Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you get out of the shower

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When you get out of the shower...

Do you put your clothes on in the bathroom?

Or do you put on a robe or a towel and go to your bedroom to get dressed?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put on a robe or a towel and go to your bedroom to get dressed

Why such curiosity?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I put on a robe or a towel and go to your bedroom to get dressed
    You go into my bedroom to get dressed??? LMAO!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it was copy and paste, but I forgot to change the Subject, but come to think about it, that would be a heck of a scene, Like i have never been naked in front of males that I know well before...

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahahahahahahaha... this made me laugh so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Well it was copy and paste, but I forgot to change the Subject, but come to think about it, that would be a heck of a scene, Like i have never been naked in front of males that I know well before...
    LOL

Creepy-male

+1 glam.

Also, my bathroom is about the size of a pantry, so, you know. Not much space to get dressed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bedroom, no robe.
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always walk around naked for 15-20 minutes to cool down. I'm an introvert, i don't meet that many people, so I keep my curtains open. So far, no results yet.

Creepy-bg

I put on whatever I wore into the bathroom, then change into new clothes in my room.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually towel into bedroom.

In college when I shared the bathroom and bedroom with my roommate I'd take boxers into the bathroom, put those on after I dried off, then finished dressing in the bedroom.

But if I know no one is home or around, I may walk naked from the bathroom into the bedroom and hang out for a few minutes, just to feel the thrill of the cool air all over my naked body.

Quote Originally Posted by 07430
    Like i have never been naked in front of males that I know well before...
    After getting over teenage self-consciousness, my brother and I "agreed not to care" about that stuff, and now don't care about changing around each other. It's not a big deal at all. There comes a point where you realize we're all the same species and there aren't any surprises, and that simply being naked in front of someone doesn't mean you will magically be mindswept into fucking them lol.

I'm not sure whether girls or guys are more averse to being seen naked by a member of the same sex. What do you think?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Yes.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Joy's chap is here, I take a towel into the bedroom. If he's not, I peel my skin off first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Sounds a bit like me, only I'm just walking around looking for my clothes, forgetting what people might see. I'm not trying to attract anyone.
    Maybe I should use a smiley next time

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have a sea green bathrobe, but I eliminated it in my quest to end my impending slavery to materialism. I don't miss it. It took up too much space in my closet and caused everything else to fall down. I don't really pay attention to what I do after I leave the shower because I'm usually too tired and I think it involves having a towel around my head and looking for things to wear, somewhere, because I put off my laundry a lot and it may be a challenge. Anyway when I lived with other people it would usually be more pre-planned and dressing in the bathroom, although when I lived with other people having my clothing all over the floor in every room wasn't acceptable and so it didn't happen. But now it does. Oh dear.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I used to have a sea green bathrobe, but I eliminated it in my quest to end my impending slavery to materialism.
    Please explain...

1)

2)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kritik View Post
    I always walk around naked for 15-20 minutes to cool down. I'm an introvert, i don't meet that many people, so I keep my curtains open. So far, no results yet.

Sounds a bit like me, only I'm just walking around looking for my clothes, forgetting what people might see. I'm not trying to attract anyone.
    Then I think you should really keep your eyes open, as that behavior could be dangerous! :tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'm not sure whether girls or guys are more averse to being seen naked by a member of the same sex. What do you think?
    I have no idea. I personally have no aversions of the kind.

Or do you put on a robe or a towel and go to your bedroom to get dressed?
    Wouldn't you like to know
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Then I think you should really keep your eyes open, as that behavior could be dangerous! :tongue:
    Maybe it gives her a rush.

