Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VI me!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's put aside V.I for a sec, that is very subjective, and when we go into detail analysis of a facial structure of how XXXx look like, it usually end up horrible. but the mannerism on that video doesn't seem like a LIE.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I definitely felt really unnatural on that video. I'm generally a lot more open. Not used to making videos. I am E5.

Can you post a picture of an LIE? I don't know which galleries to trust. I need to get some sleep though. I'll respond tomorrow.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Well I definitely felt really unnatural on that video. I'm generally a lot more open. Not used to making videos. I am E5.

Can you post a picture of an LIE. I don't know which galleries to trust.
    Hmmm I suggest you should read the description of each type, try not to rely V.I at all if you are learning in the beginning stage of socionic since there are no solid ground for that. I'm not saying that it is ineffective at all but if you are to correctly identify a type I think there are better alternative ways to do so. I think V.I as a very good way to estimate a type and do so in the quickest way, but not always successful. I suggest ₪₪₪ Socionics - The New Psychology ₪₪₪ +/- profile I find that very accurate but it's not popular and often go against here. The overall description of each type is a bit shaky, I usually skip the V.I part so I wouldn't recommend that.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Hmmm I suggest you should read the description of each type, try not to rely V.I at all if you are learning in the beginning stage of socionic since there are no solid ground for that. I'm not saying that it is ineffective at all but if you are to correctly identify a type I think there are better alternative ways to do so. I think V.I as a very good way to estimate a type and do so in the quickest way, but not always successful. I suggest ₪₪₪ Socionics - The New Psychology ₪₪₪ +/- profile I find that very accurate but it's not popular and often go against here. The overall description of each type is a bit shaky, I usually skip the V.I part so I wouldn't recommend that.
    If I look at functions LIE and ILI makes the most sense. As far as those descriptions, I relate to ENTj except for the aggressiveness. Though, if you push me I will get aggressive. INTp is a close second and relate to good amount on INFp. I haven't read all the profiles though

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I also think you don't seem like an LIE. It might be the nerves, but the LIEs I know are far more rigid and direct (and rushed!) when they talk - you seemed to stretch out some words a bit, and your eyes and head moved a bit too much (when I talk to one particular LIE he just DOESN'T BREAK EYE CONTACT - it's really disconcerting). Also, the tone of your voice when you said "that's probably not right"... it just didn't seem very LIE, or Te-leading, to me. (I'm willing to admit I'm wrong... but that's my overall gut feeling.)
    Idk how indicating this is, but when I'm talking I'm constantly using contractions sometimes making up new ones and if I'm not thinking about my words I tend to spit them all out at once sometime tripping over myself or running out of breath. When I'm talking to someone face to face, I have a hard time keeping eye contact while I'm talking. While I'm listening however I'm completely focused on their eyes. I make a lot of hand gestures too.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still get an Alpha sense after seeing the brief video. From what I gathered from it, your demeanor and speech really does remind me a lot of my old roommate who I believe is also an Alpha.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have your type correct, Azeroffs.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    You have your type correct, Azeroffs.
    sweet! lol..
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you're LIE.

Static Alpha-Delta something.

You remind me a bit of Mune and a bit of myself.

But it would be alot better if you tried explaining something to us in a video. Like, try to make us understand something, even if its something well known or controversial. That will let your elements appear easier.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is with this whole thing is that there are few hard facts about socionics. I mean any type is capable of anything. That's why I'm having such a hard time being 100% sure of my type because there is nothing hard to base it off of. All I have in figuring out my type is past behaviors, which are unreliable since, like I said, any type is capable of just about anything, and I'm still somewhat young, so I'm looking at maybe the last 5 years of my life which has been ever changing year to year anyway. The only other thing I have is, "oh yeah I kinda feel like that's true or that's not."
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    well if you're here talking about socionics and giving yourself a sociotype and such, then it means you must have accepted the theory and that you believe it models reality to some extent (exactly to what extent you think it does, I don't know). you are basically saying: "there is nothing to base one's self-typing off of, therefore I am not able to substantiate my self-typing." this is not only untrue, it's a bit of cop-out.
    I see a pattern that fits people about 85% which means there must be truth to it. However, 85% is not 100%. Also, I'm just not totally sure what to look for.

