I always view the valued functions as constructive to self, and the nonvalued or subdued as destructive to self.

So the 5th function, I like to call the "Constructive Resolve," which basically means we need help in making those strong judgments. The 6th function I like to call the "Constructive Weakness." We need help to develop a focus mentality on it, because it is much less decisive than the 5th, but one is unable to access it independently like the 5th.

The 7th function can be quite harmful if it's not controlled, because it often seems wise to use it, but becomes detrimental quite suddenly. It's good to ponder in the destructive functions, like we mostly do with 3 and 4, because then we will know what we "shouldn't" do, or what "shouldn't" happen.

I'd say that non valued functions can be disliked because of their harmful effects, but more often than not it can seem like a good idea to use and develop them, and this is when the detriments occur. Thus, development of these functions is not recommended.

In case you're wondering about their placements

1. Constructive Strength
2. Constructive Waver
3. Destructive Waver
4. Destructive Weakness
5. Constructive Resolve
6. Constructive Weakness
7. Destructive Strength
8. Destructive Resolve

Waver means we are able to access it independently, but that we can not bring ourselves to make strong judgments with it, and decisions remain free of certainty and "wavering," inconsistent. It is more in need of experience than assistance from another.

Waver = experience seeking
Resolve = assistance seeking
Weakness = both experience and assistance seeking
Strength = no need of experience or assistance