Have you ever streaked in public before?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, so I'm glad most of you guys are like me. I HATE to have to get dressed in the bathroom, which I'm glad doesn't happen very often. I always use a bathrobe or a large towel to roll myself in and walk out the bathroom... And I love to just sit around in my bathrobe for as long as possible, unless I'm in a hurry in which case I just dry off and dress right away. Sometimes I might also walk around naked for a couple of minutes if the place is warm and there's no one (important) around. I've known people who always take their clothes into the bathroom and do the shower&dress thing in less than 5 minutes, but I've never really admired them. Also, I don't care if ANYONE sees me in a robe or a towel, as some people do.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

OK, so I'm glad most of you guys are like me. I HATE to have to get dressed in the bathroom, which I'm glad doesn't happen very often. I always use a bathrobe or a large towel to roll myself in and walk out the bathroom... And I love to just sit around in my bathrobe for as long as possible, unless I'm in a hurry in which case I just dry off and dress right away. Sometimes I might also walk around naked for a couple of minutes if the place is warm and there's no one (important) around. I've known people who always take their clothes into the bathroom and do the shower&dress thing in less than 5 minutes, but I've never really admired them. Also, I don't care if ANYONE sees me in a robe or a towel, as some people do.
    I get dressed straight away. I'm very modest.

I don't like guys wearing shorts. And I can be weird about shirts too. It's just creepy.

One time this guy exposed himself in front of me, and I shoved him out of the room, it repulsed me so. He reaked, and it was gross, and it was less gross to shove him out of the room even though it meant pushing my palm against his chest and pushing him out the door then tolerating him inside. Afterwards he seemed a bit "shocked" though. And I left him outside for a while with just a towel. Then my friend "encouraged" me to let him back in. And he went off to his room in a kind of sulk.

Anyway, I only later found out that that behaviour from him was kind of normal. And that my friend just tolerated it because he was "gay". Go figure.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gee, I sound like a girl.

@Warlord: what's that supposed to mean?

@Warlord: what's that supposed to mean?
    It means that I'm secretive and ironic

Actually I have a funny story what happened once. I was in the shower at my parents. And when I came from the shower, I was wearing a towel and was going upstairs, and my sisters friend was there. So she was like:"hi", then I covered my chest with my hands, like girls would do, and screamed IIIIIIIIIK! in high pitched voice, lol.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do all my laundry, bathing, dishes in the shower, then I go to sleep on my hammock outside to dry what I'm wearing off. Clothes dry must faster when you're wearing them.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ polikujm: Do you bathe with your clothes on, too? Is that how you do the laundry?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    It means that I'm secretive and ironic

Actually I have a funny story what happened once. I was in the shower at my parents. And when I came from the shower, I was wearing a towel and was going upstairs, and my sisters friend was there. So she was like:"hi", then I covered my chest with my hands, like girls would do, and screamed IIIIIIIIIK! in high pitched voice, lol.
    Oh ok, I thought you were making an association to something else, like something "I've" said... That's a fun story, btw. (: I've been in similar scenarios. I remember once (when I was about 13?) I was alone at home and had just gotten out of the shower, took my robe off, turned up the stereo and my mom suddenly came from work and caught me singing a love song in front of the mirror, naked, lol. I stood there shocked for a second... I wish my sister's friends caught me by surprise like that though. I'd be lucky!

Last edited by Park; 05-29-2009 at 07:28 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seriously doubt it. I'm not exactly posing by the windows.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I do all my laundry, bathing, dishes in the shower, then I go to sleep on my hammock outside to dry what I'm wearing off. Clothes dry must faster when you're wearing them.
    I can't tell if you're joking....

Last year I was a woman living with men. This year I'm a woman living with man. None of these people have a reason to see me naked. As a byproduct, I get dressed in the bathroom.

But when I know my roomie is not home, and will not be home, I tend to do whatever I feel like at that moment. Sometimes that means walking around naked, other times it does not.

In change rooms I'm that person who doesn't care that they're bare-assed naked in the middle of a bunch of strangers. I just don't see the point in dicking around with keeping a towel up and struggling to put your clothes on underneath. During lifeguarding/instructing certs I became lazy and said fuck it to that nonsense and just stopped caring about being naked in the change room. I'm in no hurry, just doing my business then moving on.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

I remember once (when I was about 13?) I was alone at home and had just gotten out of the shower, took my robe off, turned up the stereo and my mom suddenly came from work and caught me singing a love song in front of the mirror, naked, lol. I stood there shocked for a second...
    lol traumatic.