behaviors aren't all you have. how do you think about things - describe your typical thought processes? what kinds of things do you tend to pay most attention to in every day life? how do you tend to communicate, and what do you find important when communicating? what have people praised/criticized you for? what kinds of things are important to you? answers to these kinds of questions can possibly reveal more about your sociotype (I say "possibly" because it is possible to answers these questions in a "neutral" way that won't be relevant to your type.)
    I daydream a lot. Lately I've been thinking a lot about patterns in socionics, and before that in MBTI. When I'm talking to people, I tend to only find important issues worth talking about and most fun to talk about and argue. Future plans, beliefs, media, government and such. Ive been praised for my intelligence.. lol.. on a more specific level I can't really think of anything. I've been criticized for being too analytical. My grandma complains when I criticize her beliefs or at least show how she is wrong. I often bring up such things out of any conversation. (I can't help it ignorance is a plague..) She complains because I won't just let something be or let her say something just for fun if I see it as wrong, logically or morally. My highest value is to keep an open mind on everything which often turns into a down fall because I feel like I can't be sure of many things and always second guess myself. My highest priority is school and eventually career, but I find it hard to concentrate on things I find uninteresting or unnecessary. I hate studying, I usually get things right away, and if I don't, I get frustrated because I hate reading and my mind wanders. The only time reading can hold my attention is if I'm truly interested in it. For example, I could read about socionics for hours, but if you ask me to read some boring history text book I'll fall asleep or end up thinking about something entirely different possibly within a few minutes of reading.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this sounds like the global learning style. You either feel stuck in the mud with learning or you connect it all in an instant and have stage like breakthroughs.

I'm guessing all you need to learn is the basic mechanisms of a theory to begin expanding on it and understanding its details, yes? And you feel that you already know things before you know them and it seems you're just having it clarified and brought into focus?

The love of organizing, splicing into categories, breaking down, sorting, extrapolating from basic to detailed, etc. Rings Ti (and Ne) to me, so how do you feel about all this?

I'm feeling Ti ENTp for you tbh. maybe Ni ENTj somehow, but all the stuff you said applies to me alot alot.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    this sounds like the global learning style. You either feel stuck in the mud with learning or you connect it all in an instant and have stage like breakthroughs.

I'm guessing all you need to learn is the basic mechanisms of a theory to begin expanding on it and understanding its details, yes? And you feel that you already know things before you know them and it seems you're just having it clarified and brought into focus?

The love of organizing, splicing into categories, breaking down, sorting, extrapolating from basic to detailed, etc. Rings Ti (and Ne) to me, so how do you feel about all this?

I'm feeling Ti ENTp for you tbh. maybe Ni ENTj somehow, but all the stuff you said applies to me alot alot.
    I really doubt ENTp.. If I am alpha, which I'm like 80% sure I'm not, then I'm probably INTj.

I can't brainstorm in the Ne sense of the word. I can't think of a bunch of ways something works or coming up with metaphorical ideas. Although this may just be stereotypical. Ni just rings for me because I tend to play things out in my head. I put myself in a position and think about what will probably happen. Also, I really relate to being a victim. I hesitate when I feel like I might do something wrong, and I'm attracted to confidence, forcefulness, and need reciprocation in a romantic circumstance. If I don't sense it I questions myself and make distance or won't even make a move.

I've read that in private thought you use your 7/8 functions, so it's likely that our thought processes would be similar since ENTj and ENTp both have strong Te/Ne and pretty strong Ti/Ni.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really doubt ENTp.. If I am alpha, which I'm like 80% sure I'm not, then I'm probably INTj.
    So you believe yourself to be rational>irrational?

I can't brainstorm in the Ne sense of the word. I can't think of a bunch of ways something works or coming up with metaphorical ideas. Although this may just be stereotypical. Ni just rings for me because I tend to play things out in my head. I put myself in a position and think about what will probably happen. Also, I really relate to being a victim. I hesitate when I feel like I might do something wrong, and I'm attracted to confidence, forcefulness, and need reciprocation in a romantic circumstance. If I don't sense it I questions myself and make distance or won't even make a move.
    I play things out in my head... but I'm also good at brainstorming and coming up with alternate paths.

This sounds victim-y, but I can't really go on content alone. Its very easy to trick yourself into seeing what you've read on Ni... not that I'm saying you're doing that, but I don't trust self-descriptive content.

I've read that in private thought you use your 7/8 functions, so it's likely that our thought processes would be similar since ENTj and ENTp both have strong Te/Ne and pretty strong Ti/Ni.
    This is something in mainstream socionics that I do not adhere to.

The best thing would be a conversational video like I described previous, if you are willing and able.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you believe yourself to be rational>irrational?
    I believe so

I play things out in my head... but I'm also good at brainstorming and coming up with alternate paths.

This sounds victim-y, but I can't really go on content alone. Its very easy to trick yourself into seeing what you've read on Ni... not that I'm saying you're doing that, but I don't trust self-descriptive content.
    agreed, I know what you mean.

This is something in mainstream socionics that I do not adhere to.

The best thing would be a conversational video like I described previous, if you are willing and able.
    I'll try to get one out sometime.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*poof*
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It cut off like the last 3mins... </3 for making videos..it's probably my shitty webcam
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF!!? Ghost in the background @ 3:34!

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me so much of Mune.

I have no fuckin clue on your type except that you are not Ni/Se.

You're not Si ego...

So in no particular order: INFj, ENFp, ENTp, INTj

Also you sound alot like me starting at 2:40. Not sure if its specific to type, but the facial expressions and "aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhssss", the eye squinting, the random tsk tsk music lol.

So... once again I'm thinking Ne ego.

This is a video from a few months ago I made for some gay forum shit about me being ISTj:

The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's common for people to show they're 8th function at times. So, it's not unlikely to see Ne in an Ni-creative ego, and if you're really sure that I'm not Si, but sure that I'm Ne this seems possible.

INFj seems possible, INTj maaybe...

edit: ehh.. the more i thin about it the more it doesn't seem to make sense.. I like being around an Fi type environment where everyone can be straight with the way they feel and such, but Fi dominant just seem too powerful. Fi base makes me think of someone who know exactly how people feel in a situation. I can kinda tell, but I've never noticed it to the degree of being Fi-ego. And being NT alpha makes me think of someone who can joke around and be completely tactless.. I have a hard time joking like that because I feel bad if I might have insulted someone. I do joke like that at times, but I always get the urge to apologize if I'm not comfortable with the assumption that they didn't take offense. And that doesn't bother me. And my thoughts aren't clear enough to be Ti ego lol.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-12-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's common for people to show they're 8th function at times. So, it's not unlikely to see Ne in an Ni-creative ego, and if you're really sure that I'm not Si, but sure that I'm Ne this seems possible.

INFj seems possible, INTj maaybe...

edit: ehh.. the more i thin about it the more it doesn't seem to make sense.. I like being around an Fi type environment where everyone can be straight with the way they feel and such, but Fi dominant just seem too powerful. Fi base makes me think of someone who know exactly how people feel in a situation. I can kinda tell, but I've never noticed it to the degree of being Fi-ego. And being NT alpha makes me think of someone who can joke around and be completely tactless.. I have a hard time joking like that because I feel bad if I might have insulted someone. I do joke like that at times, but I always get the urge to apologize if I'm not comfortable with the assumption that they didn't take offense. And that doesn't bother me. And my thoughts aren't clear enough to be Ti ego lol.
    Not to be annoying, but I'd rather be in an environment where people say how they feel also. Ti likes relationships to be clear and literal. Its Fi-ers who are murky and covert with how they actually feel.

Or they do say how they feel and its like a knife in your back.

Now this is coming from a Ti-er and I bet that Fi-ers don't feel that way about themselves.

I don't like when people pick on someone who isn't present. That's mean.

I'm not completely tactless, I do like joking around and making fun of people (myself included) alot though. Oh and I apologize alot especially when I'm nervous.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's common for people to show they're 8th function at times. So, it's not unlikely to see Ne in an Ni-creative ego
    Once again, this is not a part of mainstream socionics I adhere too.

Its a misconception originating from how elements are oft described.

If you say an element "sees the progression of time" then people will believe they can use this element because all but the comatose can to some extent perceive time.

If you describe an element as "seeing possibilities" then everyone will believe they have this element to some extent because its a trait everyone has.

The problem is that these are not IM elements.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muneori2? Or 3?

INFj.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Serious.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to be annoying, but I'd rather be in an environment where people say how they feel also. Ti likes relationships to be clear and literal. Its Fi-ers who are murky and covert with how they actually feel.

Or they do say how they feel and its like a knife in your back.

Now this is coming from a Ti-er and I bet that Fi-ers don't feel that way about themselves.

I don't like when people pick on someone who isn't present. That's mean.
    It would feel like a knife in the back to someone who doesn't value it. To me it's brutal honesty. I don't care how bad it is, I want to know EVERYTHING. I want to know how you hate the tone of my voice and how you hate the little eye twitch I have. just examples.. Stuff like this doesn't insult me at all unless it is being said for the sake of insulting me.

I'm not completely tactless, I do like joking around and making fun of people (myself included) alot though. Oh and I apologize alot especially when I'm nervous.
    I'm not saying that everyone who is Ti ego is completely tactless. I'm just using extremes to get the point across. That's just it, whenever I make fun of people I make it OBVIOUS that I'm joking. I make fun of people a lot.. but if I'm in person I always give a signal that says "I'm jk" Or in text I always use "" constantly. Even if I'm familiar with them.

Once again, this is not a part of mainstream socionics I adhere too.

Its a misconception originating from how elements are oft described.

If you say an element "sees the progression of time" then people will believe they can use this element because all but the comatose can to some extent perceive time.

If you describe an element as "seeing possibilities" then everyone will believe they have this element to some extent because its a trait everyone has.

The problem is that these are not IM elements.
    I don't see how it is a misconception from the elements. I have seen it. Fi-creatives show characteristics of Fe, Si-creatives show Se.. I've observed it.

Oh hellz no. I think you're describing empathy, which isn't necessarily higher in ethical types. In fact, I think someone who thinks they know EXACTLY how someone else would feel in a situation would be weak in ethics - someone with strong ethics would know to take into consideration that people are different. Even if you're an ethical type, you could be completely wrong about how others feel. Also, I don't think liking straight talk is indicative of an Fi leaning at all.
    I'm talking about how a situations affects those around them. How what one person says affects everyone around him. I don't care what you call it.

You're right.. it's more indicative of Fi+Se.

In my experience, alpha NTs don't make fun of other people in a mean way... nothing like how beta STs do And they're always quick to emphasise that they didn't mean any harm by what they said. My ILE friend keeps thinking he's offended me when we discuss things, and apologises at the strangest moments, when I'm having heaps of fun and not offended in the slightest. When I have even a minor disagreement with my LII friend, she makes a ridiculous effort to be nice to me afterwards, with offers of food and asking me how I am all the time. I think Alpha NTs generally hate conflict.

I'm not saying you're one particular type, I'm just saying that you shouldn't close your mind to particular types because of some misconceptions about them.
    I'm not closing my mind, and these are only some stereotypical characteristics. I'm not in any way implying that all of any type is a certain way, just that they lean that way or that they are more often than others. Alpha NTs just want to have a good time making jokes and stuff and they don't want to worry about the implication of what they say (Fi) because then they can't be themselves. I'm saying I'm not that way... I'm saying that it is part of who I am to make sure that I don't come off tactless.. however I don't feel like Fi is part of my ego because I don't judge the circumstances well. And because I don't, I'm constantly making sure that I make it obvious that I'm joking.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-13-2009 at 04:24 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Azeroffs

It cut off like the last 3mins... </3 for making videos..it's probably my shitty webcam
    "I've met some cool people on the internet, like BlackCat, he's pretty chill".

Awesome.

EDIT: One thing you people aren't realizing about these videos is that people are making an active effort to get ideas about what to talk about... sure that's Ne at work but that's not ego Ne necessarily. He reminds me of my LIE friend (who is also Ni subtype) in how he talks and the feel he gives out when he talks.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I saw your eyes on an absinthe bottle.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty much a description of Fe use. In any case, it's far more Fe than Fi.
    I mean on an individual level. Yes they both think about others will take things, but Fi is much more specific.
    Fe doesn't really make judgments as much as it creates action. Fe speaks it's mind while Fi judges and analyzes the situation.

Fe - I'm doing this to brighten the mood.
    Fi - X person might not want me to talk about Y subject.

For example, an Fe dominant can be really happy and warming but still be insensitive. This can be very apparent in some EIEs for example who pick on one person in order to gain the approval of others in a group. (Focus on enjoyment of the group (Fe) that was planned for the greatest possible amount(Ni) of joy. Conclusion reached is the sacrifice of individual's feelings for the greatest output in the long term of the group(Ni, undervalued Fi). EIEs can be dicks when around people they're trying to impress. I've observed this as well, and it really pisses me off because I know the EIE knows what he's doing is hurtful, but he doesn't care or at least doesn't think about it because of the focus on Fe. I've noticed a similarity in ESEs, but it is not as pronounced.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-13-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne-INFj.

On a side note, you also remind me of another Delta NF, Seann William Scott.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean on an individual level. Yes they both think about others will take things, but Fi is much more specific.
    Fe doesn't really make judgments as much as it creates action. Fe speaks it's mind while Fi judges and analyzes the situation.

Fi - X person might not want me to talk about Y subject.

For example, an Fe dominant can be really happy and warming but still be insensitive. This can be very apparent in some EIEs for example who pick on one person in order to gain the approval of others in a group. (Focus on enjoyment of the group (Fe) that was planned for the greatest possible amount(Ni) of joy. Conclusion reached is the sacrifice of individual's feelings for the greatest output in the long term of the group(Ni, undervalued Fi). EIEs can be dicks when around people they're trying to impress. I've observed this as well, and it really pisses me off because I know the EIE knows what he's doing is hurtful, but he doesn't care or at least doesn't think about it because of the focus on Fe. I've noticed a similarity in ESEs, but it is not as pronounced.
    OMG. SO TRUE.

I TOTALLY PICK ON PEOPLE TO GAIN THE APPROVAL OF THE MASSES.

You're not talking about Fe or Fi. You're talking about douchebags. Can we be clear about that?
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed newcomers often arrive with an immediate "bias" against the Fe-Ti axis; at least, I haven't really seen the same happening for Te-Fi. is it something in the typical descriptions of the Fe-Ti elements that make them sound undesirable or "worse" than Te-Fi, or what?
    I just don't think people want that kind of responsibility, glam.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed newcomers often arrive with an immediate "bias" against the Fe-Ti axis; at least, I haven't really seen the same happening for Te-Fi. is it something in the typical descriptions of the Fe-Ti elements that make them sound undesirable or "worse" than Te-Fi, or what?
    Well... I've noticed that the same thing happens with MBTI. I think that the use of the word "extravert" makes people think of them as being somehow "shallow" (and "introvert" as "deep"). There's a bias against the Extraverts as being "shallow" in MBTI (as well as the Sensors ). The funny thing? It's the IXXPs that have Ti and Fi in MBTI, and it's the IXXJs that have Fe and Te. So you'd have IXXPs (mostly ILIs and IEIs in Socionics) bitching about the "shallow" Fe and Te types.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you did write "everyone around him". :wink: I still think you're unfairly biased against Fe-valuers though. We're nice people, really!
    I never said Fe/Ti wasn't nice. In fact most are probably nicer than Te/Fi.
    imo Fe/Ti can be insensitive, but Te/Fi can be just rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    No. Just no. This is more or less completely wrong.
    really? explain.

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    OMG. SO TRUE.

I TOTALLY PICK ON PEOPLE TO GAIN THE APPROVAL OF THE MASSES.

You're not talking about Fe or Fi. You're talking about douchebags. Can we be clear about that?
    agreed, anyone would have to be real douche bag to do that. Fe valuers just have their priorities set in a way that makes them more likely to do that. I'm not at all saying that all Fe/Ti are like that.

I'm not being biased. Te/Fi have problems too. Anyone can overcome these problems, and these are just tendencies.

Te/Fi are boring self-righteous pricks who think that everyone should be politically correct. Again, just an exaggerated tendency, not absolute fact.

I'm just giving extreme examples. I'm not saying that just because you're a certain type that you will without a doubt act a certain way. It's just that you tend to overlook someone stepping out of bounds in a function you don't value.

People need to stop getting bent out of shape because they have weaknesses. We all have them, and we can all overcome them.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-13-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO SEI

Fe = insensitive is bullshit.
    this sounds really wrong.
    i don't believe that is the motivation for EIEs picking on people. instead of gaining approval, it's more like they'd like to show some sort of Se (HA)?
    and seriously, not everyone who does that is an EIE.
    there are some threads here saying that bullies tend to be LIEs.

haven't you read on this forums how Fe valuers think that Fi valuers are tactless instead? it's more like a perception of your conflicting quadra than "tactless = Fe-valuing".

"edit: ehh.. the more i thin about it the more it doesn't seem to make sense.. I like being around an Fi type environment where everyone can be straight with the way they feel and such, but Fi dominant just seem too powerful. Fi base makes me think of someone who know exactly how people feel in a situation. I can kinda tell, but I've never noticed it to the degree of being Fi-ego. And being NT alpha makes me think of someone who can joke around and be completely tactless.. I have a hard time joking like that because I feel bad if I might have insulted someone. I do joke like that at times, but I always get the urge to apologize if I'm not comfortable with the assumption that they didn't take offense. And that doesn't bother me. And my thoughts aren't clear enough to be Ti ego lol."
    that last sounds more alpha/delta there.

and for the first part of that paragraph, Fi does not necessarily mean being straight with how you feel. i believe Fe dominants are more known for wearing their emotions on their sleeves.
    i'm not sure if it's a good idea to quote this example, but slackermom did share about her EII sister who was not willing to reveal her feelings about not wanting to go to the place slackermom suggested for vacation. that's not really being straight with her emotions eh?

and there seems to be a pattern here for people thinking that gammas tend to say tactless stuff and not give a shit.

you seem really biased against Fe, to the point where your posts don't really make sense. like the things that you pointed out where you think are more Fi than Fe or vice versa, just doesn't mean anything.

your examples seem to be pointing out the obvious things that people generally dislike, like being picked on.

maybe you could talk about the relationships with the people in your life and what it is you like or dislike and why w/o involving anything socionics.

It's just that you tend to overlook someone stepping out of bounds in a function you don't value.
    yes. you don't seem to value Se.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    IMO SEI
    please...

Fe = insensitive is bullshit.
    Fe =/= insensitive. Weak or ignored Fi is. Like creative-Fe.. likely to be quite sensitive, but want to be distracted from it.

this sounds really wrong.
    i don't believe that is the motivation for EIEs picking on people. instead of gaining approval, it's more like they'd like to show some sort of Se (HA)?
    and seriously, not everyone who does that is an EIE.
    there are some threads here saying that bullies tend to be LIEs.
    I'm talking about a specific EIE. Not all of them. That seems likely, they are trying for Se by using FeNi and neglecting Fi. At least in this case.

There will be cases of every type being bully.

haven't you read on this forums how Fe valuers think that Fi valuers are tactless instead? it's more like a perception of your conflicting quadra than "tactless = Fe-valuing".
    That seems likely as well. Fe will see Fi as tactless and Fi will see Fe as tactless. I need to define it.

Fe sees Fi as being too to the point and ruining the general mood at times saying things that don't need to be mentioned. Fi will see Fe as being insensitive towards some individuals regardless of whether or not those individuals show it. Realize that Fe/Fi-egos are also strong in they're opposite Fi/Fe.

that last sounds more alpha/delta there.
    could you explain? I don't see how that has anything to do with Si/Ne or Se/Ni.

and for the first part of that paragraph, Fi does not necessarily mean being straight with how you feel. i believe Fe dominants are more known for wearing their emotions on their sleeves.
    Fe expresses emotions. Fi explains it.

i'm not sure if it's a good idea to quote this example, but slackermom did share about her EII sister who was not willing to reveal her feelings about not wanting to go to the place slackermom suggested for vacation. that's not really being straight with her emotions eh?
    Imo, Fi base would not want express that because of how it would make slackermom feel. Fe base might show instant disapproval.

and there seems to be a pattern here for people thinking that gammas tend to say tactless stuff and not give a shit.
    They're known for telling it like it is. Fi+Se
    especially the NTs because of weak Fe+Si.

Just as a clarification, Alpha NTs are tactless because they rudely imply things (often jokingly). Gamma NTs are tactless because they're rudely honest.

Don't chew me out.. it's just a tendency.

you seem really biased against Fe, to the point where your posts don't really make sense. like the things that you pointed out where you think are more Fi than Fe or vice versa, just doesn't mean anything.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about.

your examples seem to be pointing out the obvious things that people generally dislike, like being picked on.
    You're looking at it wrong. Think about it from a third person perspective. You're in a group and the EIE makes a joke that inadvertently insults someone. That person plays along with it and just laughs or whatever. An Fi base would see that and think it was rude. An Fe base would think it was fine because the person didn't show any signs of being insulted. Fi compares the joke to the person. Fe just looks at the person.

maybe you could talk about the relationships with the people in your life and what it is you like or dislike and why w/o involving anything socionics.

yes. you don't seem to value Se.
    At this point I'm just trying to clarify the functions, but I'm starting to think I have it wrong since no one seems to grasp what I'm saying. At the same time I'm not hearing anyone else explain the functions. A lot of you keep saying what the functions aren't and not what they are. This makes me think that most of you are not as knowledgeable as you think you are. This thread is mainly for VI purposes anyway.

I may be wrong, but looking at the way I interact with people, LIE makes sense. In the least, Te/Fi makes sense. No one is really offering good information. Most everyone keeps saying "that seems more like X type or Y function", and not explaining why. I'm confident in my own understanding of most of the functions, but not VI. Also, I have a hard time typing myself and judging myself objectively.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-13-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, and are both judging functions, but is static and introverted (field at rest) and is dynamic and extraverted (object in motion). In other words, what you described in your text as is rather Fe-related than Fi-related. You could say that every action someone choses to take or to NOT take when it comes to changing or keeping the mood in a situation is Fe-related. However, it is not the same as Fe. Fe is not about manipulating moods - but strong Fe allows someone to manipulate moods, as people with strong Fe read the moods of others and can express their own moods easily and with confidence.

Examples of how I use Fe, would be more or less anything I write. When I said "No. Just no.", I did so to "manipulate" you into paying attention. I could have written a bit about why you are wrong immediately, but then you might not have noticed as much as you might do now. (Not sure it works after telling this, though. :tongue

Fi on the other side, is subjective and static. Fi evaluates the "distance" between people, how attracted you are to others, and if you like or dislike someone. It also evaluates the morality of people based on subjective judgements. It is not related to moods in situations, but to (static) relations.

An example of how I imagine I use my , is when I think of someone as a "star on my emotional sky". When I see the inner beauty of someone, and they will occupy a place in my mind forever, even if I never speak with them again. Of course others might not agree with my judgement, but Fi is subjective.

If you think of an IEE, (strong valued Fi and strong unvalued Fe), meeting someone, they will be very skilled at establishing personal bonds with the other person. They'll know almost instantly what they think of the other person (Fi judgement) and they'll know what to say and do to create a good emotional atmosphere for the meeting (Fe).

Of course Fi and Fe are linked, and my explanation is a simplification, as Fi and Fe will influence each other. Also I use Fe and Fi with Ni, so my examples are probably heavily Ni-influenced.
    I agree, and I don't see how any of that disagrees with what I said.. lol

I'm sorry if I was unclear in my words. I know Fe makes judgments, but they're snap judgments. Not like Fi which is more of an analysis.

ugh.. it's hard to describe. Fe looks at person and sees they're mood changing. They act on it sometimes instantly without making a "judgment." Fi sees how a specific thing or person effects another person, and sees all the details of it and can be used to "judge" the situation.

They are both subjective judgments as they are not raw information like the perceiving functions, but Fi is more "judgmental" than Fe.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Fi feels bonds between people. Fi does not judge situations. Fe judges situations. I like this description of how Fe functions:
    All judging functions, by definition, judge situations.

So, as you can see, Fe monitors, registers and judges the emotional seismic waves all the time.
    Yes Fe judges emotions. Fi judges "feelings." Fi is an expert on how someone feels about someone else and how someone feels about other things. Fi compares objects. Fe studies objects.

If an EIE chose to DO something, like talk, joke or be rude, it is not Fe, but because of being strong at Fe he'll probably know more or less what happens if he talks and if he doesn't talk, etc. All of your examples are related to Fe, imo.
    I'm saying Fe knows how to and wants to make others feel good, but if Fi is ignored then he might say something that would not mix well with someone.

No, Fe is an extravert IM, meaning that it monitors objects (feelings that can be studied apart from the observer) and Fi is an introvert IM and is by definition subjective - it observes fields (feelings that cannot be studied apart from the observer). This is the very definition of Fe vs. Fi.
    All judging functions are subjective. They're creating things which are not there. How can Fe be sure that someone is feeling a certain way? Fe can be wrong right? If Fe can be wrong then it is subjective. Percieving functions are never wrong because it is pure objectified information. How a perceiving function is interpreted can be wrong. This is a completely different topic...

Also, Fi is not more "judgemental" than Fe. Fi can however, be perceived that way, as it's static and as it passes judgement on a person as in "I don't like you/he is nice/an asshole/better than you". Fe passes judgement as in "to make you listen I should smile/yell/be serious/be rude/joke".
    Actually Fi is completely responsible for being judgmental. Dealing with like/dislikes? Remember however that everyone experiences all the functions, so just because you have strong/valued Fi doesn't mean that you are more judgmental, it just means you have more reasons for being judgmental which may or may not be good.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Fi reads how people relate. Fe monitors feelings/emotions/moods.
    Fi is not limited to people-people connections.

You can create your own definitions all you want to, but in Socionics, the extraverted functions are seen as objective, and the introverted as subjective. For example, a Fi-ego says to you "I like you" and a Fe-ego says to you "You seem happy". The Fi-ego's judgement cannot possibly be evaluated apart from him. It is a subjective judgement. The Fe-ego's judgement can be studied apart from the Fe-ego himself. This is how fields(subjective) and objects (objective) work in Socionics.

What you say is not wrong, but it is irrelevant.
    Ok, agreed.

No. You are still not anywhere near the truth. Judgemental is something some people are, but it's not type related. I know EIIs who are not at all critical or judgemental as people. And I know SLEs who are completely assholes when it comes to judging others. It is not type related, and not Fi-related. It has to do with maturity.

IMO.
    precisely

Dominant Fi, will likely be MUCH more mature when it comes to the use of Fi compared to Fi-PoLR.

On the positive end, Fi-base will see all the possible judgments and pick the positive ones becoming outwardly extremely non-judgmental and probably complimenting. Fi-PoLR will see none, and be naive to such things.

On the negative side, Fi-base will be a complete judgmental bitch picking out all the negatives. Fi-PoLR will come up with reasons to hate someone which are non-existent.

Everyone is judgmental whether they like it or not. It's based in both Ti and Fi.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-14-2009 at 02:18 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm talking about a specific EIE. Not all of them. That seems likely, they are trying for Se by using FeNi and neglecting Fi. At least in this case.
    Well, it read like this:

This can be very apparent in some EIEs for example who pick on one person in order to gain the approval of others in a group. Focus on enjoyment of the group (Fe) that was planned for the greatest possible amount(Ni) of joy. Conclusion reached is the sacrifice of individual's feelings for the greatest output in the long term of the group(Ni, undervalued Fi). EIEs can be dicks when around people they're trying to impress. [/i]I've observed this as well, and it really pisses me off because I know the EIE knows what he's doing is hurtful, but he doesn't care or at least doesn't think about it because of the focus on Fe. I've noticed a similarity in ESEs, but it is not as pronounced.

Which is basically a generalization followed by a 'I've observed this as well.' Not: I know one EIE (read: I know one person I think is EIE according to my current preconception of what an EIE is like) and he does this sometimes, so it's something that might or
    might not be[/i] connected to this type. No, you wrote: EIEs are X. I've seen this manifested in Person A.

Going through your posts, I think you have weak Ti. Not only in that instance but also your general pattern of dialogue. As octopuslove pointed out there is a bizarre logical inconsistency between your 'liking people who are aware of how their comments affects everyone around them' and then your further clarification that you meant this 'on the individual level' and thus it was in fact valued Fi. You seem to be using Fi as a substitute for 'sensitivity' and 'awareness of others feelings' which is, as others have pointed out before me, incorrect. You [i]deny[i] that you're doing this when they point it, but that is how you are using and referring to it. If you were defining Fi in a different way, very little of what you say would make any sense. That you can't see the inconsistency demonstrates weak Ti. I highly doubt you're a logical type, tbh.

Fi - X person might not want me to talk about Y subject

Fe is more like 'Oh, his face darkened. He's shifting around. He didn't like that comment even though his words are saying that he doesn't mind.'

Fi is more like 'Those types of comments upset Daniel because he's so sensitive to them.'

Do you see how Fe is dynamic and Fi is static? Fe is tracking what going on situationally and Fi is going off a static bond established to the person. Fe isn't 'oh, I'm doing this to brighten the mood!' Seriously.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    my first reaction was ENTp, followed by ISFp. I think there is an ISFp expression in a quite a few of those pics, so I'll go w/ ISFp.
    Ditto, in the same order.

In his video he seems to talk more like a T-type.

Edit: He also looks like munenori. I still don't have a definite read.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    Which is basically a generalization followed by a 'I've observed this as well.' Not: I know one EIE (read: I know one person I think is EIE according to my current preconception of what an EIE is like) and he does this sometimes, so it's something that might or [/i]might not be[/i] connected to this type. No, you wrote: EIEs are X. I've seen this manifested in Person A.
    I wrote that EIEs can be dicks, and I meant inadvertently. Something I see as unlikely in an Fi-ego or at least Fi-base, though definitely not impossible.

Going through your posts, I think you have weak Ti. Not only in that instance but also your general pattern of dialogue. As octopuslove pointed out there is a bizarre logical inconsistency between your 'liking people who are aware of how their comments affects everyone around them' and then your further clarification that you meant this 'on the individual level' and thus it was in fact valued Fi. You seem to be using Fi as a substitute for 'sensitivity' and 'awareness of others feelings' which is, as others have pointed out before me, incorrect. You [i]deny[i] that you're doing this when they point it, but that is how you are using and referring to it. If you were defining Fi in a different way, very little of what you say would make any sense. That you can't see the inconsistency demonstrates weak Ti. I highly doubt you're a logical type, tbh.
    Again, I apologize for being unclear. Fe does look at individuals. It looks at them and analyzes how they are feeling and Fe types tend to be good at affecting that. Fi pays attention to how anything might affect someone. It doesn't have to be another person. Fe looks at someone and sees how they're feeling. Fi sees how X affects Y. Tbh, I've been building my understanding throughout this conversation, so I have altered my explanation slightly, but my view has been the same.

I am quite sure that I'm not Ti-ego, but this isn't enough to constitute L/E.

Fe is more like 'Oh, his face darkened. He's shifting around. He didn't like that comment even though his words are saying that he doesn't mind.'

Fi is more like 'Those types of comments upset Daniel because he's so sensitive to them.'

Do you see how Fe is dynamic and Fi is static? Fe is tracking what going on situationally and Fi is going off a static bond established to the person. Fe isn't 'oh, I'm doing this to brighten the mood!' Seriously.
    Yes, i do, and this is exactly what I was trying to say.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-14-2009 at 03:37 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast