TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEE vs SEI and ESE

Who is right and who is wrong?

I have a very nice, new, minivan. My inlaws are visiting and my husband got a used car, which is not particularly nice or new but is functional, for them to drive when they are here. My minivan is the only car that the babyseat can go in as we have one seat base and it was put in by a car seat safety expert and we don't want it moved. And the baby and I have to be together all time time as I am her only food source. So the idea was that my minivan would stay with me and the baby and they could take the other car if they want to go out somewhere that I don't want to go. So today they're off someplace that would be difficult to go with the baby. So I decided not to go. And AGAIN they wanted to take my minivan because it is more comfortable. But if they take it, I'm stuck at home ALL FREAKING DAY and have no ability to go anywhere, which drives me crazy.

So should their desire for comfort (Si) win, or should my desire to always have the possibility of going out (Ne) win?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see that as a non-starter.

It is your car, and the only one you can use with your baby. End of story. They do have another car. I find it embarrassing that they'd even insist on the issue the moment you said something like "sorry, I do need the van in case I need to go somewhere, I can't drive the other car with the baby".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post

It is your car, and the only one you can use with your baby. End of story. They do have another car. I find it embarrassing that they'd even insist on the issue the moment you said something like "sorry, I do need the van in case I need to go somewhere, I can't drive the other car with the baby".
    I absolutely agree with this.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, that seems rather insensitive of them. Do they think that you're making a big deal out of nothing or something? I can't grasp how they would ask knowing the scenario, it doesn't make sense to me. And it's hard because you don't want to come off as a bad host, but at the same time, it's not like you didn't try to work around it. You got them a car so they could do whatever they want, isn't that already going out of your way to accomodate them considering the circumstances? I have a hard time with FeSi (and FeNi) sometimes saying no, because they keep trying to urge me after multiple times of telling them how I feel politely. And when I get irritated, then things get uncomfortable... Hopefully they can understand your situation.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post

This.

I see no room for doubt.

Keep the minivan.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait.

Your husband bought a used car. He bought a used car so that his parents would have something to drive while they're visiting. And now the three of them want to take your minivan...even though the point of buying the other car was to have the extra vehicle so that you wouldn't be stuck?

Um. Also. Emergencies? What happens in an emergency if you need to take the baby to the hospital or something?

Like, none of this makes sense.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-bg

Your husband should take the spark plugs out of the used car and the minivan and loudly announce "NOW NOBODY GOES ANYWHERE!".

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    Your husband should take the spark plugs out of the used car and the minivan and loudly announce "NOW NOBODY GOES ANYWHERE!".
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm glad I asked. They were acting like I was being a spoiled brat, and I was afraid maybe I was.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    that's hilarious.
    IEI-Fe 4w3