INTp

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLI: clothes
    LSE: robe

for type-related purposes

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica
    Suddenly I realized NOBODY else undressed, and that they showered in separate showers. I felt like a fool. Have to say I prefer Europe in this. Not so much fuzz about naked bodies, it seems? Or am I wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    ahahah. In general yes, Americans are more modest. Not in specific cases, but as a general trend we are. Different areas of the country to different degrees too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I have no idea. I personally have no aversions of the kind.
    See, I don't have any aversions to it in and of itself, but what has kept me from doing it more (or at all in public) has primarily been being afraid of how other people will receive it. I'm basically afraid of getting strange looks and being singled out in a non-verbally shunning way.

If I knew everyone was ok with it I wouldn't hesitate and hide nothing, and basically enjoy the raw natural-ness of it. I don't have anything to hide or be ashamed of really. Growing up when I was young me and my brothers didn't really care, and we even used to skinnydip with my cousin in his pool. It was great, water feels great and free, and you move so much faster in the water. Then as we got into middle teenagehood all the self-consciousness and taboos creeped in, and this kind of innocent behavior would be judged and condemned as "Ewwww, weird, that's gay!" (the worst possible self-conscious fear criticism for teenagers). I think the same judging would've happened if I ever tried it in school locker rooms (which I never did - I knew it wasn't the thing to do).

I wonder how many other people are like me - people who don't care about being naked around others but instead turned it into a taboo because they didn't want to be seen as weird or singled out by others.

Now I'm kind of over that teenage fear of being singled out, thus me and one brother agreed to not make a big deal of it. I'm still hesitant in most public places, but I'm trying to get over it, and all along kind of wished that I could let go of this taboo and just not care about what ppl think.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About modesty, it really depends. When I feel at home I don't like clothing. It really depends how well I know the other people... if they're kind of friends or slight acquaintance and we're not very close, I don't want to be naked around them... Maybe it's that emotional nakedness and physical nakedness go hand in hand for me? I like to have the "whatever" attitude, but I can also be really self-conscious.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's that emotional nakedness and physical nakedness go hand in hand for me?
    Yeah, there is an element of that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I like to have the "whatever" attitude, but I can also be really self-conscious.
    I've been like that on and off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    but it just feels like a show sometimes
    Yeah that's probably part of the thrill for those who like to do it lol. I will admit, times where I've wanted to do it, that's been part of the motivation. It can be an attention-seeking rush, and I guess it psychologically mirrors people wanting to be "naked" in front of themselves metaphorically (as in, feel comfortable with their own emotions and stuff). Also, it can be an attempt to overcome social insecurity by like "if my peers can accept me 'naked' than I am accepted fully".

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going to say that this topic hits a very deeply seeded issue that I have related to self-consciousness that I've had to deal with for the majority of my life to the point that I'm basically embarrassed to elaborate further in detail.

More deeply seeded than anything I've probably talked about on this forum.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    Maybe I'm too uptight, but it does make me uncomfortable sometimes.
    It doesn't sound like it to me, not about things like this:

a straight SLE girl who'd tell me every day how hot I was, or the IEE girl who'd grab my ass or grope my chest to be playful with me. Or a game that this same group of girls used to play where they'd squeeze one of your breasts and shout, “milkshake!” before you can cross your arms (it scared the shit out of me every time, and I've probably hit at least fives different girls purely out of reflex for doing that to me).
    That just sounds like sexual harrassment to me, honestly. I don't think that sort of thing is okay unless the person they were doing it to was okay with it, and I know I would feel really uncomfortable and violated if I had experienced that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Robe, always. I usually hang out naked for a bit in my room after though.
    same here.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I'm just going to say that this topic hits a very deeply seeded issue that I have related to self-consciousness that I've had to deal with for the majority of my life to the point that I'm basically embarrassed to elaborate further in detail.

More deeply seeded than anything I've probably talked about on this forum.
    Homophobia?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Allie: very insightful post, you're surprising me lately. (:

That just sounds like sexual harrassment to me, honestly.
    Oh, come on now, be reasonable! (seriously...)

Last edited by Park; 05-30-2009 at 05:13 AM.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homophobia?
    No, it's more just a social anxiety sort of thing. I'm just not comfortable in that state in a public-ish sort of setting when people are around.

Basically I constantly feel like someone or a group of people are always looking in my direction and it's a rather suffocating feeling.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but this one's just lovely. They are both so cute. Awesome shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast