Thread: New to Socionics, new to the forum

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New to Socionics, new to the forum

Hi!

My name's Chris, and I recently discovered wikisocion, which is pretty cool/awesome. I'm 18, I'm a Christian, I write poetry, and I'm either an IEI or an IEE (leaning towards the former), and I don't really know which. *shrug* I read a lot of MBTI before I discovered socionics. I'm fairly confident that I'm an ENFP in MBTI.

I'm obsessed with people, and spend all of my time thinking about people and/or life, the universe, and everything. I'm an actor, I read too much, I think Shakespeare should be crowned king of all mortals (followed by Whitman, Stevens, Keats, Tennyson, Pessoa, Harold Bloom...). I like mediocre to crappy R&B music from the '90s because it reminds me of my childhood, as well as mediocre to amazing R&B from when R&B was still good. I also tend to spew facts about myself when I'm introducing myself. Apparently. I'm a hair neurotic. And self-critical.

(...also... how long do I have to be here before I post a semi-desperate type-me-so-I-can-look-for-my-dual-at-college thread?)

So... uh... I guess that's what you do on an introductions thread. Hi.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, nice

welcome to this little hell-hole we call home.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the forum

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Hi!

My name's Chris, and I recently discovered wikisocion, which is pretty cool/awesome. I'm 18, I'm a Christian, I write poetry, and I'm either an IEI or an IEE (leaning towards the former), and I don't really know which. *shrug* I read a lot of MBTI before I discovered socionics. I'm fairly confident that I'm an ENFP in MBTI.

I'm obsessed with people, and spend all of my time thinking about people and/or life, the universe, and everything. I'm an actor, I read too much, I think Shakespeare should be crowned king of all mortals (followed by Whitman, Stevens, Keats, Tennyson, Pessoa, Harold Bloom...). I like mediocre to crappy R&B music from the '90s because it reminds me of my childhood, as well as mediocre to amazing R&B from when R&B was still good. I also tend to spew facts about myself when I'm introducing myself. Apparently. I'm a hair neurotic. And self-critical.

(...also... how long do I have to be here before I post a semi-desperate type-me-so-I-can-look-for-my-dual-at-college thread?)

So... uh... I guess that's what you do on an introductions thread. Hi.
    Welcome.

I remember Mimosa Pudica (a common poster here) having the same problem. Often resulting as ENTP in MBTI, and eventually being an IEI-Fe subtype in Socionics. Took a while to clear up the introvert/extravert dichotomy. But I don't think it will take you that long, since you've already made lots of progress. Focussing on people is often seen in MBTI as being extravert, yet it's probably just because you're an ethical (Feeler) type.

Anyways goodluck.
    Last edited by Jarno; 06-04-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome IEE. Make yourself at house.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everybody.

@jarno, thanks, I'll look into that extravert = people-centered thing. That could be one of the issues.

@polikujum, why IEE, if I may ask?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic.

Question: Are you a culture snob?

Also, bienvenue!
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ... write poetry, ... and spend all of my time thinking about people and/or life, the universe, and everything ... I read too much, I think Shakespeare should be crowned king of all mortals
    INFp.

... I post a ... type-me-so-I-can-look-for-my-dual-at-college thread? ...
    You just did.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What enneatype are you? IEEs are almost always E7s, IEIs are almost always E4s.
    I just took an online test yesterday, and the only two that I was remotely high on (like, more than 2 on whatever scale they were using) were 4 and 7, and I was fairly significantly higher on 4 than 7. So perhaps that's evidence for IEI?

Here's a thread you might find interesting. It's about how I realized I'm an introvert and not an extravert. As you can see, what made me understand I'm a Beta was partly my enneatype (I've been typed E4 by professionals several times) and partly that almost all of my friends and ex-boyfriends are Betas.
    Hmmm... I don't think any of my close friends qualify as Beta types except one friend who's an ESTJ on Briggs-Myers, but may be an ESTp by socionics, because I realized that what I consider(ed?) judging/perceiving in Briggs Myers is an awful lot like decisive/judicious in socionics. My other close friends are INTp, ESTj (but he's my brother, so I don't know how much that counts), ISTp, ESFp, etc.
    Also, I remember this being a useful question: If you compare yourself to extraverts around you, do you do more or less than them during a day? Look at people you see all the time, so that you don't compare only social settings.
    I think I definitely do more than people around me in general (especially during the school year) because I hugely over-commit. But when I'm not running under a series of obligations, I tend to sit around the house and not do much. I've spent more than a day in my house (but that was partially due to external circumstances rather than choice or inclination). Still, I feel like I do a lot of stuff in a given day, and I do like days with a lot of variety.

Question: Are you a culture snob?
    I dunno. If that means that I think that my cultural opinions are better or more correct than those of some people around me, then yes, but it is a plain fact that certain rap songs don't deserve the title of "music," and a new noun should be invented to differentiate them from both "music" and "sound/noise." And it is a plain fact that Shakespeare owns, say, Susan Lori-Parks, although she does seem very talented.

Also, hello again. Thanks for welcoming me to the forums, everybody.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't typing you actually, just saying welcome.