TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The fifth function

I read somewhere:

when people think about their 5th function, they think "I am so bad at this, why no one is helping me at this?"

Please, give me examples in your own words
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am not a sympathetic person. Deal with it. (Although I actually wish I were. If someone would encourage me to talk about things outside my comfort zone, I'd probably get better at it.)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so bad at just doing things that I would PAY big money for someone to just come at 6AM and just get me out of bed.

I have every justification possible for why I should do this and other things... but I still don't do them.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drift away enjoying life but I think there's something I'm not seeing. Days blend into each other and I start to feel trapped. Everything's old and I want it to be new again.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think sometimes I "forget" about keeping in touch with friends, whenever I am immersed in some particular activity. In those cases I would like to be the friends themselves to "get in touch" with me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    I'm so bad at just doing things that I would PAY big money for someone to just come at 6AM and just get me out of bed.

I have every justification possible for why I should do this and other things... but I still don't do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I drift away enjoying life but I think there's something I'm not seeing. Days blend into each other and I start to feel trapped. Everything's old and I want it to be new again.
    /retypes IEI.

But ok, my IEE buddy just randomly MSNs me and says "I need you for a photo shoot due tomorrow."

Or another IEE friend (when he actually happens to be around once in a blue moon ) randomly says "I'm going to the library to look up origins of names" after we've just had an epic nerdgasm over ancient languages, then I go and follow him and we find out that my name contains the same root as another name.

Or my ILE homie does the Spock thing, and then I turn it into a high-five, and deliver "Live long and prospah!" in a Jack Black growl, and now we do that every day.

Or he'll randomly steal my stuff and pretend it's a space fighter or a rocket or a laser beam.

And it cracks me up . I love ILE imagination. Their world is so crazy!

Ti says: Ne randomly does things.

Fe says: I love randomly doing things! It's crazy fun!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's essentially about expecting others to make clear how they feel about me - whether they love me, hate my guts, etc - without leaving me to deduce it myself.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    It's essentially about expecting others to make clear how they feel about me - whether they love me, hate my guts, etc - without leaving me to deduce it myself.
    Yeah, that too. But I prefer having it written down, so I'm not obliged to include any .

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I berate myself for not being able to make decisions. Talking things over with people, hoping someone else will decide or do it for me.

An example is when I had a couple things going on over one weekend and a big family party to attend in another state. I couldn't decide if I should go to the party or stay home. I essentially wanted to do both. But I felt like such a complete idiot being unable to pull the trigger and solidify my plans. Yet I couldn't do it. Finally an SLE friend of mine basically said here, I'll find you a flight and you can fly back in time do this other thing the next day. He even used some of his voucher money to help pay for the ticket. He sent me the itinerary and I paid him back. Finally! Someone to help me!!!!!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

truth is a hate slacking around all day. i'd like someone to get me up and moving, to do something.
    and i'd probably find a million and one reasons why not to do someone, pick at every negative thing that might come out of it.
    someone who could help me decide and say "just do it" would be nice.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    All LIEs I know are talked in the back by the people, when they have something against them. Imo LIEs are somehow not interested in what's happening "underground" because they are interest-driven and each time they face the opposition they enter the "let's get over these small details and go forward" routine, they are unable to go "personal", a requirement to clarify things like these, you need Fi. I was often caught in-between as a mediator but could not do more than distract attention from the "heated" issues and call for understanding and memorials of the good deeds each has done, with undeniable facts, but I cannot go personal myself because I usually agree with both sides.
    LIE realm and gossips circles are absolutely 2 different worlds which cannot interact together.
    Your approach and analysis seems to me to come more from a Fe perspective than Fi; but the analysis itself is correct imo.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Fe I feel more human and interesting