it is much more tolerable. With alphas it always seems like "lets pick the one that makes the least amount of sense and will make people laugh." So i end up sucking at the game because even when I try to base it off of their humor I still try to relate it to the green card and alphas pick things highly illogically in my opinion lol.

And welcome to the forum fear of sleep.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    I've seen mostly deltas and alphas play it. With deltas it is much more tolerable. With alphas it always seems like "lets pick the one that makes the least amount of sense and will make people laugh." So i end up sucking at the game because even when I try to base it off of their humor I still try to relate it to the green card and alphas pick things highly illogically in my opinion lol.
    Yea I always try to make some kind of sense. Commuting is dead, cuddly cactus, absurd intellectuals, etc. Then someone's like "forest fires are absurd" and I'm like "" and the person's like "oh haha forest fires are absurd that's funny I'll pick that". Fuck that game. The minute you find a rule that you think might work, someone pulls some random shit and you lose. Since Fe relies on rules, I don't think it's that either.

edit:
    oh, I'm not really new, but I've been gone for a long time. I've just been too busy lately, and I like this SN better
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I always try to make some kind of sense. Commuting is dead, cuddly cactus, absurd intellectuals, etc. Then someone's like "forest fires are absurd" and I'm like "" and the person's like "oh haha forest fires are absurd that's funny I'll pick that". Fuck that game. The minute you find a rule that you think might work, someone pulls some random shit and you lose. Since Fe relies on rules, I don't think it's that either.

edit:
    oh, I'm not really new, but I've been gone for a long time. I've just been too busy lately, and I like this SN better
    Yep. I think maybe because you constantly have to adapt is why I am so bad at it lol. If you don't mind me asking what is your other SN?

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was thinking apples-to-apples might be more Fi than Fe... because in order to win you have to understand the other players ... also, I think that when everyone playing the game knows one another, then the game ends up being just a process of learning more about each other... Unless you know them too well, in which case there's really no point (unless the game can somehow be modified so it's more sophisticated). Anyway, I've only played it twice (that I remember) and the first time was a small group where I knew most people in it, and I could easily form strategies, and winning the game was easy. The second time it was with a larger group where I didn't really know most people and I mainly just put the cards that I thought were most amusing, which generally no one picked, and I lost badly. I wasn't really trying to win though. But the point is I wasn't as confident in winning to begin with because I didn't have all the knowledge about everyone playing that I would like to have to form my "strategies" and I didn't feel like paying the high level of attention that would be necessary to start "divining" things about them. And I was drunk. I did find everyone's differing preferences interesting, so I could still feel the process of learning about them and gaining insights about them at work, but I mostly just felt like observing. However, had we played the game more than just once, I might have started becoming interested in winning because I would have new found information in my mind about each person, their preferences, their sense of humor, etc. from the first playing.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

edit:

I enjoy Apples to Apples but I hardly ever win the game, probably because I'm not so good at guessing what others are going to pick. I tend to go for the funny or creative combinations but they also need to make some sort of logical sense. Absurd intellectuals is a good choice, absurb forest fires is not.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to add a poll in case people are feeling too lazy to really write anything out.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No reason to doubt ISFj; actually, every reason to confirm it (by your description of yourself). Don't listen to Juju...he's a troll.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit